43985 Hayes Road
Sterling Heights, MI 48313Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villapenna.com/
- Phone: 5865669900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 12:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Santino Polidori
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a banquet halls available for 50 - 500 people with smaller rooms through the restaurant to accommodate between 20 - 70 people. Our bocce room is available to play bocce or for private events.
- Private Party Contact: Danielle 5865669900
A word from Villa Penna
In business since 1968, our new location has been open since 1995 to bring you authentic Italian food. Come in to play bocce and enjoy dinner and drinks. We can accommodate all your needs from 2 - 500.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Villa Penna reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (10)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (6)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- excellent atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Should be perfect for romantic atmosphere and weddings and sweetest day n valentine daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointed with ServiceEvonDined on 10/15/2014The food was good our service was not great. Some in our group of 7 wanted dessert and coffee after dinner. The waitress took the coffee order and said she would bring us a dessert menu. We were waiting and waiting and finally we asked another waitress if we could at least have our coffee or find our wait person. More time went by and still no service. Then I asked a young man that was clearing a table to please find our waitress. Finally someone came over to the table and poured coffee, but still no dessert menu. One of the ladies in our party asked for the manager. The manager apologized and gave each of us a coupon for a dessert or appetizer the next time we visited. Really -- why not free coffee or dessert on the spot.Special Features:
- jtdiloDined on 9/30/2014Enjoyed our visit immensely. Food and service wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodGreatitalianDined on 9/14/2014The family loved the Italian dishes especially the steak impanta dish. Definitely a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Penna night outSkibanffDined on 9/12/2014Penna restruant is in my parents neighborhood and we eeLly enjoyed it. The fillet mignon was excellent and service was great. Jeromy did am excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good SteaksAnniecDined on 9/6/2014The fillet was probably the best I ever had. I ordered it Medium Rare and it was perfect. My husband had the Italian New York Strip and really enjoyed it. We would go back and try some pasta dishes.Special Features:
- My Birthday MealDinesOnDimesDined on 9/4/2014My husband and I went here for my birthday meal. It was very nice. Our waitress was in training, but she was so sweet! She kept our drinks refilled and our food came in a very timely manner. We did not wait for the next course, she had it ready as soon as we were ready for the next dish. Also, there was a group in the room when we went, but they have a really interesting Bocce Ball court. That looked like fun, and great for all ages and groups of all sizes. The building itself was very nice, with hardwood everywhere. It was nice without being overstated. My husband and I had soup, salad, and the main course without breaking $35 before tip. I thought this was a great price for the food and atmosphere we had.Special Features:
- RalphRalphDined on 8/28/2014The service was excellent and the food was fantastic. I enjoyed the fact that I am served both soup and salad with my dinner.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprisedGaryDDined on 8/15/2014We had an early dinner before going to Freedom Hill to see Tony Bennett, so the restaurant wasn't very busy, but as we were leaving the people started flocking in. The decor was rich yet pleasant. The service right on; not too fussy but aware of what we we needed and when. I'd recommend this to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CDIIVIPDined on 8/10/2014This was our first time to this restaurant. The food is excellent - classic Italian nicely done. We ordered appetizers all of which were good-tasting, especially the calamari - one of the best I've had than in any other restaurant in town. I had the veal scallopini which was very tender and the sauce light and flavorful. Everybody in my party enjoyed their dinner. They commented on how fresh all their dishes tasted, especially the pasta. Portions are sizeable and the food quality and taste are excellent. Our waiter Fabio was fantastic - very attentive and friendly. The hostess was especially kind as she accommodated our party even though there was a mixup with the reservation. We will all definitely be back.Special Features:
- Italian at its besttravdin6Dined on 7/5/2014We had a great time and the food was EXCELLANT .Service was great and so were the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 26 reviews are from the Villa Penna reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Everything was good except: I ordered the Fettuccine and the pasta stuck together. I cut it with my fork instead of twirling it because it wouldn't twirl. Also the Italian music, though good, was too loud. My party and I had to speak loud to hear each other. Otherwise it was a good experience. Oh, one more thing..on our bill there was a "rounding fee" of 2 cents. We asked the waitress and she didn't know what it was either. We paid it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMarcDined on 6/7/2014Villa Penna served us great filet minion. The quantity of the side items was surprisingly low for a $27.00 meal.Special Features:
- What a surprise!willtravelforgoodfoodVIPDined on 6/6/2014We wanted to go somewhere we had never been. Went to Open Table to look through Detroit restaurants and saw Villa Penna. We are west-siders but will go far for a good meal. We were so pleasantly surprised. From the time we walked through the front door until we left, we felt as welcomed as if we were regulars. Our waitress -- Rebecca -- could not have been more helpful. Her suggestions were spot on. We were also pleased with the quality and pricing of the wine list. One of the excellent wines we had recently at another restaurant (for $35 a bottle) was priced at $21. The food was outstanding. We ordinarily do not take food home -- but it was too good to leave. The entire experience was absolutely worth the 50 minute drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Found to the food to be very good. A pleasant surprise as that I had no knowledge of placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendstravdin6Dined on 5/17/2014It was great as always every one was happy .We will be back you know how to please guests.Special Features:
- anniversary celebrationColombianItaliancoupleDined on 5/9/2014had a great experience at villa penna. the food and were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014Good value for the money. Food came quickly despite the fact that they were very busy. Great bread. Large portions. Service was efficient even though they were very busy.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Waiter was excellent and attentive. Chicken Parm was excellent as was the prime rib dinners. Overall a great place for dinner.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceCarolDined on 3/22/2014I took my boyfriend to Villa Penna this past Saturday for his birthday. The service was fantastic, the food was awesome (and plentiful), and their birthday cake was yummy. The time from arrival to ordering to soup to salad to dinner to dessert was just right. We were never stuck waiting but we did not feel rushed either. Both of our meals were great, including the soup and salad. I would highly recommend Villa Penna and we'll definitely good back again.Special Features:
- dinnerTommyDined on 3/7/2014The overall experience was exactly what we expected. Very good quality food at a very reasonable price. All four of our meals were very good. My wife's salmon was cooked just right. My son had the filet which he really liked.Special Features:
- A pleasant neighborhood surprisedikmyrDined on 2/15/2014Much better than I had expected for this large a restaurant-really excellent Italian food,equal to any other Detroit Italian . I can think of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine DinnerCeeCeeDined on 2/14/2014Thank you Open Table! I made reservation for Valentine's Day dinner and I am so glad I did. The wait without a reservation was 3 hours. Even though we still had a wait a little bit I didn't mind. The hostesses were patient and courteous with so many guests waiting for tables. I was worried our dinner was going to be subpar due to the busy night. I was surprised how delicious it was and the service was great.Special Features:
- Great Service! Great Food!MikeRDined on 2/14/2014Valentines Day 2014. My wife and I booked via OT. When we walked in the restaurant was PACKED! We were greated by a bright smile and we're sat within 5 minutes of our reaso. The food was great and the service from Rebecca was even better. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianAlabamanDined on 2/13/2014Wanted a great Italian place since there's none in Alabama. Penna's really fit the bill. It was excellent.Special Features:
- A quiet cold winter nightarkie20Dined on 2/6/2014On a quiet, cold winter evening, Villa Penna was perfect to cure our cabin fever. The food is terrific and I love the ambience. Of course the service was perfect. Bianca was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeStacyDined on 1/31/2014Great food, good taste , nice service. The host area was the only unorganized place. Seems like it is family operated. Great place. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the relaxed feel ofmissnyciDined on 1/26/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place...just enough Intimacy without feeling isolated. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The filet mignon was to die for. Service was well-timed and friendly, drinks were affordable."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server forgot about usSBI2Dined on 12/6/2013Our server forgot about us at times, and we had to ask another server questions about some menu items. Then we waited some time before our server returned so that we could order dinner. Food was good, service was fair. Would recommend to others for dining, but with a caveat about the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to party place!FoodieDined on 11/23/2013I really enjoy that when I have to pull together a family party Penna's is always a friendly place with consistently great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Service good just okLikeitgoodDined on 11/2/2013We loved our device there but was a bit disappointed in the good. They have the best soup but the rest was just ok nothing special. Was hoping for a really good meal but was just an ok one.Special Features:
- Not what I expected!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2013Very disappointed. My chicken piccante was supposed to be a lemon sauce and it was chicken and gravy. My husbands pasta and sausage was tasteless, I couldn't recognize the tiramisu was unrecognizable and tasted like a bad torte, my espresso was one sip and the waiter could care less. He didn't even offer cream. The food tasted like bad hall food. I'm amazed they're still open. If you can imagine, Olive Garden is better. I never thought I'd say that!! Oh and I was stuck staring at an awful portrait of the Bernstein family. They really should get some decent art!
- Marginal at bestFoodieDined on 7/27/2013My dinner was good but my colleagues' dinners weren't good. The pasta dishes had way too much sauce and the ravioli wasnt good. The meatballs were very spicey; the veal picatta looked and tasted awful. So becareful what you order.Special Features:
- Out dated, no personalityFamilyDined on 7/26/2013Very bad experience food cold, no taste, put dated plating, stale bread. No service. Would not recommend. If you like very cheap tasting banquet food at expensive prices the you will love this place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good. prices arexman887VIPDined on 3/15/2013food was good. prices are reasonable. service was spotty - courses were not timed well and some people got food while others waited.Special Features:
- Very disappointed. Went onRelaxingDined on 2/14/2013Very disappointed. Went on Valentines Day and even though they have a fabulous banquet meal, the dinner we experienced was very disappointing. The staff working were very, young and not to mention inexperienced. Waitor did not know the menu or the specials and could not even explain them after he went and asked someone. I probably will not have dinner there again unless its an event.Special Features:
- Just ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/12/2013I've been to Villa Penna for the wine dinner and for a private party and thought it was worth the 1.5 hours one way drive from home to the restaurant. However, this particular night was off. Jeremiah was our waiter and he was working very hard, however, he seemed to be alone out there....there were many other servers standing around, gabbing and basically leaving him to fend for himself. The lamb chops were delicious, but each of the four were done to varying degrees (very well done to very rare)...this may be how they do it, but it would have been nice to know. I recommend Villa Penna, but am disappointed with my experience this time. It will be a while before I make the hike again, I'm afraid.