3 Consuelo Place
Oakdale, NY 11769Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viewoakdale.com/
- Phone: 6315892694x
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Hours January 3-March 31 Monday: Closed Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 4pm-9pm Dinner: Friday 4pm-10pm, Saturday 4pm-10pm Sunday: Brunch 11am-3pm (seatings 11, 11:30, 1 and 1:30), Dinner 4pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William Muzio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer catering in a private room. Let us assist you when planning a wedding, cocktail party or rehearsal dinner. We also offer a lavish champagne buffet brunch every Sunday. Private rooms are available. Ideal for showers, birthdays and anniversaries.
- Private Party Contact: The View caters to a single wedding every Sat 6315892694x
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment and dancing in our cocktail lounge on Friday and Saturday from 7:30 to 11:30pm all year long. From Memorial Day until Labor Day, we have live entertainment Thursday through Sunday. Please see our entertainment schedule on our website for details.
A word from View
Situated at the mouth of the Connetquot River overlooking the Great South Bay, View Restaurant enjoys one of the most beautiful and ideal waterfront dining locations available on Long Island. Whether you are on the outdoor deck, the newly renovated cocktail lounge or the elegant contemporary dining room, the panoramic view is ever present. The magnificent surroundings are only the welcoming mat for what awaits you. For 23 years, View Restaurant has taken great pride in our reputation for exquisite cuisine, professional presentation and excellent service. We look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
View reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (85)great for outdoor dining (78)special occasion (55)romantic (49)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (33)vibrant bar scene (33)fit for foodies (29)great for lunch (27)great for brunch (24)hot spot (18)late-night find (10)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Just2LIersDined on 9/25/2014We always enjoy dining at The View. The service, food, and appearance are delightful and we take friends there for special occasions.Special Features:
- Tracy MolloyeifoodieDined on 9/15/2014Excellent. We went for a family reunion. Great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoniaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Four of us had a very good dinner. No complaints as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible SteakSteakmanDined on 9/6/2014Two weeks earlier I was there to have dinner with a fairly large group and everything was fine. I decide to take my wife there for a nice dinner. Well my wife had the lobster tail which she said was great. I on the other hand had the bone- in rib steak. I ask for medium rare and it came medium well. I could have cooked a better one at home. It was very over priced for what I got. Also the rolls were stale. I do not think I will be back there anytime soon.Special Features:
- DisappointedLongIslandDine26Dined on 9/4/2014We went for my boyfriends birthday dinner. I ordered my sushi with seaweed on the inside and no gorganzola on my salad. Sushi came wrong and salad had gorganzola. Waitress was slow, we weren't given bread and had to ask twice. Salmon dinner was ice cold and my crispy chicken had a hair in it. Dessert was good. However throughout the entire dinner we were not checked on or asked how our food or meal was.Special Features:
- RoseDined on 8/29/2014Everything was good, bees were out of control outside dining. One blondie waitress was miserable & unfriendly, great place like this should be more choosy of staff to hire, it ruins the ambiance, worse than the bees!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE LADIES LOVED ITRosietheRiveter1Dined on 8/29/2014WE WERE 11 FOR LUNCH AND SAT OUTSIDE. BEAUTIFUL DAY, BALMY BREEZE, QUIET ON THE BAY. LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.Special Features:
- View2FoodloversDined on 8/25/2014My boyfriend and I really enjoyed dining at The View. The service was great and the food excellent. The portion sizes perfect, but the view of the water was exceptional as well as the overall atmosphere of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsPeggyDined on 8/22/2014Most people that go to View go there for the outrageous waterfront dining. Food is just ok, a little over-priced, a little greasy, but all in all, nice experience. Staff needs training. Had to wait quite a while to get a 2nd glass of wine, had to find the waitress and it wasn't busy, it was an over-cast windy day.Special Features:
- Consistently good.ChefSandroDined on 8/16/2014This is our 3rd time dining here and both the food and service have been right on the money. Just the view alone is spectacular but combined with the good food and service, it rounds out the experience.Special Features:
- The View27yrsDined on 8/7/2014We are locals and chose The View for a special anniversary dinner with our adult children and their significant others. The menu choices offered enough variety to please all of us. We chose to sit inside on a beautiful night, but our VIEW was gorgeous. Though the wait staff was busy, they were apologetic about the length of time it took for service from the bar and kitchen. Unfortunately many of our meals were overcooked. Our expectations were not met.Special Features:
- Lives Up To Its NamedriceteaDined on 8/7/2014Right on the water with outside tables as well inside tables. The food was very good as was the service. One of the must have items is the Thai Calamari appetizer, perfectly cooked, excellent flavor with just enough spice without it being overpowering.Special Features:
- Fun EveningNMD10Dined on 8/5/2014Took the family to the View for my husband's birthday dinner. Food was very good although we were disappointed sushi is only available Wed-Sun. Overall a nice place for a special occasion!Special Features:
- It's all about the Viewdoublin9Dined on 8/5/2014The best part of this restaurant is the view. On a clear summer night it doesn't get much better in this area. The food was very good. There was quite a variety especially with the small plates and salad. The service was friendly, but one dish took a very long time to come out. The drinks were artful and good sized. You pay a dear price for the view, but I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Erratic servicecmgparsonsVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were a party of seven on a busy Saturday night . Our server was quick to bring drinks, appetizers, &'entrees in a timely fashion. The food was all delicious and the ambience outstanding. Not sure what happened but we sat for 20 minutes after our entrees had been cleared and no one came near us. The manager was in the room but oblivious to our plight. Eventually we did receive our check but were disgruntled at that point so didn't order dessert etc. What a shame that management is not on top of situations like ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Saturday Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/2/2014My party of four was very disappointed with our meal this past Saturday night. We ordered the fluke (not fresh at all) filet mignon (ordered rare-came well done, next serving was raw, third attempt was ok-the steak however looked baked not flame broiled), lobster fried rice (meager portion for $45). The menu is short and thus leaves little room for interesting and different offerings. We decided to have dessert elsewhere rather than settle for their limited and unexciting selection. Unfortunately we cannot recommend this restaurant as "the view" cannot make up for the lackluster food.
- Dining with an amazing viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014If you are having a special occasion I highly recommend this restaurant. The food was excellent, the service was good both inside and out. If you are a duck fan, please try the duck tacos...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely night on the watermgoudorasDined on 7/31/2014Dinner was delicious, ambience was perfect. Picturesque setting on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent nightpianoman1Dined on 7/26/2014We (my wife and another couple) sat outdoors this past Saturday evening. What a view - beautiful. Also a band was playing in the bar area- they sounded great. Excellent appetizers - including the sushi. The tuna entree was also delicious. I had the pistachio 'gelato ' for desert - it was good but tasted like ice cream, not gelato. Does get somewhat dark at night on the outdoor deck - makes it romantic, but maybe a bit more lighting would help. Overall an excellent experience - we will definitely come back with other couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreekazoidDined on 7/26/2014Really disappointed in the food category . I ordered the lobster, nice presentation however the lobster head was huge and gutted, and the tail was from a street vendor of by ten lobster rails for twenty bucks! Did I mention over-cooked and tasteless?Special Features:
- A great dining experience!AnthonyFDined on 7/23/2014From the moment we walked in, til the moment we left, we experienced a wonderful night. Cocktails and a great view from the bar with an upbeat atmosphere started the night. It was followed by a meal that featured high quality and wonderfully constructed courses that dazzled the eyes and pleased the palate. The seafood was fresh and bright and very tender. The peanut butter chocolate bomb dessert is worth saving room for ! The service was friendly and attentive. A 'repeat' for sure. Enjoy !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- louieDined on 7/23/2014beautiful setting on the bay very pleasant & the food was great. staff very friendly. we will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodPhillydDined on 7/19/2014There was not one bad thing I could find with this restaurant. Everything from the staff to the food and view was amazing. Def gonna be a go to place nowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummout2eatDined on 7/19/2014Food was delicious, service from everyone other than our waitress was great. The place was very busy and our waitress seemed overwhelmedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emmoDined on 7/17/2014nfortunately, we were unable to dine at the view as the lots were full and there was no valet parkingI would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect venuejoyfulVIPDined on 7/17/2014We were all extremely delighted with the service and food. We will anticipate with pleasure many return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find with amazing ViewsTinkerB77Dined on 7/12/2014This is simply an amazing find. You are practically siiting IN the water when on their outdoor deck, where you can eat or dinrk, and inside all the windows look out at gorgeous water View-possibly the best on Long Island. Drinks excellent, bar scene really fun, great bands on Sat/Sunday, wonderful relaxed ambiance. But best surprise was the delcious food! My husband had Salmon which was excellent and i had their special pasta with mushroom, spinach and cream sauce-wow! All staff smiling and warm-great place for a party! We ate there on Saturday and I am going back soon!!Special Features:
- I would definitely go back!NikoLu17Dined on 7/12/2014I was very happy with the View! My husband and I went there for our anniversary and the outdoor setting is beautiful. There were several families there with kids so that detracted from the romantic feel a bit. The food was good...not spectacular but good. The service was great and I liked the live music they had. Bring a sweater...it can get cold and windy on summer nights. I can't speak on the scene inside because we sat outside. The bar scene looked pretty good. I think all people would enjoy a visit here no matter what the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely view, pleasant mealkbocklVIPDined on 7/10/2014Positives: charming, efficient service; quality food well-prepared and served with an artist's eye. Less positive: View is popular for big groups celebrating special occasions, so even on a Thursday parking was near impossible. Loud music leaks into the dining room from the sometimes raucous bar, so depending on where you're sitting you may feel like the least-favorite second cousins at a wedding. For me, the minuses don't detract from the pluses. Try for a seat on the deck or near the windows for a fabulous experience.Special Features:
- DisappointingDependable66VIPDined on 7/9/2014The last time we came to The View, both my wife and I liked the appetizers and did not liek the main courses. This time, both ends were disappointing. I had raw bar clams and oysters. Not the freshest, but acceptable. The lobster roll was a bit on the dry side. Our friends liked the food, but they ordered basic sandwiches. Oh well, for a Lessings place it was disappointing.Special Features:
- Great ServiceLikestoeatout51Dined on 7/8/2014The service was very good. Jennifer was our waitress. She was terrific. Making reservation I put special instructions, none of which were transmitted or acknowledged. There were 8 of us. Meals came out luke warm to cold. The sauteed spinach was actually almost ice cold in some spots. Makes me think it was prepackaged frozen and not defrosted correctly. 2 out of 8 of us sent food back for reheating. The rest of us did not because we did not want our meat/fish overcooked at that point. For the price I expected freshly prepared food. They apologized but there was no accomodation ie; free dessert or drink. There are limited gluten free options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Martha333VIPDined on 7/8/2014I have been tothe View many times. Not only is the food excellent, with a varied menu, but the scenic view is spectacular. A must for any occasion . Try the scallops and mussels. Actually, anything on the menu is excellent , even desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is it possible?JohnnyJZoneVIPDined on 7/8/2014The wonderful water view is only outdone by the great food and friendly service. I wish this place was closer to my home but it's worth the trip! Best burger I ever had. No kidding! And the duck tacos could convert a vegitarian.Special Features:
- Really niceStraVIPDined on 7/5/2014Good food, polite staff, elegant. Long and interesting list of appetizers, tasty main courses. The 4 people in our party all said that they will certainly come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ViewLoves2EatDined on 7/5/2014A wonderful night of excellent food; attentive, professional service; and beautiful setting. Highly recommend. Honored our requests via Open Table.Special Features:
- What a view!ConnieODined on 7/5/2014It is worth coming for just the view. Forget under the awning,especially by the door, too much traffic going in and out. The service was great. They did not rush you at all,giving you plenty of time to relax and enjoy each course. Interesting drinks, food was good.Special Features:
- Great locationDottieDined on 7/5/2014Good food, service & gorgeous location. Would recommend it for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love it year-roundBiobratDined on 7/2/2014We go for dinner, for lunch, for brunch and for a light meal at the bar. The setting is perfect. The staff is lovely. We were there for a wedding last week (I actually recommended the View as their wedding venue!). I told Allison, who was managing the wedding, that the View is the Land of Yes. Whatever you want - no problem. They also have a generous loyalty program which we use every time. Love, love, love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Beautiful water viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014The view of the water is one of the best on Long Island and I only wish I could say the same for the food. The food is just average but the Thai calamari is the best and worth the trip for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ChefSandroDined on 6/29/2014The view, no pun intended, was fantastic, the service, friendly and professional without being pretentious, the portions were perfect, and the food was excellent. We especially liked the timing between courses. Many restaurants often bring the entrée while your still eating your appetizer, not at View. There was just enough time between courses to allow you to enjoy what you just had and rest a bit before the next course. Our waitress, Danielle, made our dinning experience very enjoyable. We will definitely be back to try out the rest of the menu and enjoy the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.