Village Tavern - Charlotte
4201 Congress St. Suite 190
Charlotte, NC 28209Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: 7045529983x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday through Saturday 11:00a.m.-4:00p.m.
Sunday Brunch 10:00a.m.-3:00p.m. Lunch 3:00p.m.- 4:00p.m.
Dinner: Monday through Thursday 4:00p.m.-10:00p.m.
Friday & Saturday 4:00p.m.-11:00p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Denise Pugliese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- Private Party Facilities: Our patio can host a group anywhere from 1 to 300 people. Email email@example.com for more details.
We have a party tent during the month of December for Christmas parties that can hold 150 people.
- Private Party Contact: Libby Patton 7045529983x
- Entertainment: We offer contemporary live music on our patio Thursday evenings starting at 7:00p.m.
Alive After Five events starting April 15th.
- Special Events: Now booking for large parties on the patio, please call (704) 552-9983 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A word from Village Tavern - Charlotte
The Village Tavern, in the heart of SouthPark is the neighborhood gathering place for all occasions. We offer great food, attentive service and an unbelievable value. Come enjoy a great variety of menu offerings sure to please everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Village Tavern - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Village Tavern - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (36)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (23)great for lunch (19)special occasion (19)great for brunch (15)scenic view (15)fit for foodies (14)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (6)romantic (6)notable wine list (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- Dinner with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Our waiter was friendly and helpful. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and atmosphere!n8songDined on 10/18/2014This place is so popular that we're usually not successful at walking in or making a last-minute reservation. However, we planned ahead for once because we needed to use a gift card and were quite happy with the way the evening turned out. The "new to us" decor (probably a year old, at least) now makes the most of natural light during the day ... we loved the new spacious ambience compared to the former darker cozier atmosphere. Our server made excellent recommendations and was attentive. My filet was the best I've had in quite some time, and the addition of the balsamic onion glaze was delicious! My spouse had the crab-stuffed trout special, which was extraordinary. Will definitely try to add this back to our regular restaurant rotation.Special Features:
- business dinnerMarkSDined on 10/15/2014great place for a discussion with s small but nice wine list. very good energySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedMissPiggyDined on 10/13/2014We are never disappointed when we dine at Village Tavern. The food is prepared perfectly and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and Great PatiotpovinelliDined on 10/9/2014I was so happy having dinner with my family at Village Tavern! The food, patio and service was amazing! Wow - I forgot how good this place is. My kids has a great time and I felt confident that they were welcome!Special Features:
- 1greatdiningDined on 10/8/2014Another great evening at Hickory Tavern. Service is always superb and the ambiance right for customer entertainmentSpecial Features:
- Great place!rakunbarDined on 9/15/2014Great service. Great options for beer and wine. I had the caprese salad and my husband had the bacon wrapped scallops - both great! I had the filet with marsala wine sauce with mushrooms and prosciutto. My husband had the bayou shrimp. We shared the apple cobbler. Everything was delicious and we would go back again. The best touch was that the fork and spoon for the dessert was chilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bachelorette dinnertrue2eleganceDined on 9/9/2014Me and my friends came from greenville sc to charolette to have our bachelorette party we found this restraunt online and man was it a great choice this was a very elegant,sophisticated restraunt they were very polite and stayed on top of their job andthe food was great i will highly recommend village tavern to any one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Four girlfriends meeting for brunch after church...perfect setup...always consistently good food, good service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends night outpeanutVIPDined on 8/19/2014Professional, prompt, friendly service. Comfortable & pleasing ambience. Food wonderful. Definitely will be back again and again .Special Features:
- Chris1VIPDined on 8/9/2014Have been to this restaurant several times in the past few months , snd always enjoy very muchSpecial Features:
- Old Stand BySearcherVIPDined on 8/8/2014It has been a few months since we have been to the Tavern. Mainly because they don't seem to take reservations between 6 and 9pm. So a 6pm opened and we jumped on it. Our standard is the Mexican Chicken Salad. For years we thought that it was the best in Charlotte. This time, although they have completely remodeled the place, opened it up and put in new furniture, the salad was a little bland. The place looked great, seemed to be pointing to the younger, small plate crowd. Maybe that's what we'll try next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Birthday Celebration.......luv4crabDined on 8/2/2014That will not stand out among others. The experience was acceptable, if not extraordinary. We were hoping for the latter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality, consistent, varietyItsAllabouttheFOODVIPDined on 7/27/2014This is one of our "go to" restaurants, especially with visitors or groups because there is something on the menu for everyone. The atmosphere is casual and friendly and the food quality is excellent, consistently prepared and flavorful without over-relying on salt and/or garlic as some restaurants do. There are numerous healthy choices for dieters, including a wide variety of salads and their signature spaghetti squash entrée.Special Features:
- Good variety20thDined on 7/27/2014We wanted a restaurant that offers good variety for friends or family. Village Tavern has fulfilled that desire very well. We have eaten Sunday brunch there three different weeks and each set of guests were please.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodDispleased1VIPDined on 7/27/2014Village Tavern is a wonderful place to meet your friends, have great food (and a wide variety), and a cocktail! The outdoor area is fun and open, and the indoor area has been completely refurbished! Try the pimento cheese dip or their homemade potato chips!Special Features:
- NCdinerDined on 7/25/2014We were seated right on time for our reservatioin. our server was excellent, attentive but not intrusive. she was knowledgeable about the entrees and made excellent recommendations. the weather was pleasant so we chose to dine outside. The patio area is relaxing, above street level and near the fountain which added to the ambience. our food was delicious. We will definitely return to Village Tavern-Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still love this place, however....DonnaLVIPDined on 7/22/2014Second visit in a week. Extremely salty spinach. I couldn't eat a second bite. Just like the French green beans the week before!!! Hold off on the salt!!!! Waitress was very unenthusiastic. Second birthday celebration in a week, and was disappointed both times. We've been patrons for many years, but the food seems to be lacking, unless you order the cheeseburger. :/ I will be back because it's still a fave. Just will stay away from the "healthy" items, I suppose!
- Confusing ServicebobkVIPDined on 7/19/2014Service at Village Tavern has taken a turn for the worse in recent months. While the restaurant seems fully staffed, it's as if the employees have been assigned one specific task and won't deviate from that assignment. In my last two visits I asked at least four different people for refills of water and no one was able to help. The first time it happened our server, "Coolio" went home after taking our order and no one else took over for him. The last time our server, who was very nice, just couldn't seem to get things done. One guest at our table of five had to wait for a missing appetizer, another had to wait for a missing entree and a third had to wait for his desert. Oh, and the bill was wrong, twice.
- Solid Good FoodBurtLightDined on 7/19/2014Large selection of well-prepared, good-quality comfort food. From prime rib and steaks to salads and seafood, Village Tavern covers it all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kale Quinoa Salad & SnapperManatee4meVIPDined on 7/18/2014I had the kale quinoa salad with mango and a light vinaigrette dressing - delicious! - and the snapper with angel hair pasta. As it was Restaurant Week, I also had apple cobbler with ice cream, all for $30. Everything was very good, although I would rather have had a vegetable of some sort with the snapper instead of so much pasta, but that's probably just me. There are many interesting items on the menu that I want to try. I will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salt, Salt and More Salt!DonnaLVIPDined on 7/14/2014Have loved Village Tavern for years. However, this visit was truly disappointing. We were out for our mother's 83rd birthday celebration. Came in with a balloon, so it was obvious it was her birthday. Our waiter was less than enthusiastic about anything and everything, including our mother's birthday. First time we've had sub-standard service. Salmon lunch entrée was just average as well. While the salmon was cooked just right, it was a bit salty. Actually, quite salty. And I had to totally forget about the side of green beans I was craving! Somebody in the kitchen must have been throwing salt over their shoulder for good luck or something. :( First time I've been disappointed with food and service at Village Tavern.
- Not ideal for the hearing impared.20thDined on 7/13/2014We enjoyed the meal, and the service was excellent. However the tables were a little tight, and sometimes we could hear those at other tables better than all of us could hear our friends. It was a little warm, but the day outside was hot and we were just as happy that the air-conditioning was not set too cold, the way some restaurants are.Special Features:
- Total disappointmentRapscallionDined on 7/10/2014.Waited 20 min. Before cocktails served . Dinner order was not correct. Atmosphere was suitable for an auto repair shop at best.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014The service wa outstanding, servers very friendly and accomodating. Had a very relaxed atmosphere. Had a great lunch exprience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 442 reviews are from the Village Tavern - Charlotte reviews archive.
- Great Value For The MoneyVillageTavernFansDined on 7/1/2014Was accompanied by our in laws who had a bad experience at Village Tavern during their last visit. Well, we convinced them it must have been a fluke. They accompanied us and we all agreed we had great meals, good service and a good time. We will continue to go back - Village Tavern is one of our favorites. Good menu and value for the $$$$.Special Features:
- Good foodChris1VIPDined on 6/26/2014I had fish and chips, the cod was excellent, french fries hot, too many. Cole flaw nice and crunchy. My husband had the meatloaf which he thought was VG. Al in all it was a nice meal, we had not been there on a long time and forgot how good the food is. Had also been renovated nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2014Love the renovations! I've always loved the patio but the new look inside will encourage me to come in the months when the patio is closed.Special Features:
- BrunchAimeeDined on 6/15/2014Nice selection of foods for brunch. We enjoyed the omelettes!Special Features:
- Hidden GemChickeetazDined on 6/8/2014We were on our way to South Park Mall and we were early. Popped open Yelp and found this restaurant. Booked on Open Table and were not disappointed. The brunch menu checked all the boxes and the fruit was fresh. The restaurant was about 60% full and the food still arrived in a timely manner. Enjoyed myself immensely. A must if you are in the area!Special Features:
- Good food, but some pricing quirksBurtLightDined on 5/31/2014Nice outdoor dining area, but they allow smoking there. So, if you are a non-smoker, you could be down-wind from smoke. We have to stay indoors for this reason. Pricing quirks: Steaks come with 2 sides. Sides a-la-carte cost $4 to $4.50. A-la-carte salads cost $6.25. But if you substitue a salad for one side, they charge $5.50. The math does not work; the up-charge should be only $2. When I feel like I am being ripped-ff, the entire experience suffers. I have been dining at VT for 7 years. They used to GIVE you a salad as a side with a steak. Then the upcharges began. Now the upcharge is so offensive, I may just avoid the place. And, prices keep creeping up. VT used to be a real value. Now, it is a bit high for its genre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2014I love the new renovations. Everything looks great. The food is consistently good. However, the last two times we have been there the French fries we ordered as a side were raw. Squishy, soggy masses of potatio. While they look great in the little dish and they seasoned nicely with sea salt, that can't cover up the fact that they aren't cooked. we will know from now on to specify that the fries be cooked before brought to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Constant in a Variable Worldluv4crabDined on 5/9/2014Still a favorite after all these years! Always delicious, best patio in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was awesome!Chris84Dined on 5/8/2014I took my boyfriend there for his birthday. We were impressed with the menu selections. We ordered two entrees from the speciality section (St Louis Ribs & Bayou Shrimp)...amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Done it Again!Winendine8VIPDined on 5/5/2014Love it! One of my Favs! Josh waited on us, he's sweet, nice, attentive! Just right on it! Hostesses/hosts are nice, bartenders are friendly, even managers are helpful! Great food!Special Features:
- Always a good experiencetfossumVIPDined on 4/29/2014Always have a great experience at this restaurant. The constructive feedback I could give is for some reason food was more salty than normal and they were out of several of the by the glass special red wines. Not earth shattering but unusual for this restaurant.Special Features:
- Just Wonderful!Winendine8VIPDined on 4/20/2014We had brunch Eastee Sunday w/15family members, and they accommodated us, were super friendly, food was great, and we had a terrific time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good bet.JanieDined on 4/18/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in Charlotte's South Park area. It's a safe "go to place" when meeting friends who like to spend - more than you or less than you - because the menu offers diversity on both price and dining options. We especially enjoy their salads - fresh, large, and delicious. The service is excellent with well trained, experienced servers. They go the extra step to ensure you're OK, and follow up unobtrusively. The recent renovations this winter opened up the walls, affording lovely views. The new outdoor dining veranda w/ it's fire pits looks super inviting - we can't wait for the weather to warm up so we can stop by with friends to dine al fresco!Special Features:
- A good findOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2014We had planned to eat at Cheesecake Factory, but facing a 1 hour wait and with young kids, we needed to quickly find an alternative option. We'd never been to the Village Tavern before but they were able to accommodate us, provided an excellent meal with good drink selection to accompany. The service could have been a little faster, as we were sat inside on an evening that the patio was very busy but the overall ambience and experience was very good. I'm sure we will return in the future.Special Features:
- fun with friendswithfriends4dinnerDined on 3/21/2014This is a great spot to gather with friends. The service was great --- attentive and helpful A variety of meal options so there is something for everyone!Special Features: