610 1st Ave NE
Calgary, AB T2E 0B6Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.villafirenze.ca/
- Phone: 4032644297
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Private Room, Wine
A word from Villa Firenze
Since 1991 Villa Firenze restaurant has provided a welcoming, elegant, and reliable dining experience. It is renowned for its signature Portobello Mushroom dish, and its fabulous home style Italian cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Villa Firenze - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Villa Firenze reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (32)romantic (30)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (12)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Lovely Italian RestaurantVenus1973Dined on 10/21/2014A client suggested the restaurant to me, and I had not been there before. The service and food were great. They have a notable appetizer offering, of which we sampled the bruschetta and parmesan mushroom. Excellent! I will return with my wife one evening to experience their nighttime menu. Villa Firenze is a delightful find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carbonera1Dined on 10/18/2014We look to Villa Firenze as THE restaurant when we have a special occasion to celebrate and/or special friends to dine with. We are never disappointed and always look forward to our next visitSpecial Features:
- Delicious Food and Friendly ServiceNomnomDined on 10/14/2014Each time we visit Viila Firenze we bring guests because we are guaranteed a delicious meal with kind and friendly service. The authentic Italian dishes are always fresh and served hot. Also, the portion sizes are generous. We love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a romantic mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We went for our 15th Anniversary, it was quiet for the most part (one loud table near the window). The meal and service was fantastic, and we are very happy we choose it and will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeafincalgaryDined on 10/10/2014The staff are attentive, the food is delicious, the portions are huge and the ambiance is quiet and engagingSpecial Features:
- Excellent food ~ service just okPeteDined on 10/3/2014Visited with friends tonight (2 Oct). Food first class. Service hardly acceptable. My wife had garlic butter spilt on her jacket. No apology or even an acknowledgement it happened. Would prefer to be asked can I get you a coffee or anything rather than do you want coffee. We had one drink and never asked if we wanted another. No interaction at all, except at tip time. Servers hand 3 inches from my face with debit machine. Having said all of that, the food made up for the shortcomings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Friday NightLuvgoodfoodDined on 9/26/2014Excellent experience, food and service were wonderful. This was my third time and it didn't disappoint. I'd recommend the restaurant to anyone and will definitely go again. Magnifico!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Service and PriceSoelasDined on 9/26/2014Received a gift certificate from a relative when we moved to Clagary in 2012. Finally, decided to use for a dinner with my wife. Reserved a table for 6:30. We were promptly seated when we walked in the door at 6:25. Menu selection was quite long (which I like). They had no problems in catering to my wife's allergy. Food, Service and Bill were great! The bread, the appetizer, the soup, even the Sea bass were all fresh. Appreciated that half bottles of wine were available. Service was excellent. Servers seemed to know the right times to check in or keep the drinks flowing. The bill was reasonable for this level of quality. Only downside (for us) was the restaurant was noisy. Not conducive to a quiet conversation. We will be back.Special Features:
- Family Get TogethereatwellRDDined on 9/25/2014We choose this place out of an number of restaurants because of the outstanding reviews posted on Open Table. We gathered here for a family supper and where very pleasantly surprised by how nice the interior of this restaurant looked. Our waiter was knowledgeable and patient with us and made suggestions from the menu. We ordered a bottle of red wine and enjoyed a drink while waiting for our main course and enjoying our appetizers that were beyond delicious. Our main course arrived and I have to tell you, I didn't think we could eat all of it, but we did. We all shared portions of each others supper as all the food was perfectly prepared. I would highly recommend this restaurant if you enjoy great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodPOTUSDined on 9/19/2014Food was very good, large portion sizes, and very good service. Fairly priced too, especially when you consider the size of the portions. First time at this restaurant and wont be the last.Special Features:
- Best Italian in YYC.BestitaliancalgaryDined on 9/18/2014Great service, people and words cant describe the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spot for dinnerbrettDined on 9/16/2014Had a group of seven for dinner, mid-week. Top notch service, great good and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Magnifico!!lovefoodDined on 9/16/2014This restaurant is a gem! Superb service and food! Relaxed Atmosphere. If you want authentic Italian pasta and delicious home baked bread, this is the place. We were a party of 8 with varied tastes and everyone enjoyed everything they ordered! Reasonable prices and extraordinary value. The portions are large and the wine list is great! Free parking available as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014I have been to Villa Firenze countless times both in small and large groups, and have never been disappointed. The owners have been here forever and this adds to the experience as they will go out of there way to make your visit special. Simple menu, outstanding staff and great food cooked from scratch!! If you need to modify your selection there is no hesitation and no extra charges. This has been a family owned business since its inception and it shows with the quality of food and the attention to detail. Truly a remarkable spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014We had the bruschetta and cannenolli and both were fantastic! Always have great food and wine here! The service is also excellent.Special Features:
- Don't Miss the OpportunityTpoundDined on 9/5/2014An excellent evening. Service was excellent. Food selection is more than expected. We will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014The service and food at Villa Firenze is always exceptional. The delicious portobello mushroom appetizer is second to none. Special dietary requirements were accommodated and the server was knowledgeable and friendly. Best Italian restaurant in Calgary!Special Features:
- My favourite Resturant in the cityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Villa is my favourite Resturant in the city. It has been since the first time I went and likely will continue to be into the indefinite future. #villathehiddrngem #bridgelandnativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 28, 2014LindaandAlDined on 8/28/2014We had a Thank-You dinner for 5 wonderful people who help look after our home when we are out of town - sometimes months at a time. Villa Firenze's atmosphere and services were outstanding. Would absolutely recommend this restaurant to any and all. Wonderful for our group of 7 and I'm sure it would also be great for a couple.Special Features:
- Great as ever!rccalgaryDined on 8/27/2014Enjoyed another great evening with another couple this week! Food and service were excellent. A true gem!Special Features:
- Couldn't have asked for more!Mon236Dined on 8/26/2014We have heard so many great things about Villa Firenze from friends, we were so excited to finally try it and went in with high expectations. Villa met all of our expectations and more. The service was outstanding, the ambiance was warm and inviting, and the food couldn't have been better. We haven't had the pleasure of eating authentic Italian since we were it Italy... This really brought us back. One secret is you must ask for the portobello mushroom, this paired wonderfully with the homemade focaccia bread. We will definitely be heading back and can't wait to try more delicious dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingKGrigg2014Dined on 8/23/2014I was brought to Villa Firenze by a friend and the food was just amazing! I took my husband there for the first time a year ago there and he absolutely loved it! We were just there last weekend and celebrated our 1 year Wedding Anniversary and a birthday and the experience and food were again just perfect. We definitley need to be going there for often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Villa FirenzeNeglectedDined on 8/23/2014Telling everyone about the bad time at Villa Firenze. We were a table of 4; one of the first tables to arrive (5:45 Saturday). Bad service because were were still waiting for our bread when people who arrived after us were being served their meals. Never going back!
- JudeDined on 8/22/2014We had a group of 7 . We really enjoyed the food. The chef had some wonderful specials. We have been there twice now and would go back. It is a small little gem that has great Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014We chose three different meals. The gnocchi pesto al panna was mediocre at best and the vitello alla Villa Firenze was described as "off-putting". The third choice of penne alla marinara was considered very good.Special Features:
- amberabouDined on 8/20/2014One of mine and my husbands favorite Italian restaurants on calgary! Always great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightDinersnoteatersDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went to Villa for an after show meal and were completely satisfied. The service was excellent, the food couldn't have been better. This is a nice, cozy and romantic, albeit a little noisy, spot that we will definitely return to.Special Features:
- RabhaughDined on 8/14/2014Most enjoyable, perfect for any occasion, great food, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Well priced.Special Features:
- Food was excellent; service so soKellyoDined on 8/8/2014Food was excellent. Unfortunately we had a server that had only been then for a few weeks. Got drink order wrong. And really wasn't that great at cleanup, etc. We've been to this restaurant many times in the past and really noticed the difference in service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingYycdiningguyDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I came here for a date night. I honestly can't think of anything that could have been better. The service and food were absolutely impeccable. I can't recommend highly enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best appetizer and caesar!CupcakeDined on 7/31/2014Loved the portabella mushroom appetizer! My husband had the sea bass special and loved it. Enjoyed my pasta but there isn't one option that includes vegetables. Sundried tomatoes or capers isn't enough of a vegetable as noted by our waiter. Best ceasar (drink) I've ever had! Great atmosphere and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSteveHDined on 7/30/2014Went with my wife mid-week for our anniversary dinner. The atmosphere is very nice for a relaxed evening without getting too fancy or pretentious. The greeter and server were very friendly and made us feel comfortable. The Portabella Mushroom appetizer is too die for and highly recommended!! The homemade Tiramisu was a nice treat. It was also nice there was a parking lot that seemed secure within the restaurant's lot. We would return without hesitation.Special Features:
- great food and atmosphereJulesDined on 7/25/2014Very quaint, warm and intimate atmosphere. Service always excellent. Food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceBridgelandianDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I enjoyed our evening at this nice little restaurant. The service was excellent, the ambience very nice and the food was good. The traditional ceaser salad was nothing too special, but the home made spinach pasta along with shrimp, brusheta and sauce was excellent. The portions were large and my wife's risotto with scampi was good. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - even greater service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We had a very nice dining experience at Villa Firenze. There were 5 in our party and each of us had a very good meal. The food was delicious and the service was exceptional. All in all we had a great night at Villa Firenze and will return again.Special Features:
- Great food and atmospherevejyDined on 6/27/2014The food and overall ambiance were amazing and probably the best Italian restaurant we have been to! Unfortunately once we were sat it seemed as if we disappeared into the background. Our waiter continually walked by without talking to us as we sat waiting for our drinks. When our waiter did finally manage to talk to us he was friendly and knowledgeable, but continued to avoid checking on us. The server working nearby ended up clearing our dishes and even getting us the bill, which it took 20 minutes to receive after finishing our meals and having them boxed up by the server next to us. Overall an amazing restaurant which we would be excited to go back to, hoping to get a different server who is a little more help to make it a perfect eve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 86 reviews are from the Villa Firenze reviews archive.
- excellent as alwaysstephendedalusDined on 6/24/2014We had a group lunch (6 of us) and, as always, the food, service and ambience were excellent. We started off with some appetizers with the highlight being the portabello mushroom appetizer - this is a must have!! The portabello mushroom is drenched in a white sauce which is just awesome. Everyone mopped up their plates with the bread. The entrees all differed for everyone but suffice to say - everyone was full and happy by the end of the meal. Great service (the owner served us personally) - would not hesitate to come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!bunnDined on 6/14/2014I've been back several times over the years and am never disappointed. The portabello mushroom smothered in a brandy cream sauce is a must for any meal. And the tiramisu the best I've ever had (despite going on the hunt for better in Italy on my honeymoon and gaining 12 pounds in the process!). A great spot for an evening with parents, friends or a romantic night out.Special Features:
- and again...and again...calgaryfoodfanDined on 6/13/2014This place has become a favourite for my wife and I. Food is always fantastic and so is the service. The food is consistent and always comes out very hot. Nothing is more satisfying to me then a meal that stays hot till i'm finished eating. We loved it the first time and every time since. We will enjoy this restaurant again and again and again.Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsCalgaryFoodieDined on 6/13/2014I selected Villa Firenze based on the reviews online. What a nice surprise. Their Portobello Mushroom appetizer was fantastic! The meals were generous and tasty. We will definitely be going back.Special Features: