5121 Arctic Blvd
Anchorage, AK 99503Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://villanovaalaska.com/
- Phone: 9075611660
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, French
- Executive Chef: Chef Giorgio Chrimat
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call for details.
- Entertainment: Shawn Lyons plays classical guitar Friday and Saturday evenings.
A word from Villa Nova
For over three decades, Chef Giorgio has prepared excellent cuisine in Alaska: fresh ingredients, fresh seafood, homemade pasta, steaks veal and homemade European pastries and desserts.Continued
Where locals like to go!
Where locals like to go!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Villa Nova reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Valentines dinner, GreatSWEETDined on 2/14/2014Great Valentines dinner, Great Food, Great Service and Good wine list. Villa Nova is small and has been here for many years.Special Features:
- Absolutely perfect dinnerluv2eatDined on 2/14/2014Absolutely perfect dinner for Valentine's Day. The service and food is always great - couldn't have been happier with this tremendous restaurant!Special Features:
- Best Italian Place in Anchorage, AKOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2014Calamari is awesome. Food take a while to get to you but good food takes time. You can tell everything is made fresh and not from a frozen box.Special Features:
- Off its gameSusieDined on 1/18/2014Usually enjoy Villa Nova but the sever was short-tempered, rushed & rude. The salads were below par.Special Features:
- DisappointingafanDined on 1/14/2014Decided to do appetizers and a salad. The bruschetta was awful; overwhelmed with tomatoes, which the bread could not stand up to, making the bread soggy, and there was little else in the way of seasoning. The gnocchi was bland. For the prices charged, it was quite disappointing.Special Features:
- Great foodPaulVIPDined on 1/4/2014Great food, as always, and plenty of garlic dishes! Nice ambiance with live acoustical guitar playing in the background.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty, but priceyellenhooperDined on 1/4/2014The food was good, as always, but quite pricey. $28 for an appetizer of calamari, and $7.50 for five dollar sized pieces of bread with sauce and cheese on them, about the equivalent of a slice of bread. Dinner was yummy, and staff was friendly. Meal for 5 adults, no drinks, came to $215.Special Features:
- Best Italian food in town!JenCDined on 12/28/2013We usually have a bit if a wait for our entrees, but it is worth the wait! You can't rush perfection. :) This is a place to go to enjoy a bottle of wine with good company and good conversation. If you're planning to see a movie after dinner - don't bother. The staff is friendly and the owner - I just want to hug! This place is about reflection over great food, not stuffing your face and rushing you out the door. Take the time to slow down from the face pace of your hectic life and have a spivey meatball! ...and leave your smartphone at home :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It has been too long...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2013Excellent wine list, with good range of prices. Entrees were delightful and creative. Osso Buco and Tournados of Beef with Blue Cheese and Pistachio Cream Sauce were outstanding. It has been a number of years since we have dined at Villa Nova. Our loss. The strip mall location is more than offset by excellent service and offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food worth the waitGomerDined on 12/13/2013As the sign at Villa Nova says, "Good food takes time." It seems we waited a bit longer than anticipated, but the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!!AlaskamoDined on 12/7/2013Six of us had dinner at Villa Nova on a Saturday night. This place could fast become one of my favorites! Everyone in our party raved about the food. Our sever, Jay, was fabulous. We were there for over 2 1/2 hrs and never felt rushed to leave on a busy Saturday night. Be sure to have dessert! They have an extensive, and tasty, dessert list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!CCSSDined on 12/3/2013Over the years we have never been disappointed at Villanova. The food, wine, and service have always been very good. The only thing to be aware of is that during the winter it is a bit too cool, especially if you have a table adjacent to the windows. I don't believe it's Georgio's fault, I think it is just the building. However, it doesn't keep us from going back because we just have to dress for the occasion. Another great evening with friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfectoJacobDined on 11/23/2013non ho potuto chiedere un servizio di ristorazione meglio la mia esperienza a Villa NovaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 suggestionsbreakinbreadDined on 11/20/2013Caesar salad was small for price -8 dollars disappointing and nothing to write home about/ white wine selection not too impressive-marinara best I have ever hadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couples dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/16/2013We went to celebrate our friends wedding, it was a wonderful evening, not to crowded. The food was great and we didn't feel rushed at all. I would definantly go againSpecial Features:
- Lasagna need some helpAlaska7133Dined on 11/15/2013Everything at our table for 4 was great except for my husband's lasagna. It was soupy and had very few noodles. It was extremely greasy too. Not sure what happened since everything else was excellent. The restaurant is quiet and easy to have a nice conversation. Cozy and warm.Special Features:
- New FoodieNewFoodieDined on 11/9/2013We have been to this restaurant once before and found the food and service fantastic. However, our experience this time wasn't as great as the last one. The restaurant was extremely cold. The food was extremely slow in arriving to our table even though the restaurant wasn't half full. The food was excellent. We will probably go again, however, we will make sure we do not have any other plans for the evening as we were nearly late to a concert. The dining experience took nearly 2 hours and we had to leave 20 minutes after receiving our entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great servicejrock183836Dined on 11/5/2013This is one of our favorite restaurants. Great food and very helpful service. We love going to Villa Nova for our anniversary dinners.Special Features:
- Great dinner!pharmboyVIPDined on 10/25/2013Had dinner with a friend, neither of us had been to Villa Nova for a long time. What a pleasant experience. I am a vegan and their menu accommodated my dining needs. Appetizers of bruschetta and caponata prepared without feta were wonderful. This is a true gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightlovegoodfoodDined on 10/19/2013My wife and I went out on a date night with some friends and we decided to try Villa Nova since nobody has been there before. We made a reservation for 7:15 p.m. but had to push it back to 7:30 due to both of us was running a few minutes behind. Upon getting there about 7:20ish we had to wait about 20 minutes for our table for 6 to be ready. Once we got to our seats everything went great. The service was wonderful and the food was great. Although it took a little longer to cook it was well worth the wait, needless to say it is a place that the wife and I will be going to again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best 2nd time aroundjsmalls23Dined on 10/19/2013Food and service was okay this time around,we have had a better experience before but will be back,(Maybe)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2013The food makes up for the claustrophobic seating and slow service. If you can stand being a foot away from your neighbors and their conversations long enough to receive your dinner, it's so worth it. Best italian food I've ever had! Oh and VERY pricey I might add. We went knowing it would be an expensive night so there were no surprises there luckily. Just come prepared to drop some serious cash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic PreludeTheresa1952Dined on 10/10/2013Villa Nova offers a true Italian experience, from the attentive wait staff, mouth watering appetizers, the ample wine choices, delicious entrees, and decadent desserts, exemplary of Italy's finest. The soft dinner music provides a perfect setting for an intimate dinner, or background for group settings. The decor is true Italian with it's warm Tuscan colors and old-style Chianti wine bottles featured throughout the dining area. Don't be deceived by the location in a strip mall and exterior building. Once you enter, you'll be welcomed into an evening of fine dining in true Italian style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and great foodCatladyDined on 10/4/2013We never go wrong with Villa Nova - the Calamari was tender, the steak was cooked just right with a very tasty wine sauce and the Chicken Au Feu was spicy and tasty as always. Fast and attentive service with good recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian FoodfoodieDined on 10/1/2013Had some of the best Italian food here. Each of us (4) had something different and it was all very, very good. Large filling portions and good wine to accompany. The waiter was excellent and helpful. We ordered an organic wine that he thought we might not like so brought us a sample. We did not care for it so made a different selection. Very nice atmosphere and great food. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Best food in Anchorageluv2dineDined on 9/10/2013I have been coming for years and this is by far my favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Villa NovaLillyDined on 8/16/2013I had Macadamia Nut encrusted halibut w/ a lovely sauce. It was excellent. The sides were not as good a normal... a little tasteless and greasy. The server was good..and would apologize for the delay... However at Villa Nova there is ALWAYS a long wait because of the kitchen.. our wait was about an hour for the food. Most of the time it is worth it. So do not go there unless you have a lot of time to kill... Do not bring young children as the waits are to long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall outstanding. Our serversOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2013Overall outstanding. Our servers where excellent, everyone working together refilling water, bread and checking in on tables without being overbearing. Apetizers, salad and entree where all timed perfectly not to early and not to late. Our overall meal time was approx 90min. Nice ambience, a guitarist started about halfway through the meal and it was a nice touch and not overbearing. I ordered the Alla Puntanesca which was described as Hot , i found it just above mild and perfect temp my pasta was just under al-dente. My guest ordered classic spagetti and meatballs, the meatballs are fabulous and the pasta good. Both meals where very salty and we both found ourselves becoming very thirsty, hence all the water filling going on in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still goodsthuntDined on 7/27/2013We had not beenhere for awhle but the service and food were great! We had fresh fish dishes that were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Craved Italian...got it!DawgmanDined on 7/25/2013Last night in Anchorage on a business trip with my colleague. Find this unassuming gem of a place. Absolutely family owned and run as the owners are warm and mingled with customers who frequent the place. Ordered the spaghetti with Sausage and Peppers...wow. Great portions and fantastic flavor with a nice spicy kick. Only complaint was the wine pours per glass were on the light side. Cmon! ;-) Wait staff we're pleasant and attentive. Definitely will go back on next trip up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in AnchorageAKFamilyDined on 7/18/2013Villa Nova is truly a hidden gem in Anchorage. Without a doubt the best Italian restaurant. Great menu selections and fantastic service. We have never been disappointed here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anchorage culinary treasureOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/16/2013Macademia crusted halibut or cod special is spectacular. Appreciate that Villa Nova is 100% accommodating to customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2013Food was great, atmosphere was great, wine list Was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2013What a disappointment from this former favorite. Waiter failed to convey specials -- they sounded good when we overheard another server describe them after we had ordered. 40 minutes for our entree to appear. My wife ordered rigatoni with sausage, I had the eggplant parmigiana. The eggplant dish was a horrible value. $25 for two mushy pieces of lukewarm eggplant with cheese and sauce. We heard the disappointment from tables around us as well. Off our list...
- Fair diningBluzoraDined on 6/15/2013Highly recommended by friend but we were a it tele disappointed. Ambiance is dark and decor is quite dated. Needs to be cleaned up a bit! Food was good but not something to seek out.
- One of my Anchorage favoritesAKDinerDined on 6/11/2013Villa Nova is consistently excellent. Food and service are exceptional. Great menu. Accommodated my gluten and lactose intolerant friend. Located in a not-so-attractive strip mall, much better on inside. Menu has almost TOO many choices.......something for everyone and I have never been disappointed. The fresh fish dishes are wonderful and save room for the decadent desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually Very ImpressiveLordPeterVIPDined on 6/6/2013I have eaten here before and absolutely loved the food, the atmosphere, and the service. The food at my last visit was a little off, but hey, we all have off days, right? It is a little pricey, so be prepared for the bill. Overall an excellent restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Dining ExperienceLongtimeAnchorageDiner49Dined on 6/4/2013I had heard that Villa Nova was an extraordinary restaurant that was noteworthy for its food. I was very disappointed in the quality of the overpriced food and its cluttered ambience. The food was very bland, and not seasoned well. The pathetic shrimp dish (for $31) consisted of a small number of shrimp. The spaghetti was floating in almost a half bowl of lemon sauce that was more like lemon water. The server brought out a side dish of shrimp tail ends and commented on the lack of shrimp. My wife ordered a veal dish that was also bland and "swimming" in a very bland brown sauce. She commented that the best part of the meal was the spinach side dish, which was quite good. The desserts were equally disappointing.
- Incredible experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/1/2013This is more than just a dining experience. It is an assault on the senses of pleasure with the ambience of Italy (the live music giving you the real feeling of being there), with tantalizing smells of the “old world” kitchen that is only surpassed by the actual meal. Every dish provides tantalizing morsels of wonderment. Leaving us with comments of ahs and oohs. They make you feel as though you are being served a private dinner as each wish is anticipated. You continue to make this my favorite place to dine.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantKrisDined on 5/17/2013This was my first time at Villa Nova. It was for dinner. The food was great, service was great, and ambience great. Noise was so quiet that my frind and I so good conversation could be had while enjoying our dinner. Fantastic desserts! My husband and I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.