1828 Parmenter Street
Middleton, WI 53562Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.villadolcecafe.com/
- Phone: 6088330033
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: Villa Dolceʼs accurate, on time and delicious catering is available to parties of up to 100 people, anywhere in Middleton. Our fresh Italian cuisine will please all of your guests with a variety of appetizers, salads, pizzas, pastas, and desserts. From business luncheons to bridal showers, anniversary parties to graduations, our long list of returning and regular catering customers are proof of our client satisfaction. Call or email our owner, Faton Lumani, at 608-833-0033 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Special Events: Monday Night Special - 10% off all Pizza Wednesday is Date Night - 1/2 price bottles of wine.
A word from Villa Dolce
A modern Italian cafe in the heart of downtown historic Middleton. With a contemporary vibe this fusion Italian gem features unique topping gourmet pizzas, handmade pasta and famous Gelato.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Villa Dolce - Best Restaurants in Middleton ›
Villa Dolce reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)great for outdoor dining (8)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (7)special occasion (6)romantic (5)great for lunch (3)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Thought we would try itOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I have lived in Middleton for years and thought we would try this place. Nothing special but nice. Probably won't go back.
- Always good food and service.JoyceDined on 8/29/2014We enjoy the food and service and ambiance, and we brought two other people with us for this night out.Special Features:
- Our new favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We have been attempting to enjoy this amazing find, but seem to be in town most often on Sundays visiting our 3 Badgers... We had the rare opportunity during the week and jumped into a tranquil well appointed oasis of amazing food, stellar service, and a wine/beer list to cater to everyone in our large family. And they flawlessly accommodated a family or 5 - not easy in Madison during busy move-in times. We are arranging our schedules to visit again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureWITravelerDined on 8/18/2014The wait staff was careful with our order, particularly with our grandson's special request. We like sitting in the quiet back room, but felt a bit neglected for a time. Our waitress was apologetic & attentive once the high demand elsewhere resolved. The pasta dishes are dependably good, and we enjoyed the always dependable pasta caprese & apolonia salad. The gelatos are lovely, but I continue to pine for the elusive lime variety.Special Features:
- Pizza in Middleton's Cute DowntownOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/15/2014Busy place on a Friday evening. Pizza and salads were fine; reservation saved a long wait in line.
- Always good food and service, and cJoyceDined on 8/1/2014We go here often, and the staff pretty much all know us. It makes it a special occasion.Special Features:
- Always good food and serviceJoyceDined on 7/18/2014We often go to Villa Dolce, and they pretty much know us now, and the wait people are very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Healthy offrerings at Villa DolcetastybitesDined on 7/14/2014I took my friend to Villa Dolce for her 60th birthday, and was happy to see so many salad offerings - I hadn't remembered that being the case a few years ago. The eggplant appetizer was outstanding, very flavorful and just dripping in warm, gooey cheese! My kale/quinoa salad was delicious topped with salmon, healthy but very satisfying. The one disappointment was that the perfect little round table by the front window had been replaced with two smaller square tables - not at all the 'feel' by the window that I remembered. I would definitely go back to Villa Dolce for a quiet, relaxed meal, however.Special Features:
- Great pizzaMarieVIPDined on 7/8/2014We like this spot. The pizzas are creative and delicious. The wine list is very good. Service is good. And for some reason we like to sit outside. The tables are practically in traffic and these days in a road construction area. But we still choose to sit outside and watch the activity of Middleton. We will be back.Special Features:
- Good PizzactgoldenbearVIPDined on 6/21/2014This was our 2nd time to Villa Dolce, and we again were very pleased. The salad and the pizza was excellent. I would highly recommend Villa Dolce to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food and service, and cJoyceDined on 6/13/2014We come here often, and the staff knows us, so it is definitely a pleasurable experience, as the food is always good and the service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!TcampaDined on 6/5/2014We sat outside of this charming restaurant. The food was great I had the shrimp and scallops over fresh made linguini which was fantastic! I highly recommend this restaurant. The service at villa Dolce was equally great and from the hostess to the server they were very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 101 reviews are from the Villa Dolce reviews archive.
- The best Italian restaurant.JoyceDined on 5/23/2014The evening was lovely and the service great. We always enjoy coming to Villa Dolce. One of our favorite places. Comfy, and enjoyable.Special Features:
- Great food!WineNightMamaDined on 5/19/2014Great food, perfect ambiance, loved the gelato bar! The only downside was they were short staffed when we arrived so we sat for about 10-15 minutes before we were served drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty pizzaFoodieSnobDined on 5/17/2014We had a group of family for our son's graduation dinner. The pizza and Italian dishes were very flavorful and simply yummy. It is a very cute little restaurant with a quaint feel to it. We definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014My two daughters brought me here for a Mother's Day treat. The food was wonderful! I have recommended your restaurant to several people already.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food and serviceJoyceDined on 5/9/2014We have dined here frequently and always enjoy the food, the service and the wine. They even gave us a small chocolate divinity because my husband had recent successful cataract surgery.Special Features:
- A Must TryJoJoDined on 5/6/2014Food was fabulous, service was wonderful, and the price was very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy dining hereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014We have had a good dining experience here several times. Comfortable home-like seating. Although menu selection not huge, we have always enjoyed the seafood specials. Interesting pizza choices. Service above average. Multiple gelato choices for dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2014I've been to Villa Dolce before and had great experiences, however last time we went the food was only okay. I'm figuring we caught them on an off night since we usually have great pizza there. What bothered me the most was the hostess and wait staff were bickering with each other not once but twice in front of us. I know you aren't always going to get along with everyone you work with, but never show that in front of customers. Made us not want to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place, great AtmosphereJoyceDined on 4/11/2014It was a lovely place. We come often, as we know the food and wine to be excellent. Love the atmosphere.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesnocomplaintsDined on 3/15/2014My husband and I frequent Villa Dolce often because it is a cozy, friendly neighborhood spot. We always feel welcome and have a lot of fun with the staff. This time, we treated my mom and sister to a visit to Villa Dolce and they too had a great time. The staff made them feel right at home. The food and service were both very good; if not excellent. There is something about the atmosphere that is simply special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service and theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014Very good service and the food was delicious. It was a little noisy but still able to carry on a conversation at the table. The chairs were very comfortable and we did not feel rushed. I would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has gone downhillMkattDined on 2/26/2014This used to be a great little place we went to 2-3 x/month. Romantic, half-price wine night, great food. Now, just mediocre.
- Best bolognese and desserts!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2014This is such a pretty place and cozy. I was thrilled we could get in on a Friday night, with little (and changing notice). I tried the lemon drop, which was as delicious as it was pretty - and not too sweet. I'm a self proclaimed bolognese sauce snob - and I love their version of a rich, tomatoey, hearty ragu over the thick noodles. I love the spoon, cause I want to enjoy every drop. It's hard to find restaurants that make their own desserts. For 5 of us, we had a hard time narrowing down our selection to 4. I was glad to have room for dessert, the creme brulee was divine. It took me a long time to go the first time because I figured I wouldn't be able to get in - don't make the same mistake. Great place for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!KnipsLinzDined on 2/21/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in the Madison area. It's a charming little place with amazing food and a great wine selection, plus their gelato is to die for. I would recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice decor--niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Good food, nice decor--nice quiet atmosphere to have a relaxing meal of one of their specialty pizzas or pastas. A bit of a fooler as you need to go inside to get a feel--not much curb appeal, but they did a good job of creating a nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- don't go out to dinner on a holidayambrai101VIPDined on 2/14/2014the service was as good as it could be, considering we were all packed in like sardines flying coach...I made the mistake of sitting on the outside of a row of tables sitting back to back- it was like getting hit by the beverage cart every time the waitress or another person tried to get by. Food was good, but experience was less than desirable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved the food and the overallBryanDined on 2/14/2014I loved the food and the overall experience. Parking is challenging but we'll definitely be back to sample the pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never dis appointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2014I have made 3 visits over 7 months and have always been impressed with the staff, the accommodations and food on my most recent trip we enjoyed a thin crust pizza with pears and caramelized onions, and a superior calzoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have never had a missMiddletonfoodfanDined on 1/24/2014We joined neighbors for dinner during restaurant week. Always enjoy eating at Villa Dolce. Every entree is perfectly prepared and presented. If you want a pizza but have advanced to the gourmet variety, they do an excellent job of filling that craving. The atmosphere is modern in an old building. We all noted the good acoustics on a busy night. Service was prompt and friendly but not rushed. They have a good wine list and great desserts. We have had lunch at Villa Dolce and several dinners. Thanks for being in Middleton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekamitisraeliDined on 1/24/2014Also I visit during "Madison Restaurant Week" - the suggested menu was not "good enough" to pay $25 or even $30. we pick items from the standard menu, which turn to be better and less expensive as the suggested "special" menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Courteous and HelpfulBrianaDined on 1/21/2014Went here for restaurant week. They were more than accommodating and really made us feel welcome. Very enjoyable. The food was amazing. I'd go back over and over again as a regular customer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food and serviceJoyceDined on 1/17/2014We always enjoy dining here, and the wait people are excellent, especially Delores.Special Features:
- One of our favorite spots!WiscoCoupleDined on 12/31/2013This place has been one of our favorite restaurants since we discovered it 6 months ago. The food is always great & the service is friendly and efficient. A perfect atmosphere for a date or small group. Desserts are fantastic too, made in house daily! Have brought friends with us and recommended it to many others. Already looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great local treat!ckeithDined on 12/6/2013Villa Dolce is a cozy local eatery with great food, a good selection of wines, and wonderful range of gelatos for dessert. (Actually, their tiramisu is also excellent.) The wild mushroom flatbread appetizer is superb, as are the bruschetta and caprese. I also highly recommend the butternut tortelaci and the beef bolognese for main courses. Every pizza I've had there has also been terrific. The atmosphere is cozy and comfortable, and service is prompt and friendly. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Compared to other places inKCKLEINDined on 11/15/2013Compared to other places in Madison that we've been to recently, I would say this place is "quiet", just not as quiet as a dinner for two at home :) Great food! We had the carbonara and the Godfather calzone (filled with meats). Cocktails and wine were excellent! Will definitely go back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely place, great AtmosphereJoyceDined on 11/1/2013The waitress, Delores, is exceptional, and the food is quite wonderful. We always have a special time there.Special Features:
- Food excellent, noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2013Food excellent, noise level loud on a Friday evening. A little small and seating crowded, but service was good, nice village ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best CrustSusieVIPDined on 10/19/2013Truly the best crust I have ever had on a pizza. Tasted homemade and fresh. So delicious! We'll be back!Special Features: