17417 Chesterfield Airport Road
Chesterfield, MO 63005Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villafarotto.com/
- Phone: 6365190048x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerard LaRuffa, Jr.
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Villa Farotto offers full service catering both onsite and off-site, and will accommodate any budget with various types of service. A full staff can be provided with rentals, or Villa Farotto can also simply drop off your selections! Corporate Catering, Corporate Catering Rewards Program, Wedding Reception Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Catering,
- Private Party Facilities: Villa Farotto offers many options for a private dining. We can accomodate parties from 6 to 75 with private dining areas. From an intimate family gathering to a formal business meeting, Villa Farotto can take all of the stress out of planning and executing an event.
- Private Party Contact: Gerard LaRuffa, Jr. 6365190048x305
- Entertainment: Wednesday 7:30 - 9:30 Thursday 7-10 Friday 8-12 Saturday 8-12
- Special Events: Villa Farotto offers many options for a private dining. We can accomodate parties from 6 to 75 with private dining room areas. From an intimate family gathering to a formal business meeting, Villa Farotto can take all of the stress out of planning and executing an event. Graduation, Bridal Showers, Rehearsal Dinners, Birthday Parties, Cocktail Parties, Holiday Parties, Corporate Meeting Rooms, Business Lunch,
A word from Villa Farotto
St. Louis family owned Italian American restaurant, Villa Farotto offers many dining options for your pleasure. The Cafe offers a quick service. Smell the rotisserie roasting our famous lemon herb chickens the moment you walk through the door. Our Vineyards dining room offers a finer dining option, great for a business lunch, an intimate family dinner or The Wine Room can hold up to 60 for a sit down dinner of any kind. The Cellar bar features a wonderful wine list, with over 25 wines by the glass. Come enjoy the live music and dancing 5 days a week, Wednesday - Saturday evenings. Enjoy an amazing meal and then retire to The Cellar Bar and dance the night away. Enjoy our Sunday Dinner Family Style Menu, Easter Brunch, Mothers Day Brunch, Valentine’s Day Menu, and New Years Eve party. Villa Farotto also offers an amazing catering program that is second to none. With many exclusive venues to choose from.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Villa Farotto reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Very good!HotpepperVIPDined on 5/23/2014We went for lunch and were able to get in and out in a timely fashion. The food was very good and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/16/2014I have always been a fan of the original Farrotto's on Manchester, and was looking forward to the more upscale menu and space. Unfortunately, the food was not what we'd hoped - just a bit "off" on each of the entrees. That said, we had a group of 8, and the service could not have been better - attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- LifterVIPDined on 5/10/2014Very nice evening at Villa Farotto. The swordfish special was excellent, as was the ravioli. The service is very good, we've never had a bad experience here. The desserts are a little weak.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there many timesonceaweekdinerDined on 4/26/2014We have the same waiter quite often and is he very professional. It's always a pleasure dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed!DkcruisebuddiesDined on 4/25/2014Started with Back and Blue Pizza (excellent) and Zucchini and Calamari Fritti (ok). Loved the Osso Bucco , Prosciutto Wrapped Chilean Seabass and Bentley Tenderloin. Two drinks, 1 ice tea and $150.00 bill. Can't afford that often, but for a special occasion it was great! Service was a little uneven, but our waiter was doing his best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentRickVIPDined on 4/16/2014Food is always good. Had the healthy choice grilled shrimp and although a little dry, it was good. House salad is simple and good.
- Used to be betterYumYumDined on 4/11/2014Celebrated my husbands birthday there a couple of days ago and dining experience was average. Filets cooked correctly but not super tender or flavorful ( have had much better at many other places ), salads read well but more lettuce than anything. Sides were spinach and was good. It seems that our past 2 times dining at Villa Farotto have been so- so and won't go back unless something changes.
- Fantastic and Just Perfect!turtlechef12Dined on 4/2/2014Overall, this restaurant is by far my favorite in all of my hometown. The dinner is always wonderful and it is well presented as well. The saying "you get what you paid for" applies here but you get more than what you paid for. Beautiful ambience, great food, and on Friday nights live jazz music. You cannot beat that! My favorite thing is their pork loin and the chocolate cake. Oh my god, it is outstanding. As well as the food the service is out of this world. They are attentive and not annoying about it. They treat it like a 4 star restaurant. When busy, its not a hassle for the noise level and its very romantic for that special and lucky person.Special Features:
- A little off.....Sef1960Dined on 3/28/2014The pizza was soggy, the service was sporadic. Veal and pasta dishes were good. The waitress kept asking me to hand her my glass instead of walking around the table (when there was plenty of room to maneuver) to serve my wine. She also disappeared for long periods of time and then seemed to rush us for decisions when she showed up.
- Great food!!sandmanDined on 3/28/2014While the food is excellent and service is very good, it certainly is not a nice quiet romantic spot. If you are comfortable around a vibrant and busy restaurant, you will enjoy it. If you are looking for a quiet low key place, I would not go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBobbyBoyDined on 3/24/2014Upon arrival we were seated promptly. Our server was also prompt and very knowledgable about the menu. He recommended wine based on our preferrences. He also recommended our entrees. They were excellent. Great flavor, tender and prepared perfectly. Very nice romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDined on 3/19/2014VERY ENJOYABLE EVENING. All food served was tasty, served hot and well presented. Service was personal, professional and efficient. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Anniverswary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2014Always a good place for special occasions. We celebrated our 46th anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Fair" is being kind!Alf51Dined on 2/21/2014Perhaps the responsibility is mine for booking a Friday night dinner, but I expected more. Our server had way too many tables and it showed in his performance. We were just another incumberance. Orderd a bottle of wine.... Then told all that was availble was 3 split sized bottles. No full bottles. 3 splits does not equal a full bottle. OK! ordered a different bottle.... Told this time that the choice had not been available for years and did not know how it was on the "Notable Wine List"! We gave up on oredering a bottle. My entree of Linguine and Clams appeared as a bowl with a child's portion of pasta and a number of the smallest clams, (smaller than a dime), I have every seen still in the shell. Not a hallmark for an Italian house!Special Features:
- We had to wait about 15 minutesJohnnyODined on 2/16/2014We had to wait about 15 minutes after our reservation for our table. That's the Only thing preventing outstanding service ratingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unprofessional serviceMo4foodDined on 2/8/2014Food quality was ok. Steak is good. But they served wrong food to us and hoped we do not know the difference. When we told them this not what we order waiter told me he knew it's wrong food!!! But any way he served it. I use to go villa every other week, lately quality is not as good as use to. it was last time I went to there.Special Features:
- The place was dirty. ThereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014The place was dirty. There was food splatter on the wall and light fixture. The table was all scratched up. Not what we expected for the type of establishment it is.Special Features:
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/3/2014Farotto's has pretty good food. The waitress was super friendly. As far as the ambience is concerned, it was fine until two music systems clashed. They had background music playing in the dining area, when the live music started up in the bar. This made the dining area unpleasant. Our waitress was not to be found at that moment, so we had to get up and ask the head desk to remove the background music. This should never occur. It destroyed the ambience and disrupted the meal.
- Disaster!suemcVIPDined on 2/1/2014The whole experience was embarrasing as we were entertaining out-of-town guests and wanted to take them to an "indie" in the Valley. First they were out of the wine we ordered, then they were out of 1 of the entrees we ordered. We ordered appetizers, but they forgot and brought the salads. When it arrived, the tuna tartare appetizer was nicely presented but so thinly cut that it was impossible to pick up (it came apart in tiny shreds). The steaks were very fatty, a pork chop ordered as med-rare, arrived medium. The second chop was properly cooked, but the 4 mushroom risotto it was served on had less flavor than wall paper paste. There was never an offer of comping dessert (which we ordered) or coffee - Not worth a return.
- quiet with music in backgroundDrJ66Dined on 1/30/2014We have eaten here before but this was our anniversary. The waiter was very attentive without obtrusiveness. The menu was terrific and food was quite good, Veal Marsala over risotto and my wife had ravioli, soup and and a very large, excellent antipasti with local meats. Good selection of bar drinks and wines. All in all, very nice experience.Special Features:
- Good good, excellent serviceJennDined on 1/25/2014We were greeted and seated immediately. Our server was friendly, knowledgable and not too chatty. The food came promptly and was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experience42ndBirthdayDined on 1/25/2014Villa Farotto was my choice for my 42nd birthday dinner, and it did not disappoint. The food was excellent from appetizers to desserts; the wines by the glass offer a nice selection, and they made a good Martini. There was a bar with a live band that got loud later in the evening, and there was not enough separation between the bar area and the dining room while the band was on, but it was still a great evening. The appetizers were slow to arrive; perhaps because it was busy, perhaps because it was an oversight, but our server was very attentive and the evening was excellent. I would recommend it for a nice step up for Italian in West County St. Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/24/2014Great atmosphere. Loved the live music. Come early so you can get a seat in the bar area to hear the music. Food was amazing. Very romantic but also could be good for kids. The outdoor dining looks awesome. Just to cold for us to visit this time. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversaryMosccitoFranchettaDined on 1/23/2014Excellent service, food was perfect and presentation excellent. Two bottles of Moscato later...wow time to make another baby. No, we didn't drive. It was late we just stayed in the parking lot. We're going to name him Farotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great meal at Farroto's!JustJackDined on 1/14/2014Another great meal at Farroto's! Food is always superb.Special Features:
- Comfortable seats, broad tablesdizzyblondeDined on 1/11/2014Comfortable seats, broad tables (sat in a booth) so did not feel cramped. Loved the olive oil dip for the bread Good food, interesting entrees of good portions. Bar area has a ramped up scene for the 'older crowd'.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/29/2013located in the Chesterfield Valley mall area a MUCH better place than you'd expect.....food and service were both very good..3 people, 2 drinks each ,appetizers and entrées.....all for $160 ( including 20% tip).we'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A plus food, excellent service,GoodfoodieDined on 12/29/2013A plus food, excellent service, attentive waiter, all around good relaxing experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress was attentive, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Waitress was attentive, very knowlegable, friendly and personable. I had the pork tenderloin and it was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server wasn't that personable.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/12/2013Our server wasn't that personable. Caesar salad was terrible Appetizer was just ok Didn't care for the menu. Bread was hardSpecial Features:
- Outstanding serviceStkandpotatoesDined on 11/26/2013This was our second time to Villa Farotto and again the service was outstanding. Our waiter took the time to explain the menu and make recommendations. There was always someone nearby to refill drinks, bring more bread, etc. The food is good but not great. If the food matched the service this would be at the top of our restaurant list. Overall a great experience and highly recommended (the mushroom risotto with chicken is our favorite).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive, but not extraordinaryBAIADined on 11/25/2013I like to try "family-owned" Italian restaurants. In this case, I was disappointed. Instead of a small, informal, intimate space, the building was new, the dining area was a little formal, and there was a TV in the bar. The service and food were good, but nothing exceptional. I was also disappointed in the wine list. They had some "Santa Specials", but most were not Italian and they were expensive. The regular wine list was also heavily weighted with non-Italian wines. And, when I find prices on the wine on the list that I know are more than double the retail price, I am disappointed. I would like for everyone to be able to enjoy wine with dinner without spending a ton of money. It simply wasn't authentic. An Italian sports bar?
- Best Italian restaurantmaryDined on 11/8/2013Being an old Italian who appreciates an excellent cellar and a gourmet quality meal, Villa Farotto is my first choice. The food quality, taste, and presentation is first class. All of St Louis seems to think the most authentic Italian meal is served on "The Hill" however Villa Farotto is the exception to that rule. Sami's service and the excellent osso buco are the ingrediants for a fabulous evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & foodSZ102712Dined on 10/26/2013My husband & I went to villa forotto for our first wedding anniversary. Upon arriving we were greeted with two glasses of champagne for our anniversary which we loved! The meatballs were huge, as were the portions. All of the food was delicious and we are already planning a return trip. Our waitress was great. She was friendly and attentive but she also let us enjoy our dinner without being bothered which we really enjoyed. Great food & great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencetwinsand2Dined on 10/26/2013Online reservation was very simple, I got a call that morning to confirm. Overall experience was very positive. We were seated promptly, greeted by our very friendly outstanding waitress within minutes. She was very well versed on the menu and specials as well as the wine list. Our drinks were never empty. The food was outstanding! I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- usually outstanding food....myzzzzzDined on 10/22/2013usually outstanding food....my spouse had a excellent "special" entrée,,,,but mine was not favorable. Will not order again..Special Features:
- wonderful restaurant.Lisa839095Dined on 10/20/2013We thouroughly enjoyed our dinner. The waiter was extremely attentive and nice. The manager and other employees even check to see if our dinner was up to standard. Which of course it was. I have already recommended your restaurant and will continue to do so. The food was amazingly wonderful!! Thank you for a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent. TheirGayleDined on 10/5/2013The food was excellent. Their fish is the best. My son also raved about the steak.Special Features:
- Great night out!bonappetitDined on 9/28/2013Ambiance was nice. Table to view live music but far enough where it didn't disturb. Glass separated our table from bar area. Service and host were extremely friendly and personable. Antipasta was excellent! Food was well prepared. Our anniversary dinner was intimate and provided entertainment with the live music. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucheon partyLunchpartyDined on 9/23/2013Friendly reception from the minute we opened the door by the Hostess to the service at the table. Overall my guest enjoyed themselves. "Thank You" for a relaxing time at lunch with excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.