Village Tavern Greensboro
1903 Westridge Road
Greensboro, NC 27410Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern Greensboro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: 3362823063x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00m - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Dickson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music on our Patio every Wednesday Night
A word from Village Tavern Greensboro
The Village Tavern offers an upscale casual dining experience providing great food at a great value with great service to all of our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Village Tavern Greensboro - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Village Tavern Greensboro reviews from OpenTable diners
126 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (71)great for outdoor dining (70)good for groups (61)great for lunch (54)special occasion (48)great for brunch (44)fit for foodies (39)hot spot (32)notable wine list (29)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (25)romantic (23)late-night find (12)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014This local restaurant is a great dining experience for families and dates. I like the menu and the service is fantastic. I never have issues when I eat here.Special Features:
- Village Tavern GreensbotoTammysTableDined on 10/18/2014First time at the Greensboro location. Very nice outside appearance in the evening. We had reservations celebrating our anniversary. We were seated immediately. Service was outstanding, food was good but a little pricey for the quality and quantity. Large table next to us was very loud at times. Not an intimate anniversary meal. Hot crab dip appetizer was excellent. Wife's salmon was tasty and cooked perfect. My filet was ok, a little salty. Overall a good location for a special meal. Larger variety of seafood should be included in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAS66Dined on 10/18/2014I've been going to Village Tavern for many years and it was as always an awesome experience. Delicious food, good service and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Sticky tableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We mentioned to the waiter that our forks were literally sticking to the table, and instead of re-wiping it he just brought us new forks. It was so sticky that the base of the wine glass stuck to the table. It was busy, so we didn't make them wipe it. We laid our second set of silverware on napkins so they didn't have to touch the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wandafulDined on 10/17/2014Great food. Brought friends from Florida. They enjoyed. I would call the noise "loud" instead of energetic.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We had a great time! Tqhe only thing I would say is that the drinks seem to take longer then normal and our mimosas were not very cold!Special Features:
- In Greensboro, this is it!!Wolfpack74VIPDined on 10/10/2014Stopped for lunch on way from Charlotte to Raleigh. A wonderful restaurant. Delicious food, super attentive service. The kitchen made a mistake on my order and it was immediately redone to my satisfaction. Incredible menu. Pizza, sandwiches, steaks, salads, specials. Just an incredible variety of choices. If you are in Greensboro, don't miss Village Tavern (there is one in Winston-Salem, too)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/8/2014Excellent food and service. Will dine there again.Special Features:
- Family ReunionPartyof3Dined on 10/7/2014My Dad wanted to eat at the Village Tavern with me and my brother. I asked for the corner table to accommodate us, plus my brother's family. My table was ready and waiting upon arrival at 6 PM. We all had excellent, craft-made cocktails, 4 appetizers, entrees, and dessert. The bacon-wrapped scallops were awesome, as were the oysters. My prime rib was perfectly Medium Rare, and the side of spinach was hot, flavorful, and not overcooked. Our server, Colby, was "spot on" with refills, bar service, and special requests. I recommend the Village Tavern!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific for many yearsAnonymousDined on 10/3/2014Excellent as always. My family has enjoyed eating at Village Tavern for a long time.Special Features:
- Great Semi-Local JointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014This is the best food we've found in a long time and the locals love this place- and for good reason! Make sure to book a reservation on the weekends.Special Features:
- lsapaughDined on 10/3/2014Need to update interior. Tables are much too small for parties larger than two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/3/2014Another fine dining experience: good food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodeatsVIPDined on 10/1/2014Celebrating 2 birthdays at VT--always good choices on the menu & 1/2 price wine too! Always can count on consistency!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MotherofthegroupDined on 10/1/2014This was our second time here. Not as good as the first. Next time we will order our entrees after we have received our appetizers.Special Features:
- David PattersonDP69Dined on 9/30/2014Service was a bit slow. Pimento cheese sandwich was huge and very good. Pork sliders were good. Diet coke was a bit flat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service - excellent fareOcheletDined on 9/27/2014Very attentive servers and an extensive menu with something for everyone - vegetarians, fish and meat lovers, healthy diet conscious foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Tavern Never Disappointsfoodie123VIPDined on 9/20/2014Every time I visit I find something else I would like to try on my next visit!Special Features:
- OutstandingTisalsDined on 9/17/2014Service was better than expected for such a bustling place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!BoatedDined on 9/10/2014As always the service and food excellent! The staff is always professional. They do a great job with large parties.Special Features:
- mflyerDined on 9/8/2014Great place to eat with servers that are very upbeat and friendly.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014In Greensboro for a conference and found the Village Tavern for lunch. Then discovered they had a great brunch on Sunday.Special Features:
- TDB0515Dined on 9/5/2014This was my first time eating at the Village Tavern. Very enjoyable and will certainly go again. Food was excellent and service was perfect.Special Features:
- LUV2DINEOUTLUV2DINEOUTDined on 9/5/2014From the moment you enter Village Tavern it is all about the great service. Greeting you with a smile and seating people where they wish if at all possible. Their waitstaff is incredible . . they are very familiar with the wine list and other beverages and have tried most of the items on the menu. . they are flexible with substitutions within reason and are always available to refill your water glass or get you a refill of a drink or soft beverage. . Our waiter Garret was excellent . . . We have to say that Village Tavern is our favorite restaurant and we will be headed back there soon. Thank you for another delicious and delightful dining experience.Special Features:
- Good as AlwaysMKEWDined on 8/30/2014The menu is much smaller, but still contains their best dishes. Service is quick. Food is excellent. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014Another enjoyable dinner with friends. We are fortunate to have Village Tavern in our back yard, so to speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service & foodsillygirlDined on 8/27/2014We had a great time celebrating my daughters birthday. Food great& server very attentive & on the ballSpecial Features:
- Good foodJaneDined on 8/27/2014I ordered my favorite, marinated flank steak, we sat outside on the patio. I wish the restaurant would get cushions for outside, those chairs are metal and not very comfortable. The last time I got the flank steak outside, it was fatty, as it was again this time. Since it was lunchtime, i didn't send those pieces back, just ate them anyway. The marinade was excellent, as was the black beans, I never get the French fries that come with it. This time, I ordered the cooked spinach, and it was very good.Special Features:
- Highly Recommend Village TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Outstanding service...wonderful atmosphere...great food! I look forward to going back, soon. Highly recommend it for those who enjoy fine dining at its best. Well suited for casual as well as formal attire.Special Features:
- OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere, the food was awesome, my my the waiter wasn't that great maybe next time he or she will do better..thanks..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing for 1st dateFanOfTheVTDined on 8/23/2014Village Tavern is great for any 1st date experience. We felt like we had our own privacy but in a public location. The staff was extremely friendly. And my boyfriend and I intend to take many more date nights at the Village Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat...swgreeneDined on 8/22/2014The food was wonderful and our server Jessica was fantastic; she made sure that everything was to our liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevesreviewsStevesreviewsDined on 8/22/2014The Village Tavern continues to be a great choice year after year. Some things never change and you can be grateful for that when dining here. The old standbys on the menu, many of which have been there for years, and hard to ignore are consistently excellent from year to year."Special Features:
- I Love Dining At Village Tavernfoodie123VIPDined on 8/15/2014I have never been disappointed and was happy to see that they have Sunday brunch so made another reservation!Special Features:
- Village Tavernluv2eatDined on 8/9/2014They had our table ready when we arrived. We had great food and service. Our waiter was knowledgeable with the food and menu. There were 7 of us and everyone ordered something different and all of it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in GreensboroGr8diningDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I always go to Village Tavern because it has always been our favorite place for special occasions or just for a night out for diner. The staff has always been friendly and catered to our needs. We also like to reserve online and receive what we requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014Another enjoyable lunch with friends. This is a great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatSteveFDined on 8/6/2014Took an out of town friend to dinner here and, as usual, the food and service were excellent. He was quite impressed that I had such a great restaurant that I could easily walk to. We both enjoyed the salmon this evening - consistently good.Special Features:
- The usual ...dogsinapileDined on 7/31/2014Been going to Village tavern in Greensboro for many years and it is always the same ... Great food but VERY poor service. The excuse this time "In the back putting together desserts" ... and we did not even order dessert ?!?
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014We were there this occasion for a family birthday. Our waitress was wonderful and so friendly. Had a wonderful time. Loved the fact that I was able to do reservation way in advance!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.