Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
3878 Carlsbad Blvd
Carlsbad, CA 92008Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vigiluccis.com/
- Phone: (760) 434-2580
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gerhard Oesterlein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse
Vigilucci's Seafood and Steakhouse with an Italian flair. The restaurant faces the Ocean. One of the best views in San Diego. Open seven days a week with an outstanding Sunday brunch. Private room available for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Vigilucci's Seafood & Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (78)great for outdoor dining (72)special occasion (61)romantic (49)fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (24)notable wine list (19)good for groups (16)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (12)great for brunch (8)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Superb - as alwaysWoodpileVIPDined on 11/18/2014Ocean view - ambience - great service - scrumptious food! One of the best in Carlsbad and at the top of our favorite five!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewmdmjwVIPDined on 11/13/2014This restaurant has a great ocean view. I was disappointed with the carbonara. The pasta was not homemade, and the sauce was not creamy like the traditional carbonara I love. Overall just so so.Special Features:
- Oh the sunset!BarbDined on 11/3/2014Wow, what a view. And not only the view, the food. Potions are plentiful, flavorful and beautifully served. Staff is attentive and friendly. All and all, a lovely evening watching the sun set over the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Always have dinner here when we vacation in Carlsbad. Have never been disappointed. It's one of the highlights of our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Your Typical Fancy RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014Whenever my wife and I eat somewhere nice, we're always thrown off by the small menu, abnormal ingredients, and small portions. Vigilucci's is the exception! The menu had incredible options; so many that we must return to try others! These options are unique, without being discouraging to picky eaters. And the portions!! I got the Surf N' Turf and was surprised at the size of my steak, full-size lobster tail, fettucine alfredo, and vegetables! I can see why so many people recommended we try Vigilucci's. And the beach-front view was spectacular. Also, the waiter was actually from Italy; that's a good sign!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in all aspects.EatDrinkMoneyVIPDined on 10/26/2014Food and service is always great. A little pricey, but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaraswatiDined on 10/18/2014Great restaurant. I have had the pleasure of having dinner at this restaurant several times and it has always been a wonderful experience. The food is great and the service is excellent. I would recommend it for special occasions or any time. The ambiance could be romantic, but since it is so popular it can noisy as well. Other than that, is a fantastic place.Special Features:
- WildcatDined on 10/18/2014This is a regular stop when we are in the area. Great outdoor patio at sunset.Special Features:
- Great ocean view and delicious foodCarrieDined on 10/18/2014The service here was great. My husband and I went for our anniversary dinner and sat on the patio. The view was wonderful except for the fact that there is a busy four lane road between the restaurant and the ocean. It was quiet and the food was very good. They surprised us with a complimentary creme brulee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunsets and spaghetti!eleanorDined on 10/18/2014Beautiful sunsets and delicious spaghetti! What could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sparkling servicePattyVIPDined on 10/15/2014The seafood was lovely, especially the feature dish. The special that night was a white wine, asparagus, and rock shrimp risotto with a one pound lobster on the side. The lobster was cooked perfectly unlike most restaurants that cook them to the point of an elastic band this one was like butter. Our waitress was warm and knowledgeable, making her guests feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food with ocean viewsKimEDined on 10/14/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our anniversary dinner here. The food was delicious and well-presented with plenty to eat. Our waiter was friendly and made excellent recommendations. The sunset over the ocean added to a beautiful evening.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner for our daughtersDebsfavsDined on 10/13/2014We chose this restaurant as it is one of the few in Carlsbad with an ocean view. We have been to other Vigilucci's so I knew we would not be disappointed. The restaurant was fantastic. We could not have had a better dining experience. Heather, our server, treated our 10 year old daughters so great. They loved the Creme Brûlée for dessert! My husband and I had the Penne ala vodka with shrimp and it got better by the mouthful until it was gone! The girls had Spaghetti Bolognese and loved it. The Calamari was an excellent starter. We cannot wait to return!Special Features:
- business friendlycactusDined on 10/8/2014We were able to host two different clients for lunch and post-lunch. Staff was very accommodating, food excellent, and fantastic view.Special Features:
- On the beach at sunset for dinnerDonJoseinRanchoSantaFeDined on 10/3/2014Another excellent meal with great service at Vigilucci's Seafood and Steakhouse in Carlsbad on Carlsbad Blvd. Only negative is the number of motorcycles passing by at sunset. The noise almost ruins an otherwise perfect setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SunsetsWoodpileVIPDined on 10/3/2014THE place to be for a beautiful sunset - great food - excellent service - and fun environment. If there after the sunset . . . all else still applies!Special Features:
- Favorite Restaurant of All timeskg111012Dined on 10/1/2014Absolutely love this restaurant! Brought my dad and mom to celebrate my dad's birthday. We had such a great time. The food and wine were magnificent! Heather, our server, was phenomenal!Special Features:
- Vigiluccis for AnniversaryFlashDined on 9/25/2014My wife had the Filet and ahi tuna, loved it. I had the salmon over lentils and enjoyed it very much. Sunset over the ocean was a highlight and our waiter was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb setting, quality diningBettyLouDined on 9/25/2014Food is very tasty; the chef's hand with Italian flavors is consistently excellent. We had osso buco and spaghetti carbonara, both exceeded expectations. A balmy day at the ocean, they left the doors to the patio open, but then we had flies at our table.Special Features:
- beach resturantbeanDined on 9/25/2014excellent food, great view. Parking is limited but they have valet parking. Suggest you book in advance, patio dinning.Special Features:
- Visited with 6 for a birthdayjasonbDined on 9/24/2014Beautiful place. Tables are tightly packed together. Sunset view was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BusinessBusinessfunDined on 9/24/2014Always a wonderful experience. I brought my suppliers in from China and they were just amazed at the location, view and the presentation of the food. They were taking pictures of all entree's served. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the waiter...getyourvalueVIPDined on 9/21/2014Satisfactory food, though the food was a cut below their Carlsbad downtown location. Our server needed a little help. Had to come back because he forgot what was ordered, and from there on was really slow on every account. But, he was professional once getting to us. We might have thought he was just loaded down with other tables, yet we rarely could see him anywhere on the floor. In any event, the nice location for casual dining will likely bring us back.Special Features:
- Good SeafoodexosonDined on 9/21/2014We had a nice time the other night. I had a mixed seafood grill and my wife had a chilean sea bass special. Both quite good. Baked oyster starter we shared was wonderful. I'd love to have the steak here, but the price puts me off. I was real interested in the veal chop the other night, but I wasn't willing to spend $60 for an entree.Special Features:
- Diappointing Food and ServiceseafoodloverDined on 9/17/2014Took a while to get waited on to order our food. I ordered the special sea bass. Sea Bass was not very good and not much flavor. I wanted some lemon, but I never did get it as the waitress never checked back. Overall, a very disappointing meal.
- Special local favoriteLJTriesteDined on 9/16/2014Vigilucci's is a great little restaurant right on the coastal drive in Carlsbad. If you are looking for an excellent location for brunch or a special dinner at sunset, it is ideal. The food and service are great and the location has a wonderful view. While it is not cheap meal after a day at the beach, it is an excellent place to enjoy great food and a glass of wine while watching the sunset over the cliffs of Carlsbad.Special Features:
- ChristieChristieVIPDined on 9/16/2014Beautiful view...great food...went two nights in a row!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Very nice, and a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Fairly expensive but very good food, excellent service and a wonderful view of the oceanSpecial Features:
- 18 Year Anniversary SpecialMelissaGDined on 9/8/2014We booked our reservation for this restaurant (we are new to the area and kept driving by). The table we were seated at was perfect to watch a sunset! The entire experience from drinks to dinner to dessert was past amazing! Our wait staff were super friendly and knew we were celebrating our anniversary and made our night extra special. We shared two meals and both were super delicious! We will DEFINITELY be back to celebrate other special occasions. It was romantic, quiet and the ambiance was relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the priceMdelDined on 9/6/2014I have been to this restaurant on 6 different occasions. It had been about two years since my last visit. I'm not sure when it happened, but the prices have skyrocketed. $50 for one sausage, and two small nuggets of chicken and filet is way too much money. Also, if you put in a request for an outdoor table well in advance, it should be honored. Or at least reserve a booth with a view. If it is the case that outdoor cannot be guaranteed, the reservation system should state that. It was an anniverasry dnner and I would have found a better place that is not as costly with an outdoor table.Special Features:
- Great food & Scenic Location!sdb730Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went to Vigilucci's for our anniversary. We wanted a scenic restaurant on the water with delicious food and Vigilucci's did not disappoint. Vigilucci's is about as close to the beach as you can get and the view is lovely. Our server was Italian, very knowledgeable and super attentive. The food was delicious and we enjoyed a beautiful sunset. The next time we are in Carlsbad, we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Place -- and Pet Friendly!lskesq95VIPDined on 9/6/2014We love Vigilucci's, and this is one of our favorite spots in the restaurant group. Great menu, impeccably prepared food, marvelous service. Nothing not to love. We did a repeat on the Amarone 'cause it's just so darn good and ordered the lamb -- sooooo good! Our dining companions equally loved their food and experience. Best of all, Vigilucci's is pet friendly on the patio (which we so appreciate) and we were able to bring our beloved Italian Greyhound, enjoy leisurely fine dining and a lovely evening out. Love this place!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent ciopinno! Wish you had not run out of some of the dishes...lamb, lobster,oysters.Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningKirkyVIPDined on 8/25/2014The food, wine and service were lovely - keeping this one in our weekly rotation.Special Features:
- VIGILUCCI'SOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/24/2014SEATING OUTSIDE A MUST. INSIDE DINING VERY QUIET. FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. GREAT STEAKS. SERVICE WAS GOOD.Special Features:
- Great food!foodloverDined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful dinner with great service. Well worth the priceSpecial Features:
- Vigilucci's CarlsbadLikegoodfoodDined on 8/24/2014Nice location. No parking option but valet (OK with me). My skewered mixed grill was excellent, except for a somewhat tough piece of filet. My wife's king crab was perfect, and both pasta sides were delicious. Service was nice but not extraordinary. Overall, we would return and recommend this restaurant to our friends and familySpecial Features:
- Great Place, Delicious food!RdiningDined on 8/21/2014Ambiance and service was great! Did not feel rushed, very attentive service. The food was delicious, fresh and beautifully presented. We sat at an outdoor patio table and the ocean view was very enjoyable. We had a great evening!Special Features:
- Catch a WaveFood4thotVIPDined on 8/20/2014If you like being near the Ocean with a spectacular view, this Restaurant is for you...excellent steak and scallops....tuna sashimi was to die for.....our anniversary made more special by the friendly service.....good energy all around.....catch a wave!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pateDined on 8/16/2014Only thing didn't like was the $4 charge to park. Really not necessary in their own lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.