11507 Park Road
Anchorage, KY 40223Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villageanchor.com/
- Phone: 5027081850x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday- Friday 11:00am-2:00pm; Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm -9:00pm (bar 11:00pm); Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00 pm (bar 12:00am)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Geoffrey Heyde
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We cater small and large off-site parties and events. If a memorable presentation is important to you we're the right catering experts for you! Email: email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a covered terrace with a large double-sided fireplace.
- Private Party Contact: Larry Watson-GM 5027081850x
- Special Events: $10-Buck-Tuesday ($10 entree w/house red or white or Falls City draft from 5-9 p.m. in The Sea Hag)
Wine-Down-Wednesday (1/2 price bottles and complimentary tastings 5-9 p.m. at both The Village Anchor and The Sea Hag)
Smokin' Bourbon Thursday (Starting at 5:30 p.m. in The Sea Hag-Complimentary bourbon samples and free cigar)
Fresh-Fruit Margarita Bar Friday (Starting @4:30 p.m. in The Sea Hag)
$1 Mimosas during the Village Brunch in The Sea Hag on Sundays from 1-3 p.m.
A word from Village Anchor
The Village Anchor Pub & Roost is nestled in the historic village of Anchorage, KY inside of the Louisville metro area. We are a bistro-pub featuring upscale comfort food with a twist. We also feature a craft beer selection of 62 labels, a boutique wine list & we are on the Urban Bourbon Trail housing 68 different bourbon selections. We have two patios & a covered terrace with a roaring double-sided fireplace for cool nights & outdoor dining. Given our large outdoor dining space, table location preferences cannot be guaranteed, but we will provide you a memorable dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Village Anchor - Best Restaurants in Anchorage ›
Village Anchor reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (105)neighborhood gem (93)special occasion (64)fit for foodies (60)great for lunch (53)great for brunch (46)romantic (43)hot spot (36)good for groups (33)scenic view (31)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (17)vibrant bar scene (17)late-night find (10)Show More
- So good!WesleyDined on 8/22/2014We love this place! Horrible thunderstorm, and they moved us inside quickly and treated us like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodnewbeeDined on 8/19/2014I have been there several times and the food and service is outstanding. The staff goes out of their way to make sure you have a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJimmy75Dined on 8/16/2014Went back and forth not knowing what place to choose for our anniversary dinner, but decided on this place, because of couple of recommendations. We arrived a little earlier than our reservation and was seated with no problem. The food was excellent, along with the service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationmtbtigerDined on 8/15/2014I haven't been to Village Anchor and had a bad meal yet with either the lunch or diner menu. My wife surprised me with a lunch date for my Birthday. We had an early lunch before the crowds started coming in. Our waitress was very knowledgeable of the food and drink menu and stopped by the table enough to make sure we were OK but not to much to be an bother. I had the Rueben and she had the French Onion / Sandwich combo. She is very picky on French Onion soup and absolutely loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointingmelodyk99Dined on 8/14/2014We went back a second time because so many people rave about it. We thought maybe we were missing something or every place has a bad night. Our service was better this time, but overall the experience was barely average. I don't get the fascination. Food was mediocre and overpriced. Seated on the porch which was packed, loud, fans on making it louder, and oh - let's pump loud music on top of that. We couldn't hear one another talk. There are so many great restaurants in Louisville. Why folks continue to go back here, I don't get.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014Very good food and service was outstanding - the staff was very professional!Special Features:
- All around terrible experienceFrequentFlyerDined on 8/8/2014We went to the Village Anchor for my boyfriend's birthday. We had heard that it was such a great place to eat. I had made reservations 2 weeks in advance. While I entirely understand that it was the PGA weekend and there were a lot of people there, we received absolutely noticeably less service than all other customers. From the treatment by the hostesses and the wait staff's unprofessionalism- it was an absolute disaster. I asked the hostess if it was because we had booked through "open table" and she said everything but 'yes'. SO- hint to everyone- don't make reservations through this website. You'll get the worst seats next to the bathrooms, or the outside table next to the fans and wait station. Terrible birthday celebration!!!Special Features:
- Kevin & RobinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Had our wedding lunch here just the 2 of us and it was fabulous!!! Could not have been a more perfect experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindtheballDined on 8/6/2014Excellent food, great service, our first time here and was treated like a long time patron. If you are in the Louisville area this is a must!Special Features:
- AHidden Gem in Dining!CocoVIPDined on 8/3/2014Best shrimp and grits in town! The Lobster corn dog was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service great but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014The food and service was what we expected except for after the meal arrived at our table, we only saw our server 2 more times. She vanished. Her service was excellent up until that point. This would not stop me from coming back, but it would from using the same server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- about this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Grossly over priced for this restaurant. I had fish and chips. Mike Linnig's does not have a competitor here. Not enough menu variety.
- Excellent every timeDrmmVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great consistancy of great food and service. We were there for a late lunch and had great service with excellent food even thought they were getting ready to close. They were not in a hurry to rush us out and it was very enjoyable. The outdoor covered eating area is great year roundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badEchoPhiDined on 8/1/2014Great food, outstanding service, little pricey. All in all a wonderful dining experience for a first date.Special Features:
- Village AnchorsneaqueDined on 7/30/2014From the moment we arrived, the friendly staff welcomed us, and we were seated immediately in spite of being early. The food was well-prepared and presented well. We were not rushed, and enjoyed our lunch.Special Features:
- Great lunch spotGoodfoodDined on 7/29/2014Ok place for lunch! Very noisy!service lacking as we only saw our server ton place our order and again to leave the check!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MojoDined on 7/28/2014Excellent Hot Brown and Creme Brulee! Our waiter was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance, food not specialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014I had a friend in from out of town and made reservations to a place I had not been to but heard a lot of good things about. The food was good but nothing special. We had two drinks apiece (their summer vodka special is very good,) one salad and two entrees and the cost came to $112. A bit pricey for chicken and shrimp and grits. The okra was soggy because they put the okra directly on the rice, and the cheese grit cake that came with the chicken was not cheesy enough. We also sat outside, and although they provided shade via tilted umbrellas, they had the fans facing away from us, and it was hot.
- DinnerDined on 7/25/2014Our server, Erin, was great. She was friendly and seemed to genuinely take an interest in us. The food was good, but wasn't anything different than what you would find at a similarly-priced restaurant (shrimp and grits and a meatloaf burger). The one negative thing I'd have to say is that it took an hour from our sitting down until we got our entrees. There was only 2 of us and we were there for about an hour and a half when a table next to us of 4 people were there for only about 45 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Setting and Better FoodHungryCardinalDined on 7/19/2014The whole meal was amazing with an extensive drink list to boot. Overall great experience dining outside in a great setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience!MelPDined on 7/18/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday this past weekend and we were both thoroughly impressed! Everything from the service to the atmosphere to the food was absolutely amazing!!! We will definitely be coming back and not just for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ...service poorNatmanDined on 7/16/2014We have always enjoyed The Village Anchor ... but our server this night was not good... not attentive ... asked for coffee ... forced to share a pot on table and no individual condiments as normally offered.... seemed perturbed when we asked for our own coffee... I mean ... we are paying for it ... would have liked to have dessert ... but just wanted to leave .. the server just ruined the evening.. We will go back again .. certainly ... but I am considering calling first to ensure we do not have same server...Special Features:
- Perfect birthday dinner!sweetpea79Dined on 7/12/2014I had wanted to try this place for some time now, so my husband booked a reservation for my birthday. It was perfect! Great food, amazing cocktails and a pleasant outdoor eating area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo!AngelDined on 7/12/2014Village Anchor is our go-to place when entertaining! It's comforting to know we are guaranteed to impress our guests, that everyone will find something they like on the extensive menu, and the food and ambiance will be fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very specialjrosVIPDined on 7/12/2014While visiting in KY this week we were fortunate to have someone suggest the Village Anchor to us. Although disappointed that we could not get reservations for dinner, we decided to go for a late lunch. the restaurant is charming and the staff and food were beyond what we expected. We look forward to our next time there.Special Features:
- Great food,serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014The food and service were fantastic. The decor was crazy and fun and we enjoyed it all. My only complaint is that our table was too close to other diners. To get out of my seat, we had to move the table and excuse ourselves for still bumping into another table. The people at that table agreed it was a little too close for comfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dineNicoleSDined on 7/4/2014Tried Village Anchor for the first time after hearing nothing but great reviews. The food was amazing and the servicer was very polite and very knowledgable about the menu. The crab cakes were amazing and as good as the ones I get on the east coast. My boyfriend got the short ribs and cleaned his plate. We sat outside and the ambience was outstanding. The manager and chef both stopped by to check on the food and our experience. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Consistently good.coolspringersVIPDined on 7/2/2014Food was good, service was good. The menu changes left a few key items off (the burger for instance)...which is sad to see. Yes, I know there is burger night on Thursday...but my appetite doesn't always pay attention to the calendar. We ate dinner outside with my in-laws with fans going and a full house. It was really loud and difficult to hear our own conversation. The noise level would be my only negative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High on my favorites list!JeneneDined on 7/1/2014The food here is always wonderful. The pick 3 is perfect for lunch. I had the soup of the day, BLT&A, and sweet potato fries with marshmellow dipping sauce! Their bacon is to die for! The interior is beautiful, I love the art on the ceiling....but dining outside is the ticket to feeling like you are on vacation. The gardens and greenery are so beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!MsWimseyDined on 6/29/2014Great food, very nice atmosphere (inside and out), great service, will return! Our second visit to the Village Anchor and it was just as good as our first visit.Special Features:
- tigerDined on 6/21/2014Another great meal at one of my favorite places. I love the variety of the items on the menu. The service is always great. The staff is always helpful.Special Features:
- Village Anchor A+SharknadoDined on 6/19/2014Great Food, amazing Service. New menu. Great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedloueaterVIPDined on 6/18/2014We are regular Village Anchor dinners. This past Wednesday, "half-priced" bottle night, was underwhelming. Per usual, the restaurant was slammed. We were seated indoors and waited and waited for a server. I think they were down one server. My salad arrived at a summer room temperature! The lettuce was wilted and the veggies were limp. A salad at 90+ degrees is not appetizing. My other item, new to the menu crab salad, was served at the same temperature. Normally, the kitchen functions well despite the crowds; not this time.Special Features:
- Great menusciphileDined on 6/16/2014I was impressed with the menu choices. I had a side salad and an appetizer for an entrée, and my husband and I split the deviled eggs 3 ways! The portions were ample and the food delicious. The server was very kind to move the fan so that it wasn't making as much noise for us. We tried the beer on tap, and enjoyed the selection.Special Features:
- BunnyDined on 6/14/2014We always have a great experience at the Village Anchor!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2014Love the patio dining on a beautiful summer evening. Food was very good as was the service. However, the noise level is more than energetic for it is hard to hold a conversation without raising your voice. It would help to have the music level turned down.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningWonderfullyRomanticVIPDined on 6/7/2014Had a excellent meal with all food prepared perfectly. The service was great at first then became rushed when it grew closer to the end of the night. I recommend going earlier in the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anchor Candied Bacon TM nuff saidSharknadoDined on 6/6/2014Great place to eat lunch or diner. Service is polite, menu is like top chef, alternative atmosphere to downtown. Haven't spent time at the bar, but looked stocked, elegant, big TVs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- whats the point of a reservation?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2014Arrived 5 min before reserved time. Had to wait an additional 20 min past reserved time. We were shoved akwardly into an uncomfortable corner between what can only be described as batchelrette parties. Both of these parties were screaming and shouting at eachother for the duration of our stay. Our food came out incrediblt slow.
- CherylWannabefoodcriticDined on 5/30/2014Had reservations on a Friday night, seated immediately. Server was excellent, food too! Sat on the lanai which is a super cool atmosphere. Fantastic food and wine. Especially the won tons and hotter brown! Took friends from out of town-they want to come back soon. My new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.