4515 Travis Street
Dallas, TX 75205Neighborhood:
Knox / Henderson
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villaorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2147801880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 10:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincenzo Indelcato
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Villa O
This neighborhood trattoria features classic Italian cusine, produced with the freshest natural ingredients. If available, everything is made with 100% organic, pasture-raised, wild, or imported products.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Villa O - Best Restaurants in Knox / Henderson ›
Villa O reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (46)great for brunch (32)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (17)hot spot (15)romantic (13)notable wine list (12)special occasion (7)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (1)Show More
- Very good organic food.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014My Salmon was great and my husband loved his special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta pasta pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The pasta was super fresh, everyone enjoyed their meal. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YikesCinnamonDined on 9/6/2014had been looking forward to trying this place but it was just a terrible experience. We waited forever for drinks, appetizers, water refills and eventually entrees. We both ordered pizzas and they were fine but not great. There was also no soap or toilet paper in the women's bathroom. These guys just skipped on all the basics.
- Excellent MealFineDinerDined on 9/6/2014Our food was very good and the service was ok. The waiter was too friendly telling too many stories and his history. His cappuccino making skill is definitely lacking. He used the wrong drink ware and they were watery. In the past we have had outstanding service and after dinner drinks so we will give them a pass on this one. It is still one of our favorite spots.Special Features:
- Great as always.GinaDined on 9/6/2014Villa O always serves wonderful food. It's one of our favorite places to eat.Special Features:
- Chicken Waffles!!Urban4Dined on 8/30/2014While visiting from a small town in Kansas, our son who recently moved to Uptown Dallas recommended Villa-O. He declared we had to try the chicken waffles! They were SUPERB!! What a great treat and a change of pace! We loved the atmosphere and the nice out door dining. enjoyed the mimosas and bloody mary's with our brunch as well! We will certainly make Villa-O a regular stop while visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unlimited beverages why yes!mytsexy1Dined on 8/24/2014I love the Bloody Mary's. The Bagels and Lox make me miss the little deli's in NY and the chicken and waffles will make you hurt yourself it is such a big portion with just the right crisp. WowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch Spot!DeterminedDemetriaDined on 8/23/2014Villa-O has a great ambiance, nice covered patio seating and a friendly staff. The chicken and waffles are to die for and you can't beat the $10 unlimited mimosas, suffuzi's, bloody mary's and peach bellini's.Special Features:
- Favorite Brunch in TownRopoDined on 8/10/2014Great service. Never keeps you waiting longer than necessary for food, beverage refills, placing order, etc. Villa-O is always my go-to restaurant for out of town guests. Never disappoints. Food is consistently good and bottomless special is best deal in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RioGrandeDined on 8/9/2014This was our second visit. The food is reliably good - and healthy. The service was excellent. We combined the evening with a little shopping in Knox Village.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch!explorediningDined on 8/3/2014We have established a tradition of taking two different friends for Birthday brunch at Villa-O the past couple of years, as well as visiting friends. Nathan has been our server the past several times and he is excellent! My friends and I had the shrimp crepes and they were the best I've ever had! My husband had steak and eggs and loved it! The bottomless Mimosas, Bellini s, and Bloody Mary's top off the experience, and the cheesecake (with a lit candle for the birthday "girl") was light, not too sweet, making it the perfect dessert. Villa-O is our "go-to" brunch restaurant. We live in Denton and it's well worth the drive.Special Features:
- Cute spaceGA2TXDined on 8/1/2014The restaurant was very cute. Loved the outdoor dining. Servers were very friendly. The food I felt was good just a tad on the sweet side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VibrantFIFIVIPDined on 7/27/2014The food and service were great and the vibe was fun for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- InconsistentParkCitiesFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014Overall the food was good. The eggplant parmean is great (It is the same as the old Sfuzzi). The fried Calamari with peppers was about 2/3 peppers and not much Calamari. Also the Vodka sause pasta was overyly sweet and creamy, almost uneatable. There are many good items on the menu, but there needs to more improvement before I will come back.Special Features:
- Bottomless Brunch, enough said!ltd0713Dined on 7/26/2014$10 bottomless mimosa, Bloody Mary and bellinis! You don't have to choose just one, you can have however many of each you want. I had the egg white omelet with spinach, mushrooms and goat cheese. It came with breakfast potatoes and two slices of fruit. It was a decent omelet and the fruit was ripe. I didn't try the potatoes because they looked like they had butter on them and I'm allergic to cow dairy. One tip, if you sit outside in the summer ask for the bellinis on ice (it is not frozen like other places) because the drink warms quickly and isn't quite as good. Basically for a little over $20 before tip I had plenty of tasty beverages and a large omelet for brunch. I'll be back!Special Features:
- Villo O - Our First VisitNonaDined on 7/25/2014I truly enjoyed our evening there. My husband and I split everything - appetizer, salad and main course. They brought it out plated for each of us and the service was fantastic. The food was fresh and very tasty. I would recommend to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy SevysBlairDined on 7/25/2014We took at out of town friend to Sevys for dinner. Excellent food--the special was surf and turf, with a small lobster tail and a small filet. Drinks were nicely done, and service excellent.Special Features:
- Nice Eye Candy.CKlekarDined on 7/20/2014Small brunch menu. Mediocre food. Was a big let down since I had heard nothing but rave reviews from my friends about brunch. I had a Caprese salad that was just chunks of mozzarella and tomato, each should have been sliced and drizzled with EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar and topped with fresh basil. My shrimp crepes was just OK. On a good note, good bottomless mimosas and excellent people watching.Special Features:
- Best BRUNCH in DallasAndrewPettkeDined on 7/20/2014Great drink specials + awesome food! This is hands-down our favorite place to bring guests for BRUNCH. Their food is always tasty, fresh & they have great healthier options. Great, energetic lunch crowd makes for great people watching, too!Special Features:
- Nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014We visit here a lot for the great patio and the food. Organic choices, handmade pastas, good Neapolitan pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outingGoodtimesDined on 7/17/2014I went here with a friend this week and had a great time. We went early so were able to take advantage of happy specials. Our favorite dish was hands down the mussels. I was tempted to order a second order; just yummy. We had the Italian salad also which was light and tasty. I wish dessert options were a bit more plentiful but none the less we will definitely be back to try more things on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night Out!GirlTalkDined on 7/14/2014We went on a Monday night and sat outside on the patio. The weather was perfect and we had a wonderful evening! The food was amazing, soo delicious! The bread they serve there is amazing. Be careful you don't eat so much you fill up! Their house wine was delicious. Pair it with good company and you have a fantastic evening!Special Features:
- Nice for a romantic eveningWMReidDined on 7/11/2014We had a wonderful time at Villa O. The food was wonderful. We shared a couple of appetizers - Tuna TarTar and Calamari - both were great. Thought the wine list contained mostly lesser known brands, I chose based on vineyard location, Anderson Valley, and was pleasantly surprised since this was a moderately priced wine on their list. I didn't go wrong choosing this wine. We ate very little of the main courses but they were great the next day - ravioli and lasagna. The dessert was eaten entirely. A great place for a birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodDallasfoodieVIPDined on 7/9/2014Tuna crudo appetizer was great. Pinot was so so and really dislike the new brand of sparkling water they've changed to.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the vodka sauceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014This is a great Italian restaurant. You don't get typical plates that are way too big and over sauced like many Italian places. The decor and atmosphere is great as well. Definitely a top date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to relaxNicedallasguy25VIPDined on 6/15/2014Villa-O has always been one of my favorite places to go for brunch ever since I was introduced to their chicken and waffles--which I'd argue may be the best in the area--the food always tastes fresh and service has always been prompt and friendly. The place is always alive and busy for brunch. At dinner time, Villa-O tends to be much quiter, well suited for a glass of wine with a friend or two to relax.Special Features:
- StellaDined on 6/14/2014The food at Villa O was okay. The best thing was an appetizer we had that was not not italian, but more asian in flavoring. Our server was nice, but brought dirty wine glasses to the table and then took quite a while to bring clean ones. After reading reviews we were expecting outstanding food, but it was just okay. Nothing over the top great, nothing that was horrible either. There weren't full so the delay in bringing the wine glasses seemed very unnecessary. The server said he was polishing them. We won't be returning there.
- Good dinnerjulidearDined on 6/13/2014Restaurant is replacing A/C units, so it is very warm in some spots. We had to move from the table where we were seated. The restaurant was not busy on a Friday night, which concerned us. But the food was delicious and ample. Our waiter did a nice job, but the support staff not so much! I think a good re-training on basic service is in order. By the time we left at 8:30, the restaurant was still mostly empty...odd for the Knox-Henderson area on a Friday night. The patio was pretty active and is apparently pet friendly.Special Features:
- wouldn't go backCallieannDined on 6/8/2014Way too noisy, and the food was so-so. Rather disappointed as the ambience is quite nice. Outdoor seating is great. Nice place to have a drink after work, especially if the weather is nice. Now, I have had dinner there in the past and it wasn't as noisy, and, as I recall, the food was better then.Special Features:
- The following 572 reviews are from the Villa O reviews archive.
- ConfoundedMarioDallasVIPDined on 5/29/2014The waiter kept rushing us even though the restaurant was almost empty. We were clear that we were not in a hurry and he acted as though it were the lunch time rush. My lasagnette was only warm. The waiter never filled our wine glasses and we had to call him over to get another bottle.
- My go-to Dallas brunch spotRealistDined on 5/18/2014Great service and great food like always. I entertained three out-of-town guests this weekend. They're still talking about how much they enjoyed brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst Service in DallasDallasCriticVIPDined on 5/14/2014We were the only ones in the restaurant and our server was horrible! Inattentive and aloof. The food, however, made up for the horrible service. You can never go wrong with the food at Villa-OSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014We have been going to villa-o since it opened. It has been a good place to go when we have 6-8 people. Good food and reasonably priced. Great atmosphere. This time there were 7 of us and not one meal was good. The waitress was mediocre at best
- Great EastermdporterDined on 4/20/2014Though the earliest we could get a table was 2:30, we had a great time. Jade is an amazing server. She made the afternoon even more enjoyable. I always have a great experience at Villa-OSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice outdoor seatingkdbensonVIPDined on 4/20/2014Went for Easter Brunch. Had challah french toast and ricotta blueberry pancakes with side of potatoes and turkey bacon. French toast was good-nothing amazing but good. Pancakes were way overcooked so very hard on the outside. Turkey bacon was as expected but the potatoes were delicious! They were seasoned with something and then there was a slight crispy outside so they were really tasty! Really nice large outdoor seating area! It was a beautiful day so even though the food was just "ok" we would definitely go back and recommend. Easter is always a hard one to judge a restaurant . Bottomless Mimosas and Bellinis were great!(not just juice!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome fresh foodRickDined on 4/19/2014Great atmosphere, open to the outside, exciting A's vibrant patio scene, delicious fresh fishes and pasta. Server was not attentive and messed up the Bill. Don't let that stop you from enjoying this great restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exactly What I Was Hoping ForrichneasonDined on 4/18/2014I just moved into this neighborhood and I wanted to treat my parents to a nice dinner. I've walked past Villa O several times and thought it seemed sufficiently fancy enough for the occasion. My first impression is the patio. That whole street is lined with patio restaurants and it provides a very pleasant atmosphere. We opted to eat inside, which was also very nice. I expected a little bit of snobbishness from the staff, but we found them all to be very friendly and accommodating. And the food was delicious. I'm not much of a food critic, so I won't try to elaborate, but it was all very good and we very much enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work Trip FindStephanieCDined on 4/13/2014Was searching for something tasty on a recent work trip. This place did not disappoint. My cucumber salad and pizza were both delish and the lasagna my coworker had he was very happy with. Our server was very pleasant and attentive. Beautiful interior.Special Features:
- Love Villa OOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/13/2014We dine at Villa O very frequently and have only had delicious meals and fantastic serviceSpecial Features:
- Ordered sea bass and paidOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/12/2014Ordered sea bass and paid for sea bass - got tilapia