Village Tavern Birmingham
101 Summit Blvd.
Birmingham, AL 35243Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern Birmingham
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: 2059701640x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Mary Grace Viado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Live music every Wednesday night 6:30pm.-9:30pm. Friday 10:30pm.-2:00am. Saturday 10:30pm.-2:00am.
A word from Village Tavern Birmingham
Village Tavern is a full service, upscale, casual dining experience. Our extensive menu offers freshly made entrees, such as steaks, seafood, delicious sandwiched and a variety of specialties from the grill, wood fired pizzas and wonderful salads. We have over 90 wines on our extensive wine list have been awarded the Wine Spectators "Award of Excellence."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Village Tavern Birmingham - Best Restaurants in Birmingham ›
Village Tavern Birmingham reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (29)special occasion (28)romantic (18)great for lunch (16)fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (11)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Gluten-free Menu!Troubbll2Dined on 9/12/2014Moderately priced. Food is pretty good. Service is outstanding. They had a gluten-free menu, and seemed genuinely happy to accommodate any food food allergy.
- TiredShopperDined on 8/31/2014The appetizers were fine- calamari, crab dip and bruschetta. The entrees were mediocre- a tasteless hamburger, "flatbread" pizza that was regular hand tossed pizza, the ahi tuna salad was seared correctly. Our waitress wasn't old enough to bring us our cocktails and apparently no one cared enough to help her. Our pre dinner drinks took 15 minutes to get and wine with dinner came with the check. We sent it back. I would avoid the Village Tavern and go to another area restaurant. There are plenty- Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs, Johnny Rockets to name a few.
- nightawesDined on 8/16/2014Awesome! First time eating there and my husband enjoyed it. Will definitely come back to eat.might bring the kids next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!WhoIsJohnGaltDined on 8/16/2014As usual, Village Tavern provided high-quality food and top-notch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stormchaserDined on 8/11/2014Great steak ! Good variety. Service and quality was well above expectations. Valet parking was a surprise. If you want to impress someone, you will not go wrong here. Wife already wanting to go back and we just left 2 days ago. Guess I have a new standard in dining to meet !Special Features:
- Great date nightCrawleyDined on 8/8/2014Wife and I finally had a might out without the kids. Village Tavern was a great choice for a night out on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappointed.NancDined on 8/6/2014We're ever disappointed when we go to Village Tavern. It is consistently good food, good service, and good ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusinessNukeDined on 8/6/2014Had dinner here with business associates and the service and food were very good. Server (Jeremiah) knew to "walk on by" when we were in heavy discussion but then was there exactly when we needed him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014Was visiting town, needed a place for a 6 member business dinner, Village Tavern was a very nice selection, great service and nice variety on the menu.Special Features:
- It was okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014There wasn't anything special about it. I am a broccoli lover and it appeared that my broccoli was overcooked or scarched. The macaroni was pretty good but almost slightly dry. It wasn't at all what I expected. I was trying a new restaurant but should've just went to my regular Cheesecake Factory or PF Chang for my birthday. The waiter was excellent. He was very nice and patient.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/20142nd time here this summer and love it- great service and very good food- menu has something for everyone- steaks are the BEST!! $25 for a filet and 2 sides- can't beat the price....Special Features:
- Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014The food and service were great. Our waiter was attentive to our needs and the prime rib was very good. We also enjoyed the sampler appetizer with our favorite being the spring rolls. Topped of with delicious cheese kick (we split it as it was a large serving). Would definitely recommend itSpecial Features:
- 100% Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014This is an excellent restaurant for all occasions. We were there for our 10th year anniversary. We dressed formal while others were in shorts & flip flops. Excellent PrimeRib as well as other menu items. We have been here for the last 4 years on our anniversary & will be back by next year. All the server's were excellent as well. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be better...BobbyDined on 7/13/2014Dinner was disappointing. We've had better here. The Shrimp 'n Grits were unappetizing and the Prime Rib was tough to chew. My wife and I are not inclined to try it again.Special Features:
- outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014The service, food and atmosphere are amazing. The serving size are generous. You can come here for a romantic meal , a special occasions, or just a casual meal.I recommended this restaurant to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STEAK and CRABAPPLE DIP!LjprestonDined on 7/2/2014We recently had a wonderful experience at Village Tavern. Our waiter suggested a nice bottle of wine, which was fine considering Wednesdays are 1/2 priced bottles! The warm crab dip tasted extremely fresh! I don't usually order steak at restaurants, but the special for the night was a ribeye with blue cheese crumbles and two sides for $40. It was the best steak I have ever had! Also, the portions were generous enough to share with my husband. We left feeling full and happy, and our waiter was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014We eat here often and the good tasted like it was cooked hours before we arrived. The chicken on the salad was truly not fit for human beings. Put beside 2 large parties even though there were vacant tables further away so we said zero to each other at dinner
- Village Tavern BirminghamRocketman5501Dined on 6/24/2014Food was really good! Specials for the evening were not mentioned. Really loud. Had trouble carrying on a conversation with my wife. Our server was in a hurry the whole night. She did stop enough to ask for the usual, drinks and dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of townersoutoftowneatingDined on 6/20/2014Good food enjoyed it very much. The double decker cheesecake is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerJewelsDined on 6/20/2014We selected this place because we could make a reservation for dinner on a Friday night for a group. Good food & large selection. Something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TimesSharingTheMomentDined on 6/16/2014We returned this year to celebrate another wedding anniversary, as we have done on precious occasions. We returned here, specifically, because we always enjoy the ambiance and warm, comfortable feel of the restaurant. Our food, as we expected, was prepared to perfection. We ordered steaks, which were tender and succulent, and we enjoyed a nice Cabernet selected from the wine list! The staff was cordial, knowledgeable and professional; also quietly omnipresent when needed, yet unobtrusive when a modicum of solitude was desired. We enjoyed this dining experience very much, which ensured additional return visits, even without a special occasion to celebrate! Thanks to everyone!Special Features:
- Delicious Food & Great Prices!LibertasticDined on 6/15/2014We really enjoyed our brunch/lunch on Sunday. Parking is a bit of a hassle, but that is to be expected at the Summit. Service was just so-so, but the food came out really fast and was DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- Best for BrunchDineOutOftenDined on 6/14/2014We've eaten brunch here often and food and service have always been good. First time for dinner and food was OK (my Dad liked his steak so that was good!), and the service was outstanding. It is a very busy, crazy place at night and not some place you would want to go for a quiet, romantic dinner. Prices a bit high compared to some other local, very high-end restaurants, but convenient and thank goodness they offer valet parking. Otherwise you would have to hike for days to get to it! Think we will stick to brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TiptonVIPDined on 5/30/2014We were seated right away and the service was great and friendly. The food was really good and the drinks were great.Special Features:
- ExcellentDatwood2009Dined on 5/30/2014My wife and I went to Village Tavern for our 5th anniversary dinner. It was our first time and it was excellent. We were sat quickly (had reservations) and had excellent service by our waitress (Fiver). I had the 10oz Filet Mignon and it was great! My wife had the Flank steak and she loved it! The portions were huge for the price. We will definitely go again!Special Features:
- jem26Dined on 5/29/2014food was favorful , well priced we each had something very different and each was well pleasedSpecial Features:
- DelighteddebVIPDined on 5/26/2014excellent menu,comfortable surroundings,good service, overall very good choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 592 reviews are from the Village Tavern Birmingham reviews archive.
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014This is one of Birmingham's best kept secrets. The service was outstanding and the food was remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers dayMikeDined on 5/11/2014service and food were satisfactory considering it was a special daySpecial Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014David was our waiter and he made a delightful dining experience even better. With reservations we waited only 10 mins to be seated. Food was prompt and very tasty. Must try the chocolate cheesecake but make sure two people will be eating it.Special Features:
- Anniversary LunchLuv2eatDined on 5/10/2014Me and my wife had a great time... Food was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!GoldilocksDined on 5/9/2014Really enjoyed everything about this place! There is something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers' Night OutDiningConnoisseurDined on 5/6/2014Relaxing, excellent filet mignon and a pleasant waiter. We very much enjoyed our evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Our entire experience was great. We will always come back when in Birmingham. We will check out the other village tavern restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting from Atlantaeat2liveDined on 4/26/2014It was prom night. Our server was outstanding! He took really good care of us. Our food came out a bit cold, but they immediately made it right. Our food came back perfect and the manager came over and offered us a free dessert! The Cajun pasta is delish!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable lunchBobbyVIPDined on 4/25/2014Lunch menu has a good selection of large salads, sandwiches, burgers and entrees. Service was friendly and fast. One of a few places in Birmingham that has lunch reservations. Also it has a number of tables for larger parties so good for a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that greatGoodDined on 4/20/2014We went there for brunch after Easter. It's had a terrible smell of cooked seafood. Their children's menu had not breakfast type food. Considering it was a brunch that was surprising. The bloodyary was watered down. I think the made a bunch in advance and the ice started to melt.
- Enjoyable Sunday Brunchmw45140VIPDined on 4/20/2014The Sunday Brunch was a good alternative to the overpriced buffets brunches at other restaurants / Hotels in Birmingham.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014We went here for our Prom Dinner and it was excellent. We would recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Village Tavern ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2014I really enjoyed my waitress on my visit. We arrived around 9pm so it ws pretty laid back without a lot of noise. I will say that the food was just 'ok'. The spiniach dip wsa one of the worst I have had in a while. Overall the atmosphere was good, food not so much.Special Features: