511 Stump Rd
North Wales, PA 19454Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villagetavernpa.com/
- Phone: 2153937953
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 3:00pm - 2:00am;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Entertainment: Live entertainment check website for up to date details.
A word from Village Tavern
At the Village Tavern, we take a creative approach to traditional American cuisine. Our chefs have created a superb collection of comfort foods to satisfy both purse and palate. Each menu item is prepared on premise, every day, 7 days a week. From award winning burgers, to mouth watering desserts, our delicious lunch and dinner offerings feature fresh, locally sourced ingredients. Our family-owned establishment has been operating for more than three decades and has a loyal following. Whether you enjoy a quiet meal in our dining room, watch a game in the bar, or dine alfresco on our terrace, you too will fall in love with our affordable prices and friendly service. For a fun night out, bring your friends to the Village Tavern. There is always something happening, including live music Wednesday through Saturday. Our full bar offers 22 craft beers on tap, as well as 80 bottled varieties. We have an extensive selection of distilled spirits, and an ever expanding wine list, as wellContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Village Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- father's day dinnerpeggyODined on 6/15/2014Our food was very good and our server Vanessa was excellent. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Special occasionjmo606Dined on 6/6/2014Food is good and servings are generous. This place is a bit pricey which is why I chose the title. Server Patti D. is very friendly and knows the menu quite well. She came by a few times to check on us and see if we needed anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014I have eaten here a couple of times prior ad everything was top notch. This time around the service was slow and my food had to be sent back. I ordered one of their specials (the burger of the month). When it came out it was over cooked. Not even close to the correct temperature. To add insult to injury the description stated that it was topped with brisket. It may have been brisket but it didn't taste like brisket. It appeared to be a short rib. I mentioned this and after taking my food back to the kitchen the waitress returned and apparently argued with me that the short rib WAS brisket. I relented just to get my food. When it finally came it was still over cooked. I just took it and left. Luckily I didn't have to pay for it.
- Big AppetizersRicman466Dined on 5/11/2014Ordered two and only needed one in place of a meal.Special Features:
- Try the Thanksgiving Burger!PDfromBaltimoreDined on 5/10/2014The food is always good at the Village Tavern. I live in Baltimore, but have family in the area, so whenever we visit we always try to get over to the Tavern for dinner.
- The following 40 reviews are from the Village Tavern reviews archive.
- Richardson Easter DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014I have to really compliment Rachel our waitress. She performed excellent & outstanding service for our party of 8. She deserves 5 gold stars :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New discoveryMoonSpinnerDined on 3/28/2014This restaurant was new to me, nice atmosphere. 3 out of 4 people enjoyed their meal. Fish and chips was the disappointment for one diner who expected thick fries instead of the home made potato chips served, although the fish was cooked to perfection. This restaurant was able to accommodate a glutton free diner. Service was a little slow checking on things we needed. Overall comfortable, clean and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a little too noisyFCGomesDined on 3/15/2014I was meeting a date at the Village Tavern and, although we were able to enjoy a good meal and great service, we found ourselves constantly saying "What?" to each other. The restaurant has a very, shall we say, "energetic" noise level. My date and I went to the bar afterwards and enjoyed some live music (which was very good) and a couple of drinks. Overall, other than the high noise level, this place was a very good experience that I would do again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, we'll be back againDanaluvVIPDined on 3/1/2014Tried this neighborhood tavern based on reviews and was not disappointed. Seated right away and server was friendly. Nice variety on menu and our food was well prepared. My husband had the prime rib special and I had the Cajun chicken and shrimp with mango salsa. Both were tasty and enough leftovers to bring home for another meal. Prices are reasonable and there's something for everyone. We were seated in a dining room separate from the bar area and we could not hear the lively sports bar action unless we ventured to investigate. Live music in the bar and a deck which most likely is jammin on a summer eve! We'll be back to try the burgers and sandwiches which looked huge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- going down hillOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/22/2014This was always our go to spot, but lately it just is not that good. Our server was very slow. When we finally got our salads, we had to wave her down to get silverware. My husbands appetizer came after our entrees were served (she said the kitchen lost the ticket, which i think she did not place the order). My prime rib was very tough. I am not sure what is happening to this restaurant. Thinking about not going back.
- Good Pub FoodMarkchristianDined on 2/21/2014We really enjoyed our meal here. Good food, great prices, fantastic beer selection and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceJulie923Dined on 2/14/2014Dinner started with a great server. She was an absolute gem. Dinner - 2 of us had the shrimp stuffed with crabmeat speciad& it didn't disappoint. Their everyday menu is amazing. Oh we ordered their potato chips appetizer.....it is a MUST HAVE. Go & FINALLY enjoy a night out & don't forget to book via Open Table.....no waiting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantYums4meDined on 2/9/2014Good choices on menu Large portions Quick service Extremely friendlywait staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite RestaurantSkyCruiserDined on 1/18/2014The Village Tavern is our favorite restaurant and we eat here about a dozen times a year. We highly recommend. Although, we love everything on the menu, the burgers are the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new findabcdDined on 12/21/2013Our first time and was excellent. Service was exceptional, food was very good, and we look forward to going back and trying other items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Varied menu and friendly atmosphereAR1960Dined on 11/15/2013Great menu of beers on tap! Large menu with both dinner and pub type selections. two of us had burgers and they were outstanding. Apps were creative and good.. My husband ordered the rib special, sadly they were very dry...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had been to the tavern inOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013I had been to the tavern in the bar area only once before. I remember the Village burger was great and I was looking forward to having it again. Saturday's village burger was not as good as I remembered. I opted for fries instead of the chips. The fries did not taste like they had been seasoned. They weren't very good. On a positive note, the seafood bisque was delicious and the waitress was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night out with old friendssun4funDined on 11/9/2013Made our reservations through Open Table for a party of 10 with a request to be in the bar area for an informal get together with old friends. We were seated as requested for sandwiches and drinks. The food is plentiful and served piping hot. The wait staff was great for a large party. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves till the wee hours. We would go there again and recommend it for both casual and formal dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth being a regular dining spotBucksFoodieDined on 11/9/2013Food is excellent and the prices are very reasonable. They were extremely accomodating of our group (14 people) and the service was outstanding. Will be going back for sure!Special Features:
- Love this placegrandbabies4Dined on 11/8/2013The meal we had on friday night as delicious - everyone in our group ordered something different - from a spinach salad, salmon, pasta and crabcakes, and everything was delicious. Our waitress was very attentive and we all have a good time.Special Features:
- good food. good serviceConsistentVIPDined on 10/26/2013While visiting my son at Wake Forest we happened to have two meals here. The Wait staff on both occasions was knowledge=able and energetic. The food was good, albeit a bit overpriced. The atmosphere is more along the lines of a pub.Special Features:
- Not the best experience, servicecelebrationDined on 10/19/2013Not the best experience, service was slow, meals came out at different times and were warm not hot. Seated in the middle of a room of families with children when other tables were available in a less noisy and less traveled area. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- Menu better than foodRtm54Dined on 9/23/2013The menu said wow but the food said ok. The portions are HUGE but taste and overall quality were only fair. We split the 3 large spring roll appetizer which was pretty good but the over-wraps were a bit dry. My patty melt was the worst I've had in the area upon reflection as the order was not prepared medium but tasted a if it had sat on the stove top for hours as it was dry and well done and tasteless save for all the stuff(onion ring, tomato, sauce) that overwhelmed it anyway. The waitress was nowhere to be found to complain. And the bread, while the best part was much, too much. My wife's turkey dinner was much better, tasted good but likewise was overwhelmed by bread and the mashed potatoes. Overall fair at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good and thekcc0414Dined on 9/11/2013The food was good and the service was excellent but the noise level was out of control. I could not even hear the person I was meeting with, so I would not recommend this place for a business meeting, which unfortunately was the purpose of my lunch. However, it would be great for a casual lunch or night with friends when you wouldn't mind having to talk over the noise.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday nite dinner placeJohnDined on 9/7/2013Usually short or No waiting when reservations are made. Recommend the Crab Cakes & Salmon as 2 of their best entrees. Good place for dinner for any occassion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food in Ample PortionsKathyVIPDined on 9/6/2013Waitress was very helpful, we both had the evening's pasta special--it was inventive and satisfying. Go hungry...the dessert portion were huge --ginger cookies filled with pumpkin ice cream were good.Special Features:
- Great food, strange atmosphereLansiteDined on 8/31/2013I have to start by saying that the food was very fresh. I had a chicken sandwich, and everything about it was fresh and tasty. Even the potato chips were freshly made! The drinks were great also. There was also a lot of food. We didn't make it to desert even though we were planning to. My only issue was the incongruence between the outside of the building (old tavern), the menu (gastro-pub) and the interior of the restaurant (dingy Italian restaurant). I was disappointed that the feel of the tavern didn't go as far as the eating area. It felt like there had been a change of owners and they weren't done making it their own yet. It certainly made a nice change from the chain restaurants nearby and I will more likely go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above and beyondDianeDined on 8/3/2013We were a group of 10. One of which was my grand daughter who is 4 years of age with a neuromuscular disease. she is in a power wheel chair. I also had an 89 year old women with a walker. They went above and beyond to accommodate us. We had a beautiful table with a beautiful view. We often run into problems because of our family needs but the Village Tavern now has a lifetime customer with our entire faAmily. Thank you Village Tavern staff for your kindness and accommodations.Special Features:
- Not SatisifiedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2013Everyone's meal was great, except mine. The eggplant was chewy and overcooked. I notified my waitress, Kelly, about this and she took it away and suggested that I order something else, which I did. When the bill arrived, the eggplant parmesan was removed from the bill and replaced with the burger that I ordered in it's place, but I feel, that given the issue with the meal, my meal should have been no charge. Kelly, our waitress, was very apologetic and understanding, but I feel that she could have gone the extra mile and had the manager make an appearance at our table and I should not have been charged for my meal. Needless to say, I was not a satisified customer last night, and would appreciate a response to this.Special Features:
- It's time to renovate the decorChippyVIPDined on 7/8/2013Very good burgers and pub food but inside decor needs some serious upgardes. The place just smells old. Correction, it reeks old...There are (2) bars small and large, and an outdoor section that is popular when they have live music and nice weather. The waitress was touting their burgers and soliciting our vote for Phily's Best.. They are good but don't make the cut in m book for slightly lacking flaover in the meat. I also had a Smithwicks that was skunked and on its way out... Message to the owner - Time to drop some coin on interior renovations/updates...I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and the foodsatisfiedDined on 6/25/2013great service and the food is excellent and you get a bang for your bucks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was just great,satisfiedDined on 6/16/2013everything was just great, the food was done as requested and was more than enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry ? Go for the 50/50 BurgerChippyVIPDined on 6/15/2013Wow - The 50/50 burger is a must try and should not be attempted by the timid... It was voted a Phillys best burger and I can see why.. This place is a great Burger and Beer joint. Beer list is varied and always changing and adding new beers. You will find great local beers and beers you won't normally find any where else..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The veggie burger had tooOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/11/2013The veggie burger had too much "stuff" with it. The crab cake was wonderful! There was too much food for a lunch, so a lot of it was wasted. If there were smaller servings the price could be lower. It was quite pricey for a lunch for 4 people! Service was great.Special Features:
- Overall , it was a good diningDroidDined on 6/9/2013Overall , it was a good dining experience. All employees were friendly and did their jobs well. The prices were affordable and the menu offered a wide range of foodSpecial Features:
- It seems like whenever weJackieVIPDined on 5/24/2013It seems like whenever we are there, there is a very loud obnoxious table nearby! Almost seems like it's one if the waitstaff's group of friends at the end of the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre chicken parmChippyVIPDined on 5/24/2013My third visit to the VT and was not up to my expectations. I had the Chicken Parmesan which was rather flavorless. It was a big thick piece of chicken but was a little tough and over cooked. The sauce was good but the whole dish just did not come together. There was barely any mozzarella cheese on the chicken and I doubt they even used any Parmesan cheese. Usually on a dish like that they come table side with some cheese to add on top of the dish. I would only come back to the VT for the pub food which means burgers and sandwiches. These are the only items I can recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty BurgersChippyVIPDined on 5/22/2013Second time back for what are very delicious, juicy, enormous, not low-fat, wonderful burgers! I cannot comment on anything else, but the burgers are good and worth trying. Next time I will try somthing different on the menu...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burgers - SurpriseChippyVIPDined on 5/18/2013It has been several years since we have been back to the Village Tavern. It's been operating for years as told by the interior. It could use some updating/refreshening. That said, we were pleasantly surprised by the size and quality of their burgers. They are huge and tasty! Now we have another spot for burgers in the area. Their beer selection is also well varied. I would go back to the VT. I'll be interested in sampling some other items from the menu as well and see how they hold up..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my wife for Mothers dayPAJetfanDined on 5/11/2013Took my wife for Mothers day dinner. Great atmosphere great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.