Village Tavern (Hanes Mall Blvd) Winston-Salem
2000 Griffith Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern (Hanes Mall Blvd) Winston-Salem
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: 3367608686
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Anthony Bonner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music in the summer on Wednesday evenings on the patio.
A word from Village Tavern (Hanes Mall Blvd) Winston-Salem
Village Tavern the neighborhood gathering places for all occasions serving great food, attentive service and an unbelievable value. We are taking simplicity to the next level.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Village Tavern (Hanes Mall Blvd) Winston-Salem - Best Restaurants in Winston-Salem ›
Village Tavern (Hanes Mall Blvd) Winston-Salem reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)great for lunch (43)great for outdoor dining (39)neighborhood gem (38)good for groups (36)great for brunch (26)fit for foodies (24)hot spot (20)notable wine list (19)romantic (17)vibrant bar scene (14)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- Outstanding Experience!newvillagetavernfanDined on 8/27/2014My husband and I, along with my parents came here to celebrate. We made a reservation online so we didn't have to wait which was great! Every single menu item we ordered was beyond delicious (especially the carrot cake & cheesecake). The best part of the experience was our server. He was the most entertaining, friendly, and prompt server I have had in a long time. Any question we had about the menu, he knew the answer, including every single ingredient. He gave great recommendations. We will definitely be visiting here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!PickyEaterDined on 8/22/2014What a great place to visit. Good food, good service, great location. Staff knows the food and gives great service every time I visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came back a second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014We had a wonderful dinner with our son and liked it so much my husband and I came back the next nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014The waiter brought me the wrong dipping sauce for my crab entree. The food is always good. Best crab cakes in WS. Noise level doesn't bother me, it's a lunch time crawd, everyone is ready for a break from teh officeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greataNanaDined on 8/19/2014Food was excellent as always and the service was good. Someone from the wait staff seated us and was not easily understood and didn't listen to what we were telling him. While I appreciate the attentiveness, that's why there is a seating staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014The staff were welcoming, friendly and energetic. What an awesome place to gather for fun and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food every time!MichelleDined on 8/14/2014I'm from out of town but have eaten here three times in the past month or so while traveling. Great food! Great service! The food is full of flavor, and there is a wide variety. I think the Organic Quinoa & Kale Salad with mango, roasted cherry tomatoes and vinaigrette is the best salad I've ever tasted. And you can't go wrong with the Shrimp & Grits. My kids ordered the flank steak with mashed potatoes and changed their plates. Try the carrot cake... enough for two! Whenever I travel through Winston-Salem, you can bet I'll do at Village Tavern. Be sure to make a reservation through Open Table... this place is popular and gets packed. (Even when busy, I asked had super friendly, great service.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, attentive serverFoodieDined on 8/14/2014The chicken teriyaki was flavorful and delicious. My salad was fresh and the basil dressing is wonderful. Our waiter was attentive and extremely patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceSteveInWSDined on 8/9/2014Great food and service on a crowded Saturday night. Were seated promptly due reservation made on OpenTable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good!darly7Dined on 8/5/2014The Village Tavern is always a good choice -- great food, good selection, good service, etc. We had ahi tuna, Mexican chicken salad, and Colorado chicken, and would order all them again.Special Features:
- Great Find in Winston-SalemMikeDVIPDined on 7/30/2014Village Tavern was a great find on a business trip in Winston Salem, NC. Service from James was excellent, Sean also helped out as well. Had the fish & chips, it was very good. My wife tried the crab cake sandwich which she also enjoyed a great deal. There was some live music outside, covering some classics with a twist from Clapton, Elvis, Black Crowes, REM, etc... James came over to see if we wanted dessert and mentioned the Key Lime Pie was pretty good. Pretty Good, the lady baking the pies at Village Tavern should go on Shark Tank and start a mail order pie business, even that grump Kevin would fund her. Her name is Willie Mae and she is to pies what Eric Clapton is to guitar playing. Thanks James, Sean and Willie Mae!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All is GoodMAS65Dined on 7/27/2014The reservation process worked smoothly. I even called to delay our arrival 15 minutes - no problem for VT. As usual, the food was superb.Special Features:
- Very Noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Very very noisy inside main dining area! Will request patio next time!Special Features:
- One of the best places in WSouttoeatDined on 7/23/2014Great food, great service, cozy atmosphere. Recommended for all dining experiences. Out door patio is very nice and often has live music.Special Features:
- Dinner on SaturdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We had a dinner at Village Tavern on Saturday night. Dinner was delicious, except my wife's dinner was sent back cold, and when it was re-heated it had hot and cold spots. Nonetheless, the rest of the evening was wonderful and our waiter, Ernest was the best waiter we have ever had. We have both worked in the restaurant industry for 15+ years and also owned a restaurant here in Kernersville. Ernest W. was a top-notch waiter and was very attentive and personable.Special Features:
- DinnerMneerDined on 7/18/2014simple dinner - made reservations for early seating - arrived as first guests for dinner and seated by the kitchen and wait staff prep area - and the door to the outside patio. Loud staff and door to patio gave a constant breeze of outside air. Only 2 of us and probably not the best location to seat the first guests of the evening - plenty of other tables available. I am noticing that using Open Table often gets you put in some odd seating and table locations...? Food was OK, glad I did not wait in line. It is a popular place overall - not sure about food but it will provide a good evening out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rustic CharmGourmetettesVIPDined on 7/17/2014We very much liked our dining experience at this restaurant. I ate the grouper with angel hair pasta, and my husband ate a steak. Both of us took half of our meals in doggie containers with us. We returned the next day for lunch so that we could try some other dishes. We recommend the crab dip and the mushroom and goat cheese pizza. The wine selections (for dinner) were outstanding. Our servers were attentive and wonderful, also. We'll be back next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindFoodieDined on 7/15/2014Was in town for business and found this place using TripAdvisor. Service, from the hostess to the server, was outstanding. Food was excellent, with a very large and varied menu. Desserts were wonderful and all are made in house.Special Features:
- HeadshrinkerDined on 7/14/2014We had a new server who was eagar to hel but did ot lirsten to two of the 4 people and pick up correrctly on the specifics of their order so they were not correct when they arrived. The two people did not want to tell the waiter that. My own dish was rather greasy. It was also very noisy when trying to have a conversation which was the purpose of being there. We usually like going there but this time it was a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints !CcmacDined on 7/12/2014Love the Tavern. The food is always spot-on and service ,impeccable!!Special Features:
- Great experienceBobaDined on 7/9/2014Great food,service,atmosphere.went there to have a quiet birthday celebration.everything was great!Special Features:
- Come hungryParksterVIPDined on 7/8/2014Lunch was very good and filling. They offer large portions and great food. The main room seems loud but the Sunroom was fine, the booths are very large and comfortable. The service was a little slow but we arrived at the middle of lunch service and the place was packed. I recomend this for a great lunch. If it is cooler weather the outside terrace looked really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday diningBABSDined on 7/6/2014We enjoyed our food, surroundings and the server was friendly and capable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for drinks & eatsEddieDined on 7/5/2014Excellent food and service. It ain't the cheapest place in town but Hey! Ya can't have everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food - but a bit pricycountryhamncDined on 7/4/2014It has been over a year since I visited this restaurant and I love the décor, quality food, friendly (not casual) service. Professionally managed, staffed, and the cooks are top notch. The one downside is the significant increase in menu prices in the last year - I would guess some items are up 25%. Still, if you are looking for a fail-safe dinner to impress, this is a good place to go - definitely a cut above Chili's, Applebees, etc. The trout dinner is impressive and the rib eye steak is spot on. Call ahead has been replaced with OpenTable reservations - a key reason we came back - Village Tavern is ALWAYS busy (speaks to the quality of food and customer service.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding!sjoeybDined on 7/3/2014This restaurant is my go to place along the Stratford Road/Hanes Mall intersection. The food is great and the service always excellent. We had a few items from their new lunch menu. The flat bread pizza was amazing!Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere!NH22Dined on 7/1/2014My family and I went to the Village Tavern on Hanes Mall Blvd to celebrate my anniversary. We made reservations and were seated as soon as we arrived. The server was very friendly and had a great personality. Our food was fantastic - hot and delicious. The butter cake for dessert is a must have - perfect way to end the meal. This was not our first time dining at the Village Tavern. Every time we go we are extremely satisfied with the service and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Village TavernReneeMeltonDined on 6/21/2014Words can't explain how much my husband and I loved and love our dining experience at Village Tavern! It's our new fave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but noise level loudniteonthetownDined on 6/21/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. The food was fresh, hot and overall great. I made a reservation well in advance and expected a nice table. Unfortunately we were seated near the entrance to the dining room and the noise level was really loud. We were looking for a nice romantic dinner and achieved our goal with regards to the food but the ambiance was lacking. This is a good spot for great food for a crowd but not so great for romance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server in trainingNCDeaconVIPDined on 6/18/2014We've been coming to this Village Tavern since it first opened,many years ago. They've always been known for great service and good food at reasonable prices. This evening our server was a trainee. As you can imagine not everything was perfect, but his mentor was wonderful. Don't think he had ever opened a bottle of wine before. Our food took a long time to come out, and was not exactly as we ordered it but we give the guy a break. His attitude was cheerful and I wish him well with his new career. We still enjoyed ourselves but not a normal evening at Village TavernSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, be prepared to wait.amlane04Dined on 6/15/2014We went for Sunday brunch around 11:15. The food was prepared as ordered and great quality, but it took us almost an hour to receive our food. I had to ask three times for silverware and didn't receive cream or anything to stir the coffee. The server did make sure our coffee stayed full while we waited. We have eaten dinner here several times before and not had this issue. This was our first time for Sunday brunch; may have been a busier than normal day.Special Features:
- Excellent!Jtatum151Dined on 6/15/2014We were at Village Tavern on Father's Day for brunch. The food and the service were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Putting the wait in WaitstaffSpikedCoffeeDined on 6/15/2014We had an 11:15 reservation via OpenTable. We were seated at a reasonable time however an hour afterwords we still didn't have food. At 12:15 I got up on my own and inquired at the hostess station when we would get food. She was surprised by our wait and would send a manager over. The manager took care of the situation and some 70 minutes after our reservation the food arrived. I'm not sure where our order went, but most distressing is that our own server didn't notice we were without food for over an hour. It shows either the service staff doesn't care or that they aren't trained. I shouldn't have had to notify management myself at a more upscale restaurant. This place is only as good as its front line, and that's not good enough.Special Features:
- Another great time at VTaytch75Dined on 6/14/2014Village Tavern is a great spot. Their detailed wine list, stone oven for fresh pizzas, the fact that they make 99% of everything fresh on sight all put it over the top in my book. The service is always top notch, but when there is a full crowd at the restaurant it is challenging for the servers to make it around as frequently. If you get a chance to visit (and it's a hot spot) go for it. I would be surprised if you were disappointed. But as with everything, YMMV. :-)Special Features:
- Another excellent meal hereGBRussellDined on 6/14/2014Village Tavern remains a family favorite -- my retired father enjoyed his meal, as did my 2 children. When a special occasion rolls around, this is our go-to place.Special Features:
- FoodTravDined on 6/12/2014I would highly recommend Village Tavern. I had the grouper hemingway. Very good meal. Cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoudKathyVIPDined on 6/10/2014This is a typical Village Tavern restaurant. They have several locations and all are about the same. Food is good, not exceptional, but ok for this type venue. Service was very attentive and accommodating to special requests. The biggest drawback is that it is loud. This restaurant is always crowded and the noise level is high. Do not expect to have a business conversation, but if you just want a casual environment, Village Tavern is an option.
- Good food with average serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/5/2014The food was very good especially for the price. However, the place felt a little dirty and the service was subpar. I've been to the other location in Charlotte, NC and has a much better ambiance.
- Village brunchJlynnbVIPDined on 6/1/2014Good was good. Had a couple of special requests - one was honored, one was not, but it was fine. Norwood our waiter was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LulaDined on 5/31/2014Good food selection at good prices. Bar service was great!Special Features: