11507 Park Road
Anchorage, KY 40223Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villageanchor.com/
- Phone: (502) 708-1850
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday 11:00am-2:00pm; Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm -9:00pm (bar 11:00pm); Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00 pm (bar 12:00am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Geoffrey Heyde
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small and large off-site parties and events. If a memorable presentation is important to you we're the right catering experts for you! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a covered terrace with a large double-sided fireplace.
- Private Party Contact: Larry Watson-GM 5027081850x
- Special Events: $10-Buck-Tuesday ($10 entree w/house red or white or Falls City draft from 5-9 p.m. in The Sea Hag)
Wine-Down-Wednesday (1/2 price bottles and complimentary tastings 5-9 p.m. at both The Village Anchor and The Sea Hag)
Smokin' Bourbon Thursday (Starting at 5:30 p.m. in The Sea Hag-Complimentary bourbon samples and free cigar)
Fresh-Fruit Margarita Bar Friday (Starting @4:30 p.m. in The Sea Hag)
$1 Mimosas during the Village Brunch in The Sea Hag on Sundays from 1-3 p.m.
A word from Village Anchor
The Village Anchor Pub & Roost is nestled in the historic village of Anchorage, KY inside of the Louisville metro area. We are a bistro-pub featuring upscale comfort food with a twist. We also feature a craft beer selection of 62 labels, a boutique wine list & we are on the Urban Bourbon Trail housing 68 different bourbon selections. We have two patios & a covered terrace with a roaring double-sided fireplace for cool nights & outdoor dining. Given our large outdoor dining space, table location preferences cannot be guaranteed, but we will provide you a memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Village Anchor - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Village Anchor reviews from OpenTable diners
117 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (89)great for outdoor dining (78)fit for foodies (59)special occasion (51)great for lunch (49)good for groups (49)romantic (36)great for brunch (35)hot spot (35)notable wine list (30)scenic view (25)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (13)Show More
- A special find.Luv2feastDined on 11/14/2014My wife and I are new to the area and was referred to the restaurant by a coworker. We were thoroughly impressed with the ambience of the decor. Our table was in front of the fireplace, so it added a romantic touch to the experience. The food was well prepared and presented nicely. Everything tasted wonderful, seasoned to perfection. The service and staff was topnotch. The Village Anchor tops our list of restaurants in the Louisville area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOMECarrilloDined on 11/8/2014This was our first time visiting the Village Anchor; it was so great, I haven't stopped talking about it. From the friendly server, to the EXCELLENT food- then down to the Sea Hag for Bourbon, The Manager was very knowledgeable and personable with his recommendations and giving us some insight to each of the Bourbons we selected. I absolutely loved everything about your establishment and will not only return, but return frequently.... I am told your Brunch is delicious as well!!Special Features:
- Exceptional Service!FoodieMommaDined on 11/6/2014We made reservations for a Thursday night & it was busy, but not crowded. We were greeted & seated right away. Everything we ate was on point. But between the hostess and our server we were so very well taken care of! They made us feel like they were open just for us & their attention was enough for me to give the restaurant 5 stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014First time customer but will return again. Food, service & location were excellentSpecial Features:
- AwesomeLuvlocalfoodDined on 10/29/2014Always enjoy this place! It's great for lunch or dinner. Best sweet potato fries in the city. Great wine and Bourbon list tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingChefboy8890Dined on 10/25/2014New fav place to eat. Great food and always leaving with a smileSpecial Features:
- Loved it!FeatherDined on 10/25/2014It was my first visit to Village Anchor after friends recommended it. I took a friend from Atlanta while she was in town. We both loved it! I will take her back each time she is in town. And plan to take other friends there so they can experience it. Village Anchor has it all - wonderful food, friendly servers and a fantastic fun atmosphere in beautiful Anchorage!Special Features:
- Wonderful LunchHalWeenVIPDined on 10/25/2014We have never been to the Village Anchor before this weekend and we are so glad we decided to have lunch here. Atmosphere was great, we were seated near the fireplace. The wait staff was very attentive and accommodating. Food was perfect, and you must try the sweet potato fries with the marshmallow dipping sauce! awesome, this is more of a dessert then a side dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got da try itmommakDined on 10/25/2014Great food and great service. If you looking for something different, here it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real GemCapnGregDined on 10/24/2014The Village Anchor is a real treat offering an extensive wine, bourbon and beer selection along with some good unique Southern Comfort Foods. The menu is varied and flexible so that you go ether go with an entree or choose appetizers, soups and salads, a restaurant offering you options. A friendly staff and always going above and beyond to make your evening SPECIAL!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Luck Going Wrong!Tieme2theanchorDined on 10/24/2014Good luck going wrong with any item on the menu or the specials!!! Beautiful place! Wonderful food!! Perfect service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/22/2014The noice level was so loud that it ruined our evening with friends. Food and service was very good but was canceled out by the extremely loud noice. All in our party were very annoyed by not being able to hear our conversation. We have been going to The Village Anchor several times a month for about a year for their half price wine on Wednesdays. We will now be going to Salena's at Willow Lake on Tuesdays for their half price wine night.Special Features:
- Patio noise level intolerableAngelshareDined on 10/17/2014As always, the food and service were top-notch! The only drawback was the noise level on the patio. The noise was so intolerable, we were unable to hear the waitress or even carry on a conversation with our guests. Then a rowdy group of women sat at the table next to us, and there was absolutely no hope. The evening was cool, and apparently when they pull the plastic sides down on the gazebo, the noise just reverberates. The waitress explained that as the weather remained cool, the would put area rugs on the patio floor and that helped with the noise. While the explanation made sense, it didn't help our situation. We always enjoy the restaurant food and service, but next time will request a table indoors.
- Great PlaceHotrangeDined on 10/11/2014Food and service was great! Would definitely eat at this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in LouisvilleScottnsummerVIPDined on 10/8/2014This is a fantastic restaurant. The food is fantastic and the service was amazing. You can't go wrong here. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/4/2014There was some confusion with the Open table reservation. I made this reservation on a Wednesday for the following Saturday night because I know they book up extremely quick. I got a message on my cell phone on that Friday that the reservation got "missed" so they were seating us downstairs in the lower outside area with a plastic enclosure. I was very dissapointed since I made this reservation 4 days in advance. I decided to go ahead since I knew I probably couldn't get a reservation anywhere else on Friday night for Saturday night. It truly took away from the dining experience.Special Features:
- Anniversary FiasoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014I wanted to recreate our proposal on our 5 year anniversary (complete with a new diamond ring) and I had called TWICE within the previous week for a reservation and to confirm said reservation. My wife and I eat here frequently and love the ambiance but have spotty service. When we arrived I was told that we did not have a reservation! I explained that I had called yesterday to confirm it (spoke to Ellen) and then also confirmed it an hour before we were supposed to eat there to remind them of the special table I had requested (that's THREE phone calls). I also had to show them my email. They did give us a table but not the one I requested. We decided to enjoy the dinner but I'm highly disappointed in their organization. THREE PHONE CALLS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Painful Noise LevelFoodluverDined on 10/3/2014Energetic does not really describe the noise level. Energetic is fun. This was not fun. It was painful. Big negative impact on an otherwise enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- European style....LindaStoDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I appreciate Europe and the flair Europeans have for dining. Village Anchor has that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb experienceSushiluvvaDined on 9/30/2014This was my second time orderin the grilled salmon, mushroom risotto, and asparagus. My husband ordered the salmon salad and it did not disappoint. We were both very pleased with service and food. The ambiance is wonderful and cozy. I've been here for both a group business dinner and a date night... Excellent each time! A must try!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeKeeferDined on 9/28/2014Ask for seating recommendations with reservation. It's ok to sit near front door but if other choices available, do so. Cast iron scallops with asparagus with bread and wine is a nice light meal for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very noisysucker4ambianceDined on 9/26/2014The food was excellent and the service was impeccable but the tables sit too close to one another where everyone sitting next to you can hear the conversation.I personally like my space! !!!! The noise level is also very high even though the music selection is charming it is hard to hear it.The food is exceptionally good the service is upto par and the ambiance is very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyabledineout1Dined on 9/24/2014Always enjoy dining at the Village Anchor. Love the varied menu. Fish tacos are my favorite. Service is exceptional. Decor is unique. Picturesque location.Special Features:
- Village AnchorFoodieDined on 9/19/2014One of my favorites in Louisville! Love the porch and outdoor dining if the weather permits!Special Features:
- $10 Tuesday... what fun!Trainman2001Dined on 9/16/2014After regularly receiving eMail announcements from the Village Anchor, my wife and I decided to give it a try. We'd been there a few times before in their regular dining area with the regular menu, but this was the first $10 Tuesday. This time it was beef stew and a glass of house wine for $10. The wine we chose was the house Cabernet. The wine was very nice and exceeded expectations. The beef stew was terrific! It was rich, well seasoned, not overly spiced, and easily digested. It had peas, beans, corn, potatos, and of course, good stew meat. $10 Tuesday's takes place in the Sea Hag, which is the cute bar in Village Anchor's lower level. Most of the seating is outside under a tent. There is limited seating (not at the bar) indoors.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Bad setting, next to service door keep getting bumped into by servers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meallocalfoodieVIPDined on 9/13/2014I usually got o Village Anchor for dinner or brunch, but lunch was fantastic as well! The pick 3 lunch was perfect and 1/2 price cocktails in the Sea Hag are hard to pass up. Great experience. Great service as well, as usual!Special Features:
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014All was good food. Rather pricey - eg Chicken saltimboca $28, fried chicken $17. no salad included. Service barely ok, had to ask for bread, eg.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Excellent dining experience! The entire group enjoyed the event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heavy ChairsGretaVIPDined on 9/6/2014It doesn't seem like a big thing, but I fight with the chairs every time I am there. They are too heavy, unmovable. The food is very good, although the menu could use some updating. Wine list is admirable and with 40 different beers, have at it. Loud, everyone is having a good time and it's just fun. Outside is a treat on good nights. The go to place to see and be seen!Special Features:
- Late LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/4/2014We had lunch reservations for 2pm. After being seated we were informed that the kitchen closed a 2. Our waiter asked if we were going to need very much time looking over the menu. It was a bit awkward... That being said the service and food was very good.Special Features:
- Great place to dine with friendsWOP1Dined on 9/3/2014This was my first visit to Village Anchor and it exceeded my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just go therereticentreviewerDined on 9/1/2014No earthling nor any foodie from elsewhere in the cosmos will fail to be enraptured by at least multiple menu items. When you go to Village Anchor, you feast, enjoy yourself and can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!WesleyDined on 8/22/2014We love this place! Horrible thunderstorm, and they moved us inside quickly and treated us like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodnewbeeDined on 8/19/2014I have been there several times and the food and service is outstanding. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJimmy75Dined on 8/16/2014Went back and forth not knowing what place to choose for our anniversary dinner, but decided on this place, because of couple of recommendations. We arrived a little earlier than our reservation and was seated with no problem. The food was excellent, along with the service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationmtbtigerDined on 8/15/2014I haven't been to Village Anchor and had a bad meal yet with either the lunch or diner menu. My wife surprised me with a lunch date for my Birthday. We had an early lunch before the crowds started coming in. Our waitress was very knowledgeable of the food and drink menu and stopped by the table enough to make sure we were OK but not to much to be an bother. I had the Rueben and she had the French Onion / Sandwich combo. She is very picky on French Onion soup and absolutely loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingmelodyk99Dined on 8/14/2014We went back a second time because so many people rave about it. We thought maybe we were missing something or every place has a bad night. Our service was better this time, but overall the experience was barely average. I don't get the fascination. Food was mediocre and overpriced. Seated on the porch which was packed, loud, fans on making it louder, and oh - let's pump loud music on top of that. We couldn't hear one another talk. There are so many great restaurants in Louisville. Why folks continue to go back here, I don't get.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Very good food and service was outstanding - the staff was very professional!Special Features:
- All around terrible experienceFrequentFlyerDined on 8/8/2014We went to the Village Anchor for my boyfriend's birthday. We had heard that it was such a great place to eat. I had made reservations 2 weeks in advance. While I entirely understand that it was the PGA weekend and there were a lot of people there, we received absolutely noticeably less service than all other customers. From the treatment by the hostesses and the wait staff's unprofessionalism- it was an absolute disaster. I asked the hostess if it was because we had booked through "open table" and she said everything but 'yes'. SO- hint to everyone- don't make reservations through this website. You'll get the worst seats next to the bathrooms, or the outside table next to the fans and wait station. Terrible birthday celebration!!!Special Features: