Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana
530 N. Coast Hwy 101
Encinitas, CA 92024Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vigiluccis.com/
- Phone: (760) 634-2365x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Dinner M-Th 4pm-10pm.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11am-11pm
Lunch offered Friday Saturday and Sunday 11-3pm
Happy Hour in the bar daily
M-Th HH hours are 4-7pm- F, S,S 11am -6pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Victor Ibara
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer full service catering from a formal dinner of six people to an elegant wedding of three hundred. Our in house event coordinator will take care of your every need - rental, floral arrangements, wine selection, servers and bartenders
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining space is available for large or small groups. A unique and charming outdoor courtyard is perfect for small to medium parties. While the indoor main dining room experience is enhanced with live piano tunes. The restaurant is available as a complete buyout option.
- Private Party Contact: Denise Joseph 7606707173x
- Entertainment: Enjoy dinner or cocktails in the main dining room and bar where exciting live music can be heard from the Baby Grand Piano.
A word from Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana
The newly relocated and renovated restaurant in the Vigilucci's Restaurant Group, Vigilucci’s Trattoria Italiana features an exceptional menu of Italian favorites, certified prime steaks and the freshest seafood. Open for nearly two decades, 2014 marks the 20 year anniversary of Vigilucci’s Trattoria formerly located in Encinitas. Menu highlights include many of the company’s signature dishes and a few new ones. The restaurant’s dog-friendly patio along Hwy 101 is the perfect spot to people watch. After shopping the many eclectic boutiques and shops that make Leucadia so diverse enjoy Happy Hour daily from 4-7pm and on Saturdays and Sundays an expanded time from 11-6pm in the bar. Happy Hour menu, to boast a few include ribs, crab cakes, Ahi Sliders and wine and drink specials. Private dining space is available for large or small groups. Our casual yet sophisticated piano bar enhances the dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana - Best Restaurants in Encinitas ›
Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (38)great for outdoor dining (31)special occasion (31)romantic (27)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (21)notable wine list (20)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (9)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Great Italian food and drinksOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We took my wife's parents here for dinner as a thank you for watching the kids while we were out celebrating our anniversary last week. My wife and I split the Antipasto salad and the chicken cacciatore. After tasting it, I wished I had just ordered a full portion for myself it was that. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Outstanding!foodloverDined on 10/15/2014Excellent food, ambiance and great music on the piano. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- good not greatbeanDined on 10/7/2014I have eaten here before and if you stick to the pasta it's very good. On this occasion I choose the swordfish special. It was bland and uninteresting. Very little flavor and side dish of mashed potato and zucchini only added to the bland taste. Stick to the pasta.Special Features:
- Great DinnerSpecialnightoutDined on 10/4/2014I made an Open Table reservation for 7:30. The restaurant called me back and asked to change it to 8:00. We were not seated until about 8:40. Although this had something to do with a group who sat for a long time, it's up to the restaurant to gently push people out so they can turn their tables. The service was good, but not outstanding. Because we were seated so late, the wait staff was starting to be distracted by fatigue and closing duties. it wasn't bad service, it just wasn't quite up to fine dining standards. The food however was amazing, and I'm still thinking about it two days later. We were a table of 6, and we ordered 5 different dishes. Each was delicious. Truly delicious, and prepared,to perfection. We Wil return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and service!CarlsbadFoodieVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was our first visit to this newer location. The food has always been good, but our dinner on this visit was fantastic! Particularly, the roasted artichoke appetizer (inventive and tasty!), the diver scallop entrée (tender scallops served on risotto cakes with a flavorful tomato and veggie sauce) and chocolate lava cake (light as air, to die for) are things you should try! Our server was super friendly and made some fantastic suggestions! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightKaschmerDined on 9/29/2014We enjoyed Monday night date night. The menu had great choices and my husband could see the football game from our table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicous Italian in LeucadiaDebraCADined on 9/27/2014This restaurant is a neighborhood gem, just completely renovated with yummy food. The pasta bolognese and chicken parmigiana are our favorites. Downstairs are private rooms and a beautiful courtyard for outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Back Patio has Great AmbianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014We came during restaurant week on and the place was packed. We made reservations in advance through OpenTable which was definitely a plus. The outdoor patio in front and inside dining area was very noisy, so at first I thought it would be a bit much, but then the hostess took us through the back and down the stairs to an outdoor back patio. Much quieter and very cute. There is another house/structure in the back with additional indoor tables. The server was very attentive and courteous. Both our meals were delicious (we ended up not ordering off the restaurant week menu after-all). Outdoor heaters on the patio a plus! Will definitely return, and when we do, will request the same section.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingNanKDined on 9/27/2014I have eaten her twice before and the food was great. But our food on Saturday night was not good. There were five of us and none of us liked our dish. Robbie's Ribs were burnt and they had to bring out a new batch, my chicken was rubbery, pasta was bland and three people ordered Saltambuca which tasted like canadian bacon. The owner asked if we liked our meal, we were honest and he very graciously comped two meals for us (which we did not ask for) and explained that it was a new chef he was working with. Because I enjoyed the other two visits to this restaurant, I would give it another chance. I do not like the small room in the back, people kept passing us and hitting my chair to get to the back deck area.
- Delicious meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014Great brunello, caprese, Ceasar salad, margarita pizza, pasta! Everything was delicious. Live music in the bar they have speakers playing it on the patio.Special Features:
- Vigilucci's new additionMarkDined on 9/24/2014We ate here for the first time during Restaurant Week and were very pleased. All three courses were delicious and service was good. There was even a piano player down by the bar area (which was crowded). Unlike some of the restaurants in this area, this one has ample parking behind the building. We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love the piano playercrazyhbsDined on 9/21/2014The filet mignon was already cut up, which was odd, but it was tasty. It was on a bed of polenta which needed a bit of flavoring. Very different from the dish I had at the Carlsbad restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KitsDined on 9/21/2014The food was as always outstanding. I brought my daughter(from Chicago) and my best friend from Phoenix. We took pictures and put them on face book. In should say my daughter put the pictures out to be reviewed. The response was tremendous. Both of the ladies are still talking about our experience. Our waiter was really wonderful. We look forward to visiting you soon. I would like to tell you about the Carlsbad experience. I afraid it was not so favorable. The flies were terrible, the service was not up to Vigilucci's standards, the food was only fair. On a positive note we stopped by the Coronado location and as usual out experience was again outstanding. Thank You, Kit MartensSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great establishment!!carlsbad77Dined on 9/21/2014Everything was great about this venue, service, food and ambiance!Special Features:
- Favorite RestaurantNorthCountyLocalDined on 9/20/2014This is one of our favorite places to eat! Great food, great service, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing birthday dinnerFoodieVIPDined on 9/19/2014What a fabulous dinner for my grandpas 82nd birthday! Everything from the food to the service was beyond amazing! We love this restaurant and can't wait to return this week! Thanks Vigilucci's your so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetsyLDined on 9/14/2014Our third visit to Vigilucci's this summer - we haven't been disappointed once, what a great place!Special Features:
- sweetgalDined on 9/12/2014First timer will be back. Food very good, Dessert excellent! Pleasant surprize at dinner was the Piano player. Vary nice touch. Good food, wine and entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food was outstanding and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!BetsyLDined on 8/30/2014This was our second trip to Vigilucci's and both visits have been outstanding - great food, great decor and great service! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice transformationUnhappyparkerVIPDined on 8/28/2014Newly renovated Vigilucci's in Encinitas (formally Robbie's) is a wonderful addition to the area. They have a done a terrific job in transforming a very casual spot into more of a fine dining restaurant with multiple seating areas from the main dining room incorporating the piano bar (more vibrant/noisy);the pizza oven area with a few tables (quieter and on the same level); and numerous outdoor areas on the patio for a more romantic atmosphere. The food and menu was good although the fettuccine alfredo was very gummy and bland.The manager asked how everything was and we were honest about the fettuccine - he was very apologetic, comped the dish & bought us dessert as well. All in all a nice transformation and welcomed addition to the area.Special Features:
- Vigiluccis - LeucadiashivasDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food and service. My wife and I sat out on the front patio is the pleasant Southern California weather and had a great time. We both ate classic Italian dishes, Spaghetti and Meatballs and Spaghetti with Clams and they were great. My request for Angel Hair pasta was greeted enthusiastically and the house wines were excellent values. We will return on out next visit to the West Coast.Special Features:
- Popular and worth itFrancisDined on 8/23/2014The place weas full and we could see why. The food was good and the atmosphere pleasant. The service was not quite as good as it should have been, but that may just have been our waiter, and was not so much bad as not quite at the same level as the rest of the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurantDebraCADined on 8/16/2014Good food and lovely ambiance abounds in this Leucadia gem. My only complaint would be the loud volume of the live piano player singing aloud which inhibited our conversation at the table. It would have been wonderful to have soft background piano music but the addition of live music was actually annoying.Special Features:
- RivoDined on 8/13/2014The entire staff treated us wonderfully. The ambience and atmosphere was perfect as was the food both in selection, variety, and quality. Our server, Maia, was just fabulous. She was very attentive to our every need without hovering over us. We had dinner with another couple and all of us were extremely satisfied with every aspect of our dining experience We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceJoannaDined on 8/2/2014Very nice renovation done from the old Robbie's Roadhouse but a bit of an older crowd scene. I would take my parents if they came to town.Special Features:
- sotiredofcookingDined on 7/24/2014This wonderful restaurant recently re-opened after an extensive remodel. It's so beautiful inside and out! Some of our friends have thought it looked a bit stuffy when peeking in. NOT SO! It's cozy and very comfortable, and the food is fantastic! Visit them real soon...you will be so happy you did!Special Features:
- PoppiePoppieVIPDined on 7/23/2014Had two great meals here. Food is delicious, wait staff very friendly and knowledgable. The piano player is a great asset, choices of music was good and he has a real nice style, welcoming but not in the way of conversation.Special Features:
- AS GOOD AS IT GETSEdwardVIPDined on 7/18/2014Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana is absolutely one of the very finest restaurants in the area. Everything was perfect: the personnel, welcoming atmosphere, sophisticated yet comfortable ambiance. The food was fantastic, as good as anything here or in New York! Vigilucci's was a sublime experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and AmbiancewriterjohnDined on 7/12/2014The remodel is fantastic as is the food. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014this is just a wonderful restaurant with a great atmosphere and great staff. We love the new the new location and menu. We will definitely go back. The outdoor patio is very charming along. The pizza oven is another great feature.Special Features:
- North County winner.aviaracarolVIPDined on 7/7/2014This is a great addition to North County. Food was delicious and nicely presented.Service and ambience were excellent.Fine Italian dining and surprising outstanding baby back ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staying Away for AwhileglobaldinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014A regular customer but somehow pushed the wrong button for the wrong location on tonight's reservation. I understand that July 4 weekend is busy, but did not expect the glares from the hostess when I was informed that there was no record of my reservation. Apparently I had booked at another restaurant, Vigilucci Trattorio, in the next town. The restaurant business is difficult and I support restaurants globally, but the response was local and provincial and I was sent away. My response will be to subscribe to other restaurants. The food here is ok for a Californian Italian restaurant, but the service tonight was unfriendly through and through.Special Features:
- Great food and locationJAJ77Dined on 7/4/2014This is a gem. Great seating in the back and great food. Waitress was a little untrained and green for a location like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 30 reviews are from the Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana reviews archive.
- The service is spectacularBrendaDined on 6/21/2014On our 40th anniversary, we went to Viggilucci's in Encinitas, and were seated on the outside patio in the back of the main building. Fabio was our server, and he MADE our night. Oh, the food was amazing, the ambiance was awesome, but Fabio was the highlight of our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Ordered the sea bass special, it was tasteless and rubbery(which is hard to do with sea bass, usually it is like butter)My husband order pasta with meat sauce, it was good. The service was very good.
- Always a TreatextynctVIPDined on 6/21/2014I always love to eat at any of the Vigilucci's restaurants, but this one in Downtown Carlsbad is my favorite. Try the homemade ravioli. It changes every day but is always exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much foodMjbeachDined on 6/20/2014Seeking a good value for the service size, it's Vigilucci's. We always leave food on the plate... A favorite for Veal Parm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEnjoygoodfoodVIPDined on 6/13/2014Ordered the Fettucine Salmone. Total amount of salmon was 4 little pieces. Fettucine was pretty mushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014The ambiance, food, service and lighting made for a remarkable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.