69 MacDougal St
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.villamosconi.com/
- Phone: (212) 673-0390
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pietro Mosconi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Giovanni Ghezzi 2126730390
A word from Villa Mosconi
Villa Mosconi is a family-run restaurant located in the heart of New York City's historic Greenwich Village. The restaurant has been serving the same great food under the guidance of the Mosconi family since 1976 at the same location on MacDougal Street between Bleecker and West Houston streets. The restaurant offers superb authentic Northern Italian cuisine that reflects the family's origins in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Villa Mosconi reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (58)good for groups (43)special occasion (41)great for lunch (29)fit for foodies (28)romantic (14)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Perfect Village PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014We had a wonderful meal and a great time at this restaurant. You think it is a very small place when you enter through the bar but it is very spacious with many different seating areas which just seem to go on forever. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgable and the support staff very also very good. We never had to ask for anything. It just magically showed up. The house salad fed three people and the stuffed mushrooms for the table was the perfect starter. I had the eggplant which was very good. The veal dishes and the chicken dishes were also loved by all. We ate like kings but there was still a bag full of leftovers for my granddaughter's dorm mates at NYU.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mary and BobPascale625VIPDined on 11/21/2014Thank You for many years of great food and drinks!!!Special Features:
- Tasty food and great serviceDinarooDined on 11/10/2014This was our first time at this restaurant but not our last. Good traditional Italian food at reasonable prices with excellent service. It was recommended to us by a friend and it was a good tip for tasty food. Lots of locals. Older restaurant with family and famous photos on the wall in the bar. Old world oil paintings on the dining room walls. Comfortable decor. Frankie Valli and Frank Sinatra type music in the background. Owner and waiter were both great couldn't be more welcoming. It's in West Village area with neighborhood stores - no big chains here. We'll go back to explore and dine again. (10 minute walk west rom Broadway/Dean and Deluca's.)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummymtnbike40Dined on 11/1/2014we had a great time.Wonderful food,fast service,and a charming atmosphere! this place is a gem. I would go back there in a heartbeat.my only complaint,the soup was a good size,but entrees could be alittle bigger for the money.Still,I love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for Dinner with FriendsjustjimDined on 10/31/2014We only get to New York every couple of years. But when we do, we try to get to Villa Mosconi. It is a wonderful place for dinner with friends. The atmosphere is relaxing and the service is excellent. The only thing better is the food. We've been there several times in groups of six to ten. Participants have sampled all parts of the menu from Eggplant Parmesan to Boar. No one has been disappointed. The Zabaglione for dessert is a must for me.Special Features:
- Great ItalianCoupleluv2dineDined on 10/25/2014We have benn going to this place for over 30 years. It never disappoints ! Everything on the menu is great ! True Italian at excellent value. We live in Orange County CA and wish we had a place like this here.Special Features:
- Mmmmmmm!TastyChouDined on 10/24/2014Tasty, comfort-food Italian at great prices. Same goes for the wine list. Book a table now. You'll be happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last minute awesome findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Visiting from Toronto finding a place the afternoon of somewhere in the Villagebwas an over whelming task with a group of 12. We scored with VM as its authentic Italian (I lived in Rome so I know the difference) and its homey feel was complete. I was able to order Saltimbocca off the menu and it was delicioso! No fancy decor and out waiter Alex was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/22/2014We have gone here many times. Always good food, quiet,and helpful staff.Special Features:
- Neighborhood Favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014A favorite for years, and continues to beat out the hipster Village newcomers in terms of quality of service & deliciousness of cuisine! Their chicken parm is peerless!Special Features:
- very enjoyablehugoDined on 10/16/2014I found the restaurant to be very much in keeping wight he restaurants in Italy. Friendly, informal, well presented and exceptional in the quality of the food. I found the pricing to be surprisingly low for New York.. This is a great place and a good bargain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We would definitely return!Mel525Dined on 10/11/2014As soon as we walked in we were greeted by the owner/manager and friendly bar tender. They knew exactly who I was and whose birthday we were celebrating. It was very refreshing. The food was amazing! - All homemade and authentic Italian! The only reason I gave it 4 not 5 starts was because the service was a tad slow. I think they may have been down a server that night. Otherwise everything was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicVillageEatingDined on 10/7/2014Was invited here for a meal. Great old world atmosphere, great food very friendly servers and hostSpecial Features:
- absolutely love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Must go to whenever we visit nyc! Great food service always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A New York tradition!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/27/2014Whenever me or my family goes to New York we stop here. The food and service is always outstanding. We have had so many wonderful meals here. Try any of the homemade pastas on the menu. I had the mixed seafood entree over pasta- amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking for a new Italian placevisitornycVIPDined on 9/2/2014This is an old school Italian restaurant straight out of the 50's. The food is good, solid red sauce italian, just what we wanted this night. Every once in a while you need to go away from the hyped places and hit the ones that have been there forever to find out about their longevity. It was clear this night that there were a substantial number of regulars and a group of tourists. All were treated warmly and with attentive service. It always comes down to service.Special Features:
- Always a pleasure!TKAGMADined on 8/28/2014I have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed! There are so many choices, trust the waiters, they know their food & wine.
- ExcellentLindaVIPDined on 8/19/2014Whenever we visit New York ............... Villa Mosconi is ALWAYS on the top of our list . The food as well as the food is outstanding.
- OutstandingFrankieDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food with terrific service, Veal some of the very best I have eaten in years. Service was first rate. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unremarkable instead of specialKarenMichiganDined on 8/9/2014I so wanted to love Villa Mosconi (highly recommended by a friend) but left disappointed. The interior of the restaurant was very dated. The waiter was very difficult to understand and therefore we were not able to clarify menu items or specials. The bowl of soup was extremely large and I was only able to eat half of it. A smaller portion and smaller price would have been better. My friend's pasta was unremarkable other then containing canned mushrooms. My lasagna was not presented well. I liked the taste of it but the sauce was on only half of the lasagna. My husband's salmon was a piece of meat on a sea of green pesto and visually quite unappetizing. Sorry we didn't continue down the street.
- Come Home to EatDaveDined on 8/7/2014Villa Mosconi combines superior Italian regional cooking with a warm and friendly atmosphere that makes every meal a truely great experience.Special Features:
- Great foodGmagDined on 8/4/2014Was looking for a quiet place for a business meeting nice place a little out dated. Food was great and service was excellent..Special Features:
- Old FavoriteMep0198VIPDined on 8/2/2014We always enjoy visiting Villa Mosconi. The food is consistently good, the service is friendly and it is a comfortable place to sit and relax without feeling rushed to leave.Special Features:
- Great Classic ItalianTrainerCaryDined on 7/30/2014I have been here a few times over many years, starting in about 1983. Villa Mosconi is a classic old school red sauce Italian restaurant that never disappoints. Most recent visit started with Mosconi Salad, which includes artichokes, beets, olives and some other goodies and the roasted artichoke which comes deconstructed. The entrees included an amazing lasagna and a delicious mushroom pasta. Their tiramisu is really soaked in rum and one of the best ever, not like the fluffy air filled kind you get at most other places. Service is always welcoming and attentive. I recommend.Special Features:
- The following 146 reviews are from the Villa Mosconi reviews archive.
- CozyQueenLDined on 7/30/2014A warm atmosphere and great, fresh Italian food. Nice wait staff and a homey feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for decent foodRAD1977Dined on 7/29/2014I came to the restaurant with high expectations. Unfortunately, it lacked the specialness and deliciousness i was anticipating.
- Truly a neighborhood gemMelMelDined on 7/5/2014Villa Mosconi is a great find!! First thing of note is that the staff makes sure that you feel welcome and just like you've arrived for dinner in their home. The food is wonderful. Everything you would expect from a restaurant with a tried and true menu, experience and expertise over the years. I would recommend: 1 Try the homemade desserts & limoncello ! 2 Ask for a table in the garden room. It's a great vibe & the room has a glass ceiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a traditional Italian TrattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/25/2014Nothing too fancy, nothing special but it is good food if you wish to have some typical Italian fare in the Village. The ambiance is a bit tired but friendly, and the pasta is very good. You can easily select anything from the menu and it will be the appropriate taste.Special Features:
- Great food, setting and serviceHosKDined on 6/11/2014I go to this restaurant every time I make it to New York. I much prefer the smaller family-owned style restaurants in the village to any of those in time square. Never disappointed, always enjoy going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Food was excellent. Enjoyed the sautéed scallops. My son loved his fettucine alfredo. My wife had Chicken endorato and loved it. The service was excellent. The restaurant had a very nice homelike feeling. We completely enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- misterpDined on 6/10/2014Villa Mosconi is a Greenwich Village institution. Food is very good and service is excellent. Value is excellent.Special Features:
- Love Villa MosconiNickyDined on 6/9/2014Villa Mosconi is a nice family-owned Italian restaurant that makes you feel right at home. The service is great, the food is awesome and you can practice your Italian by conversing with the waiters. I thought that my waiter was very attentive and it made me feel special. It also made me miss my mother-in-law's cooking. I would highly recommend Villa Mosconi to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aweful foodFoodismylifeVIPDined on 6/4/2014Service was good. Four star A not. Absolutely no. Quality none. Old restaurant. Expectations high because of four-star rating. We eat in gourmet restaurant, and this was a real disappointment. Steak Bistecca very tough & chewy, spaghetti was even terrible and frozen vegetables. Started with stuffed artichoke - large flattened artichoke watery bread in middle - sorry to say we couldn't find redeeming factor. Overall rating ZERO starsSpecial Features:
- a warm welcome for everyoneSeniorVillagerDined on 5/29/2014Going to Villa Mosconi is like going to a favourite aunt's house. You and your friends are given a hearty welcome and shown to your table. Wait staff is warm, professional and knowledgeable about specials as well as the menu items; food is delicious good home cooking and each course is delivered at respectable intervals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for conversationvillage2villageDined on 5/28/2014The food and service are wonderful, but so is the ambience -- the tables aren't crowded together, so it's the perfect place to dine and enjoy the company of those you're with.Special Features:
- Great Italian foodfood45Dined on 5/23/2014This was our second visit to Villa Mosconi. My lemon chicken was cooked perfectly. One of my sons ordered the chicken parm and he loved it. Another son enjoyed the trout. My husband liked the shrimp scampi and my youngest liked the tortellini. The complimentary bruschetta was a nice touch. Our waiter Alex was wonderful and attentive. We really enjoyed our dinner at Villa Mosconi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh my god the FOOD!!wje85Dined on 5/22/2014When we walked in, I knew without them saying anything that this is, what I would term, an old school restaurant. The room itself has not been updated in quite a while except for maybe the paint which has been kept fresh. But the tile ceilings and banquet room chairs with an ambience of years gone by gave me a questioning pause. And even some of the menu options - this is classic italian food un-modernized which was a little overwhelming for me but great for my guest who lived in Italy at one point and has many fond memories on the North Shore in San Francisco. And then Grandma's tortelli in sage and cream sauce came out. HOLY WOW!! This family business sure knows how to stay focused on the food. And that's what mattered in the end.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Everything, food, drinks, atmosphere was FABULOUS as always!Special Features:
- Family gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2014We have visited this resturant many times, both for happy and sad occasions. This time there were 11 of us and the experience was great. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and fast...you couldn't ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningLienDined on 5/9/2014Reviews described good food & friendly/family-like service; also understatement & a little-bit Old World. Boy, are we happy with the choice. From the moment we arrived (45-minutes early, to get out of the rain) 'til leaving hours later, we were greeted & treated as though we were oft-returning guests. Our waiter quickly picked-up on our style & enhanced our evening with his smiles & patter, plus attentiveness & leaving us alone when he sensed that was our mood. The restaurant was filled with patrons familiar to the staff, hugs & greetings abounded. The room resounded with laughter, story-telling, and good times being had. While large portions usually indicate poor quality, that was not the case. The portions were large and delicious!Special Features: