Vigilucci's Cucina Italiana
2943 State St.
Carlsbad, CA 92008Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Vigilucci's Cucina Italiana
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vigiluccis.com/
- Phone: (760) 434-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Victor Ibara
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We have a wide variety of custom catering options and enjoy working with special requests. We are confident in preparing cuisine to your pleasure.
A word from Vigilucci's Cucina Italiana
Nestled in the heart of downtown Carlsbad, Vigilucci's Cucina Italiana is the perfect spot for a quiet night out, with fabulous food and award-winning service. Enjoy an affordable lunch on our outdoor patio or start the evening off at our full-service bar then enjoy a classic Italian dinner and a great bottle of wine. Our daily happy hour is a favorite among locals. A great place for a romantic dinner, a family gathering, a company party or special event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vigilucci's Cucina Italiana - Best Restaurants in Carlsbad ›
Vigilucci's Cucina Italiana reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (39)fit for foodies (34)great for outdoor dining (32)romantic (28)notable wine list (18)good for groups (12)great for lunch (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- last minute business dinnerlivermoredinerVIPDined on 11/20/2014Picked this restaurant off of Open table last minute for a business meeting. They were VERY accommodating to letting us sit and talk for a while before ordering. Food was great and the server and staff worked very well with my guests special requests for dietary needs. Looking forward to eating there again when im in Carlsbad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian in Downtown CarlsbadDearestDined on 11/9/2014The atmosphere makes this place my favorite restaurant in Carlsbad. It has intimate indoor and outdoor dining areas with a small, but well stocked bar and a great wine menu. It is a nice place for date night or to have a quiet dinner with family or friends. I have had excellent service every time without fail. I love the pasta here, and the beef carpaccio is especially good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 11getitorganized11getitorganizedDined on 11/7/2014We absolutely love this restaurant....best Italian food on the West Coast! The red sauce was truly delicious :)Special Features:
- Wonderful food consistently!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014We've eaten at this restaurant several times and it is always crowded, often with well earned lines awaiting tables. The food is always fabulous and is well worth the wait. We tend to dine early and so don't have problems with lines, but when we leave there are always people waiting.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner of vealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014This is an Italian restaurant with fine dining, in a small room just off the street. But the food was wonderful. We had veal scallopini and veal porcini and both were outstanding.Special Features:
- Group Award DiningLuncheonDined on 10/28/2014We enjoyed dining during our awards luncheon. Very good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SpecialCarolDined on 10/8/2014Our waiter was the best we have ever had! We will always order the scallops and fungi with truffle sauce. And the crème brulee was beyond reproach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VigilICIOUS!KevinVIPDined on 10/5/2014We found this place on Yelp, read the reviews, and were curious enough to check it out. Pleasantly pleased w/ this great neighborhood Italian gem. We dined on the outside patio for lunch, and listened to our handsome waiter's suggestions on what to try, and went w/ the recommended Gnocchi dish and Vodka sauce Penne Pasta dish - both were excellent. Had their house Chianti which was very good. The home baked bread that is served w / the meal yummy! I would recommend this place and will return to try their Cioppino. Everything was fresh, good quality and delicious. Service excellent.Special Features:
- Appetizers unappealingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/3/2014The hostess, who's skirt was way too short, almost obscene. Seated us in a corner with a loud group on women next to us. The restaurant had plenty of seats and we did make a reservation. The appetizers were completely unappealing and bland. The entrees were good.
- went for restaurant week.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/1/2014when we came for restaurant week they told us it was over. they did not know it was extended for another week. had to look for the menu. they said this or this and dessert extra. good thing food was good and finally the service was good (tip probably). made a reservation and they had no idea of what we were talking about and told them on the phone it was for a birthday. will not go again.Special Features:
- Best ever!Gina217Dined on 9/28/2014In a word....awesome!!!! Incredible bread, wine, service and food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014We have eaten at Vigilucci's several times with friends and also just the 2 of us. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Italiandeedub1Dined on 9/24/2014This was our second time here. The food has been delicious and plentiful both times. We like the outdoor patio, particularly on Wednesday Farmer's Market Night. The table space is tight, but location is great for Coaster train (walking) access and for people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vig'sSidohDined on 9/19/2014Pretty great food and wine list was extensive. Jus had two large parties next to us being loud and obnoxious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spot!PjLoves2EatDined on 9/19/2014Met a friend for lunch here and sat on their outdoor patio. Great location in downtown Carlsbad and the service was great. Our waiter had several suggestions for us and we let him pick what he though would be good...turned out to be really great. We will definitely be visiting again!Special Features:
- creativecrosbyDined on 9/12/2014Two brothers and a sister and her husband went to dine there, didn't know anything about it except what I had read in the reviews. We were pleasantly surprised. The bar was great, we a had a couple of drinks there and then went to our table The service was fast and the food wonderful. I love the ambiance. My brothers liked it so much they went back the next night!Special Features:
- Pacific ViewPacificViewDined on 8/30/2014Food was just average and the noise level disturbing.
- Great place!MikeBDined on 8/29/2014We really like this place, always sit outside with our dog. Inside is alo very nice. Great food, great service, friendly staffSpecial Features:
- Amazing service and foodPreciousVIPDined on 8/23/2014Came to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and was pleased with the service and food. Our waitress was very friendly and energetic. The filet mignon was very flavorable and cooked to a perfect medium rare. I'm very picky with my chicken piccatta and although it was good here, I've had better elsewhere but I do highly recommend the linguini with pink cream sauce. I also am very picky with my pink cream sauce and this was the best I've had out of all the Italian restaurants I've ate at and the linguini was cooked perfectly. If you have only one place to eat at in Carlsbad then this is the place you must go to. :)Special Features:
- wonderful pastalovetoeatDined on 8/23/2014We tried Vigilucci's for the first time before going to a play on Sat night. We were seated on time and everyone tried something different. We all agreed that our dishes were wonderful and portions were large. Tried the featured wine which was quite reasonably priced. Waiter was there when needed but not overbearing. Definitely will be going back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RavioliOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The best homemade lobster ravioli i have ever had. Nice portion and as usual the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Un très bon repasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Un très bon repas italien. Assiettes copieuses. On était a 4 et on a tous apprécié le plat commande. Donc je recommandeSpecial Features:
- excellent!!HIMEDined on 8/12/2014I went there with my husband and my daughter to celebrate my birthday. Food and service are all great ! They gave us a dessert with a candle on top. it was soooo nice. We would like to come back again. Parking was not so easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/8/2014We LOVE Vigilucci's. especially this location. However, I had lasagna and it was served lukewarm. Our waiter was in a hurry, and he rushed us through dinner, seemed very stressed and not happy. Maybe he was just having a rough day. However, we will return to this restaurant and hopefully will have a better experience.Special Features:
- Disappointing specialSandyDined on 8/7/2014Normally this is one of our favorites! We had friends whom were in the area, and asked us to pick the restaurant for them and their cousins. Upon arriving I did not know there were two well behaved kids. The restaurant did a fabulous job accommodating us and the kids. The service was excellent. I had the pasta special I which I thought was pretty good. But I'm sorry to say my husband had the sea bass, presentation was outstanding but fish was disappointing. Out host had the other special and it looked ok. We were surprisingly disappointedSpecial Features:
- Great food & service; nice ambienceDavidTDined on 8/4/2014Went there beginning August 2014 - had great service that was attentive but not rushed - great food also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Took out of town guests out for dinner. We are all Italian, so thought we would try this restaurant. Fabulous food and great ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where to start...k00lDined on 8/2/2014This is the second time my wife and I have eaten here. The first time I thought the food was good but nothing special (at least my dish.) My wife however loved it. I tried a taste of her dish, and it was a lot better than mine. While deciding where to go and eat, my wife mentioned that she really like Vigilucci's. The food was served with a very short wait. This time both of our meals were delicious. The vegetables were cooked to perfection and and artfully plated. The strawberry gelato with yogurt was very good also. We will return, but we are thinking about trying their other Carlsbad location that specializes in steak and fish.Special Features:
- Our first visithlyhlyDined on 7/29/2014Spaghetti and meatball was one of the best I had and the tuna tartar was also good. Food was generally very tasty and portion was pretty generous. I would also recommend the house wine which I was surprise how good it was.Special Features:
- The following 249 reviews are from the Vigilucci's Cucina Italiana reviews archive.
- Really ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Everything about the experience was so reminiscent of eating in Italy. A terrific experience.Special Features:
- Great ItalianHarryZimmDined on 7/22/2014Good service, great wine list, great food. What's not to like?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayhammyDined on 7/20/2014It was ok, service was good, food was ok. But for the price I expected way better. I chose it over another near by italian place for our daughters 16th birthday. I wish I had gone to the other place.Special Features:
- AwesomeBobaManiacDined on 7/19/2014First timers...awesome experience from reserving for a pretty good size table even though we showed up a little late due to traffic our table was not given away. The food was amazing the wine even better and they even gave a little desert for the birthday boy😁 ...such a great experience we will definitely be returning. Oh and the staff did a wonderful job from recommending wines to serving 👍 thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed FeelingsKTDDDVIPDined on 7/19/2014Nice menu. Our Artichoke appetizer was excellent. The pasta was good. The veal was only fair. There were several families but the ambience suffered due to unruly children and this was at 8:00 p.m. not a early dinner reservation. Tables were a bit crowded together. I was seated next to a small wine cabinet and the hot air coming out of the back made my seat a bit uncomfortable. Our Server was great though!I would recommend this to a friend.
- MusselsKathyBrooklyn2014Dined on 7/18/2014I asked our waiter if I could have mussels with spaghetti since it was not on the menu and he said he would do it up special for me, well I had a total of 8 mussels and 4 of them were not open, so I could not eat them. They should check before it reached your plate since it is very expensive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014scallops with risotto and vegetables were fantastic!!Special Features:
- Great italianCanalgirlDined on 7/9/2014Very authentic. Loved every dish. Very welcoming to our family (2 yr old and 10 yr old). Highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Italian Food+ Waiter!JanielVIPDined on 7/8/2014I have been to Viggilucci's before, but in Encinitas. This one is even more charming with a little outdoor patio area. The darling Italian waiter whose language just made it all seem that much better. My mother in law ordered the special risotto with lobster and a spice sauce. Holy cow! The lobster was huge, intact, and they cracked it for her. It was marvelous! My mom ordered the eggplant parmesan, which was great and had a tied bouquet of vegetables with it. Really gorgeous presentation. I had the Veal Limone (Piccatta). Delicious. Seriously gorgeous food that was authentic and delicious. And we are Italian! The cappucino was the BEST.Special Features:
- Missed Special OccasionFoodieDined on 7/4/2014We celebrated our fiftieth anniversary with you and had a fine meal and excellent service. However, we were disappointed that no mention was made of our special anniversary even though we did mention it when we reserved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High end italianLandcruiserDined on 6/21/2014If you're looking for some authentic italian, this is the place to go. The wait staff is attentive, very friendly and knowledgeable. The food is really what you come here for. After having been to Italy once, this place is the closest i've come to true italian cuisine. Its expensive, but worth it.Special Features: