Village Tavern Greensboro
1903 Westridge Road
Greensboro, NC 27410Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern Greensboro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: (336) 282-3063
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00m - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Dickson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music on our Patio every Wednesday Night
A word from Village Tavern Greensboro
The Village Tavern offers an upscale casual dining experience providing great food at a great value with great service to all of our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Village Tavern Greensboro - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Village Tavern Greensboro reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (73)great for outdoor dining (64)good for groups (61)great for lunch (54)special occasion (49)fit for foodies (46)great for brunch (46)hot spot (33)vibrant bar scene (32)notable wine list (31)romantic (23)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (12)scenic view (2)Show More
- As usual Village Tavern doesn't dissapoint.tiffanyDined on 11/12/2014Great place to eat. Great service. Wednesday was half off wine night so I got to try a more expensive wine than I normally would have selected. Food was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014My husband and I chose Village Tavern for our Anniversary this year. We hadn't been a while and thoroughly enjoyed. We have never had a bad experience there. I made a reservation and we arrived early. We thought we would have to wait in the bar for a few minutes and were going to have a drink. However, they were able to seat us right away. The service was great as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to ParDonZVIPDined on 11/6/2014Food was good, service was poor at best. Waiter seemed to be more interested in football game in bar than taking care of our table. The staff is very frendly though. Most likey would skip this one if I came back to Greensboro again.
- GayleDined on 11/5/2014I go to Village Tavern several times a month and have been for years. Love the food and atmosphere, and always have great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014For relatives visiting from Wrentham, MASS, this was a delightful dining experience. Guest were impressed. Compliments to the Chef and servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchGwaffieVIPDined on 11/2/2014The Brunch menu was fantastic and the food even better!!Special Features:
- qb1111Dined on 11/2/2014I have eaten at VT for years in Winston-Salem. First time in Greensboro. Location not very easy to find as in Winston-Salem. Very loud and hard to have a conversation. Had to repeatedly have to ask for an item and took them 4 times before they brough to the table. Will not go back to this location.Special Features:
- ConsistentGreatFoodFanaticDined on 10/31/2014Always good food and great service. I eat here regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/31/2014Another delightful dining experience with friends. We are fortunate to have this neighborhood gem restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place To GoGr8diningDined on 10/26/2014Of all the places to eat around Greensboro, which is plenty, I have always stated to others that The Village Tavern will always be our favorite place to dine.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/25/2014Another wonderful dining experience: good food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014We always enjoy going here! Food is excellent!! Service is great! You can't miss!!Special Features:
- Average but noisyexperienceddinerDined on 10/24/2014Found the whole visit average. Food was okay, service was okay, but it was just too noisy.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/22/2014Another enjoyable evening --- truly a neighborhood gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotJGump810Dined on 10/19/2014This local restaurant is a great dining experience for families and dates. I like the menu and the service is fantastic. I never have issues when I eat here.Special Features:
- Delicious & reliableLizzieLizzieDined on 10/19/2014My family, friends and I have been going to the Village Tavern for many years. If you want fresh, well prepared, pleasantly served American food this is the spot to get it. I have never had a bad meal or unpleasant service here. The menu covers all the bases. Nothing too weird, not terribly adventurous ... just excellent food, cozy atmosphere, great service. I would say this is a family friendly place if the children are well behaved. I have seen some children here, but I have never been annoyed by screaming, food throwing, aisle running little terrors spitting up in a high chair.Special Features:
- One to remember. Excellent!Wow1Dined on 10/18/2014This was a dining experience that I will not soon forget. Incredible atmosphere, staff was knowledgable and food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Tavern GreensbotoTammysTableDined on 10/18/2014First time at the Greensboro location. Very nice outside appearance in the evening. We had reservations celebrating our anniversary. We were seated immediately. Service was outstanding, food was good but a little pricey for the quality and quantity. Large table next to us was very loud at times. Not an intimate anniversary meal. Hot crab dip appetizer was excellent. Wife's salmon was tasty and cooked perfect. My filet was ok, a little salty. Overall a good location for a special meal. Larger variety of seafood should be included in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAS66Dined on 10/18/2014I've been going to Village Tavern for many years and it was as always an awesome experience. Delicious food, good service and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Sticky tableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We mentioned to the waiter that our forks were literally sticking to the table, and instead of re-wiping it he just brought us new forks. It was so sticky that the base of the wine glass stuck to the table. It was busy, so we didn't make them wipe it. We laid our second set of silverware on napkins so they didn't have to touch the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wandafulDined on 10/17/2014Great food. Brought friends from Florida. They enjoyed. I would call the noise "loud" instead of energetic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We had a great time! Tqhe only thing I would say is that the drinks seem to take longer then normal and our mimosas were not very cold!Special Features:
- In Greensboro, this is it!!Wolfpack74VIPDined on 10/10/2014Stopped for lunch on way from Charlotte to Raleigh. A wonderful restaurant. Delicious food, super attentive service. The kitchen made a mistake on my order and it was immediately redone to my satisfaction. Incredible menu. Pizza, sandwiches, steaks, salads, specials. Just an incredible variety of choices. If you are in Greensboro, don't miss Village Tavern (there is one in Winston-Salem, too)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/8/2014Excellent food and service. Will dine there again.Special Features:
- Family ReunionPartyof3Dined on 10/7/2014My Dad wanted to eat at the Village Tavern with me and my brother. I asked for the corner table to accommodate us, plus my brother's family. My table was ready and waiting upon arrival at 6 PM. We all had excellent, craft-made cocktails, 4 appetizers, entrees, and dessert. The bacon-wrapped scallops were awesome, as were the oysters. My prime rib was perfectly Medium Rare, and the side of spinach was hot, flavorful, and not overcooked. Our server, Colby, was "spot on" with refills, bar service, and special requests. I recommend the Village Tavern!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific for many yearsAnonymousDined on 10/3/2014Excellent as always. My family has enjoyed eating at Village Tavern for a long time.Special Features:
- Great Semi-Local JointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014This is the best food we've found in a long time and the locals love this place- and for good reason! Make sure to book a reservation on the weekends.Special Features:
- lsapaughDined on 10/3/2014Need to update interior. Tables are much too small for parties larger than two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/3/2014Another fine dining experience: good food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodeatsVIPDined on 10/1/2014Celebrating 2 birthdays at VT--always good choices on the menu & 1/2 price wine too! Always can count on consistency!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MotherofthegroupDined on 10/1/2014This was our second time here. Not as good as the first. Next time we will order our entrees after we have received our appetizers.Special Features:
- David PattersonDP69Dined on 9/30/2014Service was a bit slow. Pimento cheese sandwich was huge and very good. Pork sliders were good. Diet coke was a bit flat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service - excellent fareOcheletDined on 9/27/2014Very attentive servers and an extensive menu with something for everyone - vegetarians, fish and meat lovers, healthy diet conscious foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Tavern Never Disappointsfoodie123VIPDined on 9/20/2014Every time I visit I find something else I would like to try on my next visit!Special Features:
- OutstandingTisalsDined on 9/17/2014Service was better than expected for such a bustling place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BoatedDined on 9/10/2014As always the service and food excellent! The staff is always professional. They do a great job with large parties.Special Features:
- mflyerDined on 9/8/2014Great place to eat with servers that are very upbeat and friendly.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014In Greensboro for a conference and found the Village Tavern for lunch. Then discovered they had a great brunch on Sunday.Special Features:
- TDB0515Dined on 9/5/2014This was my first time eating at the Village Tavern. Very enjoyable and will certainly go again. Food was excellent and service was perfect.Special Features:
- LUV2DINEOUTLUV2DINEOUTDined on 9/5/2014From the moment you enter Village Tavern it is all about the great service. Greeting you with a smile and seating people where they wish if at all possible. Their waitstaff is incredible . . they are very familiar with the wine list and other beverages and have tried most of the items on the menu. . they are flexible with substitutions within reason and are always available to refill your water glass or get you a refill of a drink or soft beverage. . Our waiter Garret was excellent . . . We have to say that Village Tavern is our favorite restaurant and we will be headed back there soon. Thank you for another delicious and delightful dining experience.Special Features: