4515 Travis Street
Dallas, TX 75205Neighborhood:
Knox / Henderson
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villaorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2147801880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincenzo Indelcato
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Villa O
This neighborhood trattoria features classic Italian cusine, produced with the freshest natural ingredients. If available, everything is made with 100% organic, pasture-raised, wild, or imported products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Villa O - Best Restaurants in Knox / Henderson ›
Villa O reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (40)great for brunch (34)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (15)hot spot (13)romantic (12)notable wine list (10)special occasion (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Favorite Brunch in TownRopoDined on 8/10/2014Great service. Never keeps you waiting longer than necessary for food, beverage refills, placing order, etc. Villa-O is always my go-to restaurant for out of town guests. Never disappoints. Food is consistently good and bottomless special is best deal in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RioGrandeDined on 8/9/2014This was our second visit. The food is reliably good - and healthy. The service was excellent. We combined the evening with a little shopping in Knox Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute spaceGA2TXDined on 8/1/2014The restaurant was very cute. Loved the outdoor dining. Servers were very friendly. The food I felt was good just a tad on the sweet side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VibrantFIFIVIPDined on 7/27/2014The food and service were great and the vibe was fun for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentParkCitiesFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Overall the food was good. The eggplant parmean is great (It is the same as the old Sfuzzi). The fried Calamari with peppers was about 2/3 peppers and not much Calamari. Also the Vodka sause pasta was overyly sweet and creamy, almost uneatable. There are many good items on the menu, but there needs to more improvement before I will come back.Special Features:
- Bottomless Brunch, enough said!ltd0713Dined on 7/26/2014$10 bottomless mimosa, Bloody Mary and bellinis! You don't have to choose just one, you can have however many of each you want. I had the egg white omelet with spinach, mushrooms and goat cheese. It came with breakfast potatoes and two slices of fruit. It was a decent omelet and the fruit was ripe. I didn't try the potatoes because they looked like they had butter on them and I'm allergic to cow dairy. One tip, if you sit outside in the summer ask for the bellinis on ice (it is not frozen like other places) because the drink warms quickly and isn't quite as good. Basically for a little over $20 before tip I had plenty of tasty beverages and a large omelet for brunch. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Villo O - Our First VisitNonaDined on 7/25/2014I truly enjoyed our evening there. My husband and I split everything - appetizer, salad and main course. They brought it out plated for each of us and the service was fantastic. The food was fresh and very tasty. I would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy SevysBlairDined on 7/25/2014We took at out of town friend to Sevys for dinner. Excellent food--the special was surf and turf, with a small lobster tail and a small filet. Drinks were nicely done, and service excellent.Special Features:
- Nice Eye Candy.CKlekarDined on 7/20/2014Small brunch menu. Mediocre food. Was a big let down since I had heard nothing but rave reviews from my friends about brunch. I had a Caprese salad that was just chunks of mozzarella and tomato, each should have been sliced and drizzled with EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar and topped with fresh basil. My shrimp crepes was just OK. On a good note, good bottomless mimosas and excellent people watching.Special Features:
- Best BRUNCH in DallasAndrewPettkeDined on 7/20/2014Great drink specials + awesome food! This is hands-down our favorite place to bring guests for BRUNCH. Their food is always tasty, fresh & they have great healthier options. Great, energetic lunch crowd makes for great people watching, too!Special Features:
- Nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014We visit here a lot for the great patio and the food. Organic choices, handmade pastas, good Neapolitan pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outingGoodtimesDined on 7/17/2014I went here with a friend this week and had a great time. We went early so were able to take advantage of happy specials. Our favorite dish was hands down the mussels. I was tempted to order a second order; just yummy. We had the Italian salad also which was light and tasty. I wish dessert options were a bit more plentiful but none the less we will definitely be back to try more things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Out!GirlTalkDined on 7/14/2014We went on a Monday night and sat outside on the patio. The weather was perfect and we had a wonderful evening! The food was amazing, soo delicious! The bread they serve there is amazing. Be careful you don't eat so much you fill up! Their house wine was delicious. Pair it with good company and you have a fantastic evening!Special Features:
- Nice for a romantic eveningWMReidDined on 7/11/2014We had a wonderful time at Villa O. The food was wonderful. We shared a couple of appetizers - Tuna TarTar and Calamari - both were great. Thought the wine list contained mostly lesser known brands, I chose based on vineyard location, Anderson Valley, and was pleasantly surprised since this was a moderately priced wine on their list. I didn't go wrong choosing this wine. We ate very little of the main courses but they were great the next day - ravioli and lasagna. The dessert was eaten entirely. A great place for a birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodDallasfoodieVIPDined on 7/9/2014Tuna crudo appetizer was great. Pinot was so so and really dislike the new brand of sparkling water they've changed to.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the vodka sauceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This is a great Italian restaurant. You don't get typical plates that are way too big and over sauced like many Italian places. The decor and atmosphere is great as well. Definitely a top date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to relaxNicedallasguy25VIPDined on 6/15/2014Villa-O has always been one of my favorite places to go for brunch ever since I was introduced to their chicken and waffles--which I'd argue may be the best in the area--the food always tastes fresh and service has always been prompt and friendly. The place is always alive and busy for brunch. At dinner time, Villa-O tends to be much quiter, well suited for a glass of wine with a friend or two to relax.Special Features:
- StellaDined on 6/14/2014The food at Villa O was okay. The best thing was an appetizer we had that was not not italian, but more asian in flavoring. Our server was nice, but brought dirty wine glasses to the table and then took quite a while to bring clean ones. After reading reviews we were expecting outstanding food, but it was just okay. Nothing over the top great, nothing that was horrible either. There weren't full so the delay in bringing the wine glasses seemed very unnecessary. The server said he was polishing them. We won't be returning there.
- Good dinnerjulidearDined on 6/13/2014Restaurant is replacing A/C units, so it is very warm in some spots. We had to move from the table where we were seated. The restaurant was not busy on a Friday night, which concerned us. But the food was delicious and ample. Our waiter did a nice job, but the support staff not so much! I think a good re-training on basic service is in order. By the time we left at 8:30, the restaurant was still mostly empty...odd for the Knox-Henderson area on a Friday night. The patio was pretty active and is apparently pet friendly.Special Features:
- wouldn't go backCallieannDined on 6/8/2014Way too noisy, and the food was so-so. Rather disappointed as the ambience is quite nice. Outdoor seating is great. Nice place to have a drink after work, especially if the weather is nice. Now, I have had dinner there in the past and it wasn't as noisy, and, as I recall, the food was better then.Special Features:
- ConfoundedMarioDallasVIPDined on 5/29/2014The waiter kept rushing us even though the restaurant was almost empty. We were clear that we were not in a hurry and he acted as though it were the lunch time rush. My lasagnette was only warm. The waiter never filled our wine glasses and we had to call him over to get another bottle.
- My go-to Dallas brunch spotRealistDined on 5/18/2014Great service and great food like always. I entertained three out-of-town guests this weekend. They're still talking about how much they enjoyed brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Service in DallasDallasCriticVIPDined on 5/14/2014We were the only ones in the restaurant and our server was horrible! Inattentive and aloof. The food, however, made up for the horrible service. You can never go wrong with the food at Villa-OSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014We have been going to villa-o since it opened. It has been a good place to go when we have 6-8 people. Good food and reasonably priced. Great atmosphere. This time there were 7 of us and not one meal was good. The waitress was mediocre at best
- Great EastermdporterDined on 4/20/2014Though the earliest we could get a table was 2:30, we had a great time. Jade is an amazing server. She made the afternoon even more enjoyable. I always have a great experience at Villa-OSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 568 reviews are from the Villa O reviews archive.
- nice outdoor seatingkdbensonVIPDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter Brunch. Had challah french toast and ricotta blueberry pancakes with side of potatoes and turkey bacon. French toast was good-nothing amazing but good. Pancakes were way overcooked so very hard on the outside. Turkey bacon was as expected but the potatoes were delicious! They were seasoned with something and then there was a slight crispy outside so they were really tasty! Really nice large outdoor seating area! It was a beautiful day so even though the food was just "ok" we would definitely go back and recommend. Easter is always a hard one to judge a restaurant . Bottomless Mimosas and Bellinis were great!(not just juice!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome fresh foodRickDined on 4/19/2014Great atmosphere, open to the outside, exciting A's vibrant patio scene, delicious fresh fishes and pasta. Server was not attentive and messed up the Bill. Don't let that stop you from enjoying this great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly What I Was Hoping ForrichneasonDined on 4/18/2014I just moved into this neighborhood and I wanted to treat my parents to a nice dinner. I've walked past Villa O several times and thought it seemed sufficiently fancy enough for the occasion. My first impression is the patio. That whole street is lined with patio restaurants and it provides a very pleasant atmosphere. We opted to eat inside, which was also very nice. I expected a little bit of snobbishness from the staff, but we found them all to be very friendly and accommodating. And the food was delicious. I'm not much of a food critic, so I won't try to elaborate, but it was all very good and we very much enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work Trip FindStephanieCDined on 4/13/2014Was searching for something tasty on a recent work trip. This place did not disappoint. My cucumber salad and pizza were both delish and the lasagna my coworker had he was very happy with. Our server was very pleasant and attentive. Beautiful interior.Special Features:
- Love Villa OOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/13/2014We dine at Villa O very frequently and have only had delicious meals and fantastic serviceSpecial Features:
- Ordered sea bass and paidOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Ordered sea bass and paid for sea bass - got tilapia
- Spice mistakeNotgreatanymoreDined on 4/7/2014The place used to be really good. We recently dined there and one of the dishes was terrible. The cook must have accidently put cinnamon in a white wine pasta sauce (pasta with lobster). After telling our server, they told us they would fix it. However, the same dish came back, they just added tomato sauce to mask the cinnamon flavor (which the cook did not succeed in doing). So sad to see this place go downhill. With so many restaurants to choose from in Dallas, we won't be coming back here.Special Features:
- Great for BrunchMeghanVIPDined on 3/23/2014We consistently select Villa O for brunch, because it has great food and drinks, and is one of few places that accepts reservations (for brunch). Great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had brunch here with a friendLuvingLifeDined on 3/22/2014I had brunch here with a friend - the food was great and the prices are excellent. We both had the omelette and fruit, and we were both surprised at how much food we got for the low price. I highly recommend making a reservation as it is very busy. Their Sunday brunch 3-entree, kids under 15 eat free is an excellent deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Brunch with the girls!PS0507Dined on 3/22/2014I have been to Villa O for their weekend brunch many times. I have to say on Saturday I was disappointed with the wait time for our table (yes, we had reservations) and my food. Of course, the drinks were great as usual. I ordered the Neapolitan Pizza (cheese pizza). I had it once before and it was great. Not so much this time. Every other slice had no cheese, way too much olive oil, and the bottom of the crust was charred (but not in a good way). Overall, we had a good time. I will be going back, but I think I'll skip the pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Scallops in DallasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2014We keep coming back with friends for the fennel encrusted scallops. They also serve Hook and Ladder Chardonnay by the glass if you don't have enough people to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to Back NightsClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 3/12/2014Back to back nights should tell you something. Friend and I started with some good tasting Malbac. Salads were our starters. Dinner was an awesome chicken and pasta in a meat sauce. Good place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my Fav place in DallasClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 3/11/2014Came in with four special friends. For three of them it was their first time and they truly enjoyed it. Excellent starters and the fish specials and pasta were the main dishes. All great service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchSteveDined on 3/1/2014Come here for brunch all the time. Drink specials are $10 all you can drink mimosa, Bellini, bloody Mary, probably a couple of others I can't recall... you can change drinks too and try all the ones they offer. Service and food is good. It can get a bit loud inside so if the weather is good, opt for their great patio. If you don't have a reservation on weekend the wait can get pretty long but I made reservations the last couple of times and had practically no wait at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, VO delivers....MarkVIPDined on 2/23/2014Outstanding dining experience, as always! Villa O has a great bottomless mimosa, bellini, sfuzzi and bloody mary option for around 10 per person and it's well worth it. Good food as well as a great atmosphere make VO a favorite for Sunday Brunch. And if so inclined, they also do it (brunch) on Friday and Saturday as well. As for Jade, she's a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.