Village Tavern Boynton Beach
1880 North Congress Ave Suite 170
Boynton Beach, FL 33426Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern Boynton Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: 561-853-0280x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch : Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Clum
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Village Tavern Boynton Beach
The Village Tavern offers an upscale dining experience, providing great food and beverage at a great value with excellent service to all of our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Village Tavern Boynton Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (104)fit for foodies (49)good for groups (42)great for lunch (41)special occasion (22)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (20)vibrant bar scene (20)great for outdoor dining (17)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (9)romantic (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- miloVIPDined on 10/21/2014Enjoyed the evening as always. But I thougt the Prime Rib was way to fatty.Special Features:
- Super Birthday DinnerSundancebirdDined on 10/17/2014I highly recommend the Village Tavern for top notch food, ambiance and service. Our waiter Sam was extraordinary and the manager came to chat with our satisfactions. I rated our evening to celebrate my birthday a 10 even though the food could be hotter upon arrival. My prime rib was the best I have had in a restaurant over 20 years (other than my own at Christmas). Hot, cooked medium rare tender lots of aujus. It was only the potato and asparagus not steaming but I will correct that next dinner there which is located so close to our home. I am already spreading the good word to family and friends in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!RobAlDined on 10/16/2014As usual, everything is wonderful. But why was carrot cake discontinued?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealgranfranDined on 10/9/2014The Village Tavern is our go to place when my husband and I want a nice dinner at a reasonable price. We also like to eat here with friends because we never have to shout to each other to be heard.Special Features:
- Better than evercindiVIPDined on 10/9/2014This was our first visit after about a year. Great menu with something for everyone. Food was good, generous portions, Lots of GF options including pasta and pizza. Steven was a great server...very efficient and personable
- service fair been to bettersmagsDined on 10/5/2014took my mother to brunch place came highly recommended two mistakes one drink other food they tried to rectify thing but place turned me off didn't want new plate asked for check and left i will never go there again
- Good findRonsterwoo33reviewDined on 10/4/2014Food good, wait staff efficient, noise level ok. Always enjoy eating here. Prices fairSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivamomDivamomVIPDined on 9/29/2014From the time you enter there are smiles on the hostesses faces, the person taking you to your table and the server who introduces him or her self. If ever a problem it is immediately rectified. So it is our "go to" restaurant. Enough choices to please anyone we are with, From a seafood entree to a burger to a dinner salad and some really nice appetizers. So we keep going back. We find the service, food and atmosphere consistent.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemluvtoeatDined on 9/28/2014When we can't decide where to go or are sure what type of food our guests eat this restaurant is perfect. Two members of our party had fish and two had meat and they were both perfect. The meals come with crisp vegetables and some type of potato or rice which were nicely flavored. The server was very pleasant and made some good suggestions. We did not have to ask for anything. The servers anticipated our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDined on 9/28/2014A favorite restaurant. And they always honor reservations, even on a Saturday P.M. during season. Never had a bad meal or bad service.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantdinnerwithfriendsDined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed our evening, the food was outstanding and the service was excellent. The menu has a lot of variety, full entrees to sandwiches & pizza. We had the apple cobbler for dessert & loved it! I would recommend making a reservation as it seems to be a very busy/popular place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2014Great experience. Menu,food,drinks,service all terrific. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValueH8tobl8Dined on 9/21/2014Nice place for good value. Reasonable price. Good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014Our friend ordered the scallops and they were sent back as they had a bitter taste. Got the crab cakes and they were delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiterHighownaterDined on 9/20/2014I wish I took note of the waiter's name. I think He was the best I have had in My 18 months in Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentLove2eatDined on 9/19/2014Never had a bad meal. Many many choices all great. Service wonderful. Our waiter Tate was the best. Very attentive and nice. Didn't Rush us at all. Our reservation was honored with maybe a 5 minute waiting time.Special Features:
- Always SomethingFood4thoughtVIPDined on 9/16/2014This is a go to place where you get a bit of everything just about.Special Features:
- TopCatVIPDined on 9/14/2014A much better than average Gluten-free menu is a major benefit for some.Special Features:
- Jay57Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent food . Consistent good service and food Pricing very goodSpecial Features:
- ReliableANL17VIPDined on 9/12/2014Menu provides good assortment of food choices. All dishes presented nicely. A very reliable restaurant attracting people from Boca to Lake worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivamomDivamomVIPDined on 9/10/2014Always very good. We go back again and again. Consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodjoanie1Dined on 9/7/2014The food and service are consistently good which is hard to find. We love the prime ribs, the Hemingway Tilapia & the Rainbow Trout in particular.Special Features:
- A super placesjw2459VIPDined on 9/7/2014As usual The Village Tavern is a great place to dine. We were seated within 5 minutes of our reservation. Tate was our waiter & was on top of everthing, from drinks to service. The trout was absolutely delicious and was served without bones. Our friends had the crab cakes and loved them.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!FcwaldmanDined on 9/6/2014Great Filet Mignon dinner! Steak was cooked to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, overall!satisfiedcustomerDined on 9/6/2014Excellent dining experience. Our reservation was honored. The menu is extensive and every dish we ordered was delicious, especially the Village Tavern salad and bacon wrapped scallops. Service was good. Only criticism was the noise level. It was a little hard to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Always enjoy hereFood4thoughtVIPDined on 9/4/2014As always we enjoyed our meal. I had the spaghetti squash and my husband had pork hops. Both were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/1/2014The prices have increased and the quality of the good decreased
- Too big, and just okayBrightonBoyDined on 8/29/2014This is essentially a diner, but it was serviceable, except for the harried waitstaff. On a weekend night it is a mob scene. Thankfully, they honor reservations and we were seated promptly.Special Features:
- You should go hereGoodtwinRobertaDined on 8/29/2014My husband & I have been here many times. Nothing changes. The food and service are always outstanding. Our waiter was very knowledgable about the specials and took his time explaining all the choices we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable Place for a Very Good MealRetiredInBoyntonBeachVIPDined on 8/28/2014We come here fairly often, usually after shopping at a nearby (but sometimes with guests, or for some other reason), and we come because we have always found that the restaurant is reliably very good. The menu offerings are broadly varied -- always something for anybody's taste & pocketbook -- and each dish is always perfectly prepared. This visit was no different. The waitress was friendly, cheerful and competent, ensuring that what we ordered was exactly what we got the first time around, ensuring that our water glasses were always refilled without our having to ask, and bringing us the tab at just the right moment (with no errors). Quality and reliability -- that's why we keep coming back.Special Features:
- Another good nightFood4thoughtVIPDined on 8/26/2014We always find something good to eat at this nice Boynton staple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our second time at a Village Tavern after a two year time span. Next time around, if there is one, I would order a hamburger.
- A bit of everythingFood4thoughtVIPDined on 8/22/2014There is something for everyone at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Return VisitButchDined on 8/15/2014i have frequented the Village Tavern since it opened many times. The food has been consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always very goodluv2dineVIPDined on 8/10/2014it is always very good. Food, service always very good.Special Features:
- Not worth it at any pricecbcfDined on 8/9/2014Delay in seating (20 minutes) with a reservation, !5 minutes to get order taken, 45 minutes to get order served Some of meal sent back, Hamburger was a hocky puck Was not told that sweet potato fries were coated with sugar (diabetic) Was told " its Saturday night and its busy, so service is poor" No apology offered
- There is a Tavern in the townSmargo3Dined on 8/9/2014Interesting location in Boynton Beach. Took some friends for dinner and they wanted to go here. The food was good. Very noisy and extremely crowded. The server, Andrew, was very pleasant. Prices in line with comparable locales. Would recommend and will probably return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivamomDivamomVIPDined on 8/7/2014Food, very good. This time our server was Jennifer. She was either new to serving or in a bad mood. She never cracked a smile. Asked how everything was and when there was a problem she hesitated and took it back but never said anything about being sorry and it would be corrected..she just didnt have a nice disposition as everyother server We ever had. I thought all were trained the same. She missed the class. Needs to be taught how yo beVERY nice to thepateons of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again, enjoyed itCarrinVIPDined on 8/6/2014I have been here numerous times. The amazing thing about this restaurant is that they honor your reservation. I told the young woman at the desk that they should teacher other restaurants their secret. A pleasure. Food always consistently good, waitstaff nice and accommodating, and the noise level, even tho a bit noisy, you can still have a conversation.Special Features:
- Excellent mealEliotVIPDined on 8/4/2014Ate at Village Tavern for the first time, and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The service was outstanding, and the food was very good. Had the bacon-wrapped scallop appetizer, which was truly outstanding. We'll be back.Special Features: