Village Tavern (Hanes Mall Blvd) Winston-Salem
2000 Griffith Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27103Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern (Hanes Mall Blvd) Winston-Salem
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: (336) 760-8686
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Anthony Bonner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music in the summer on Wednesday evenings on the patio.
A word from Village Tavern (Hanes Mall Blvd) Winston-Salem
Village Tavern the neighborhood gathering places for all occasions serving great food, attentive service and an unbelievable value. We are taking simplicity to the next level.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Village Tavern (Hanes Mall Blvd) Winston-Salem - Best Restaurants in Winston-Salem ›
Village Tavern (Hanes Mall Blvd) Winston-Salem reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (51)great for lunch (48)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (43)fit for foodies (39)great for outdoor dining (37)great for brunch (26)notable wine list (20)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (18)romantic (13)kid-friendly (12)late-night find (8)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014My wife and I enjoyed a later dinner on a Friday night. Village was very crowded and noisier than I had ever seen it. Food was great, Tiffany our server was very on the ball and courteous. The Village never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not as good as usualNCDeaconVIPDined on 11/19/2014We (like a zillion others) really like VT because of great food, fair prices, and fantastic servers. However, this night was the exception. From the beginning, our party of 5 could tell the server was not focused on us. We ordered a bottle of wine, and after she brought water and came back to take our order, it was like she suddenly remembered we'd ordered wine, and said she'd go check on it. We went ahead and ordered an appetizer then, and when she brought the wine, she asked if we'd like to order an appetizer. (!) We reminded her we had already ordered an appetizer. She said oh yeah, and went to check on it. Food was very good, as always, but not service. We highly recommend the pimento cheese fondue, the wedge salad, the Cobb salad, the clam chowder and cheesecake. Normally the chicken tacos are good too, but this night it was evident they had sat awhile under the heat lamp before coming to the table. Hope we don't get this server again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to celebrate special occasionsBenellDined on 11/15/2014As always the food was great and service was excellent with Ernest at our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A go-to choiceiknowthebestDined on 11/9/2014Always predictably good. This restaurant is popular for a reason.Special Features:
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/6/2014We brought our friends here and yet loved it. Good food st a great price. This has always been a favorite of ours when we are in Winston-Salem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!luvvillagetavernDined on 11/4/2014Great food and our waiter was EXCELLENT! I always enjoy dining at your restaurant. I especially love the Sunday brunch!Special Features:
- Service was impeccable!k2kenneyDined on 11/4/2014Our server Ernie was absolutely wonderful. We couldn't have had a better meal or a more relaxing evening anywhere else with Ernie in charge of us. Thanks Village Tavern for being our favorite restaurant for many, many years now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Tavern Review2FoodiesDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed our meal. We were seated very promptly upon our arrival. Our table had the spinach artichoke dip and a variety of sandwiches and pasta dishes. Everything was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent meal at VTGBRussellDined on 11/1/2014Our service was excellent the entire evening; our dishes ranged from hamburgers to prime rib to shrimp and grits to flatbread pizza, and each person in our party of 6 enjoyed their choice. We celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and any other occasion at VT.Special Features:
- Great lunchNCDeaconVIPDined on 10/31/2014All 3 of us got variations of the Soup/Sandwich Combo. French Onion and New England Clam Chowder are always on the menu and are excellent. Sandwich choices are 1/2 of a Chicken Salad or Chicken Club. Both are excellent. Great spot for meeting friends for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding...as usualAllieDined on 10/30/2014Village Tavern is our "go-to" restaurant. While we live about 25 minutes out of town, it is always at the top of our list when we make the big trip into Winston-Salem. Have never had a bad meal. Husband loves the flank steak. Hearty eater and still takes home a to-go box. I am a bit more adventurous and have too many favorites to mention. Recently had the shrimp tacos and they were fabulous. The wine list is good. The drink specials enticing. The wait staff is obviously well-trained in delivering superior service. As a Fortune 500 customer service trainer, myself, I can appreciate the consistent message I get from the staff... you are important to us! Again, cannot say enough good things about Village Tavern. A "must" dining experience.Special Features:
- Business LunchMichelleDined on 10/28/2014I had a very important lunch with clients. They loved their food, as did I. The service was great! I had a reservation for 4 and my guests brought an additional person. The host staff was great with fixing it and there was no wait for our table. Staci was great. She remembered me from almost a year ago when I had her as my server. Everything was perfect. The portions were great for the price too. Also, the reservation process was simple.Special Features:
- A great experence.JerryDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I enjoy your establishment each time we visit. We are not able to get out much as my wife is disabled and pretty much homebound. Our server, Laurae, was wonderful and very attentive. We couldn't ask for better. The food was very good as usual. Being able to make reservations online is a big plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentLovetoeatDined on 10/24/2014We always go to Village Tavern when we are visiting our son who attends Wake Forest. It a favorite of parents and students as the food is always good and it's a fun atmosphere. Always recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good diningRonaldVIPDined on 10/22/2014Food is always good at the VT. I have visited this store on many occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob58Dined on 10/21/2014Food was great, but the exceptional service sets the experience apart.Special Features:
- Good food; too loudDavidDined on 10/20/2014We had a reservation and still had to wait a few minutes; surprising since others did not have a reservation. We were seated at a very small...repeat very small table. The noise level was so bad that we could not talk to each other. We noticed that others who did not have a reservation got a table for 4...much more comfortable. The ribeye steak was great; the margarite flatbread was so-so. A very expensive evening for the food quality, and the ambiance/noise level.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Tavern scores againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/19/2014Went to VT for another birthday celebration and as always it was a wonderful experience. Look forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- AhomesproDined on 10/16/2014Village Tavern is consistently good and always a great dining experience whether you're having a full meal or a drink and an apetizer. Good menu with a variety of selections to please everyone.Special Features:
- concernedjohnDined on 10/12/2014That is .... the staff is. They make sure things/food/service, etc. are as you wish and that you are more than pleased. Always a pleasure to dine at this location.Special Features:
- jewelsb11Dined on 10/4/2014Service was pretty terrible. Way too loud. food was excellent.Special Features:
- Outstanding Service and FoodAnniversary14Dined on 10/1/2014I would like to thank the wait staff and cooks for a awesome anniversary night out. My wife and I couldn't have been more pleased with the service and great tasting food.Special Features:
- Great service!WSGirlDined on 9/16/2014I am a repeat customer at Village Tavern for two reasons: food and service. On this occasion, I was catching up with an old friend. Our lunch was taken to the next level with the day's special, chicken pesto, and our wonderful server. I wish I could remember her name (tall, blond and smiley). She did everything right. Clearly, I will be back!Special Features:
- Village Tavern RebootncparksDined on 9/12/2014The service from entrance to exit was excellent. Menu selections abound. The server's knowledge of the menu items and their preparation was impressive. Presentation excellent. Portion sizes large. And the price for four adults small.Special Features:
- Banard67Dined on 9/9/2014Probably the best place in Winston-Salem to eat. Nice atmosphere good food. Service is OK, could use some improvementSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VT nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Uniformly great food! Very cozy setting and atmosphere. Now even better with reservations.Special Features:
- Always Great FoodGreatSteaksDined on 8/30/2014Try to go to Village Tavern at least once a month. It is always great food and fantastic service. They have some of the best steaks around the Winston-Salem area. I recommend Village Tavern to all my friends and visitors. Wait times are reasonable but can get a little long during busy weekends around dinner time.
- Outstanding Experience!newvillagetavernfanDined on 8/27/2014My husband and I, along with my parents came here to celebrate. We made a reservation online so we didn't have to wait which was great! Every single menu item we ordered was beyond delicious (especially the carrot cake & cheesecake). The best part of the experience was our server. He was the most entertaining, friendly, and prompt server I have had in a long time. Any question we had about the menu, he knew the answer, including every single ingredient. He gave great recommendations. We will definitely be visiting here more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!PickyEaterDined on 8/22/2014What a great place to visit. Good food, good service, great location. Staff knows the food and gives great service every time I visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Came back a second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014We had a wonderful dinner with our son and liked it so much my husband and I came back the next nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014The waiter brought me the wrong dipping sauce for my crab entree. The food is always good. Best crab cakes in WS. Noise level doesn't bother me, it's a lunch time crawd, everyone is ready for a break from teh officeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greataNanaDined on 8/19/2014Food was excellent as always and the service was good. Someone from the wait staff seated us and was not easily understood and didn't listen to what we were telling him. While I appreciate the attentiveness, that's why there is a seating staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/17/2014The staff were welcoming, friendly and energetic. What an awesome place to gather for fun and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food every time!MichelleDined on 8/14/2014I'm from out of town but have eaten here three times in the past month or so while traveling. Great food! Great service! The food is full of flavor, and there is a wide variety. I think the Organic Quinoa & Kale Salad with mango, roasted cherry tomatoes and vinaigrette is the best salad I've ever tasted. And you can't go wrong with the Shrimp & Grits. My kids ordered the flank steak with mashed potatoes and changed their plates. Try the carrot cake... enough for two! Whenever I travel through Winston-Salem, you can bet I'll do at Village Tavern. Be sure to make a reservation through Open Table... this place is popular and gets packed. (Even when busy, I asked had super friendly, great service.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, attentive serverFoodieDined on 8/14/2014The chicken teriyaki was flavorful and delicious. My salad was fresh and the basil dressing is wonderful. Our waiter was attentive and extremely patient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceSteveInWSDined on 8/9/2014Great food and service on a crowded Saturday night. Were seated promptly due reservation made on OpenTable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always good!darly7Dined on 8/5/2014The Village Tavern is always a good choice -- great food, good selection, good service, etc. We had ahi tuna, Mexican chicken salad, and Colorado chicken, and would order all them again.Special Features:
- Great Find in Winston-SalemMikeDVIPDined on 7/30/2014Village Tavern was a great find on a business trip in Winston Salem, NC. Service from James was excellent, Sean also helped out as well. Had the fish & chips, it was very good. My wife tried the crab cake sandwich which she also enjoyed a great deal. There was some live music outside, covering some classics with a twist from Clapton, Elvis, Black Crowes, REM, etc... James came over to see if we wanted dessert and mentioned the Key Lime Pie was pretty good. Pretty Good, the lady baking the pies at Village Tavern should go on Shark Tank and start a mail order pie business, even that grump Kevin would fund her. Her name is Willie Mae and she is to pies what Eric Clapton is to guitar playing. Thanks James, Sean and Willie Mae!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All is GoodMAS65Dined on 7/27/2014The reservation process worked smoothly. I even called to delay our arrival 15 minutes - no problem for VT. As usual, the food was superb.Special Features:
- Very Noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Very very noisy inside main dining area! Will request patio next time!Special Features:
- The following 669 reviews are from the Village Tavern (Hanes Mall Blvd) Winston-Salem reviews archive.