Villa Rosa Ristorante
795 Westminster Ave W
Penticton, BC V2A 1K9Neighborhood:
Penticton / Naramata
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Villa Rosa Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thevillarosa.com/
- Phone: 2504909595x
- Hours of Operation:
OPEN 7 days a week at 5:00pm - April - November
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Sicilian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We are able to:
* Accommodate parties from the size of 1 - 100 people.
* Do private luncheons or take out lunch if there are 20 or more guests.
* Put together custom menus for any size group.
- Private Party Contact: Tyler 2504909595x
A word from Villa Rosa Ristorante
The Villa Rosa opened its doors in May of 1996 in our same original location, right here at 795 Westminster Avenue West. We have built our reputation over the years by offering consistently great food & an extensive local and Italian wine list, that truly compliments our menu and makes for a unforgettable experience. We look forward to you dining with us!! CIN CINContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Villa Rosa Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Penticton / Naramata ›
Villa Rosa Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)neighborhood gem (15)great for outdoor dining (15)fit for foodies (14)romantic (12)notable wine list (10)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- BobbikozDined on 10/27/2014The food and service were really good, because it was busy the noise level was high. Had a great evening and would recommend villa rosa To everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We absolutley enjoyed our dinner at Villa Rosa restaurant. It's our favorite place, and has been for years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and AuthenticFoodnerdDined on 10/18/2014First time here as we were visiting Penticton. I ordered a Caesar salad to start and a half order of the fettuccini villa Rosa and could not finish it as it was a decent size. Dessert was awesome..chocolate mousse. Very light which was perfect to cap off the night. All their desserts are made in house!! Will definitely go back next time.Special Features:
- Celebration dinner for 4SamagainDined on 9/22/2014The food and service were exceptionally good. I highly recommend this restaurant. You must try the chocolate mousse!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Villa Rosa PentictonDatenitedinersDined on 9/8/2014Excellent restaurant dishes served were fairly quick detail to preparation (steaks overcooked) was good. Service was over the top great staff, food was delicious as served. Patio dining was perfect even on a slightly cooler evening. Highly recommend this restaurant. We will return next trip for sure.Special Features:
- mmm mmm mmmgresveldDined on 8/19/2014Excellent excellent food! ! Had the bruschetta and the veal parmesan with the penne. So good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJWFFDined on 8/10/2014The place was busy when we arrived, but we were promptly seated and waited upon. It is a small restaurant and they had ample staff. We Had several appetizers and main dishes. All were excellent and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and good staffcgyyodaDined on 8/1/2014We went for a late dinner with a BIG group (6 adults and 6 children). There were very few other tables. Our waitress seemed a bit flustered at times, however, she did a good job keeping up with us and was very patient with the confusion originated by waiting for 6 children. We later realized that we had probably stayed longer than anticipated; the staff gave no signs of being in rush to get us out the door, and fulfilled all our requests. The food was excellent! We all loved our dishes, we had options for sizes and the staff was very accommodating in this regards. The kids ate all their food and enjoyed the experience. We would definitely come back!
- OKDeskjettDined on 7/25/2014My husband and I were able to get a last minute reservation with booking online, so we were happy about that. The service was great, everyone was nice and it was decent timing. We were both a little disappointed with the food. Thought it would be a little better, I felt it was just alright. I'm sure we would go back, just may not be a first pick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food, Wine & StaffJennileahDined on 7/14/2014We have been traveling to Penticton for years for family vacations, and this is BY FAR one of the best restaurants here. Their menu is outstanding, their staff superb, and their wine list excellent...especially if enjoyed on their lush, outdoor, garden patio! We come here as many times as we can during our stay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DinerFinedinerDined on 7/14/2014Fantastic food! Portion, flavor and presentation was impressive. Great selection of wines and pleasant knowledgable servers. We had the the chicken with prawns and the veal topped with lobster and crab with a creamed curry sauce. Omg so good! Will definately be back next time we visit Penticton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINNER REVIEWpentictonlocalDined on 7/13/2014Dinner was excellent as was desert and service was greatSpecial Features:
- The following 23 reviews are from the Villa Rosa Ristorante reviews archive.
- unhappyDined on 6/29/2014Rather ordinary, I was expecting some WOW but it was not to be. I had the rack of ribs that were dry and not well flavoured. I may try again but would be sceptical about the food quality.Special Features:
- 45th Anniversary DinnerHWT1Dined on 6/27/2014Meal was great, Appy's were very good. Service was excellent, entertaining and friendly. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner ChoiceWD40Dined on 6/20/2014We treated some friends to a 'thank you' dinner at Villa Rosa on a Friday night. The restaurant and patio were both constantly active and ever changing. We spent 3 hours there and were never rushed nor delayed. The server was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. We all ordered different items from the menu and everyone appreciated a well presented and perfectly prepared meal. I would highly recommend this location for a lovely dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Nice MealRMH46Dined on 6/18/2014We eat at the Villa Rosa fairly often and always enjoy our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014The food was made with fresh ingredients and every part of all the entree's were cooked properly. The pasta and sides and veg were all cooked the way they should be. The only thing I found wrong with the food with 7 entree's ordered was that the special Prime Rib my wife ordered was a little cold and rare; but still delicious. I'm an executive Chef and I am very picky and this was food to brag about in Penticton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like Italian, you'll love ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014Lovely decor in restaurant, large, comfortable patio, great service, friendly, efficient and professional. Great menu with all the Italian classics plus several Villa Rosa specialties. Dinner was excellent, from applies to salad to the main course with a good wine list to accompany it. Looking forward to our next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but goodTiggyDined on 5/31/2014My family is not Italian so for us the food is tasty and something we wouldn't normally make for ourselves. The main issue would be the price. For what you get it's pretty expensive so this isn't somewhere you would go everyday or every week but every now and then it's nice. Also there tends to be large groups and lots of kids so it can get pretty noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great oasisdrsincDined on 4/13/2014The Villa Rosa is in a unique spot: close to the beach yet on a major street (so it's easy to access). The people are welcoming and if you get a booth it's very intimate once you're seated; if you get a regular table, it is a bit more jovial, but just as enjoyable. The food portions are sizeable: we had sufficient to have a second meal at home (lunch the next day). The food was superb with wine; the next day, the nuked version was without wine, but was just about as good. Will definitely go back, especially once the patio opens.Special Features:
- Will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Wonderful meal! Had a lovely private table for two in a corner booth, made us feel like we were the only ones there despite a couple large parties. Great service, even brought over a "tide to go" pen after a pasta incident. Decent wine list, fabulous chocolate mousse. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for a romantic date night. Generous portion sizes too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/service - nice patiodebblesDined on 6/23/2013Took family here for birthday celebration and thoroughly enjoyed sitting outside under the grapevines. Have been here several times and the food and service, as usual, was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality of food was excellent...greHappycamperDined on 3/9/2013Quality of food was excellent...great crab cakes, but dinner portions are very small, as were the tiny dessert servings.
- Always been a go-to placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013Always been a go-to place for us when we are in Penticton.Special Features:
- A wonderful place to dine.ritj2VIPDined on 2/23/2013A wonderful place to dine. Lots of food choices. Italian cuisine at it's finest. The service was excellent and the server's knowledge of the menu and wine list was exceptional. A great place for a romantic dinner or an office gathering. A must to add to your favorites.Special Features:
- First visit to this restaurantMaggie23Dined on 10/6/2012First visit to this restaurant . Very nice atmosphere, warm and friendly. The service was very good. The prime rib was prepared as requested and the OssoBucco was delicious . I would recommend the creme brûlée for dessert. A very nice evening and would definitely visit again when in Penticton.Special Features:
- We went this time with a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/22/2012We went this time with a group of 10 to celebrate a birthday. The service is very good, food has a real flair, and the dining room very "polished". As with many restaurants, the noise level can be a bit much, but this is hard to control in even the best of environments. I was a bit surprised to have essentially the same sauce on my mussels/clams starter as with my osso bucco. Other than this, this is a consistently excellent place to dine, and to dine well. Wine list represents some of the best of the S. Okanagan.Special Features:
- There were four in our partyHaylinVIPDined on 8/13/2012There were four in our party and the dishes were brought together hot - gourmet home cooking. Good Italian wine selection.Special Features:
- As always, the food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2012As always, the food and service was excellent and Tyler is a great asset!!!Special Features:
- A group of 6 of us had dinnerDaveVIPDined on 4/21/2012A group of 6 of us had dinner and wine. It was very enjoyable and they were very accomodating to our requests. We drank from their good collection of local wines and were suitably impressed. The Wine from Fairview Cellars was especially enjoyable. Service was first rate.Special Features:
- From Edmonton to Penticton,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2012From Edmonton to Penticton, this is our favorite eating establishment not only for the excellent food but for the ambiance, friendliness of the owners and the servers. Highly recommended. Top quality foods.Special Features:
- Valentine Momentritj2VIPDined on 2/14/2012We celebrated Valentine's Day at the Villa Rosa and it was a lovely, romantic evening. I have eaten here many times and the food was outstanding. The service was very personable, yet professional. Giving each lady a rose was a nice touch. I had a special gift for the men of our lives and the folks at the restaurant were very helpful in assisting me with my little surprise. Noise level was on the loud side, but, what can you expect during these busy holidays. All restaurants deal with this issue. The sounds of life - a beautiful evening. Thanks to Tyler, Nicole and staff.Special Features:
- Villa Rosa Ristorante wentJLMBDined on 12/3/2011Villa Rosa Ristorante went above and beyond to make a bad situation more tolerable--providing extra wine (which we didn't drink) and picking up the tab. There was a very loud Christmas party, so they moved us to the patio, which I imagine is fabulous in the summer, not so heavenly in the colder months. I'm a foodie and between the three of us who were dinning only one main course met expectations. Presentation of dishes were simple and not what I would expect for a 4 star restaurant, candies plunked on the table when we finished. Two main courses barely touched. Definitely not what I expected considering the reviews we researched on Open Table. If the meal had been fabulous, I might have been able to forgive booking us in during a Chri
- The atmosphere was great wineOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2011The atmosphere was great wine we ordered was out of stock a recommendation of another choice turned out well a bit of an error on the appetizer but the main meal was very good the three of us had something different and were happy with our choices. The restaurant is a wonderful place to spend an evening and never felt rushed.Special Features:
- Delicious authentic Italian,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2011Delicious authentic Italian, selections for everyone, great meals du jour, lovely patio dining with very terrific service and knowledgeable staff. Can't wait to visit again!Special Features: