Vigilucci's Ristorante Coronado
1300 Orange Ave
Coronado, CA 92118Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Vigilucci's Ristorante Coronado
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vigiluccis.com/Ristorante.html
- Phone: 6195220946x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday Brunch 11:00am-3:00pm
Happy Hour Daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Dana Sills
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer full service catering from a formal dinner of six people to a elegant wedding of three hundred. Our in house event coordinator will take care of your every need - rental, floral arrangements, wine selection, servers and bartenders.
- Entertainment: Masculine wood lines the custom made granite bar and lounge, where weekend nights "Rat Pack" tunes can be heard live on our baby grand piano. Come enjoy dinner or a cocktail in a warm sophisticated atmosphere.
- Cross Street: Churchill Avenue
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We suggest street parking. The Coronado Plaza does offer an underground parking garage and is available for your convenience at the fee set forth by the garage management.
Please be advised: As of July 1st, Vigilucci's will no longer be validating parking tickets from the lot beneath the restaurant.
We apologize for the inconvenience and value your patronage.
For entrance to the parking structure proceed south on Orange Ave and entrance is on R.H. side on Dana/ Adella Ave.
A word from Vigilucci's Ristorante Coronado
Vigilucci's is located on Orange Avenue next to the famous Hotel del Coronado. Dine with us in our "Oceano" room while viewing the magnificent Pacific Ocean or enjoy our "Murano" room overlooking Orange Avenue (named for the Murano glass chandeliers that decorate the room) while feasting on our authentic Italian ingredient laden entrees. In addition Vigilucci's has a full bar and happy hour is offered Monday through Friday from three to seven pm and Saturday & Sunday from eleven am to five pm. Masculine wood lines the custom made granite bar and lounge, where nightly tunes of the "Rat Pack" can be heard live on our baby grand piano. The "Oceano" room is open for dining or may be booked for parties up to 90 people. When dining in Coronado visit Vigilucci's Ristorante for an authentic Italian experience. -Buon Appetito! Roberto VigilucciContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vigilucci's Ristorante Coronado reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (45)great for outdoor dining (36)romantic (35)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (19)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (15)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (9)scenic view (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (3)Show More
- Seafood Extravaganza!MandMAZDined on 9/12/2014Order this for an awesome seafood experience. Great place to celebrate any occasion with that special someone. Right in the heart of Coronado, just two blocks from the beach. Nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant.... Love it here!!Luv2dineoutDined on 9/4/2014Have been here several times and have never been disappointed. Friends we bring also love it. The only downside is parking. There is a parking garage that you could park in with validation, however now the garage manager has made it so expensive the businesses cannot afford to provide parking. You pay $5.00 every thirty minutes.... Not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Had a lovely night here, food was great, service fantastic and there was live music with a singer on the piano. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/20/2014Good food and good service in a pleasant atmosphere make dining a pleasure. Excellent place to dine before a play at Lamb's Theatre. Noise level was low permitting pleasant conversation - but, we were there early. So, I don't know how noisy it gets later in the evening.Special Features:
- Vigilucci'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014We were visiting from Chicago, and I was craving steak. We were able to get a table right away at Vigilucci's on a Sunday night. The service was wonderful. We have a five month old baby, and they were very accommodating. I had the filet, and it was very good. We would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food and serviceMrMJVIPDined on 8/12/2014Excellent food and service at this restaurant. The entire staff was very attentive and the food was very good. The location is great as it is close to the Del and right off the main street in Coronado. I will return her the next time I am in the area.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinner on the patioApril72VIPDined on 8/11/2014We met friends for dinner and dined outside on a patio. The food was excellent, the patio was very enjoyable, and the setting was quite and perfect for catching up with friends. Will go again.Special Features:
- Good Italian resaurantjfkbikeVIPDined on 8/10/2014Everything we had was good. Wine list is decent but no bargains. Service was not over the top but not lacking either. Would go back again for sure.Special Features:
- Menu change at the corporate levelGreatVIPDined on 8/9/2014This place has been a long time favorite of ours. Unfortunately some recent recipe changes to some favorite dishes have occurred and they were not for the better.
- Always a great place.JoeCDined on 8/7/2014They gave my girlfriend a birthday card and free desert. Always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. D.Y.paddleboardingDined on 8/3/2014All 9 of our meals were delicious!! Veal dishes are spectacular! Service is really excellent!!!Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerpatrickjosephgarahanDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten at Vigilucci's Coronado several times and picked it for a special anniversary dinner. The entire experience was outstanding, we each had a salad that was excellent, but the main course was even better. We ordered the 25 oz, bone-in ribeye, that we shared. We paid an extra $3 (over the $60 charge for the entree) to share. No one could eat this whole thing - it should be packaged for two, we even took some home - but we each got a baked potato and sauteed spinach on our own plate for the extra $30 - a good deal. Every bite was outstanding - hot and tasty. The meat was delicious. For dessert - creme brulee (complimentary), cannolis and coffee. We brought our own wine -a special bottle ($20 corkage). Good service, too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014The waiter mike made are experience the greatest we have had in along time. The dish he recommend was excellent . Service was excellent. Will make this one of are monthly stops .Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantnadofranDined on 7/31/2014I go to Vigilucci's, not only for the food, but also for the entertainment in the bar. I have never been disappointed. During this visit the crowd was really into the guest singer from Italy who entertains about once a month. He and the piano player work well together and at the end of each song there was lots of applause as well as whistling and whooping. There have been nights when the crowd ignores the entertainment but not this time. The food and service are always excellent. There is a wonderful patio where you can bring your well behaved dog.Special Features:
- Just perfectluv2dineoutDined on 7/25/2014Everything from appetizers to dessert was excellent including our waiter Phillip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful atmosphereLuv2dineoutDined on 7/20/2014Nice atmosphere and great service. Good selection on the menu. Enjoyed the live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as AlwaysEmilieDined on 7/15/2014I have been to some amazing restaurants around the world and this one is deffinately a keeper great food, amazing service and the location is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in Every Way...CMsteveVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food was huge in portion size as well as in flavor. Our service really could not have been better. We dined under the stars on what was a perfect night. They were also very accommodating As I ordered something not listed on the menu and they were happy to do it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they made us feel special!LpstkbizdinerVIPDined on 7/11/2014We were there for our anniversary and treated to a romantic table by the window and a great tiramisu (I am not normally a fan, but this was yummy!) The service was impeccable. We recommend the antipasto - the mozzarella divine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun, excellent service!gus1216VIPDined on 7/9/2014We had an overall excellent experience! Started in the bar for drinks and the superb artichoke appetizer. Then had dinner on the outdoor terrace overlooking Orange. It was perfect and much more comfortable than I thought it would be and it was nice as you could hear the live music from the bar. The restaurant is very pretty and much different from the one in Encinitas. Food just delicious! Never disappointed. Had the veal Milanese. Huge portion! Very nice evening. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/5/2014Great food, service was slow and our food took a really long time to arrive. Staff gave us extra wine as an apology. Prices were high but given the portion size and neighborhood it turned into a reasonable amount.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/5/2014Service and food were inconsistent -- although the patio and restaurant were not full, service was slow; courses were rushed and server missed several order details, never returned to check on entrees, ask if we wanted another bottle of wine, etc. Cocktail ordered specifically with fresh lime juice and served with Roses Lime Juice. Pasta in signature dish was undercooked and clumped together under wonderful sauce.Special Features:
- They sure have their act together!MmmmVIPDined on 7/4/2014As local Coronadons we are regulars at Vigi's. When dining there on July 4 and seeing how packed the restaurant was with everyone wanting to leave before fireworks we were skeptical that service and food could be as wonderful as usual. Well, they sure proved us wrong....our salads and entrees were superb and they sent us happily on our way to enjoy the fireworks on time. THAT is professional! Thanks again Vigis ..I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoicecohibatomDined on 7/1/2014The restaurant has a very small patio off an open air bar. Great pianist/vocalist. Very good food, pricey, but that is life! Nice wine list. Service poor to spotty. That took away from what would have been a great meal.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningLisaVIPDined on 6/29/2014We dined at Vigilucci's with our two kids. We had a nice table outside and there was live music in the bar. Food was great. We ordered the lobster risotto and while it was good, we weren't given proper utensils for the lobster and the shells were not cracked properly, so we had to send it back to the kitchen. Otherwise, the mains were good with large portion sizes. Kids menu was great.Special Features:
- Action1Dined on 6/24/2014The servers were very attentive and polite. Got there early and they let us get in. The food was terific, good portions for the price the sauce was unbelivable. A awesome dining experience.Special Features:
- too noisyfoodiewannabeDined on 6/23/2014Have been here several times. Very crowded on a busy night. We were sitting next to some very I am probably at a friends house sleeping over. I am ok. You are the best perents ever! and very noisy patrons - 6 men. We made eyes, asked the waiter, etc. - all to no avail. It was so loud we couldn't hear each other. Very disappointing. The restaurant has a duty to make sure the ambiance is good for ALL patrons - not just those ordering lots of wine....
- nicesdgalDined on 6/15/2014The restaurant is nice, and the staff is efficient. The corn soup was wonderful. The best dish was the house special salmon. The vongole pasta was a bit too dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014My husband and I took my mom and dad to dinner here for Father's Day. We got out of the play we attended before dinner earlier than expected, so we were quite early for our dinner reservation. The staff was still very friendly and able to seat us at a nice table right away. The service was outstanding, the food was delicious, and we had a great time. None of us had been before, and we were all very pleased with the experience, and will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014This is our 2nd time dining here and the food and atmosphere was great!! We sat on the patio just outside the bar and it was FANTASTIC!!!Special Features:
- Good Spot for Happy HourLouieCVDined on 6/6/2014Came here as two couples for happy hour. The food and the service are very good. Everyone is very attentive and professional. There happy hour had a live jazz duo (singer and pianist)performing jazz standards; very good overall, I believe this place is better for dinner than happy hour. Recommend to those in the area of Coronado and want some upper scale italian food.Special Features:
- Love it here!!Luv2dineoutDined on 5/30/2014We love it here...we have recommended it to friends and now it has become one of their favorite places. The service is excellent, the food is delicious and we love the piano bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceMattDined on 5/27/2014After a very long day the dinner and drinks at Vigilucci's were superb! The service was excellent, non intrusive but available as needed. The food was truly delicious. The cioppino with the pasta was really amazing. The drink pours were generous. I would give all excellent marks. If I had to find a negative it would be the fact that there are, from time to time, loud auto engines traversing Orange Ave that can be a little disruptive. There were couples and families dining near us and the ambiance was very pleasant. Best of all, the price was reasonable. Over all, GREAT!Special Features:
- The following 296 reviews are from the Vigilucci's Ristorante Coronado reviews archive.
- Wonderful experience at Vigilucci'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/24/2014I've had the good fortune to eat at both the Coronado and the Encinitas / Leucadia location. Both have had really excellent food, the service has been wonderful, the restaurants are both beautiful in their decor and the wines recommended for the meals have been spot on. A strong recommendation to make a stop at any of the Vigilucci restaurants. Also a real pat on the back to our server this weekend, Amador, he has only been at the restaurant a short time but you'd never know it from his knowledge of the menu and the wine list. A real pleasure having him take care of us!Special Features:
- Amazing!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2014Amazing, rich, decadent food. On vacation and found this spot! Yum!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patio diningbroncoDined on 5/6/2014Pleasantly surprised with the outdoor patio décor and rooftop location. Excellent food and very pet friendly. We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary and were treated like family. Would highly recommend the veal which was exceptional!Special Features:
- great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014The place is amazing my gf liked alot thats enough for meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food & service!VickyFDined on 4/21/2014We very much enjoyed this restaurant for our anniversary. The service was very attentive. The caprese salad and rack of lamb special were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014My husband and I are residents of Coronado and were thrilled when Roberto opened his restaurant in Coronado. We used to frequent Vigilucci's in Encinitas and now have the convenience of great food and ambiance in our own neighborhood. We have enjoyed many meals, happy hours and events at Vigiluccis, and appreciate the dog-friendly atmosphere. I only have one critique from our recent Easter Sunday meal and that was my veal marsala was less than stellar and a disappointment.Special Features:
- Perfect Way to spend EasterPmdfoodieDined on 4/20/2014Everything was perfect!!! Great service, food, ambiance! We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.