Village Tavern Greensboro
1903 Westridge Road
Greensboro, NC 27410Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern Greensboro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: 3362823063x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00m - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Dickson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live music on our Patio every Wednesday Night
A word from Village Tavern Greensboro
The Village Tavern offers an upscale casual dining experience providing great food at a great value with great service to all of our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Village Tavern Greensboro - Best Restaurants in Greensboro ›
Village Tavern Greensboro reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (81)neighborhood gem (74)good for groups (68)great for lunch (62)special occasion (58)great for brunch (54)hot spot (37)fit for foodies (35)notable wine list (28)vibrant bar scene (27)kid-friendly (27)romantic (24)late-night find (15)scenic view (3)Show More
- OutstandingTisalsDined on 9/17/2014Service was better than expected for such a bustling place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mflyerDined on 9/8/2014Great place to eat with servers that are very upbeat and friendly.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014In Greensboro for a conference and found the Village Tavern for lunch. Then discovered they had a great brunch on Sunday.Special Features:
- TDB0515Dined on 9/5/2014This was my first time eating at the Village Tavern. Very enjoyable and will certainly go again. Food was excellent and service was perfect.Special Features:
- LUV2DINEOUTLUV2DINEOUTDined on 9/5/2014From the moment you enter Village Tavern it is all about the great service. Greeting you with a smile and seating people where they wish if at all possible. Their waitstaff is incredible . . they are very familiar with the wine list and other beverages and have tried most of the items on the menu. . they are flexible with substitutions within reason and are always available to refill your water glass or get you a refill of a drink or soft beverage. . Our waiter Garret was excellent . . . We have to say that Village Tavern is our favorite restaurant and we will be headed back there soon. Thank you for another delicious and delightful dining experience.Special Features:
- Good as AlwaysMKEWDined on 8/30/2014The menu is much smaller, but still contains their best dishes. Service is quick. Food is excellent. One of our favorites.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014Another enjoyable dinner with friends. We are fortunate to have Village Tavern in our back yard, so to speak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service & foodsillygirlDined on 8/27/2014We had a great time celebrating my daughters birthday. Food great& server very attentive & on the ballSpecial Features:
- Good foodJaneDined on 8/27/2014I ordered my favorite, marinated flank steak, we sat outside on the patio. I wish the restaurant would get cushions for outside, those chairs are metal and not very comfortable. The last time I got the flank steak outside, it was fatty, as it was again this time. Since it was lunchtime, i didn't send those pieces back, just ate them anyway. The marinade was excellent, as was the black beans, I never get the French fries that come with it. This time, I ordered the cooked spinach, and it was very good.Special Features:
- Highly Recommend Village TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Outstanding service...wonderful atmosphere...great food! I look forward to going back, soon. Highly recommend it for those who enjoy fine dining at its best. Well suited for casual as well as formal attire.Special Features:
- OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere, the food was awesome, my my the waiter wasn't that great maybe next time he or she will do better..thanks..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing for 1st dateFanOfTheVTDined on 8/23/2014Village Tavern is great for any 1st date experience. We felt like we had our own privacy but in a public location. The staff was extremely friendly. And my boyfriend and I intend to take many more date nights at the Village Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat...swgreeneDined on 8/22/2014The food was wonderful and our server Jessica was fantastic; she made sure that everything was to our liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StevesreviewsStevesreviewsDined on 8/22/2014The Village Tavern continues to be a great choice year after year. Some things never change and you can be grateful for that when dining here. The old standbys on the menu, many of which have been there for years, and hard to ignore are consistently excellent from year to year."Special Features:
- I Love Dining At Village Tavernfoodie123VIPDined on 8/15/2014I have never been disappointed and was happy to see that they have Sunday brunch so made another reservation!Special Features:
- Village Tavernluv2eatDined on 8/9/2014They had our table ready when we arrived. We had great food and service. Our waiter was knowledgeable with the food and menu. There were 7 of us and everyone ordered something different and all of it was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in GreensboroGr8diningDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I always go to Village Tavern because it has always been our favorite place for special occasions or just for a night out for diner. The staff has always been friendly and catered to our needs. We also like to reserve online and receive what we requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/7/2014Another enjoyable lunch with friends. This is a great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatSteveFDined on 8/6/2014Took an out of town friend to dinner here and, as usual, the food and service were excellent. He was quite impressed that I had such a great restaurant that I could easily walk to. We both enjoyed the salmon this evening - consistently good.Special Features:
- The usual ...dogsinapileDined on 7/31/2014Been going to Village tavern in Greensboro for many years and it is always the same ... Great food but VERY poor service. The excuse this time "In the back putting together desserts" ... and we did not even order dessert ?!?
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014We were there this occasion for a family birthday. Our waitress was wonderful and so friendly. Had a wonderful time. Loved the fact that I was able to do reservation way in advance!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was an interesting stop.Foodie13Dined on 7/29/2014It was pretty slow as weekday nights go. We had appetizers and drinks which seemed to set the mood for an great up coming meal. We had never eaten here before. But the entrees took some time even after we were done with the appetizer. The steaks we ordered were just below great. They were good but just under the temp we ordered and they totally forgot the steak toppings we asked to add. After that the waitress was practically MIA. Maybe a half hour later we saw here and tried to get the check. Overall an average place. Maybe they have better nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunchdrcardshark68Dined on 7/27/2014The staff was accommodating and the ambience was warm and impressive. Our server, Kat, was attentive and pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerUncfanDined on 7/24/2014I am a foodie, but my brother is not. I chose Village Tavern because I knew it would have great choices for both of us. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding (Friendly, Attentive, Accurate).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, atmosphere, & service!!Joybell98Dined on 7/23/2014We had the filet cooked medium with double spinach as the side. My husband got the Bayou Shrimp over rice & asparagus as his side. For our appetizer, we enjoyed the crab dip....heavenly!!!! Everything was cooked & prepared to perfection. Great flavors cooked on the filet and it was so tender, I didn't need a knife. Melt in your mouth delicious. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yuck!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2014Our order was given to the waiter and specific dietary requests were made because of a health issue. The chef did not follow the specific instructions and the food came out over-salted and buttery. It was requested to be cooked with absolutely no salt and steamed. The communication between the waitstaff and the cook, was not good. Also, once complained about, the fish was not fixed and the bill was not adjusted. Not a good experience and will not return when in the Greensboro area again.Special Features:
- Love My Village Tavern!!LuvmyVTDined on 7/20/2014As a long time patron of the Village Tavern I truly can say that "Never" have I been disappointed...I have had Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Cocktails with appetizers. From the moment of arrival the experience was outstanding! I NEVER even consider other restaurants when I have guests in town, which once they have been there they always want to go back... Can't say enough but I am lucky to have this establishment as my "neighborhood gem"!!! CindySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday LunchGwaffieVIPDined on 7/18/2014Are outside on a beautiful day! Food and service were superb! Great birthday celebration for. 3 coworkers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Took my wife there for her birthday and everyone was wonderful. The food was amazing and so was the service. We will be returning there again for a Friday evening dinner.Special Features:
- Perfect evening.TheonlyellenDined on 7/12/2014As usual, we had a wonderful evening at the Village Tavern. Don't miss the blueberry martini and make sure to ask for Amy to serve you. She's awesome. Very professional and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish & ChipsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014The fish itself was great. The batter is described as beer batter. I was expecting a thicker, crunchier coating.Special Features:
- Always GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2014Another delightful dining experience ---- good food with good friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GayleGayleDined on 7/2/2014Always get good food and good food. I go at least twice a month for lunch or for dinner.Special Features:
- Amazingly Pleasant Surprise!BestGreensboroDiningDined on 6/28/2014This was our first visit...and we couldn't have been made happier in any possible way! In our OpenTable reservation we listed the following seating preference...large booth...away from busing stations and kitchen...at or near a window or along a wall!] We were seated at Booth #23...which was EXACTLY what we wanted! Each of our selections from the menu were delicious...sequence of delivery and food preparation perfect...& delivered with a smile and an inquiry from the server to assure that we didn't need anything further. You only have one opportunity to make a good first impression...and Village Tavern hit every mark in the center of the bullseye! The Tavern is now on our short list of regular places to dine...with or without a reason!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ku7383Dined on 6/22/2014My friends and family have been meeting at the village tavern for more than ten years and over that time I have always found the food to be great with a price for everyone to live with. The service has always been wonderful also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality seems to have droppedbusyguyinGreensboroVIPDined on 6/19/2014I usually shy away from giving a bad review when I have had a single bad experience, but had two bad dining experiences at recently. For many many years, I have had good experiences dining at Village Tavern and the service and food were good. First recent visit, the service was very poor and the food was mediocre. A week later, I took more family there thinking that any restaurant could have a bad night with a single waiter or with the chef staff. The second time, service was fine, but the food was poor. Remembering good shrimp/grits, my wife and I ordered it again. It was very poor, with the shrimp floating in an oil bath that gave me a rare case of heartburn. I was very disappointed on both trips and will be reluctant to try it again.
- Food and ServicehatetocookDined on 6/18/2014Several of my friends came down from Virginia and I met them at VT for dinner. We had a fantastic waiter and the crab cakes were to die for. We will certainly meet there again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GwaffieVIPDined on 6/16/2014Had great lunch with some old friends!! Good food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal that started off poorlyNCblueyesDined on 6/15/2014Greeter was rude! Fortunately we dine here frequently and after that had great service and the food was delicious. Our reservation was on Father's Day and it showed on the staff that they had a busy day. However, our server, Lauren, was delightful and attentive. My husband really enjoyed. Food is always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewPamcakes82VIPDined on 6/15/2014We ate at Village Tavern for lunch on Father's Day. We had a group of 7 and had reservations. We were seated near the hostess stand at a large round table. Our waiter was VERY nice came by frequently. The downside is that it took over an hour to get our food AFTER we got our appetizer. Our table ordered predominantly sandwiches and salads. The waiter was very kind and kept coming over apologizing. I am unsure if our order was lost, not put in or if the kitchen was just THAT slow. I have dined at Village Tavern before for a wedding rehearsal dinner for 50 people all ordered off the menu and they were exponentially faster than they were on father's day for lunch. Good food but the speed for what we ordered was very disappointing.Special Features: