Village Tavern Boynton Beach
1880 North Congress Ave Suite 170
Boynton Beach, FL 33426Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern Boynton Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: (561) 853-0280
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch : Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Clum
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Village Tavern Boynton Beach
The Village Tavern offers an upscale dining experience, providing great food and beverage at a great value with excellent service to all of our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Village Tavern Boynton Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (113)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (49)great for lunch (39)great for outdoor dining (21)vibrant bar scene (19)special occasion (19)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (11)hot spot (8)romantic (6)Show More
- Worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2014Reservations were honored on time. Restaurant provides a varied menu, very good service and food at reasonable price levels. Our party enjoyed the meatloaf, pork chop special of the day, grilled chicken sandwich and salmon plate, although the salmon was a a bit overdone. Noise level allows for conversation at a reasonable level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village tavernexhenryDined on 11/20/2014I have eaten at village tavern many times. This is the first time tat the service was poor. I was practically ignored. But I will go back again and will assume it was the server I had.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village TavernSam4Dined on 11/14/2014The trout was very tasty and the restaurant was very accommodating in substituting the paired side dishes with other ones available. Others in our party had fish and all were presented well and tasted fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mgreenDined on 11/12/2014Make a reservation. Parking is a challenge. Prime rib was very good. Mac & cheese and au gratin potatoe sides were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So, sofranDined on 11/10/2014If you are not fussy--it is okay--but nothing to write home about
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/10/2014A good local restaurant with basic american food -- fish dishes are very good -- excellent wine list -- good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual and FunshellybocaVIPDined on 11/10/2014This restaurant is halfway between our son and us and we decided to meet there. Our reserved table was ready in 5 minutes. Service was excellent. The menu is huge--just about everything is offered. Drinks and wine are nice size. We split a wedge salad (reduced price with entree) which was very large. The 3 of us had the tilapia special, shrimp and grits, and fish and chips. Everything came out hot (one of our pet peeves is lukewarm entrees) and all was tasty. The chips (fries) were some of the best. We will meet there again!Special Features:
- saladeaterDined on 11/8/2014The food was very good, the service great and the reservation was honored. All in all a very good experience. Came back again the same week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 11/8/2014Excellant varied menu..something for everyone and fairly pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BurgersSaulsaul22Dined on 11/7/2014If you want a great burger, ample size, tasty and cooked to your taste, try the Village Tavern. In addition, if burgers are not your thing, there is a varied menu to fit most every palate.Special Features:
- Highly activedwk58Dined on 11/1/2014The place was packed with people, and even though I had a reservation, it was about 15 minutes later when we were seated. Exte sive menu, and portions were very large. Our appetizer, which we shared, would have been a meal for one person. The noise level was very high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedRobertDined on 11/1/2014Except for one less than satisfactory experience which the manager corrected promptly, we have always been more than satisfied with the food and service.Special Features:
- ConsistentLeftoversVIPDined on 10/31/2014Always good food and service.We have been eating at this restaurant over 10 yearsSpecial Features:
- As Always -- Yummy and Reliable!RetiredInBoyntonBeachVIPDined on 10/30/2014We eat here fairly often -- it's is our "reliable" local dining place when we want to eat out "nicely" without going far from home or spending a small fortune. This time we had burgers, for the first time ever at Village Tavern (we usually get "healthier" stuff), & mine was about as yummy-perfect as a burger could be. The service, as usual, was great also. My husband was not as happy with his burger as I was, because it wasn't quite as rare as he would have liked - BUT he only asked for "rare" (whereas I asked for it "as rare as the cook can make it") -- so his wasn't as rare as mine, but I think it was his own fault because he heard my order & ordered it his way anyhow.Special Features:
- SaltyVIPDined on 10/27/2014I've been several times however my last visit was extremely disappointing. The food was not good and service awful. I will not return.
- Village TavernDrJackVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great food but spotty service. We had to wait over 20 minutes before a server arrived. Maybe outdoor customers get treatred as second class citizensSpecial Features:
- The trout we had was excellentButchVIPDined on 10/25/2014Service was very good and reservation was honored even though the restaurant was crowded.Special Features:
- Great food and service.ritzdonVIPDined on 10/24/2014All the filet mignons were great as were the NY strip and pork chops. The sides (mac and cheese and the home made potato chips) were excellent. The service as always was very good and speedy. The wine selected was both reasonable and quite good. We will enjoy another night at this restaurant next week with another group of friends. Always reliable.Special Features:
- usually. goodcindiVIPDined on 10/23/2014Usually good. Good greek salad decent house wine..forget the gluten free pizza...a poor excuse from the crust to the toppings. Not even a good attemptI would recommend this to a friend.
- THIS TIME NOT SO GOODmfgg55Dined on 10/23/2014We found the restaurant to be poor this trip. Ordered the Trout platter, the string beans were barely cooked (very hard- not al dente and not seasoned ) Sauteed spinach had too much garlic, and the trout (filet) had several bones. Overall VERY disappointed this time. The manager offered a replacement of the vegetables but with an added charge-NOT AT ALL ACCEPTABLE. -SORRY!!!!
- miloVIPDined on 10/21/2014Enjoyed the evening as always. But I thougt the Prime Rib was way to fatty.Special Features:
- Super Birthday DinnerSundancebirdDined on 10/17/2014I highly recommend the Village Tavern for top notch food, ambiance and service. Our waiter Sam was extraordinary and the manager came to chat with our satisfactions. I rated our evening to celebrate my birthday a 10 even though the food could be hotter upon arrival. My prime rib was the best I have had in a restaurant over 20 years (other than my own at Christmas). Hot, cooked medium rare tender lots of aujus. It was only the potato and asparagus not steaming but I will correct that next dinner there which is located so close to our home. I am already spreading the good word to family and friends in my neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointed!RobAlDined on 10/16/2014As usual, everything is wonderful. But why was carrot cake discontinued?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealgranfranDined on 10/9/2014The Village Tavern is our go to place when my husband and I want a nice dinner at a reasonable price. We also like to eat here with friends because we never have to shout to each other to be heard.Special Features:
- Better than evercindiVIPDined on 10/9/2014This was our first visit after about a year. Great menu with something for everyone. Food was good, generous portions, Lots of GF options including pasta and pizza. Steven was a great server...very efficient and personable
- service fair been to bettersmagsDined on 10/5/2014took my mother to brunch place came highly recommended two mistakes one drink other food they tried to rectify thing but place turned me off didn't want new plate asked for check and left i will never go there again
- Good findRonsterwoo33reviewDined on 10/4/2014Food good, wait staff efficient, noise level ok. Always enjoy eating here. Prices fairSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivamomDivamomVIPDined on 9/29/2014From the time you enter there are smiles on the hostesses faces, the person taking you to your table and the server who introduces him or her self. If ever a problem it is immediately rectified. So it is our "go to" restaurant. Enough choices to please anyone we are with, From a seafood entree to a burger to a dinner salad and some really nice appetizers. So we keep going back. We find the service, food and atmosphere consistent.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemluvtoeatDined on 9/28/2014When we can't decide where to go or are sure what type of food our guests eat this restaurant is perfect. Two members of our party had fish and two had meat and they were both perfect. The meals come with crisp vegetables and some type of potato or rice which were nicely flavored. The server was very pleasant and made some good suggestions. We did not have to ask for anything. The servers anticipated our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDined on 9/28/2014A favorite restaurant. And they always honor reservations, even on a Saturday P.M. during season. Never had a bad meal or bad service.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantdinnerwithfriendsDined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed our evening, the food was outstanding and the service was excellent. The menu has a lot of variety, full entrees to sandwiches & pizza. We had the apple cobbler for dessert & loved it! I would recommend making a reservation as it seems to be a very busy/popular place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/22/2014Great experience. Menu,food,drinks,service all terrific. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValueH8tobl8Dined on 9/21/2014Nice place for good value. Reasonable price. Good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014Our friend ordered the scallops and they were sent back as they had a bitter taste. Got the crab cakes and they were delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- waiterHighownaterDined on 9/20/2014I wish I took note of the waiter's name. I think He was the best I have had in My 18 months in Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentLove2eatDined on 9/19/2014Never had a bad meal. Many many choices all great. Service wonderful. Our waiter Tate was the best. Very attentive and nice. Didn't Rush us at all. Our reservation was honored with maybe a 5 minute waiting time.Special Features:
- Always SomethingFood4thoughtVIPDined on 9/16/2014This is a go to place where you get a bit of everything just about.Special Features:
- TopCatVIPDined on 9/14/2014A much better than average Gluten-free menu is a major benefit for some.Special Features:
- Jay57Dined on 9/12/2014Excellent food . Consistent good service and food Pricing very goodSpecial Features:
- ReliableANL17VIPDined on 9/12/2014Menu provides good assortment of food choices. All dishes presented nicely. A very reliable restaurant attracting people from Boca to Lake worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.