Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
3878 Carlsbad Blvd
Carlsbad, CA 92008Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vigiluccis.com/
- Phone: 7604342580
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerhard Oesterlein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
Vigilucci's Seafood and Steakhouse with an Italian flair. The restaurant faces the Ocean. One of the best views in San Diego. Open seven days a week with an outstanding Sunday brunch. Private room available for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
130 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (114)great for outdoor dining (90)special occasion (82)romantic (67)fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (46)notable wine list (37)great for lunch (30)good for groups (16)great for brunch (15)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (10)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- VIGILUCCI'SOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2014SEATING OUTSIDE A MUST. INSIDE DINING VERY QUIET. FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. GREAT STEAKS. SERVICE WAS GOOD.Special Features:
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner with great service. Well worth the priceSpecial Features:
- Vigilucci's CarlsbadOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014Nice location. No parking option but valet (OK with me). My skewered mixed grill was excellent, except for a somewhat tough piece of filet. My wife's king crab was perfect, and both pasta sides were delicious. Service was nice but not extraordinary. Overall, we would return and recommend this restaurant to our friends and familySpecial Features:
- Catch a WaveFood4thotVIPDined on 8/20/2014If you like being near the Ocean with a spectacular view, this Restaurant is for you...excellent steak and scallops....tuna sashimi was to die for.....our anniversary made more special by the friendly service.....good energy all around.....catch a wave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pateDined on 8/16/2014Only thing didn't like was the $4 charge to park. Really not necessary in their own lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting daughterGmello51Dined on 8/15/2014We had a very nice night and very good food. The ambience was nice and the only delay was on our reservation. It took about 15 minutes to get and after our reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Was looking for a great steak with an ocean view- Vigilucci's delivered. Only negative is that there is a busy road between the restaurant and the ocean. Staff is friendly and efficient- food is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, horrible fly problem!BreezyDined on 8/10/2014The food was absolutely wonderful. Makes my mouth water thinking about it. The flies agreed with me, it was a fight to the death with at least 5 or 6 of them to keep my food all to myself. We were sitting outside which probably contributed to the fly problem, but I've sat outside at many other restaurants and not encountered quite that many flies. The servers were nice, but seemed to disappear for long periods of time when we needed them most. (drink refills!) Overall I would go back for the food alone but sit inside the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining by the ocean!Muffin1790Dined on 8/9/2014We requested and were seated with an ocean view table outside on the patio. The tables inside were filled as was the outside patio. Even though it's an Italian restaurant, 2 of us ordered steaks ......Very good and served beautifully! The other 2 ordered spaghetti and meatballs.....and they were pleased too. Outdoor seating can be very noisey as Carlsbad Blvd runs along side the patio. The beach is across this highway. Valet parking only too.Special Features:
- A favorite!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/9/2014It's slightly on the pricey side, but worth it. Great food, generous portions, a variety of options and a great view. The ambience is lovely minus a small amount of traffic noise. Perfect for date night, small family get togethers or lunch with girlfriends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!MaddieDined on 8/8/2014I have been here before and was very impressed with the food. This time I was just floored by how wonderful everything was. We watched as the sun set on the ocean and it was magestic. The restaurant is on a busy street but the noise was not an issue. It almost felt like you where in your own enclosed bubble.Special Features:
- OutstandingDaveCDined on 8/2/2014We have always found this restaurant to be outstanding, the food, the service and staff are always excellent. This has been are go to restaurant for special occasions.Special Features:
- We love Vigilucci's!FoodieCoupleDined on 8/1/2014Vigilucci's Seafood and Steakhouse never fails to provide us with a wonderful dining experience. We love all of their restaurants: for the quality, the unique combination of flavors, and for their willingness to accommodate our special dietary needs without compromising taste. This location adds a beautiful view to go with the beautiful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedLuv2greeneggDined on 8/1/2014We arrived 15 minutes early for our 8:00 reservation, they seated us at 8:35. We ordered our food and 10 minutes later the water comes back and drops the menu in front of me and says we are out of the veal chop, no apology. I said really? His comment was "we sometimes run out of food when you have a late reservation" We didn't have a late reservation, they were late seating us, very disappointing!Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsSusanDined on 8/1/2014We had friends visiting from Florida and Vigilucci was top on our list of places to take them. They were not disappointed! As usual, we were warmly greeted at the door. At 7:30 (our reservation time) we were seated on the patio with a lovely view of the ocean. Appetizers, dinners and desserts were all perfect and we left stuffed and happy. The service here is wonderful as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confusing Dining ExperienceDiner2goVIPDined on 7/31/2014After checking out the menu and prices, we were surprised at how inefficient the service was. The food was good, but when the service is slow (we watched the waiter leaning against the wall laughing with another server until he noticed we could see him) it made for a less than enjoyable evening. Not sure we would go back.Special Features:
- 25th anniversaryjerseygirlDined on 7/26/2014We dined here on a Saturday evening for our 25th anniversary. We had reservations which seems like a must for this place. The location is great, staff was excellent, food was expensive (but nothing great). Nice place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencehappyguestDined on 7/24/2014The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. Our server was outstanding! The food presentation was beautiful!Special Features:
- Well Done!!abart55Dined on 7/22/2014Best meal we've had since arriving in Carlsbad six months ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When you go to an Italien resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/21/2014You expect one thing! The staff were from Italy. It was great with the Italian accents. Now the food.....everything at the table for 8 was great. The salads were a good portion. The steaks were very good. Yes, we go back to celebrate family birthdays!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2014We have eaten there many times, but their prices have gotten out of control for the amount and quality of food! We will not eat there again when we are in Carlsbad.Special Features:
- Nice mix of meats and fishGastronautDined on 7/18/2014Many choices and several daily specials. Good location; great view. Valet parking. Loud restaurant. Staff is well trained.Special Features:
- hit and missporkersDined on 7/14/2014some of the "classic" dishes like the carpacchio were amazing but the tweeked pasta fell flat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great early dinner after the beachJaneCJDined on 7/12/2014We booked an early dinner to finish off an afternoon on the beach. The food was excellent, the view great from the patio and the service perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great secret find!BritFanDined on 7/8/2014We met some friends from San Diego and wanted a restaurant at the halfway mark, so visited Vigilucci's on a friend's recommendation. It was a gorgeous Southern California evening and we couldn't have asked for better weather or a better view! The bar was lively and fun, just enough seats without being wild. We sat indoors when dining by the window but since we were there several hours, it was perfect as it did get a little chilly later in the evening (although the outdoor seating looked divine). The food was fantastic and all 4 dishes were top notch! Will definitely go back and will highly recommend. One note: noise level became a bit loud and difficult to hear each other at the table but depends on the activity level around the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMcGeeVIPDined on 7/5/2014Made the reservation for a friend. The manager came out and greeted him as a first time diner there and made sure that he and his wife were having a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Dining on beach in Carlsbad, CANancyAZDined on 7/3/2014Very nice seafood. The homemade raviolis were very even though the sauce was heavy. My husband had pasta with clams -- the waitress was nice enough to remove the shells from the clams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of CarlsbadIntenditoreDined on 7/2/2014This is the place to go when in Carlsbad if you looking for an amazing food treat, perfect service and a lovely ambiance.Special Features:
- I will be back!ChrisDined on 7/1/2014Brought an east coast friend here. We were all very happy with our meals (cioppino was fabulous) and the lovely ocean view. Sat on the patio and it was a wonderful experience overall. Fascinating watching the valets try to move the many cars around the tiny parking lot - like a complicated puzzle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vigiluccis, an Italian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014The restaurant is a gem. Located directly across the street from the ocean, the views are terrific. However the best quality of this restaurant is it's service. The staff, from the valet to the manager, are fabulous. The menu contains a wide range of dishes, from beef to lobster. The restaurant is busy, especially during the summer, so make sure you make reservations. We have never had an issue with OpenTable when booking our reservation.Special Features:
- Great view and fabulous food!LocalVIPDined on 6/27/2014The service is notably friendly and attentive as well. The grilled seafood platter is my all-time favorite at any Vigilucci's, not cheap but worth every penny!Special Features:
- KiamaraKidDined on 6/26/2014Great food, the veal was too big for my wife. A little on the high end of price. Good place for an occasion. KSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Viewmamabearof2Dined on 6/25/2014Awesome patio seating....great ocean view...Cioppino is outstanding! It's what my husband to Vigilucci's for! My salmon was great, so fresh! The best was the dessert....Tortino Al Chocolatto-a chocolate lava cake, raspberry sauce with Vanilla Bean gelato-TO DIE FOR. We like to save Vigilucci's for special occasions but really it would be great anytime!Special Features:
- Delicious!tlfc4Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our dining experience. Excellent food and wine choices and a beautiful view. We also had excellent service.Special Features:
- Great view, great foodCDeworldDined on 6/21/2014Certainly there are seafood and steaks on the menue, but also in keeping with Vigilucci's roots, there are a number of excellent dishes with Italian influence. The staff is helpful and friendly and there a number of reasonably priced wines on the menu. Everything was very well prepared and visually appealing. Do not expect a quiet atmosphere; outside seating is subject to traffic noise and inside the conversation level tends to be high, but it is always lively and upbeat.Special Features:
- Dining in Carlsbad, CAFastEddyDined on 6/19/2014Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse is must for those looking for fine dining in the Carlsbad, CA area. The food was very good, our waiter was exceptional. Sometimes when you go to a restaurant like this, the wait staff is a little pretentious, perhaps even a bit haughty; not here. There were only a few negatives: parking - tight quarters but the valets get it done; a little slow filling water glasses, bringing coffee; we had to send my wife's steak back for more grill time, she likes it VERY well (it's sad, really). Overall, my wife and I had a wonderful evening. I'm confident you'll enjoy your experience, too. Thanks, Vigilucci's!Special Features:
- Tasty!DrMamboDined on 6/18/2014The mushroom and scallop pasta dish that I had was delightful. Easily obtained reservations, they were ready for us when we arrived. And my food was delicious. Would definitely eat here again. Didn't love the oil & vinegar combo for dipping the bread, but I could see how some would like it.Special Features:
- For Romantic Get AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/18/2014Worth the trip, but, a bit pricy, service lacked. Appeared there was confusion between wait staff and table service.Special Features:
- Great find!CheplerDined on 6/17/2014The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Great bar to sit and watch ocean and passersby. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewSpagettidogDined on 6/16/2014Food was good, view is wonderful, service is slow and that is an understatement. Would have liked to have another glass of wine with dinner. We were afraid our coffee would be cold or gone by the time we got desertSpecial Features: