416 Hamilton Street
Geneva, IL 60134Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villaverone.com/
- Phone: 6302322201x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Villa Verone
For a taste of old Italy, head to Villa Verone Ristorante Italiano, housed in an 1849 historic stone home in downtown Geneva. For over 18 years, Villa Verone has embraced the values of authentic southern Italian cooking and an Italian family. Come and enjoy a delicious meal, great atmosphere and fabulous service. The Upper Club, located upstairs, is the perfect place to unwind and listen to live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Celebrate your next special event with us. Private rooms available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Villa Verone - Best Restaurants in Geneva ›
Villa Verone reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (77)great for outdoor dining (74)romantic (57)special occasion (49)fit for foodies (27)notable wine list (24)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (10)hot spot (10)great for lunch (9)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- One of my favorites!!!Stal34VIPDined on 8/30/2014Love villa verone. Their seafood pastas are amazing. You don't get more authentic than this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Neighborhood Italian PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Went for an anniversary dinner and as usual Villa Verone did not disappoint. Great for romantic dinner or take the family. They always have the best waitstaff which always makes the experience special. Thanks Villa Verone.Special Features:
- A Mid-Summer's NightDiDiDined on 8/23/2014A friend pointed out this restaurant while shopping in downtown Geneva. Very casually mentioned that she enjoys eating at this establishment. Perfect for first dates......My husband and I went that very night and fell in love......with the restaurant. Our wait staff person (Dominick) was so attentive and didn't even laugh raise an eyebrow when I "licked my plate" even told me "I didn't have to share". It was a fun night and I've already made plans with friends to have dinner out before summer ends. I loved this restaurant. Prices comparable to Maggiano's but small and quaint. Upstairs has a fun bar with live music to enhance your evening even more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GenevaDined on 8/23/2014Will be back again for dinner or will try their lunch menuSpecial Features:
- One of our absolute favorites!Stal34VIPDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food all the time! We love this place. The staff is wonderful and the owner is always there and a great guy! You don't want to miss the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new find!Samlab25Dined on 8/22/2014We've lived in Geneva for over 10 years, but have never made it to Villa Verona. So glad we tried it! The food was very good and although the restaurant was very busy, we were seated right away and everything came out fairly quickly. Really enjoyed the wait staff. The table next to is was a very loud group of women, but there's not much you woman do about that. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!DiningdivaVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have dined here several times before and always love it. This night was no exception. William was a charming, attentive (but never hovering) waiter. The Tilapia special was delicious as was the pasta special. We celebrated our daughter's birthday with a special dessert. Only one curious thing everytime we dine here: the bill is not itemized.Special Features:
- Terrific NightRayCVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was a great night. Our server Dominic was great. He was friendly, attentive and suggested an aspargus appetizer that was bursting with flavor. I had chicken marsala and it was very good. My girlfriend had Tilapia and it too was very good. The service was outstanding, the food was very good and patio deck was a perfect place to spend an summer evening. We went to the upstairs bar and danced the night away. GREAT!!Special Features:
- Great ChoiceRealCriticDined on 8/15/2014This was our first visit to Villa Verone. We ate on the patio which was a great choice on a beautiful summer evening. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. We will definitely try it again, especially to try out the ambiance inside the historic building that houses the ristorante.Special Features:
- Great spot!MarioDDined on 8/9/2014The outdoor seating is great. Such a nice place to sit and enjoy the great food and company.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Great food, outstanding service and a wonderfull atmosphereSpecial Features:
- MarvelousSassyDined on 8/8/2014My favorite place, always very good, service terrific ! Always look forward to going. Best asparagus wrapped in bacon appetizer and best lasagna anywhereSpecial Features:
- Really greatTWILLERDined on 8/6/2014I was looking for a new place for a date I've been to most places in the area but missed this off the main drag, we went on a Wednesday and they had great music playing in the front, service was excellent overall better than most places in the area a must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful patio and terrific foodStephanie1959Dined on 8/1/2014This was my 2nd visit and the 1st for my husband. He was very pleased! We had the Prix Fixe which was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least they triedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014It was really crowded, preventing any intimate atmosphere, but outside dining might have been better. In the beginning our waters were filled after every sip, but during the meal, my glass went empty many times. My husband was given a glass with lipstick on it, officially losing one star rating. Food was ok, but nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- V Verone makes any occasion specialFoodFanDined on 7/15/2014My family and I have enjoyed Villa Verone for 20 years now and it's absolutely our favorite restaurant in the Fox Valley. Whether we go for a special family occasion or just a nice night out for good food, Pietro and his wait staff - particularly Dino - always welcome us as if we are family. VV's food and service are impeccable, and their prices are very fair. If you order a pasta or a meat or fish dish you'll never be disappointed - the food is of consistently high quality. Once my wife and I planned to enjoy dinner out at VV but at the last minute she did not feel well. I called the restaurant and Pietro was happy to pack up a wonderful meal of all of our favorites, to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerEatsMeats16Dined on 7/15/2014The food was incredible, the service was great. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dancing!numbersDined on 7/12/2014Great place to dance in the zipper Lounge. Friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvelousSassyDined on 7/12/2014I chose this resturant to take visiting friends from Florida, I could hardly wait for them to see it and appreciate the food, it is always wonderfulSpecial Features:
- First TryDineInDined on 7/11/2014Having heard about Villa Verone we thought we'd give it a try for lunch. The food was great and the service terrific. Took a tour upstairs and Villa Verone looks as if it offers much more. We will be back.Special Features:
- Good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Food was great. Waited a while for food and water was not fill often. Would like to have been offered an outside sitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!GenevacoupleDined on 6/28/2014The food is incredible and the service can't be beat. This is our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoors is perfectgdibartDined on 6/26/2014Another terrific meal at VV. Sat outdoors late afternoon. Comfortable, great service by Joe, fixed price menu is the way to go.Special Features:
- Special Occasion GO TOTheBeautifulDined on 6/24/2014My husband & I have been going to Villa Verone for years for our Anniversary. The food is amazing, wait staff attentive and atmosphere relishing! We highly recommend a good Italian dinner here. You won't be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great eveningVillaPietroVIPDined on 6/24/2014We keep going back, what more can we say. The owner and his son-in-law really know how to make your evening special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvelousSassyDined on 6/24/2014I love eating here, especially outside listening to the song birds attached to the walls. They have wonderful food, and relaxed atmosphere. My only complaint is sometimes is hard to get th check.Special Features:
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/24/2014Villa Verone is wonderful, outside eating is so pleasant, wonderful attentive wait staff. Food was excellent, if small on the portion side. The same is true of the martinis, well made and excellent but small.... a bit pricey for the amount of what you get , but a very nice relaxing enjoyable evening of dining .Special Features:
- Delicious neighborhood restaurantmlnp82Dined on 6/21/2014Villa Verone is a quaint Italian restaurant with excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful patio and terrific foodStephanie1959Dined on 6/20/2014What a great find! I went with some girlfriends but would just as easily go with my husband. The food was tasty and well-presented. Our waiter was a family member and we felt very premiered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/17/2014The owner Pete is amazing. Food was excellent. Loved the veal and mushrooms! Great to have an owner who is passionate about food and service. A must go to experience!Special Features:
- Yum!CBluvs2eatDined on 6/11/2014I found this restaurant from Open Table, would never have found it on my own, as it was on a side street from the main drag of Geneva, IL. It was fantastic! Everyone was so personable and accommodating, even heard one of the owners/managers say 'fuhgetaboutit' and it was hilarious, felt like I was at a little restaurant in Naples. Italy! Tremendous food, just the right amount, bread was awesome and plentiful, wine was served in a chilled wine glass which I appreciated. Although it is a little pricier than we usually spend on a Wed. night, it was worth it and we will be back for another special occasion or two!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gemeks321VIPDined on 6/10/2014I really like the atmosphere of this restaurant. It is family owned. It is located in a cute neighborhood in what looks like a old house. It is not too big. Food is freshly prepared and very good. Prices are reasonable. Love sitting outside in nice weather. Definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Quiet Lil' Ma n Pa PlacetheinfrequentfoodieDined on 6/8/2014Good wine selections were apparent plus food was darn good without killing you with massive portion sizes. Old converted house has a great atmosphere and was quiet, so you didn't have to shout across the table to have you friends hear you. Was on pricey side but I thought still well worth it for us, but they should see and extra dollar sign on the ratings. Plan on about $60/head if you do a bottle of wine, an appetizer, a couple salads, entrees, and coffee afterward. We would go back;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/7/2014My wife and I went there not expecting anything special and boy were we wrong. Best dinner we have had in months. Pietro (the owner) was fantastic and incredibly social. Food was excellent and we ate our fill for $90 for the two of us on a Fixed Price menu. Then we danced the night away upstairs with a live Motown band that was also excellent! Cannot recommend Villa Verone highly enough!! Authentic, lots of character and characters. A joy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Katherine NelsonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014We had a wonderful evening. Celebrating our 45th anniversary, we enjoyed the 2 person special which includes one appetizer, any 2 entrees, a bottle of wine and a desert to share! Service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableRobertJDined on 6/6/2014We happen to like the ambiance, albeit a bit tight in the dining areas. We've always enjoyed the food. This time, there was a large group crammed into the middle of the dining area that made it almost uncomfortable, with even the wait staff struggling to get by chairs and people. I also felt that the wine was overpriced for some of the selections. I understand expected markups, and even felt the price range was in line with other restaurants. Some of the choices however, appear to be marked up much more than what I believe is normal ... thus I ordered a lower quality bottle of wine than I might have, but paid no less. It won't keep me from returning, as I am hopeful this visit was an anomaly. We have always enjoyed Villa Verone.Special Features:
- Phenomenal evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at Villa Verone. Dino in the dining room provided excellent service, the food was great, and, as good as all that was, the live entertainment in the martini bar upstairs might have stole the show! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, & lovely outdoor diningLynnVIPDined on 5/31/2014Great food, and lovely outdoor dining away from the street. They went out of their way to make sure we could sit outside on this beautiful evening. My veal was some of the best I've ever had. It's a family restaurant, and thus, has an individuality and charm to it that others lack.Special Features:
- An evening outSassyDined on 5/31/2014Sitting outside with caged songbirds singing, one is very relaxed. The drinks and food come at a comfortable pace. The portions generous, the presentation attractive, and the food good. My only complaint was the service as we finished. Seemed not enough wait staff to finish paying the check, as we sat far too long waiting to leave. We will go back, because, as a whole, it was a relaxing, good eveningSSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014Wonderful! Special for any occasion. One night we had a simple family evening meal, then had daughters graduation meal with extended family. Fun festive. More than just fine dining - enjoying life!Special Features: