664-666 North Main Street
East Longmeadow, MA 01028Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villanapoletana.com/
- Phone: (413) 732-0800
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Villa Napoletana
“The combination of exquisite food, superb service and excellent ambiance all create an experience you will never forget.” Since 1998, Villa Napoletana has offered the finest southern Italian cuisine, service and atmosphere to people who enjoy dining out. Villa Napoletana is committed to selecting only the freshest ingredients available. To them it is a constant culinary challenge to bring customers the finest food that can be provided. They look forward to serving their customers with innovative specials and they pay particular attention to details.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Villa Napoletana reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (11)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (6)romantic (3)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great ExperienceTowerHill801Dined on 11/25/2014Loved this neighborhood gem! It was our first visit and will not be our last. Staff was very personable and friendly. We were there on a rather busy evening and the delivery of food was slightly slow. The waiter and waitress did not ignore and tried to work things through smoothly. Once the appetizer arrived it was well worth the wait. We were presented with a seafood salad that was over the top! Large enough for two to share. Filled with mussels, cherry stones, shrimp and calamari. Best appetizer that we have eaten in this area! This appetizer would be perfect for a meal in the summer months! For an entree, mushroom ravioli was excellent. Loved the fact that it was served in a red sauce hence, no cream! Will make this are new local dining spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My birthdayMamakessDined on 11/9/2014Had a lovely dinner at the villa, and I wll be returning. It is my new favorite restaurant. The food was exquisite. Everything was fresh and cooked to order, but the service was exemplary. I am only sorry I did not discover this lovely restaurant 16 years ago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First-time VisitorDennisVIPDined on 11/7/2014As a resident of North Carolina, I am always seeking new restaurants when I visit family in Longmeadow. I found Villa Napoletana on Open Table and hosted a dinner for six on Friday November 7. I believe everyone enjoyed the occasion. The food was quite good, and the service was exceptional ... both professional and friendly. Our server Mary Beth should be especially commended for her welcoming manner and attention to detail.
- Disappointing dishesYghuwalewalaVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had originally planned to have dinner at Typical Sicilian, but learned that there would be a a hour wait, we selected Villa Napoletana from its user ratings. Our server was very pleasant as was the live piano jazz, but the food was terrible. The clams casino were chewy and had excessive breadcrumb stuffing. The side salads were fresh and tasty, but the entrees were very disappointing. The filet tips tasted like they had been boiled in a sauté liquid and had none of the delicious tenderness you would expect. The veal saltimboca was no better unfortunately and was the least appetizing version of the dish that we've ever been served unfortunately. Aside from the great bottle of wine, we would choose to skip this place in the future.
- A Good Place To DineTNTVDined on 11/1/2014Excellent service led to an excellent meal. Each course exceeded our expectations leaving us with a great feeling about our dining experience at Villa Napoletana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bralino2bralino2Dined on 9/16/2014Food and service is always excellent and perfect for special occasions.Special Features:
- Problems with 2 dishes.DisappointedDined on 9/13/2014One of the dishes had the wrong pasta and had to wait for it to be replaced. Pasta was not cooked enough probably because it was rushed out too soon. Other dish had too much sauce eventhough it had been requested to be with VERY light sauce.
- Great Food!diningladyDined on 8/23/2014The menu had so many choices It was tough to make a decision! I ordered the Veal Francese and it was yummy! My hubby had the delmonico steak. It was done perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014excellent food and service the many times we have been thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 37 reviews are from the Villa Napoletana reviews archive.
- Very enjoyableCountessVIPDined on 7/12/2014Our server Ray was terrfic. He recommended a Wonderful A'bruzzo. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014We had a great time and the food was great! Service was good but after dinner did not see him much. It took longer to check out then it did ordering. It may have been that there was a lite staff and he had other tables. Overall, we were very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The food was excellent, the service was beyond expectation, overall a wonderful experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to the referral we got.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2014Went for 35th anniversary on recommendation of a friend who has been many times. Found service very slow, but very courteous. Veal trio dish was VERY scant on a piece of veal cutlet..it was just over the size of a silver dollar at best. Really? My lobster ravioli were good but the sauce wasn't light as stated..it was full alfredo. For a special dinner...disappointed...won't go back.
- best Italian , hands downfoodie232VIPDined on 5/17/2014This by far is the best Italian restaurant in the area, I frequently eat here, the food here is always consistently good, comes out hot and the service is impeccable, the key to a successful restaurant is consistency, this is exactly what this restaurant hasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014Was seated at a table near the doors to the kitchen so wait staff was constantly rushing by our table. Cold air was constantly blowing. Service was very, very slow. Appetizer was very good but salad was frozen and too cold to eat. Waitress said others had complained about the same thing. It took so long for our food/meal to come that our bottle of wine was almost gone by the time the main course arrived. Ordered another glass (which was supposed to be the same as the bottle but it was something different) but it arrived at the end of the meal. We asked to cancel but it was too late and we were charged for it. This was our 2nd time there. First time the service was slow and it was cold inside but food was decent. Won't be back.
- Great Italian Food!WelovefoodDined on 4/25/2014The food served at this restaurant is of the highest quality. The menu is extensive. The food is reasonably priced, especially in light of the generous servings. Our server, Laura, was extremely attentive. She kept checking in with us to make sure all was satisfactory. Other servers were equally excellent. Our water glasses were always filled. Bread and olive oil was brought to our table immediately. When we did not like the first table that was offered another was found for us. The only criticism we had was that the live music (which was excellent) was too loud for a good dining experience. When others complained, the volume was set at a more appropriate level. We would definitely recommend this restaurant without hesitation. Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great dinner. Our tableOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/22/2014Had a great dinner. Our table was set up and waiting for us when we arrived...nice touch! Our server Katie did a very nice job in walking us through the menu and made some great suggestions. We started with the tortalenni and broda soup which was served very hot and was very flavorful. We both enjoyed and would have it again. I am the chicken Caesar salad for dinner and my wife had a stuffed chicken dish that was very tasty with a stuffing of cheese and Italian ham and mushrooms. Finished the meal with a shared piece of moulton fallen chocolate cake...a nice ending to a good meal thanks as always!Special Features:
- mehdisappointedDined on 3/7/20142nd trip there;( first great, amazing).We arrived at 7, to find a local radio station having an event & it was LOUD. even in dining room could not get away from the noise. surprising on a weekend night that they would book space til 7 PM for such an event. Then in the bar,was a marginal vocal/keyboard duo singing.. way too loud for dinner music. We had to yell to hear each other. On to the food. guys got the special (ribeye & it was grisly.. not what you'd expect from a $25 entree. My dessert was frozen before,pretty sure.. had that freezer taste. pretty disappointed.. loved the place 1st time there. Our server(Aaron) was great though- oh well. (And we're not picky diners) Now i know why the reviews are all over the place. Inconsistent.Special Features:
- GoodtimeNiteOut4usDined on 2/28/2014We had a wonderful experience. Food was great, servers were charming. Online reservations a plus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical italian fareResourceressDined on 2/21/2014The menu was extensive but rather boring. The food was too rich and too oily. Nice neighborhood ambiance, polite and efficient servers.Special Features:
- Menu came up shortMichaelDined on 2/16/2014I took my Fiancé' to dinner. We were informed the had a Special Menu for Valentine's. I ordered my dinner only to find out they did not have this selection anymore (ran out), this should had been disclosed once we were handed the menus. The swordfish I ordered did not taste fresh; I speared the fish in the center and could lift the entire fish off the plate. It should have broken apart easily. My Fiancé enjoyed her dish. Villa will not be my first choice next time we dine out.Special Features:
- Fix the ventsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Overall I am satisfied with the dinning experience , but both times I went there it seems that I get the bad tables where the vents blew cold air on us , I asked to be moved but they said they couldn't move us , not sure why that was because we saw other empty tables that remained empty throughout our time there , then to top it all off I saw other people come in after us who sat at a drafty table who got moved immediately , the service on my 2nd visit was not as top notch as the first time , it seamed that we were a after thought , however it was busy that night and I do understand that the server had other tables , our waitress did not check back on us to see if the meal was to our liking, and was not very attentive,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good standard italian with twistJulsofthenileDined on 2/11/2014Warm fresh bread with dipping oil. Fair sized portions. Food was good, price was adequate. Not your spaghetti and meatballs type of place… Although with 24 hours notice, they will make you any Italian dish you like. Nicely priced wine list. We had dinner before a paint and wine thing. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & atmosphereDansDined on 2/1/2014Went here for date night and loved the atmosphere. Food was very good and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- " The Villa"MaggieDined on 1/29/2014I had booked the "Villa" for an office event and was extremely pleased with the service and menu. The menu was varied and allowed many choices...even for the pickiest of eaters. Chef Nick did a wonderful job!!! The food was excellent along with a beautiful presentation. Our servers, Laura and another whose name was not mentioned attended to our every request. I will definitely use the Villa again for our small functions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK :/BlondieDined on 1/26/2014We chose VN for a friend's birthday celebration because we had such great past experiences at this restaurant. Tonight it was not overly crowded and the food AND service were far below par. Still deciding if we will go back since there are so many other restuarants in the area that are consistently fantastic.
- DisappointedfoodieDined on 1/24/2014The service was horrible and incredibly slow. We asked for pepper on our salads, as other waiters were giving their patrons freshly ground pepper, and 10 minutes later (after we'd finished our salads) someone came over and plunked a salt and pepper shaker down on the table and left. The steaks were delicious, but the sides were bland.Special Features:
- Nice Evening OutJanieDined on 1/18/2014Our group quiet enjoyed our experience. The atmosphere is eye appealing and comfortable. The food was very good as we'll. afterwards drinks in the bar area was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty!SnickersDined on 1/11/2014Food was okay, nothing special. We found our dinners to be overly salty to our liking. Delmonico steak was fatty. Chicken was slightly over done, dry, even with the mushroom sauce, which again was very salty! I'm one who normally will salt my food, good thing I chose to taste my meal first, otherwise I would have definately not enjoyed my meal.
- Great food, great servicedinenpoopDined on 1/8/2014My girlfriend and I came here for our 6 month anniversary and it was great. The food was wonderful and reasonably priced and we will definitely be going there again in the future.Special Features:
- Love the Villa!AnnLBDined on 12/29/2013Recently, I brought my 9 year old to a Paint Scene Mom & Me painting event at Villa Napoletana and we also made reservations for dinner afterward. Before painting we sat at the bar for a hot cocoa, cappuccino and appetizer. Delicious! Andy, the bartender, was very personable and attentive. After the class, we sat down in the dining room for a wonderful dinner. The fettuccini alfredo was very tasty. What I like most about Villa is that you can come there and sit at the cozy bar with friends to chat and have a beverage, you can bring your family enjoy conversation and a great meal, AND you can have a romantic date night. I've done all three and Villa is versatile and fits all those occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2013We had an excellent Christmas Eve meal at Villa Napoletana. The food was wonderful and the server was very attentive. When you arrive at the restaurant, the outside appearance leaves a little to be desired, but once you step inside, you are transported to an excellent Italian restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experience!AbbeDined on 11/22/2013We had a very good meal with outstanding service and look forward to returning for another occasion.Special Features:
- food with love ...foodie12Dined on 11/16/2013It's like going to your aunts house for dinner - comfortable and delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good nighttommacDined on 11/9/2013We had been here before with excellent service. The food this time as good as usual, but service was not good. Maybe they had a different chef. The service was S.....L.......O.......W. Waitress kept apologizing for slow service. Other patrons wre complaining as well. We will go back at some point. Not anytime soon.Special Features:
- Wow!amschoolDined on 10/24/2013From the Cannoli Martini to the cannoli dessert, the food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food... not good serviceadmiralDined on 10/2/2013I will say that the food was very well prepared. However, the service was incredibly lacking. Just as one example our waitress came by our table 4 times and each time told us she was getting our bread. She then proceeded to take care of other tables each time. Finally, after 30 minutes and her 5th promise to get our bread she remembered to bring it. The band/singers in the bar area were absolutely aweful. They totally destroyed any hope of romantic ambiance in the restaurant. I can't imagine why this restaurant would allow them to play and sing. Side note... it was obvious the hostess/waitress had not been properly trained on the open table reservation system... it took her over 5 minutes just to find our reservation in the system.
- Night outtommacDined on 9/28/2013My wife and I decided to go to Villa Napoletana one Saturday night for a nice dinner. Well the food was fantastic. From the appetizer of Clams casino to the Entrée, everything was fantastic. The Hostess was the only dark spot on the night. She was not friendly, didn't smile and seemed like she just didn't want to be there. Our waiter Dan was fantastic! Knowledgeable, friendly and very professional. All in all a very good experience, minus the hostess!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2013Good service,accommodating to my needs. Food good,salad and bread better than most.Takes reservations important to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food good serviceDiner1956Dined on 8/16/2013We had diner for four. All meals were very good service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.