Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
3878 Carlsbad Blvd
Carlsbad, CA 92008Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vigiluccis.com/
- Phone: 7604342580
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerhard Oesterlein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
Vigilucci's Seafood and Steakhouse with an Italian flair. The restaurant faces the Ocean. One of the best views in San Diego. Open seven days a week with an outstanding Sunday brunch. Private room available for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (104)great for outdoor dining (81)special occasion (77)romantic (64)neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (36)notable wine list (31)great for lunch (24)great for brunch (18)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- 25th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We dined here on a Saturday evening for our 25th anniversary. We had reservations which seems like a must for this place. The location is great, staff was excellent, food was expensive (but nothing great). Nice place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencehappyguestDined on 7/24/2014The staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. Our server was outstanding! The food presentation was beautiful!Special Features:
- Well Done!!abart55Dined on 7/22/2014Best meal we've had since arriving in Carlsbad six months ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2014We have eaten there many times, but their prices have gotten out of control for the amount and quality of food! We will not eat there again when we are in Carlsbad.Special Features:
- Nice mix of meats and fishGastronautDined on 7/18/2014Many choices and several daily specials. Good location; great view. Valet parking. Loud restaurant. Staff is well trained.Special Features:
- hit and missporkersDined on 7/14/2014some of the "classic" dishes like the carpacchio were amazing but the tweeked pasta fell flat!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great early dinner after the beachJaneCJDined on 7/12/2014We booked an early dinner to finish off an afternoon on the beach. The food was excellent, the view great from the patio and the service perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great secret find!BritFanDined on 7/8/2014We met some friends from San Diego and wanted a restaurant at the halfway mark, so visited Vigilucci's on a friend's recommendation. It was a gorgeous Southern California evening and we couldn't have asked for better weather or a better view! The bar was lively and fun, just enough seats without being wild. We sat indoors when dining by the window but since we were there several hours, it was perfect as it did get a little chilly later in the evening (although the outdoor seating looked divine). The food was fantastic and all 4 dishes were top notch! Will definitely go back and will highly recommend. One note: noise level became a bit loud and difficult to hear each other at the table but depends on the activity level around the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerMcGeeVIPDined on 7/5/2014Made the reservation for a friend. The manager came out and greeted him as a first time diner there and made sure that he and his wife were having a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Dining on beach in Carlsbad, CANancyAZDined on 7/3/2014Very nice seafood. The homemade raviolis were very even though the sauce was heavy. My husband had pasta with clams -- the waitress was nice enough to remove the shells from the clams.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of CarlsbadIntenditoreDined on 7/2/2014This is the place to go when in Carlsbad if you looking for an amazing food treat, perfect service and a lovely ambiance.Special Features:
- I will be back!ChrisDined on 7/1/2014Brought an east coast friend here. We were all very happy with our meals (cioppino was fabulous) and the lovely ocean view. Sat on the patio and it was a wonderful experience overall. Fascinating watching the valets try to move the many cars around the tiny parking lot - like a complicated puzzle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vigiluccis, an Italian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014The restaurant is a gem. Located directly across the street from the ocean, the views are terrific. However the best quality of this restaurant is it's service. The staff, from the valet to the manager, are fabulous. The menu contains a wide range of dishes, from beef to lobster. The restaurant is busy, especially during the summer, so make sure you make reservations. We have never had an issue with OpenTable when booking our reservation.Special Features:
- Great view and fabulous food!LocalVIPDined on 6/27/2014The service is notably friendly and attentive as well. The grilled seafood platter is my all-time favorite at any Vigilucci's, not cheap but worth every penny!Special Features:
- KiamaraKidDined on 6/26/2014Great food, the veal was too big for my wife. A little on the high end of price. Good place for an occasion. KSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great Viewmamabearof2Dined on 6/25/2014Awesome patio seating....great ocean view...Cioppino is outstanding! It's what my husband to Vigilucci's for! My salmon was great, so fresh! The best was the dessert....Tortino Al Chocolatto-a chocolate lava cake, raspberry sauce with Vanilla Bean gelato-TO DIE FOR. We like to save Vigilucci's for special occasions but really it would be great anytime!Special Features:
- Delicious!tlfc4Dined on 6/21/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our dining experience. Excellent food and wine choices and a beautiful view. We also had excellent service.Special Features:
- Great view, great foodCDeworldDined on 6/21/2014Certainly there are seafood and steaks on the menue, but also in keeping with Vigilucci's roots, there are a number of excellent dishes with Italian influence. The staff is helpful and friendly and there a number of reasonably priced wines on the menu. Everything was very well prepared and visually appealing. Do not expect a quiet atmosphere; outside seating is subject to traffic noise and inside the conversation level tends to be high, but it is always lively and upbeat.Special Features:
- Dining in Carlsbad, CAFastEddyDined on 6/19/2014Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse is must for those looking for fine dining in the Carlsbad, CA area. The food was very good, our waiter was exceptional. Sometimes when you go to a restaurant like this, the wait staff is a little pretentious, perhaps even a bit haughty; not here. There were only a few negatives: parking - tight quarters but the valets get it done; a little slow filling water glasses, bringing coffee; we had to send my wife's steak back for more grill time, she likes it VERY well (it's sad, really). Overall, my wife and I had a wonderful evening. I'm confident you'll enjoy your experience, too. Thanks, Vigilucci's!Special Features:
- Tasty!DrMamboDined on 6/18/2014The mushroom and scallop pasta dish that I had was delightful. Easily obtained reservations, they were ready for us when we arrived. And my food was delicious. Would definitely eat here again. Didn't love the oil & vinegar combo for dipping the bread, but I could see how some would like it.Special Features:
- For Romantic Get AwayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/18/2014Worth the trip, but, a bit pricy, service lacked. Appeared there was confusion between wait staff and table service.Special Features:
- Great find!CheplerDined on 6/17/2014The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Great bar to sit and watch ocean and passersby. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewSpagettidogDined on 6/16/2014Food was good, view is wonderful, service is slow and that is an understatement. Would have liked to have another glass of wine with dinner. We were afraid our coffee would be cold or gone by the time we got desertSpecial Features:
- Vigilucci's RevieweaglemommaDined on 6/15/2014The food and the view were speculator. The service wasn't that good however. Our waitress never checked on us during the whole time we had our food. We had to ask somebody else for a dessert menu. We spent $255 on lunch for 4 of us, you'd expect the service to go with that price but it did not. I would not go back based on the service.Special Features:
- AmbienceNeutrinoDined on 6/14/2014Great setting, wonderful menu and excellent service. We had a delicious meal. The food was well prepared without being over seasoned and the presentation was appetizing without being pretentious. Our Chianti was robust and memorable.Special Features:
- Perfect...but priceyCalbeachladyDined on 6/14/2014We really enjoyed all our dishes, service, the view. We came to celebrate a special birthday dinner for my daughter. Her husband took her here for their first date and then later proposed to her here too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2014This is my favorite Italian restaurant in San Diego County. The food is always outstanding and consistent. The only negative I can say about this location is that it was a very loud. I normally sit outside or by the window.Special Features:
- perfect saturday nightfoodnwineDined on 6/7/2014We had one night in Carlsbad and we picked the perfect restaurant....drinks at the bar.....a late seating....just past sunset....the food was a uniquely varied from the standard faire...and delicious!Special Features:
- Saturday NightMattDined on 6/7/2014Had a wonderful dining experience with excellent service and great food. Everyone enjoyed their appetizers and main courses chosen. Loved the atmosphere and awesome ocean views. Will definitely be coming back with our friends. Thanks again!Special Features:
- lunch vigilluccisbruss1825Dined on 6/5/2014Had a business lunch with out of town guests. Always my go to place for visitors. Good food near he beachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GGGolfDined on 6/3/2014Great food and service. We tried it for the first time and were delighted with the excellent flavors in our dinners. Our service was fun and efficient as well.Special Features:
- Wonderful from start to finishMimiDined on 6/3/2014From the moment I arrived and was met by the valet, the entire staff was so friendly and approachable. They all made me and my mother (celebrating her 77th birthday) feel special and attended to our every need. The cocktails and wine selection was wonderful as was the caprese salad we shared. Mom had the filet and I had some home made pasta and mushrooms and both dishes were cooked to perfection and tasted amazing. Our waitress surprised mom with creme brûlée for a birthday dessert complete with candle. Upon leaving, the valet was charming and left us laughing as he retrieved our car. It was really the best meal and service I've had in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunset DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/2/2014Loved the food here. The chicken/sausage/steak dish with veggies wrapped on eggplant was just awesome. Heather our server was fantastic. In fact I am booking a table for 20 for our next company dinnerSpecial Features:
- OutstandingKLDBDined on 6/2/2014We have never been disappointed with the service, food and ambiance.Special Features:
- Has it all!localsDined on 5/27/2014Took some friends out for a birthday lunch, and looked for a scenic spot on the beach with a view of the water. This place was perfect. The menu is varied, all our choices were suburb. Waitstaff was just what you would hope for, helpful and attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:
- Slow & BlandAv8rDined on 5/25/2014We sat on the patio for our reservation. View is amazing. Waiter was SLOW. I can count on one hand the number of times he checked on us - including taking our order. While we were up for dessert, we opted to pass since we didn't know how long it would take. My wife ordered a gluten free pasta dish. She NEVER adds salt to any dish and she had to add salt to give it some flavor. The asparagus and salmon didn't even have any flavor. My meal was great - a special not on the menu that was of the surf and turf variety. Snow peas were great as well. Thankfully we were seated outdoors - otherwise, the noise inside would have been overwhelming I believe. Overall, not a bad experience - just not what I had hoped for on our final night in Cali.Special Features:
- It was okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/18/2014We have been to this restaurant before and loved it. I have to say we were not real pleased with all the food. My potato was rock hard and my vegetables tasted odd. My prime rib was good. My husbands salmon fettuccini was just ok. We didn't say anything there because we were with my daughter and her new husband and didn't want to make a scene. Also, when I made the reservation on line I believe I put in the comments that we were celebrating 29 years of marriage, nothing was mentioned :( At this point not sure we would go back.Special Features:
- Best Italian by in CarlsbadRWilmsDined on 5/16/2014We've gone here several times for Sunday brunch - awesome spot overlooking the sea in Carlsbad - so we went on Friday evening for dinner. Amazing chow! Great wine! Awesome service! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great sunset diningDrumanatorDined on 5/16/2014Great place for sunset dining. Would liked it more if our steaks were a little less done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricy ViewJackDined on 5/14/2014It is all about the view. The food is good as well-but you are paying for the view. A bottle of House Wine-$24. entree's begin at 36.Special Features: