Village Tavern Alpharetta
11555 Rainwater Dr.
Alpharetta, GA 30004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern Alpharetta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: 7707776490x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 9pm;
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am- 4pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Antonio Maya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Village Tavern’s dining space emits a welcoming and upbeat vibe where diners can seek privacy in a cozy table by the fireplace or revel in the company of friends.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Buckley 8883020812
- Entertainment: Live Music
A word from Village Tavern Alpharetta
Some traditions only get better. Come enjoy a wide-ranging menu of 'fresh high quality takes' on New American cuisine, from the freshest fish and hand cut steaks to wood fired pizzas and homemade desserts. Zagat rated as excellent and recipient of the Wine Spectator award four years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Village Tavern Alpharetta - Best Restaurants in Alpharetta ›
Village Tavern Alpharetta reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (97)special occasion (74)great for lunch (74)good for groups (66)fit for foodies (49)great for brunch (33)romantic (31)kid-friendly (29)notable wine list (26)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (16)hot spot (12)late-night find (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- The Village TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014The Village Tavern has consistently good food, the servers are polite and efficient, and it will not break the bank.Special Features:
- WXYZWXYZVIPDined on 8/27/2014Very good choice. Highly recommend it. We are repeat vistors.Special Features:
- FantasticDined on 8/23/2014With all the great restaurants; I wouldn't waste my time of this one. It is only fair. We sat in a booth and the stuffing was coming out of the seat. The food tasted okay but it came out really fast so it was pre-made and it was not hot so they didn't microwave it long enough. :(
- Good food... When we got it...Harvgj19Dined on 8/23/2014Restaurant was ok. We had a reservation for our anniversary. They sat us in a tiny booth. Ordered an appetizer to share. Brought it out without the bread that went with it. Then no small plates so we made crumbs everywhere. Waited a good while for our entrees before someone came and apologized and offered us a free appetizer. After telling them we had already had one they took ours off the bill. When the food finally came it was very good. Well cooked and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats and Great ServiceRoadtrippersDined on 8/23/2014Second time here. Flatbread pizza excellent. All four of us loved our food. Our waitress was excellent and treated us like family. Will go back every time we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WXYZWXYZVIPDined on 8/19/2014AS USUAL, VERY GOOD FOOD AND ATTENTIVE SERVICE. NEW SERVER JOSIAH, BUT ONE WOULD NOT KNOW IT UNLESS TOLD. VERY GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we always love the Village TavernGigiDined on 8/19/2014Food is always great: service exceptional and staff more than graciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow kitchennocooking4meDined on 8/16/2014Restaurant is very nice. Usually service is good. On this occasion, our server was relatively friendly but too busy. We needed to request refills on water and ice tea. Waited over 40 minutes for dinner to be served with no explanation from server. I had to call her over and ask. She then didn't check with the kitchen, just said they were backed up. No effort to speed things along. Got to the point that we were considering leaving without dinner. When dinner arrived, everything was not at the same temperature, some luke warm some hot. No manager came over to explain/apologize/check with us.Special Features:
- Always Fun!!!BuzzdogDined on 8/15/2014The Village Tavern has always been one of my "go to" places to take clients and meet friends. I took a date there recently and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary locationHappyAnniversaryDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary and chose to dine at Village Tavern (VT). We looked at several options in Alpharetta and Roswell. We chose VT and were not disappointed. We were seating immediately. Our waiter was very attentive. Our appetizer and drinks arrived quickly. Our food was delicious. It was quiet enough that we could talk but noisy enough that we didn't have to worry about people 'listening in' on our conversation. When I made our reservation through Open Table I indicated in the 'Special Requests' box that it was our anniversary and everyone associated with VT wished us a 'Happy Anniversary' - they even brought us a complementary dessert. It was a delightful experience and we will return to VT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Anniversary LunchbensojaDined on 8/14/2014With all the hectic activities of our kids, having an anniversary dinner during the week is almost impossible. However, having lunch at Village Tavern was the next best thing! The staff took wonder care of us. We had a booth near the fireplace. It was our special corner of the restaurant. Our waiter was attentive and kept our drinks filled, but was not instrusive. It was very nice to have that time together in the middle of a very hectic day and Village Tavern made it just that much more special.Special Features:
- GreatmealDined on 8/12/2014Nikki was our server and did a good job of getting our order and making us comfortable. She tended to stay and talk a bit with her tables which slowed down getting our bill to us and then processing it. She was a nice lady who helped us get a sampler appetizer of their ribs so we could see if we liked them. Not a huge problem overall.Special Features:
- Team EffortTommyRyanDined on 8/11/2014Our waiter had some challenges with getting our order right, but he with another staff member made it right by getting us the right items and letting us keeping the spinach salad that was mistaken at side of sauteed spinach. The food is excellent. Great value for the atmosphere, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT THE SAMEluv2eatVIPDined on 8/8/2014It seems that they have increased their menu and added things like fondue.... which is really Mexican cheese dip. They no longer serve hot bread... I was not impressed. I did have the turkey Rueben and it was good. Prices also have gone up. Wish it would have stayed the Tavern we know.Special Features:
- A great neighborhood find.WindermereDined on 8/7/2014I have become a regular at this great neighborhood spot. The food is always consistently good. A great place to go with friends. Service never lacking and very comfortable as well.Special Features:
- Saturday Night IntroLovinTheMeal4RealDined on 8/6/2014Introduced friends to Village Tavern on a Saturday night. They were incredibly impressed w/the options on the Gluten Free menu. Everything came out to perfection! The quality of food never disappoints my husband & I. If something isn't right, Staff is gracious to correct.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place at Verizon amphitheatreconcertgoerDined on 8/5/2014Place is across from Lot N for Verizon amphitheatre so wonderful place to eat before concert. Food is delicious and service was really good. However, on concert night, arrive early, the place was packed. Fish tacos were delicious as were the fish and chips. Menu is extensive and would cater to anyone's tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014First time for this restaurant and a great find. Great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experience!Whofan70Dined on 8/5/2014I took my wife to the Village Tavern for a surprise 14th anniversary dinner before an even bigger anniversary surprise of 7th row seats to see James Taylor. The VT was outstanding. First of all, our service was top notch. I really wish i remembered out server's name as she was on the ball. She was engaging, witty, and provided incredible service without being a nag (which is very hard to balance). The food was outstanding. We ordered the homeade chips and ranch dipping sauce for an appetizer and the Thai Chicken Nachos and BBQ pork belly tacos for our entree. Everything about the meal was fantastic. Finally, we orderd the double cheesecake for dessert. It's to DIE FOR!! Highly recommend the Village Tavern!!Special Features:
- Pleasant, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Our food was very good, service excellent, though the waitress was a bit of a "Chatty Cathy!" When my friend's wine was not to her liking, the waitress brought another glass (higher priced) at no charge. We had reservations through OT and were seated within 5 minutes of arriving.Special Features:
- Great for a girls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014Our server Ruth was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and made wonderful recommendations.Special Features:
- Weeknight dinerPatsyDined on 7/30/2014It was very busy the night we dined here but the management and our wait person were very attentive. They delivered a drink order wrong but corrected that and gave us an appetizer at no charge to make up for the mistake. The food was yummy. Overall a good evening.Special Features:
- Great AgainHHPIDined on 7/30/2014A wonderful time was had by all. The food was great and service with Neil superb as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMariettaMooreVIPDined on 7/29/2014Not one of my better visits. 6:45 and the noise level was very distracting. Our server talked way too fast to be heard over the noise. I got the evening special of Salmon Oscar. It was tasteless and the crab meat was of a minced consistency. The asparagus was extremely over cooked and stringy. There were several large groups dining that night and our meal was served without too much delay, which tells me the kitchen wasn't paying as much attention to detail. However, my companion said her petite filet was good. This visit was much below the standard I expect from VT.Special Features:
- Yummy foodhoneymoonDined on 7/27/2014Enjoyed the restaurant very much- great food selection - burgers cooked to perfection- steak was tender- temp of food just right. The dessert - pound cake was divinely yummy. Service was fab too. Love love love this place!Special Features:
- Excellent but evacuatedRunners2Dined on 7/26/2014We had a wonderful meal & excellent service! However, we were evacuated due to smoke boiling out of a/c system! Very calm and orderly exit, our waitress boxed our dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyDined on 7/25/2014Very busy but honored our reservation on time. Loud and hard to converse. Couldn't be helped because of number of people. I'm glad they are so busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service on a busy nightdiningduoDined on 7/25/2014Village Tavern is extra busy on Verizon Wireless concert nights so we booked preferred online seating and requested our favorite server Brittany. We were quickly seated and the food and service were up to usual high standards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014I came with my coworkers. I love the salads. I had the Cobb salad this time. It was great. Both my coworkers had hamburgers, they both said the burgers were great. It was close to work which was a plus also. There I plenty of parking and some shady spots. This is my third visit, and each visit has been consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic fooddavidDined on 7/22/2014had supper their on 07/22/2014 food was great service was fantastic no complaints and potato chips was greatSpecial Features:
- Very Enjoyable DinnerLuvgoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014Met some long time friends who were visiting from Greenville. We all enjoyed our dining experience and the good wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinnerLewandowskiDined on 7/20/2014We took our sons for a birthday dinner. Our server was terrific and friendly. We had a minor issue with my husband's dinner (fish and chips) but the manager and our server corrected the issue very promptly. Overall another great dinner at the Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad experienceFine2dineDined on 7/19/2014Village Tavern is always a great place to dine. We like to celebrate special occasions there. We also like to entertain out-of-town guests, because the food is always great and the ambience can be intimate and/or crowd-friendly. The food preparation is always top-notch, and the staff is well-trained, professional and very friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent as usualwrussgrantDined on 7/19/2014We have been here many times and food and service have been first rate. No different this timeSpecial Features:
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/18/2014The VT is the best! We go once a week and always sit in Brittany's section. The food is awesome by itself but Brittany is what makes the tavern extra special. She knows exactly what we like and always pays attention to the smallest details!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great eveningGigiDined on 7/18/2014I met a friend for dinner. The food was exceptionally wonderful and our waitress, Alyce, amazing. She had such a great approach to her customers...checking up with perfect timing to make sure all was good. It was a great evening and have always loved both the food and service here.Special Features:
- Big place but still goodRBandDBDined on 7/18/2014We were surprised at how big the restaurant was. However, it did not negatively impact service or quality. We went there for lunch and would go back for lunch and would also try it for dinner.Special Features:
- Good food, but noisy.OpenMindDined on 7/17/2014Pros: above average food, above average service Cons: a frantic/noisy environment, steak was not cooked properlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert dinnerMikeDined on 7/17/2014First time at Village Tavern. Service was great, food was very good. We did have to send Filet back once to get it cooked correctly, but turned out OK. Good spot for couples or families.Special Features:
- village taverncjd0718Dined on 7/15/2014loved the new updated menu. great baked brie appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.