Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana
530 N. Coast Hwy 101
Encinitas, CA 92024Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vigiluccis.com/
- Phone: (760) 634-2365x
- Hours of Operation:
Open for Dinner M-Th 4pm-10pm.
Friday, Saturday and Sunday 11am-11pm
Lunch offered Friday Saturday and Sunday 11-3pm
Happy Hour in the bar daily
M-Th HH hours are 4-7pm- F, S,S 11am -6pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Victor Ibara
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We offer full service catering from a formal dinner of six people to an elegant wedding of three hundred. Our in house event coordinator will take care of your every need - rental, floral arrangements, wine selection, servers and bartenders
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining space is available for large or small groups. A unique and charming outdoor courtyard is perfect for small to medium parties. While the indoor main dining room experience is enhanced with live piano tunes. The restaurant is available as a complete buyout option.
- Private Party Contact: Denise Joseph 7606707173x
- Entertainment: Enjoy dinner or cocktails in the main dining room and bar where exciting live music can be heard from the Baby Grand Piano.
A word from Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana
The newly relocated and renovated restaurant in the Vigilucci's Restaurant Group, Vigilucci’s Trattoria Italiana features an exceptional menu of Italian favorites, certified prime steaks and the freshest seafood. Open for nearly two decades, 2014 marks the 20 year anniversary of Vigilucci’s Trattoria formerly located in Encinitas. Menu highlights include many of the company’s signature dishes and a few new ones. The restaurant’s dog-friendly patio along Hwy 101 is the perfect spot to people watch. After shopping the many eclectic boutiques and shops that make Leucadia so diverse enjoy Happy Hour daily from 4-7pm and on Saturdays and Sundays an expanded time from 11-6pm in the bar. Happy Hour menu, to boast a few include ribs, crab cakes, Ahi Sliders and wine and drink specials. Private dining space is available for large or small groups. Our casual yet sophisticated piano bar enhances the dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana - Best Restaurants in Encinitas ›
Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (31)special occasion (30)notable wine list (23)romantic (22)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- BetsyLDined on 9/14/2014Our third visit to Vigilucci's this summer - we haven't been disappointed once, what a great place!Special Features:
- sweetgalDined on 9/12/2014First timer will be back. Food very good, Dessert excellent! Pleasant surprize at dinner was the Piano player. Vary nice touch. Good food, wine and entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The food was outstanding and the service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!BetsyLDined on 8/30/2014This was our second trip to Vigilucci's and both visits have been outstanding - great food, great decor and great service! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice transformationUnhappyparkerVIPDined on 8/28/2014Newly renovated Vigilucci's in Encinitas (formally Robbie's) is a wonderful addition to the area. They have a done a terrific job in transforming a very casual spot into more of a fine dining restaurant with multiple seating areas from the main dining room incorporating the piano bar (more vibrant/noisy);the pizza oven area with a few tables (quieter and on the same level); and numerous outdoor areas on the patio for a more romantic atmosphere. The food and menu was good although the fettuccine alfredo was very gummy and bland.The manager asked how everything was and we were honest about the fettuccine - he was very apologetic, comped the dish & bought us dessert as well. All in all a nice transformation and welcomed addition to the area.Special Features:
- Vigiluccis - LeucadiashivasDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food and service. My wife and I sat out on the front patio is the pleasant Southern California weather and had a great time. We both ate classic Italian dishes, Spaghetti and Meatballs and Spaghetti with Clams and they were great. My request for Angel Hair pasta was greeted enthusiastically and the house wines were excellent values. We will return on out next visit to the West Coast.Special Features:
- Popular and worth itFrancisDined on 8/23/2014The place weas full and we could see why. The food was good and the atmosphere pleasant. The service was not quite as good as it should have been, but that may just have been our waiter, and was not so much bad as not quite at the same level as the rest of the experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood restaurantDebraCADined on 8/16/2014Good food and lovely ambiance abounds in this Leucadia gem. My only complaint would be the loud volume of the live piano player singing aloud which inhibited our conversation at the table. It would have been wonderful to have soft background piano music but the addition of live music was actually annoying.Special Features:
- RivoDined on 8/13/2014The entire staff treated us wonderfully. The ambience and atmosphere was perfect as was the food both in selection, variety, and quality. Our server, Maia, was just fabulous. She was very attentive to our every need without hovering over us. We had dinner with another couple and all of us were extremely satisfied with every aspect of our dining experience We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceJoannaDined on 8/2/2014Very nice renovation done from the old Robbie's Roadhouse but a bit of an older crowd scene. I would take my parents if they came to town.Special Features:
- sotiredofcookingDined on 7/24/2014This wonderful restaurant recently re-opened after an extensive remodel. It's so beautiful inside and out! Some of our friends have thought it looked a bit stuffy when peeking in. NOT SO! It's cozy and very comfortable, and the food is fantastic! Visit them real soon...you will be so happy you did!Special Features:
- PoppiePoppieVIPDined on 7/23/2014Had two great meals here. Food is delicious, wait staff very friendly and knowledgable. The piano player is a great asset, choices of music was good and he has a real nice style, welcoming but not in the way of conversation.Special Features:
- AS GOOD AS IT GETSEdwardVIPDined on 7/18/2014Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana is absolutely one of the very finest restaurants in the area. Everything was perfect: the personnel, welcoming atmosphere, sophisticated yet comfortable ambiance. The food was fantastic, as good as anything here or in New York! Vigilucci's was a sublime experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal and AmbiancewriterjohnDined on 7/12/2014The remodel is fantastic as is the food. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014this is just a wonderful restaurant with a great atmosphere and great staff. We love the new the new location and menu. We will definitely go back. The outdoor patio is very charming along. The pizza oven is another great feature.Special Features:
- North County winner.aviaracarolVIPDined on 7/7/2014This is a great addition to North County. Food was delicious and nicely presented.Service and ambience were excellent.Fine Italian dining and surprising outstanding baby back ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staying Away for AwhileglobaldinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014A regular customer but somehow pushed the wrong button for the wrong location on tonight's reservation. I understand that July 4 weekend is busy, but did not expect the glares from the hostess when I was informed that there was no record of my reservation. Apparently I had booked at another restaurant, Vigilucci Trattorio, in the next town. The restaurant business is difficult and I support restaurants globally, but the response was local and provincial and I was sent away. My response will be to subscribe to other restaurants. The food here is ok for a Californian Italian restaurant, but the service tonight was unfriendly through and through.Special Features:
- Great food and locationJAJ77Dined on 7/4/2014This is a gem. Great seating in the back and great food. Waitress was a little untrained and green for a location like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service is spectacularBrendaDined on 6/21/2014On our 40th anniversary, we went to Viggilucci's in Encinitas, and were seated on the outside patio in the back of the main building. Fabio was our server, and he MADE our night. Oh, the food was amazing, the ambiance was awesome, but Fabio was the highlight of our night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Ordered the sea bass special, it was tasteless and rubbery(which is hard to do with sea bass, usually it is like butter)My husband order pasta with meat sauce, it was good. The service was very good.
- Always a TreatextynctVIPDined on 6/21/2014I always love to eat at any of the Vigilucci's restaurants, but this one in Downtown Carlsbad is my favorite. Try the homemade ravioli. It changes every day but is always exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much foodMjbeachDined on 6/20/2014Seeking a good value for the service size, it's Vigilucci's. We always leave food on the plate... A favorite for Veal Parm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEnjoygoodfoodVIPDined on 6/13/2014Ordered the Fettucine Salmone. Total amount of salmon was 4 little pieces. Fettucine was pretty mushy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014The ambiance, food, service and lighting made for a remarkable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantDaveCDined on 6/10/2014As usual this Vigilucci's is another outstanding restaurant for north county it even as a piano bar which you don't find often. Food and more importantly the service was the best. We have eaten at the other Vigilucci's in Carlsbad and this one was as equal to them.Special Features:
- A nice change for North CountysashaBVIPDined on 6/8/2014My first thought about this newcomer to the Vigilucci's restaurants is that the service is outstanding. GM Bruce and waitperson Paolo are top notch. And Yasmin at the reception is delightful. All very professional and friendly. There is a piano player who adds a nice background of Cole Porter-ish tunes. The food: There were 2 of us. We split a cesear salad, which, tho' very good, could have used a bit more of a bite. One of us had a pasta dish that was outstanding. One of us had clams and mussels in a tomato garlic broth. Seafood was perfect, the broth, not so good. When the GM stopped by to inquire, I was honest and he removed the dish from our bill. Would I go back? Definitely. Will try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014It was delicious dinner, in charming new digs! Our table was in the downstairs patio was quiet, intimate and could not have been more perfect! thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014My wife and I been dining here for years at the "old" location, new space is larger and still has fantastic service and great food! The staff is super detailed without being pretentious or taking themselves to seriously... never ad a bad dish. These guys know food and customer relationships :)Special Features:
- Family DinnerFammanDined on 6/1/2014We enjoyed a Sunday dinner with our sons in the new restaurant. My youngest loves the capesante secchi and loved it again. Service was attentive, but I missed having an Italian server. Attempting to practice my Italian is one of my favorite parts of visiting Vigiluccis.
- Wonderful new locationJAJ77Dined on 5/24/2014We love the new Vigilucci's. We usually go to the Carlsbad State st location but this one by far is much nicer. Service has improved considerably from when they originally opened and they have fixed those startup problems. Food is great as is at all Vigi locations.
- DisappointedDavethedinerVIPDined on 5/23/2014First I will say the food was excellent - the calamari was in a wonderful tomato sauce and very good - and both veal entries my wife and I had were wonderful - But their service has gone way down hill - my wife asked three times for the heaters to be turned on - never happened and no response as to why - we had long waits between her trips to the table and there appeared to be plenty of staff. Also high road noise from 101 was very disagreeable - just not an enjoyable time
- The following 17 reviews are from the Vigilucci's Trattoria Italiana reviews archive.
- semma31Dined on 5/13/2014Very noisy. Can do without bar singer. Good food. Programmed servers. Nice mgrSpecial Features:
- great neihborhood placeglenDined on 5/11/2014new location is spacious and remodel looks great. Service and food were excellent.
- Let's Do DinnerFoodgoorooDined on 5/11/2014Valentine's Night 2014 with a dense fog that played off the candles in the fertile sea air was a perfect setting for a perfect meal. Fresh in house made pasta with seared scallops, porcini mushrooms and white truffle oil was truly a treat. Fast forward Mothers day 2014 11:15 am. The restaurant was nearly empty. When asking if the server had tried 2 of the items on the brunch menu I patiently waited for some type of response, thinking she was maybe rearing to deliver something epic. Her response to how the omelettes tasted was 'large', her response to how the pizzas were was 'all the same size'. We ordered both Benedict's, tiny portions of crab, no tomato, bland, 18 dollars, poor presentation. Dinner at vigiluccis, breakfast at local diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great remodel!luvtocookDined on 5/9/2014What a fabulous job Robbie did on the remodel. This will be one of our favorite go to places for dinner. Our dinner Friday night was superb; service was outstanding; great buzz; beautiful atmosphere. So happy they've reopened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/4/2014The food and service was great! I love the newly remodeled restaurant! Everyone in our party of four loved the food and being from Italy that says this authentic italian cuisine!! We all can't wait to return!! Thank you Vigilucci's for an awesome birthday dinner!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!CathymVIPDined on 5/2/2014It was our 21st wedding anniversary and we decided to try the new location, as we had been to the one in Encinitas several times. We are SO glad we did. The evening was so memorable due to the delicious food, the attentive staff, and the beautiful surroundings. They have done an outstanding job with the space using gorgeous materials and accessories. My husband had the special shell fish - including lobster, calamari and mussels. They were generous with the shellfish and it was well worth the price. I had the pasta with eggplant and it was just the right spiciness and was very good. The star of the meal though was the pizza we started with. WOW! We'll be back!Special Features:
- new eranorthcountyfanDined on 5/2/2014The food met usual Vigilucci standards, however the dining room was noisy even though it was not full. Nostalgia for the old trattoria "uptown" and the prior Roadhouse/Pizzeria was my predominate reaction.Special Features:
- Great food beautiful placeRenatoDined on 4/26/2014Second time there, first time service was outstanding, second time was good. Food excellent both times, place looks great. Great menu. many items to choose from and interesting specials. This place is run very well.Special Features:
- Such a disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 4/26/2014I was extremely disappointed. I have food allergies (no sugar added to anything and no wheat, cornstarch, flour, etc.). After questioning the server as to what was in the food, I settled on a pesto pasta dish ($17) with added shrimp ($5 extra). Vegetables were substituted for the pasta. The dish was presented with extremely runny sauce and no shrimp. When the shrimp finally arrived, it was what you could buy in a bag of frozen shrimp at the store. Just awful. Then the server charged me $24 for the entrée and $5 for the shrimp. I was overcharged $7 for my meal. Suffice it to say, I won't be going back to this restaurant. For the money we spent, we could have gone to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.