46 E. Colorado Blvd.
Pasadena, CA 91105Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.sorrisopasadena.com/
- Phone: 6267932233
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Raul Mercado
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full-service catering company with the unique ability to offer gourmet cuisine from both of the restaurants in Old Pasadena, owned and operated by Kontrol Management Group (Bar Celona and Villa Sorriso). From intimate dinners to large scale weddings, charity events, wrap-parties or other special celebrations, they would be delighted to make your dreams a reality.
- Private Party Facilities: YES! Please contact Leslie Nicassio for details.
- Private Party Contact: Leslie Nicassio (626) 844-9009
- Entertainment: live jazz & lounge music; DJs (House, Trance, World Beat); cover bands
- Special Events: YES! Please contact Leslie Nicassio for details.
A word from Villa Sorriso
In the heart of popular Old Pasadena, a national historic district renowned for it's elegantly preserved architecture, VILLA SORRISO ristorante & martini bar is a long-time Pasadena favorite known for its delicious Italian food and warm and sophisticated ambiance. The charm of its warm, brick-walled main dining room is set off by a stunningly modern and stylish martini bar and lounge serving over 20 specialty martinis.Villa Sorriso also offers a private lounge area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Villa Sorriso reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good foodMargyDined on 5/21/2013I love coming here for their Halibit. Inside is fairly quiet to hold a conversation.Special Features:
- Perfect ServiceflowerguyDined on 5/18/2013Every time I visit, food and servers are perfect on us.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only OKOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/17/2013We went with 6 people and the food was only fair. At the first table they sat us at there was a large stain on the tablecloth. Service was good. I had the Chipino which was chewy.
- Great findDawnVIPDined on 5/15/2013This is a great place for above average to excellent dishes. Nice atmosphere and menu is priced right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice atmosphereHerbieDined on 5/15/2013My wife and I and another couple dined at the restaurant in order to see Douglas the crooner do his show. We are considering hiring him for an event we have coming up in August. He was excellent and the restaurant was excellent, also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's day BrunchEatsOutALotVIPDined on 5/12/2013Great Food! Great venue! Great Service! Great MOM!Special Features:
- DisappointedASRandCRdiningDined on 5/3/2013Great reviews on yelp Food however was average at best Wife's rosemary chicken was bland Sauce on my pasta nondescript; not much taste I expected better, especially at these prices and in PasadenaSpecial Features:
- There wasn't a corking fewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013There wasn't a corking few for wine! What a deal! And the food was great!Special Features:
- Saturday night - not thatTJTJVIPDined on 4/20/2013Saturday night - not that busy - not paying attention - hmmm - too bad
- Our service was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2013Our service was excellent, outdoor patio was wonderful and food was delicious!Special Features:
- Mike our server did a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/13/2013Mike our server did a great job, went above and beyond. Food was good. would go back.Special Features:
- Great everyday restaurantZiallenVIPDined on 4/6/2013Villa sorriso has been around for years. It has a great patio that is friendly and pretty big. Staff is usually very good overall but there is one or two that absolutely stand out. Food is very consistent and usually very good. Reservations are handled great (via Open Table) and parking is no hassle if you use the valet. Overall, it's a great choice when you are looking for everyday type dining out.Special Features:
- an overall good time!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013This was my first time here. I ordered a Spicy Italian Sausage Pizza, it was ok, a little short on the sausage (that's what she said) My girlfriend ordered a pasta dish that was fair. Portions were nice, there were 14 of us and the food came out a a good pace, the bread was tasty, fresh and warm. Drinks were strong so that always helps. There was a DJ in the bar area that played some good dance stuff, got a bit loud at times and the speakers cracked, but hey it happens. Overall, it was good times..Special Features:
- Food just not good. Way overOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/5/2013Food just not good. Way over salted, over garlic-d, no sauce/bland, sub par on food, not good wine list either. At best this place is good for a drink outside if u happen to be nearby.Special Features:
- I would have liked the serverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013I would have liked the server to be more helpful and knowledgable about the brunch buffet. We were sat and he took our drink orders and said the food is over there and there. I was later told that my mimosas came with the brunch buffet price. I was not told about any drink specials or what was included with the brunch. A knowledgable staff is always a great asset for a restaurant.Special Features:
- Wait staff was a bit slow....providFoodieVIPDined on 3/28/2013Wait staff was a bit slow....provided the wrong checkSpecial Features:
- We waited a very long timeFoodieVIPDined on 3/16/2013We waited a very long time before our waiter arrived. He was neither attentive nor gracious. Another waiter picked up the slack and assisted us. The hostess was very sweet.Special Features:
- Always an enjoyable experience.VIP1000dinesVIPDined on 2/27/2013Always an enjoyable experience. Great quality, great flavors, great prices.Special Features:
- Great food...bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2013This is my third visit to the restaurant. The food has improved a lot! However, the place was understaffed and the waiter was too busy to attend to our needs. They have even served my appetizer to the wrong table and the other customer thought it was a free dish and started eating it. Besides, the champaign that came with the set dinner was not served until we asked for it twice. But the overall experience was good.Special Features:
- Restaurant was overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Restaurant was overpriced and the wait staff was not well trained. They gave us misinformation. The food was good, and though somewhat unhealthy, tasted interesting and delectable. We ordered their prefix menu, which could be a reason why it was overpriced.Special Features:
- My husband and I went forSanlecorDined on 2/14/2013My husband and I went for Valentine's Day. We've done this for several years and are always pleased. Our server was wonderful...attentive but considerate of our time. A delightful experience!Special Features:
- I ordered the corn soup andValkyrienVIPDined on 2/8/2013I ordered the corn soup and crab cake appetizer - both were underwhelming. Soup was boring and crab cakes were too over cooked with the deep fry.
- Service was very good. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/8/2013Service was very good. Food was OK, nothing worth writing home about.
- Hmm...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013Although we waited for our waiter quite a while, the food made up for it. I had the vodka penne and it was the best pasta iv'e had in a while.Special Features:
- The services was great !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2013The services was great ! I ordered the chicken Marsala and the chicken was a little overcooked, but the sauce was goodSpecial Features:
- very poor service, neglectedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012very poor service, neglected by the server never came back to table for coffee refills or ask how the food was, never brought bread to table even though other tables were served bread
- Wonderful salads and verysandy90265Dined on 12/20/2012Wonderful salads and very attentive service. Only problem was single woman in next table on her cell phone.Special Features:
- I've been there before butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/23/2012I've been there before but this time the waiter took way too long to take our order and to bring our drinks.
- Food was typical Italian foodGrammyDined on 11/13/2012Food was typical Italian food that you can get at most Italian restaurants. It was good, but nothing special. The martini I had was awful, so they made another one - not much improvement. The ambience is great. Eating outdoors on the patio is the way to go. They advertised valet parking, but there was none. Didn't advertise you could park behind the restaurant at a discount. I would recommend the bread pudding - that was delicious.Special Features:
- A required visit for us whenOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/23/2012A required visit for us when we are in Pasadena for half-priced wine night on Tuesdays. On our last visit, service was initially a little slow. Some of our party complained that the entree dishes were not very warm. Otherwise, the food was quite good.Special Features:
- Overall the food was veryRuvenDined on 10/12/2012Overall the food was very good, however my server did not listen to specific instructions concerning the salads (we wanted the dressing on the side, and other considerations. Besides that, the experience was ok.Special Features:
- FOOD WAS GREAT HOST WAS GREATOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2012FOOD WAS GREAT HOST WAS GREAT SERVER WAS OK SEEMED ANGRY LOVE THE NEW BREAD WISH WE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN MORESpecial Features:
- We went early - at 6:00 PM;OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/6/2012We went early - at 6:00 PM; the restaurant was nearly empty when we arrived. We didn't get our food until 6:40. Very slow.
- Got there before the nightclubOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2012Got there before the nightclub began so it was pretty quiet. Tried a few martinis which were pretty good, each had their own flavor. Food was nice comfort food, veal osso bucco and cioppino. Nice generous portions. Had the tiramisu for dessert. A little wierd mix with lady fingers on top and chocolate cake on bottom.Overall great experience and wait staff was very helpfulSpecial Features:
- Great martini!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2012They bill themselves for their solid martini list. I am not partial to a lot of the sweeter cocktails but the do make a good vodka martini. The ribeye was good, a bit overcooked for my tastes. The hostess did not seem like she wanted to be there and the waiter sounded like he was trying to remember the specials (excusable if he was new) but provided prompt service. Not the greatest experience in terms of service, especially considering the way that this establishment presents itself.Special Features:
- Truly enjoyed my experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Truly enjoyed my experience here. The food was excellent and our waiter was outstanding.
- Swan Song at SorrisoLuv2DineDined on 8/11/2012We've dined here before, but this was the last time we'll be here.Valet was NO WHERE to be found,seated quickly cuz the place was nearly empty (for good reason).Not only was our server absent minded, he was MIA,often seen standing at another table talking & laughing with the 2 guests.I think they were his parents. He took our order but someone else brought it. Never checked if the meal was good (it WASN'T!). Comped my martini because he forget to bring it to me (massive amounts of condensation on the glass tells me it sat at the bar for about 10 min). My halibut was dry tough and stringy..my hubbys halibut was tender and delicious. They comped my dinner cuz it was so bad. Shoulda read the reviews and gone elsewhere...
- Delicious food, great serviceCWFdiningDined on 8/11/2012Delicious food, great service and a very good wine list best summarizes this restaurant. You must try the Roasted garlic mussels apetizer-a very special treat and extremely delicious!! Other standout dishes include the Fruitte Di Mare seafood and pasta dish and the Chicken Pesto Pasta. We had the chocolate cake & fresh strawberries for desert which was ok but nothing special. All in all, a fine dining experience!Special Features:
- Great food, great outdoor diningmechiltonDined on 8/6/2012Awesome food, and great outdoor area. A bit on the high side (price) but not crazy-expensive and not out of line for the quality and ambiance.Special Features:
- Absent minded waiterNobumasaVIPDined on 7/20/2012We have been there several times. Food has been great all the time. But the waiter on this particular evening was disappointing. He seemed absent minded, did not pay much attention to our table.Special Features: