69 MacDougal St
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.villamosconi.com/
- Phone: 2126730390
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pietro Mosconi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Contact: Giovanni Ghezzi 2126730390
A word from Villa Mosconi
Villa Mosconi is a family-run restaurant located in the heart of New York City's historic Greenwich Village. The restaurant has been serving the same great food under the guidance of the Mosconi family since 1976 at the same location on MacDougal Street between Bleecker and West Houston streets. The restaurant offers superb authentic Northern Italian cuisine that reflects the family's origins in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Villa Mosconi reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)special occasion (31)good for groups (30)great for lunch (28)fit for foodies (16)romantic (11)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Always a pleasure!TKAGMADined on 8/28/2014I have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed! There are so many choices, trust the waiters, they know their food & wine.
- ExcellentLindaVIPDined on 8/19/2014Whenever we visit New York ............... Villa Mosconi is ALWAYS on the top of our list . The food as well as the food is outstanding.
- OutstandingFrankieDined on 8/14/2014Excellent food with terrific service, Veal some of the very best I have eaten in years. Service was first rate. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unremarkable instead of specialKarenMichiganDined on 8/9/2014I so wanted to love Villa Mosconi (highly recommended by a friend) but left disappointed. The interior of the restaurant was very dated. The waiter was very difficult to understand and therefore we were not able to clarify menu items or specials. The bowl of soup was extremely large and I was only able to eat half of it. A smaller portion and smaller price would have been better. My friend's pasta was unremarkable other then containing canned mushrooms. My lasagna was not presented well. I liked the taste of it but the sauce was on only half of the lasagna. My husband's salmon was a piece of meat on a sea of green pesto and visually quite unappetizing. Sorry we didn't continue down the street.
- Come Home to EatDaveDined on 8/7/2014Villa Mosconi combines superior Italian regional cooking with a warm and friendly atmosphere that makes every meal a truely great experience.Special Features:
- Great foodGmagDined on 8/4/2014Was looking for a quiet place for a business meeting nice place a little out dated. Food was great and service was excellent..Special Features:
- Old FavoriteMep0198VIPDined on 8/2/2014We always enjoy visiting Villa Mosconi. The food is consistently good, the service is friendly and it is a comfortable place to sit and relax without feeling rushed to leave.Special Features:
- CozyQueenLDined on 7/30/2014A warm atmosphere and great, fresh Italian food. Nice wait staff and a homey feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey for decent foodRAD1977Dined on 7/29/2014I came to the restaurant with high expectations. Unfortunately, it lacked the specialness and deliciousness i was anticipating.
- Truly a neighborhood gemMelMelDined on 7/5/2014Villa Mosconi is a great find!! First thing of note is that the staff makes sure that you feel welcome and just like you've arrived for dinner in their home. The food is wonderful. Everything you would expect from a restaurant with a tried and true menu, experience and expertise over the years. I would recommend: 1 Try the homemade desserts & limoncello ! 2 Ask for a table in the garden room. It's a great vibe & the room has a glass ceiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a traditional Italian TrattoriaOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/25/2014Nothing too fancy, nothing special but it is good food if you wish to have some typical Italian fare in the Village. The ambiance is a bit tired but friendly, and the pasta is very good. You can easily select anything from the menu and it will be the appropriate taste.Special Features:
- Great food, setting and serviceHosKDined on 6/11/2014I go to this restaurant every time I make it to New York. I much prefer the smaller family-owned style restaurants in the village to any of those in time square. Never disappointed, always enjoy going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/10/2014Food was excellent. Enjoyed the sautéed scallops. My son loved his fettucine alfredo. My wife had Chicken endorato and loved it. The service was excellent. The restaurant had a very nice homelike feeling. We completely enjoyed our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- misterpDined on 6/10/2014Villa Mosconi is a Greenwich Village institution. Food is very good and service is excellent. Value is excellent.Special Features:
- Love Villa MosconiNickyDined on 6/9/2014Villa Mosconi is a nice family-owned Italian restaurant that makes you feel right at home. The service is great, the food is awesome and you can practice your Italian by conversing with the waiters. I thought that my waiter was very attentive and it made me feel special. It also made me miss my mother-in-law's cooking. I would highly recommend Villa Mosconi to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aweful foodFoodismylifeVIPDined on 6/4/2014Service was good. Four star A not. Absolutely no. Quality none. Old restaurant. Expectations high because of four-star rating. We eat in gourmet restaurant, and this was a real disappointment. Steak Bistecca very tough & chewy, spaghetti was even terrible and frozen vegetables. Started with stuffed artichoke - large flattened artichoke watery bread in middle - sorry to say we couldn't find redeeming factor. Overall rating ZERO starsSpecial Features:
- The following 136 reviews are from the Villa Mosconi reviews archive.
- a warm welcome for everyoneSeniorVillagerDined on 5/29/2014Going to Villa Mosconi is like going to a favourite aunt's house. You and your friends are given a hearty welcome and shown to your table. Wait staff is warm, professional and knowledgeable about specials as well as the menu items; food is delicious good home cooking and each course is delivered at respectable intervals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for conversationvillage2villageDined on 5/28/2014The food and service are wonderful, but so is the ambience -- the tables aren't crowded together, so it's the perfect place to dine and enjoy the company of those you're with.Special Features:
- Great Italian foodfood45Dined on 5/23/2014This was our second visit to Villa Mosconi. My lemon chicken was cooked perfectly. One of my sons ordered the chicken parm and he loved it. Another son enjoyed the trout. My husband liked the shrimp scampi and my youngest liked the tortellini. The complimentary bruschetta was a nice touch. Our waiter Alex was wonderful and attentive. We really enjoyed our dinner at Villa Mosconi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh my god the FOOD!!wje85Dined on 5/22/2014When we walked in, I knew without them saying anything that this is, what I would term, an old school restaurant. The room itself has not been updated in quite a while except for maybe the paint which has been kept fresh. But the tile ceilings and banquet room chairs with an ambience of years gone by gave me a questioning pause. And even some of the menu options - this is classic italian food un-modernized which was a little overwhelming for me but great for my guest who lived in Italy at one point and has many fond memories on the North Shore in San Francisco. And then Grandma's tortelli in sage and cream sauce came out. HOLY WOW!! This family business sure knows how to stay focused on the food. And that's what mattered in the end.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Everything, food, drinks, atmosphere was FABULOUS as always!Special Features:
- Family gatheringOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2014We have visited this resturant many times, both for happy and sad occasions. This time there were 11 of us and the experience was great. The food was delicious and the service was friendly and fast...you couldn't ask for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningLienDined on 5/9/2014Reviews described good food & friendly/family-like service; also understatement & a little-bit Old World. Boy, are we happy with the choice. From the moment we arrived (45-minutes early, to get out of the rain) 'til leaving hours later, we were greeted & treated as though we were oft-returning guests. Our waiter quickly picked-up on our style & enhanced our evening with his smiles & patter, plus attentiveness & leaving us alone when he sensed that was our mood. The restaurant was filled with patrons familiar to the staff, hugs & greetings abounded. The room resounded with laughter, story-telling, and good times being had. While large portions usually indicate poor quality, that was not the case. The portions were large and delicious!Special Features:
- Villa Mosconi is the best!!!!LimoncelloDined on 4/29/2014The only times that we do not eat at Villa Mosconi when we visit New York is when Villa Mosconi is closed. The food is excellent, the wait staff is fantastic and friendly and knowledgeable. Danny, who is our regular waiter, is the best. If Danny cannot wait on us, Carl is at the ready for fill in for Danny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClpskiDined on 4/26/2014I have been to this restaurant for dinner several times and for a private bridal shower. The service is very good and the food is great. The veal dishes are very good and very large portions. We definitely will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian!LaddieDined on 4/19/2014Love Villa Mosconi, food is always amazing along with wonderful family atmosphere! Great neighborhood gem!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leave the gun, take the canollis.BJQoolVIPDined on 4/18/2014Will remind you of the setting of the famous scene from The Godfather. Dependable old world Italian. Good, basic dishes...large portions. Authentic Italian waiters from Bay Ridge? One complaint... way too bright in the back room.
- A old standard that still delivers!NJDinerDined on 4/12/2014Have been here.on several occasions. It never disappoints. Traditional Italian American fare is delicious. Service friendly, and experience always a happy one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charm GaloreOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2014An old school treasure and a perfect place for mom or dad to feed a hungry NYU student.
- Villa Masconi - as good as ItalianPaulVIPDined on 4/5/2014Gets. Jerry and team do a great job in making everyone feel like they are going home to Nonna's for a great Italian meal. My in-laws and families have been going to the Villa Masconi for 30 plus years and love them like family from John (previously) at the bar, now Mike to all the staff members including the older staff's children. Go and enjoy and make sure Jerry gets you some Zabayon & an after dinner Zambuca (3 coffee beans for Good luck)! Salud!!Special Features:
- a real classicUWSfoodieDined on 4/4/2014This is a great classic Italian American restaurant. A lot of locals frequent the place regularly - knowing that they will get consistently good food -and large portions. There are no surprises - Chicken parmigiana is just what you expect- and delicious. The pastas are homemade - the palia e fino (green & white angel hair with cream, peas, prosciutto)- is outstanding! The waiters are all long time career experts ( most are part of the family) and will make sure you get anything you want. They can make suggestions if you're not sure which direction to go in. We've spent many happy family celebrations here....and can't wait to go back! The decor is very dated - but who's looking once the food arrives!Special Features:
- good foodDavidVIPDined on 4/1/2014I have not been there for many years but the quality of food is still the same . thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very good with wideOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014Food is very good with wide variety menu. Service also very good.Special Features:
- Mary and BobPascale625VIPDined on 3/3/2014Wonderful food and great service makes for a special evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good old world environmentsteveDined on 2/22/2014The service and food was great and the enviorment allow everone to still be able to talk without yellingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We picked this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2014We picked this restaurant due to its proximity to The Barrow Street Theatre and were not disappointed. The food was very good and the service was outstanding. They have a lot of space in several different rooms and we were seated in the back room, which had the most lovely feel with its glass roof and lights. It could be the area they open up in nice weather for a garden feel. Give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VILLA MOSCONI WAS A GREAT CHOICE !!DianananaDined on 2/15/2014Not ever being in this part of the downtown area for a show we wanted to find a nice Italian restaurant for reservations close by for after our show. After reading through lots of reviews & comments, we decided on Villa Mosconi. We were not disappointed. We were greeted immediately as we walked in, checked our coats and were seated. The restaurant was about 3/4 full upon our arrival. The service was excellent, the drinks were great and the food was spectacular. We would definitely recommend and if in the area in the future we will definitely go back. While sneaking outside for a quick smoke, one of the women owners came out to check on the falling snow and we had a very nice chat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. My girlfriend12345VIPDined on 2/14/2014Great food. My girlfriend and I came here for Valentine's day.. The food was great, it was not to busy, and we didn't feel rushed at all. Also the cannolli at the end was quite good. I 'd also recommend the house wine! We're definitely going to come back to this neighborhood gem. And the prices were decent.Special Features:
- Another great eveningBettyVIPDined on 2/10/2014This is the 3 visit to villa mosconi... 2 in the last 2 months and the first 30 years ago... The food is still delicious home style Italian...The service even better! The vibe remains.. That old world combo of just enough warmth, great food and engaging yet professional service that makes an evening great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Red and not so deadgadflyVIPDined on 1/14/2014Traditional southern Italian cooking. A neighborhood prize for years. Spotless. Family run and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.