Village Tavern Alpharetta
11555 Rainwater Dr.
Alpharetta, GA 30004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Village Tavern Alpharetta
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villagetavern.com/
- Phone: 7707776490x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 9pm;
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am- 4pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Antonio Maya
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Village Tavern’s dining space emits a welcoming and upbeat vibe where diners can seek privacy in a cozy table by the fireplace or revel in the company of friends.
- Private Party Contact: Kevin Buckley 8883020812
- Entertainment: Live Music
A word from Village Tavern Alpharetta
Some traditions only get better. Come enjoy a wide-ranging menu of 'fresh high quality takes' on New American cuisine, from the freshest fish and hand cut steaks to wood fired pizzas and homemade desserts. Zagat rated as excellent and recipient of the Wine Spectator award four years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Village Tavern Alpharetta - Best Restaurants in Alpharetta ›
Village Tavern Alpharetta reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (106)great for lunch (72)good for groups (71)special occasion (65)fit for foodies (55)vibrant bar scene (35)notable wine list (31)romantic (27)great for brunch (27)great for outdoor dining (24)kid-friendly (20)hot spot (14)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- Always good................BuzzdogVIPDined on 10/17/2014Village Tavern is truly a neighborhood gem!!! one of my faves!!! always good food, service and atmosphere!!!Special Features:
- Great outdoor lunchIrishmomDined on 10/17/2014I've eaten at Village Tavern before...always great. But this was the first time I are out on their patio. It was a beautiful day, I didn't even know they had the patio. I will think about Village Tavern again on a great day for eating outside.Special Features:
- Great eveningAllyDined on 10/11/2014We went there for dinner with friends. Large menu and each of our entrees was great. Served at the right temperature and beautifully presented. I had the roast beef and hardly needed a knife to cut. Wonderful flavor. Service was smooth and well practiced. Comfortable seating with a feeling of privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatfoodieVIPDined on 10/8/2014very consistant quality-great menu. We eat there weekly. It is our "go to place". We can never make a decision where to go so we get in the car and always wind up at VT!Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseGAProvinceDiningDined on 10/4/2014Places with the word Tavern in the name can be all over the map. This is a nicely decorated - subdued restaurant with a huge fireplace in the middle of the dining room. First time there and we had brunch. The good - the French toast and the home made hash browns were fabulous. The "Sugared Bacon" was good bacon - though not much hint of the brown sugar made it to the table. The Huevos Rancheros are to be avoided. An egg omelet wrapped in a tortilla with a little cheese and sour cream on top. However, the French toast and potatoes will get us to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/1/2014Food good and service great. Half price wine on wed. Great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies birthday dinnerBusterVIPDined on 10/1/2014Recently visited Village Tavern and casually mentioned it was a friends birthday, our waitress was awesome and brought out a small dessert with candle at the end of the evening. What a great touch. I am not sure what was better, the great service, half price wine on Wednesdays, or the wonderful glazed salmon. I wish I remembered our waitresses name she was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceWes123Dined on 9/28/2014I really enjoyed my experience at Village Tavern. I celebrated a birthday there and the service was wonderful. There's a variety of good choices on the menu. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/27/2014We were a little early but seated when we arrived with a friendly welcome and personally walked to our table by a hostess. Server arrived soon after seating and took drink orders and informed our group of the evening menu specials. Food ordered from the regular menu and special of the evening and all guests were pleased with their orders and taste.Special Features:
- FantasticMisterBillDined on 9/26/2014The food and service here is fantastic. I have never had a bad experience here.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationFunNiteDined on 9/25/2014My friend and I regularly meet for dinner. Village tavern is halfway between us and we continuously return there because of great food and service. Look forward to our next dinner date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They were having a bad dayFoodieHusbandVIPDined on 9/24/2014I normally enjoy this place but our lunch there this trip was off in so many ways. Under cooked fries and burger. Unsweet tea served instead of sweet tea. They did take one meal off the check and apologized profusely.
- Love it here!EricaVIPDined on 9/21/2014Ever since having our first date here over 8 years ago, we have always enjoyed coming back. The food and service is always great. We sat outside and enjoyed the patio. Great as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portion and delivery standardsWindermereDined on 9/21/2014I have been a fairly regular customer for special brunches. The tavern has always been my go to place for pleasant surroundings and good food. However on our last visit it was apparent that the kitchen needs to step up it serving standards. Similar plates were served with various portion sizes and the meals were delivered luke warm at best. With the kitchen so near there is no excuse for this oversight. I would try them again but they will no longer be my go to spot.Special Features:
- Very noisy and frantic!cgc6064Dined on 9/20/2014My husband and I were looking forward to a romantic dinner. Even though we made a reservation for 2, we were seated in a very small booth near large parties who were noisy and so demanding of our waiter, we felt ignored. He did his best, but was very frantic. Our food was spot on, yet our waiter kept blaming the kitchen for his woes. Our food was delicious and well timed.Special Features:
- Beautiful nightDianneVIPDined on 9/19/2014We sat outside and it was a beautiful night. We started out with the Thai nachos. It was delicious. We shared the four of us. I shared the flatbread with veggies it was ok. My husband and friend had the hamburger. They loved it. The wines are also good. One thing the martins are pretty small.Special Features:
- Village Tavern still GoodSPPPVIPDined on 9/16/2014Flatbreads were excellent. Huge Cobb Salad was very good. Consistently good. Keep it up,Village TavernSpecial Features:
- WXYZWXYZVIPDined on 9/13/2014Another great experience. Server, Steve, Manager Johanna, and Gen Mgr were attentive but not overly so.Special Features:
- One of two entréeMillieLDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I went went dinner Saturday night and his dinner was great mine was disappointing. It was the blacked salmon sandwich and the salmon was so crunchy it had no taste. I did not want to complained becauce then we would not be eating together. Would not get that entrée again.Special Features:
- great visit to great establishmentDan3525Dined on 9/13/2014the food was awesome and the waitress was superb, I wish I could remember her name. this is our first visit here and it will not be our last.Special Features:
- AliceDined on 9/12/2014This was not the first time the buns on the sandwiches were stale! Need to improve. Also hamburger was cold!Special Features:
- Always enjoy coming here...NOTMYFAVANYMOREVIPDined on 9/12/2014....Food and service, always superb! Yamin gave excellent service.Special Features:
- Another great dinner at VTLesismoreVIPDined on 9/10/2014We decided that day to go to VT and sit on the patio. I made a reservation and we were promptly seated on the patio, which was never full. The inside was completely full, however, with an hour wait. Nevertheless, our service was great and the food was prepared perfectly. This restaurant deserves its reputation and the business it has.Special Features:
- Consistentebb7011Dined on 9/9/2014Consistently good food, service and drinks. I haven't had a bad meal or experience at numerous visits to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always goodwrussgrantDined on 9/6/2014We have visited the Village Tavern many times and have never had a bad experience. Excellent food and excellent service.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood SpotKimbelryDined on 9/6/2014We enjoy Village Tavern each and every time we eat there. It is a family favorite!Special Features:
- Inconsistent Food QualityJAMofJCDined on 9/5/2014My wife and I have been here 3 times in the past year. The first time her food was good, but my chicken marsala was not. It had little chucken and no hint of marsala at all. The second time both dinners were very good. In fact, my prime rib was superb. The most recent experience (our last) was dreadful for us both. Her fish and chips was terrible and my ribeye steak was an utter disaster--the worst piece of meat I have ever been served. It was supposed to be a 14oz slab of quality meat, but what came out of the kitchen was an 8 oz chunk of gristle and fat about 1/4 inch thick. I cannot trust a kitchen so inept at quality control. That cut of meat should never have been accepted from the supplier! Too bad, I want to like this place. No more!
- Unexpected Find in AlpharettaDiningnanaDined on 9/5/2014This was our first visit but definitely not our last. The name is a little misleading. This is definitely a very nice restaurant. The menu selections are endless. You can get everything from sandwiches and burgers to steaks, seafood, and prime rib. I had an excellent filet mignon and my husband "cleaned his plate" of Hong Kong Style Sea Bass. Both were well presented and delicious. Excellent carrot cake complimented our entrees. Our server was knowledgeable, efficient, and very personable. It was a delightful evening, and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but NoisyVT101Dined on 9/5/2014The food was excellent and the service was very good. We were placed next to a large group of people and we could not hear or carry on a conversation. Will not do that again. Will ask to be seated somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfoodieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Wide menu and good drinks Service excellent. We go serverL times a week. When we think the best place to go it's always VT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Village TavernOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2014The Village Tavern has consistently good food, the servers are polite and efficient, and it will not break the bank.Special Features:
- WXYZWXYZVIPDined on 8/27/2014Very good choice. Highly recommend it. We are repeat vistors.Special Features:
- FantasticDined on 8/23/2014With all the great restaurants; I wouldn't waste my time of this one. It is only fair. We sat in a booth and the stuffing was coming out of the seat. The food tasted okay but it came out really fast so it was pre-made and it was not hot so they didn't microwave it long enough. :(
- Good food... When we got it...Harvgj19Dined on 8/23/2014Restaurant was ok. We had a reservation for our anniversary. They sat us in a tiny booth. Ordered an appetizer to share. Brought it out without the bread that went with it. Then no small plates so we made crumbs everywhere. Waited a good while for our entrees before someone came and apologized and offered us a free appetizer. After telling them we had already had one they took ours off the bill. When the food finally came it was very good. Well cooked and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats and Great ServiceRoadtrippersDined on 8/23/2014Second time here. Flatbread pizza excellent. All four of us loved our food. Our waitress was excellent and treated us like family. Will go back every time we're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WXYZWXYZVIPDined on 8/19/2014AS USUAL, VERY GOOD FOOD AND ATTENTIVE SERVICE. NEW SERVER JOSIAH, BUT ONE WOULD NOT KNOW IT UNLESS TOLD. VERY GOODSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we always love the Village TavernGigiDined on 8/19/2014Food is always great: service exceptional and staff more than graciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow kitchennocooking4meDined on 8/16/2014Restaurant is very nice. Usually service is good. On this occasion, our server was relatively friendly but too busy. We needed to request refills on water and ice tea. Waited over 40 minutes for dinner to be served with no explanation from server. I had to call her over and ask. She then didn't check with the kitchen, just said they were backed up. No effort to speed things along. Got to the point that we were considering leaving without dinner. When dinner arrived, everything was not at the same temperature, some luke warm some hot. No manager came over to explain/apologize/check with us.Special Features:
- Always Fun!!!BuzzdogVIPDined on 8/15/2014The Village Tavern has always been one of my "go to" places to take clients and meet friends. I took a date there recently and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary locationHappyAnniversaryDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 38th wedding anniversary and chose to dine at Village Tavern (VT). We looked at several options in Alpharetta and Roswell. We chose VT and were not disappointed. We were seating immediately. Our waiter was very attentive. Our appetizer and drinks arrived quickly. Our food was delicious. It was quiet enough that we could talk but noisy enough that we didn't have to worry about people 'listening in' on our conversation. When I made our reservation through Open Table I indicated in the 'Special Requests' box that it was our anniversary and everyone associated with VT wished us a 'Happy Anniversary' - they even brought us a complementary dessert. It was a delightful experience and we will return to VT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.