416 Hamilton Street
Geneva, IL 60134Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villaverone.com/
- Phone: 6302322201x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Villa Verone
For a taste of old Italy, head to Villa Verone Ristorante Italiano, housed in an 1849 historic stone home in downtown Geneva. For over 18 years, Villa Verone has embraced the values of authentic southern Italian cooking and an Italian family. Come and enjoy a delicious meal, great atmosphere and fabulous service. The Upper Club, located upstairs, is the perfect place to unwind and listen to live music Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Celebrate your next special event with us. Private rooms available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Villa Verone - Best Restaurants in Geneva ›
Villa Verone reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)great for outdoor dining (53)romantic (49)special occasion (43)fit for foodies (30)good for groups (22)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (6)great for lunch (6)scenic view (3)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My girlfriend and I loved our dining experience. The food was fantastic and the service was very good. Would highly recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GirlsNightOutDined on 10/18/2014We just love Villa Verone! The staff is friendly and always smiling, loving their job! The owner is always present and finding ways to better your experience!! This is a yearly trip for my out of town family! Our last experience allowed for us to be part of history as we witnessed a couple getting engaged and starting their own journey together! Just love the atmosphere and the good is amazing!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJamieDined on 10/17/2014Our food was excellent and our waiter, joe, was wonderful@! Can't wait to dine here againSpecial Features:
- Really bad waiter food just as badChuckVIPDined on 10/17/20142 couples, waiter seats us only 3 menus just left. Comes back for drink order, we said bottle of wine he leaves without taking the order we see him taking meals up stair, back to the kitchen more meals in our room back in the kitchen 20 minuts later he takes the wine order and two apps. It was comical he was over exaggerating an italian accent to the point you couldn't understand him, he thought it was funny we did not. We ordered dinner and waited an hour and 20 minutes the table next to us seated just before us were through their meal coffee after had their boxes and left we are still waiting. Then he brought the meal no apology like it was ok, 3 of the 4 meals should have been sent back, my wifes was not eatable, really bad.
- always the same a good thinguncleTomDined on 10/14/2014Excellent. Celebrated our 4th anniversary has been our favorite for years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceDavem720Dined on 10/11/2014The wait staff is fun and efficient and the food is exceptional. We love Italian food. We keep coming back because every entree has been wonderful. The manager/owner also makes this a fun place to dine. We love to dance and the bands in the upstairs lounge have always been great. And when the band takes a break, the manager/owner has fun with the guests singing a number of golden oldies. He actually has a very good voice. Villa Verone is fun for just dinner or a whole evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner and DancingPchadDined on 10/4/2014We celebrated our 1 year anniversary here , recreating our 1st date. The food was delicious and we danced the night away. The seafood ravioli and key-lime martinis were perfect.Special Features:
- Wonderful Homecoming DinnerstelrosaDined on 10/4/2014My son and his homecoming date ate here before the dance. They loved everything about the experience. The wait staff fussed over them and made them feel so special! They both raved about the dinner and dessert. It was more than a meal, it was an experience they will always remember. That is why I love Villa Verone--every meal is memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceDavem720Dined on 10/4/2014The food and all the staff were excellent. The specials were a real treat. The service in the bar area was also excellent and a lot of fun.Special Features:
- Wonderful place!Stal34VIPDined on 9/27/2014Great food and great service every single time! The owner is wonder and all of his staff. Chicken parm is great, love the farfalle al sole. You can't go wrong. The asparagus appetizer is excellent.Special Features:
- Absolutely Fanastic!CieloDined on 9/26/2014Villa Verone cannot possibly disappoint you. It has the most wonderful food and the atmosphere is so romantic and beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceDavem720Dined on 9/18/2014The food, service, and entertainment were excellent. This was our second time there. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Fabulousgood2goDined on 9/13/2014The food was wonderful, the service excellent and the little bar in the back was a lot of fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServiceDavem720Dined on 9/13/2014The food and service were excellent. The entertainment and service in the lounge area on the second floor was also excellent. It was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousnessRedbirdfan64Dined on 9/13/2014Great homey little Italian restaurant. Bread was hot and fresh, Linguine Pescatore was excellent with plenty of seafood and the garlic and olive oil broth was perfect for the entree and dipping your bread. My wife enjoyed the Gnocchi, it was soft and full of flavor. Will definitely visit this little treasure again soonSpecial Features:
- Excellent as always!JimmyCDined on 9/6/2014Found this restaurant a few blocks down from our apartment and ever since we've been back for several occasions! Great food and atmosphere and their "Fixed Price for 2" menu is unbeatable! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenKarenVIPDined on 9/2/2014We were celebrating my husbands birthday and I wanted to go somewhere we've never been. My nephew works at Villa Verone and told us how good it is. He was right, the food was delicious and the service was good too.Special Features:
- One of my favorites!!!Stal34VIPDined on 8/30/2014Love villa verone. Their seafood pastas are amazing. You don't get more authentic than this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Neighborhood Italian PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Went for an anniversary dinner and as usual Villa Verone did not disappoint. Great for romantic dinner or take the family. They always have the best waitstaff which always makes the experience special. Thanks Villa Verone.Special Features:
- A Mid-Summer's NightDiDiDined on 8/23/2014A friend pointed out this restaurant while shopping in downtown Geneva. Very casually mentioned that she enjoys eating at this establishment. Perfect for first dates......My husband and I went that very night and fell in love......with the restaurant. Our wait staff person (Dominick) was so attentive and didn't even laugh raise an eyebrow when I "licked my plate" even told me "I didn't have to share". It was a fun night and I've already made plans with friends to have dinner out before summer ends. I loved this restaurant. Prices comparable to Maggiano's but small and quaint. Upstairs has a fun bar with live music to enhance your evening even more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!GenevaDined on 8/23/2014Will be back again for dinner or will try their lunch menuSpecial Features:
- One of our absolute favorites!Stal34VIPDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food all the time! We love this place. The staff is wonderful and the owner is always there and a great guy! You don't want to miss the experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new find!Samlab25Dined on 8/22/2014We've lived in Geneva for over 10 years, but have never made it to Villa Verona. So glad we tried it! The food was very good and although the restaurant was very busy, we were seated right away and everything came out fairly quickly. Really enjoyed the wait staff. The table next to is was a very loud group of women, but there's not much you woman do about that. We look forward to returning soon.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC!DiningdivaVIPDined on 8/16/2014We have dined here several times before and always love it. This night was no exception. William was a charming, attentive (but never hovering) waiter. The Tilapia special was delicious as was the pasta special. We celebrated our daughter's birthday with a special dessert. Only one curious thing everytime we dine here: the bill is not itemized.Special Features:
- Terrific NightRayCVIPDined on 8/15/2014This was a great night. Our server Dominic was great. He was friendly, attentive and suggested an aspargus appetizer that was bursting with flavor. I had chicken marsala and it was very good. My girlfriend had Tilapia and it too was very good. The service was outstanding, the food was very good and patio deck was a perfect place to spend an summer evening. We went to the upstairs bar and danced the night away. GREAT!!Special Features:
- Great ChoiceRealCriticDined on 8/15/2014This was our first visit to Villa Verone. We ate on the patio which was a great choice on a beautiful summer evening. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. We will definitely try it again, especially to try out the ambiance inside the historic building that houses the ristorante.Special Features:
- Great spot!MarioDDined on 8/9/2014The outdoor seating is great. Such a nice place to sit and enjoy the great food and company.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Great food, outstanding service and a wonderfull atmosphereSpecial Features:
- MarvelousSassyDined on 8/8/2014My favorite place, always very good, service terrific ! Always look forward to going. Best asparagus wrapped in bacon appetizer and best lasagna anywhereSpecial Features:
- Really greatTWILLERDined on 8/6/2014I was looking for a new place for a date I've been to most places in the area but missed this off the main drag, we went on a Wednesday and they had great music playing in the front, service was excellent overall better than most places in the area a must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful patio and terrific foodStephanie1959Dined on 8/1/2014This was my 2nd visit and the 1st for my husband. He was very pleased! We had the Prix Fixe which was worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At least they triedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014It was really crowded, preventing any intimate atmosphere, but outside dining might have been better. In the beginning our waters were filled after every sip, but during the meal, my glass went empty many times. My husband was given a glass with lipstick on it, officially losing one star rating. Food was ok, but nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- V Verone makes any occasion specialFoodFanDined on 7/15/2014My family and I have enjoyed Villa Verone for 20 years now and it's absolutely our favorite restaurant in the Fox Valley. Whether we go for a special family occasion or just a nice night out for good food, Pietro and his wait staff - particularly Dino - always welcome us as if we are family. VV's food and service are impeccable, and their prices are very fair. If you order a pasta or a meat or fish dish you'll never be disappointed - the food is of consistently high quality. Once my wife and I planned to enjoy dinner out at VV but at the last minute she did not feel well. I called the restaurant and Pietro was happy to pack up a wonderful meal of all of our favorites, to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerEatsMeats16Dined on 7/15/2014The food was incredible, the service was great. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dancing!numbersDined on 7/12/2014Great place to dance in the zipper Lounge. Friendly atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvelousSassyDined on 7/12/2014I chose this resturant to take visiting friends from Florida, I could hardly wait for them to see it and appreciate the food, it is always wonderfulSpecial Features:
- First TryDineInDined on 7/11/2014Having heard about Villa Verone we thought we'd give it a try for lunch. The food was great and the service terrific. Took a tour upstairs and Villa Verone looks as if it offers much more. We will be back.Special Features:
- Good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Food was great. Waited a while for food and water was not fill often. Would like to have been offered an outside sitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!GenevacoupleDined on 6/28/2014The food is incredible and the service can't be beat. This is our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 273 reviews are from the Villa Verone reviews archive.
- Outdoors is perfectgdibartDined on 6/26/2014Another terrific meal at VV. Sat outdoors late afternoon. Comfortable, great service by Joe, fixed price menu is the way to go.Special Features: