Village Tavern Boynton Beach
1880 North Congress Ave Suite 170
Boynton Beach, FL 33426Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern Boynton Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: 561-853-0280x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch : Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Clum
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Village Tavern Boynton Beach
The Village Tavern offers an upscale dining experience, providing great food and beverage at a great value with excellent service to all of our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Village Tavern Boynton Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (104)great for lunch (48)good for groups (39)fit for foodies (38)great for outdoor dining (29)great for brunch (26)vibrant bar scene (24)special occasion (18)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (13)romantic (11)late-night find (10)hot spot (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Just OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our second time at a Village Tavern after a two year time span. Next time around, if there is one, I would order a hamburger.
- A bit of everythingFood4thoughtVIPDined on 8/22/2014There is something for everyone at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Return VisitButchDined on 8/15/2014i have frequented the Village Tavern since it opened many times. The food has been consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always very goodluv2dineVIPDined on 8/10/2014it is always very good. Food, service always very good.Special Features:
- Not worth it at any pricecbcfDined on 8/9/2014Delay in seating (20 minutes) with a reservation, !5 minutes to get order taken, 45 minutes to get order served Some of meal sent back, Hamburger was a hocky puck Was not told that sweet potato fries were coated with sugar (diabetic) Was told " its Saturday night and its busy, so service is poor" No apology offered
- There is a Tavern in the townSmargo3Dined on 8/9/2014Interesting location in Boynton Beach. Took some friends for dinner and they wanted to go here. The food was good. Very noisy and extremely crowded. The server, Andrew, was very pleasant. Prices in line with comparable locales. Would recommend and will probably return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DivamomDivamomVIPDined on 8/7/2014Food, very good. This time our server was Jennifer. She was either new to serving or in a bad mood. She never cracked a smile. Asked how everything was and when there was a problem she hesitated and took it back but never said anything about being sorry and it would be corrected..she just didnt have a nice disposition as everyother server We ever had. I thought all were trained the same. She missed the class. Needs to be taught how yo beVERY nice to thepateons of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealEliotVIPDined on 8/4/2014Ate at Village Tavern for the first time, and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. The service was outstanding, and the food was very good. Had the bacon-wrapped scallop appetizer, which was truly outstanding. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Consistently goodFiveStarQuestDined on 8/4/2014Send message Follow Elaine C. 5.0 star rating 8/5/2014 Have never had a bad meal here. Out with "the girls" the other night, a friend mentioned that her salad was just so-so. In the blink of an eye, it was removed from her check--certainly not the reason she mentioned it. Everything else she and the remaining three of us had was excellent. Something for everyone--vegetarian to carnivores. Friendly and efficient staff, comfortable surroundings. I give it five stars in terms of overall satisfaction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Always the food is really good here. Had a very attentive waiter named John.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make it a weekly visitChardonnayLady1Dined on 8/2/2014Consistently good. Always honor reservations. Never disappointed. Happy hour wine price is great!!!! It's per glass. Smart! You don't have to buy one get one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable with great foodPhilDined on 8/1/2014I always love going to this restaurant with consistently excellent food and service. Their specialty spaghetti squash is unique to this place. It is the best dish ever! Ive been here for brunch and lunch, also terrific! The happy hour with half price drinks can't be beat anywhere! Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weeknight dinner was very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014We had a reservation and were seated right away. Food was good as was the service. We have been at the restaurant serveral times and found that it was not as energectic as other times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Pleasant Visitluv2dineDined on 7/27/2014As usual, making reservations with Open Table is a pleasure. When we arrived our table was ready exactly as promised. Our waiter, Sean, was Johnny-on-the-spot and brought our drinks promptly and exactly as ordered. He was knowledgeable about the wine list. When he returned to take our orders we asked for suggestions and he was very helpful in making selections. Our food was brought promptly, piping hot and large enough to satisfy anyone. This is not our first visit and we will continue to be regulars with the help of Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JanJanow1Dined on 7/26/2014This is our "go to" place when we have no idea what we are in the mood for.....pizza, a complete dinner, sandwich or salad.Special Features:
- GrandmaDined on 7/19/2014The food is always excellent, we always order the prime rib, its the best in the area. WE go there at least 2-3 times per month. The lighting is poor. Ambience could be a lot better, but the food is always excellent.Special Features:
- OLD TIME FAVORITEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014SAME AS ALWAYS,A NEIGHBORHOOD GEM,MADE A RESERVATION,HONORED WITHOUT WAITINGSpecial Features:
- Best in Boynton BeachOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014This was the first time I have tried The Village Tavern. I was very pleasantly surprised by the excellent food. The menu is extensive and should cover most tastes. The staff were very friendly and attentive I will beb ackSpecial Features:
- Village tavernChopperDined on 7/12/2014Very enjoyable.. Waited 10 min, which was fine overall okSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood RestaurantMarvrVIPDined on 7/12/2014Above average restaurant for dining out with other couples in a pleasant, not too noisy environment.
- Great FoodLuv2EatDined on 7/12/2014What a great place! We thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the service was great! We had the Top Sirloin, Short ribs and Shrimp Scampi and all the meals were delicious! I highly recommend this place and we will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014We have always had a great experience dining at the Village Tavern. The food is excellent and the waitstaff is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HamburgersEllieVIPDined on 7/8/2014Don't know what prompted me to order a hamburger but they know how to make them! Others with me also enjoyed their meals. This is not gourmet dining but the food is quite good and the noise level is minimal if you dine early.Special Features:
- Been there, will be backAnchormanDined on 7/6/2014We returned to Village Tavern because our previous visit had been quite good. This time, I ordered something I probably shouldn't have, and that's the reason for the "good" rather than higher ratings. The first time was burgers - and they were worth returning for. This time, there were a couple of ahi tuna appetizer items that caught my eye, but the server recommended the ahi tuna salad. Wrong call. It was good, but I wouldn't order it again. But, we will return to Village Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014We both ordered their Filet, One was big and chunky and the other flat and over cooked They did take it back but that spoils the beat of the evening.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/2/2014Have been to restaurant a number of times. Food and service are always good. Lively atmosphere. Great casual place.Special Features:
- A good go to restaurantCarrinVIPDined on 6/28/2014Want consistently good food, friendly service, then this is a good go to spot.Special Features:
- A Good Find in Boynton BeachGFSFDinersVIPDined on 6/27/2014Village Tavern is a large and attractive restaurant in the heart of Boynton Beach, primarily with booths rather than free-standing tables. The menu is expansive, and a separate gluten-free menu is available, too. Service at a recent Friday night dinner was attentive, and the food was very good; in particular, the grilled meatloaf entrée was an interesting take on an American classic. The only minor complaint involved red wine that was served a little too cold for one diner's taste (the waitress claimed that they keep all their red wines at 50 degrees, not room temperature).Special Features:
- divamomDivamomVIPDined on 6/27/2014always good. No surprises! Consistent and they honor reservations.Special Features:
- GreatBaubieVIPDined on 6/21/2014One of my favorite places.. Always a great place -- they never fail me..Special Features:
- Nice placeCarolVIPDined on 6/21/2014They have great music on Saturdays. However, it stops very early and they are losing business! We went to another restaurant across the way and listened to other music.Special Features:
- YUMMIEmswittyDined on 6/21/2014Service was quick and friendly. We had a Hemmingway Tilapia in a wine sauce with cappers and tomatoes on a bed of angel hair. It was outstanding. Would definitely recommend the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Varied menu. Moderate prices. Friendly staff.Honors reservations .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Tavern hits all the buttonsFred1984Dined on 6/18/2014Our waiter was great and made excellent suggestions! The French Onion Soup is excellent and the pimento cheese fondue was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodloverVIPDined on 6/15/2014We went with mother in law and her boyfriend for fathers day and a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- 3 couplesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We were a group of 3 couples -- everyone enjoyed their dinner and the waiter was very attentive - kept us up to date on our food order, happy hour, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PLEASENTLY SURPRISEDBRUCEDined on 6/11/2014FIRST TIME VISITOR... WOULD GO BACK AGAIN! NOTHING FANCY BUT GOOD FOOD, GOOD PRICES AND NICE SIZE POERTIONS. LOTS OF PARKING AND NEARBY INDOOR PARKING GARAGESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very experienced waitressLuv2dineDined on 6/10/2014I have dine at vt several times, always good service. Wait time is nill, I reserve everywhere I go if possible. The decor is updated and simple. The food is prepared well and,food temp is on point. The agave drink is my fav; thanks to my waitress. In the end my waitress makes the experience so much more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wolfyDined on 6/8/2014Specifically asked if mussels were plump or small and was misinformed by our waitress-they were not good at all. Have been here many times before and satisfied but this night was a miss.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/6/2014The short ribs are killer and the onion soup is amazing.Special Features: