3 Consuelo Place
Oakdale, NY 11769Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.viewoakdale.com/
- Phone: (631) 589-2694
- Hours of Operation:
Winter Hours January 3-March 31 Monday: Closed Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday 4pm-9pm Dinner: Friday 4pm-10pm, Saturday 4pm-10pm Sunday: Brunch 11am-3pm (seatings 11, 11:30, 1 and 1:30), Dinner 4pm-9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: William Muzio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer catering in a private room. Let us assist you when planning a wedding, cocktail party or rehearsal dinner. We also offer a lavish champagne buffet brunch every Sunday. Private rooms are available. Ideal for showers, birthdays and anniversaries.
- Private Party Contact: The View caters to a single wedding every Sat 6315892694x
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment and dancing in our cocktail lounge on Friday and Saturday from 7:30 to 11:30pm all year long. From Memorial Day until Labor Day, we have live entertainment Thursday through Sunday. Please see our entertainment schedule on our website for details.
A word from View
Situated at the mouth of the Connetquot River overlooking the Great South Bay, View Restaurant enjoys one of the most beautiful and ideal waterfront dining locations available on Long Island. Whether you are on the outdoor deck, the newly renovated cocktail lounge or the elegant contemporary dining room, the panoramic view is ever present. The magnificent surroundings are only the welcoming mat for what awaits you. For 23 years, View Restaurant has taken great pride in our reputation for exquisite cuisine, professional presentation and excellent service. We look forward to serving you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
View reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (77)great for outdoor dining (56)special occasion (55)romantic (47)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (35)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (32)great for lunch (20)hot spot (18)great for brunch (18)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (5)Show More
- All goodDuckhunterDined on 11/18/2014We had our wedding reception here 25 years ago. This Tuesday we came back to celebrate. The staff was very nice and made sure we had a quiet romantic table. Unexpectedly, they gave us champagne, complements of the house. Most impressive was the fact that the hostess contacted me early on the day of our reservation to make me aware of the fact that they were having a large group that night. She wanted to make sure I knew this was going to take place so would not spoil our celebration. My wife and I selected this restaurant 25 years ago for for our wedding reception for the quality of its food, staff and location. I'm happy to say that none of that has changedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IdonthaveanicknameDined on 11/16/2014Our server, Blanca, was attentive and friendly. The food and atmosphere were lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Going toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Everything about the place was terrific. We had an 8:00 reservation and were seated right on time at a prime window seat. The waiter was exceptional when we asked he made suggestions on both the drink menu and dinner menu that were right on. To top the night off we went for a night cap at the bar and listened to the band play music that was from our generation which they did a very nice job on. It was worth the 40 minute drive to spend a Saturday night in such a nice environmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent time!!!cidriveuVIPDined on 11/15/2014I haven't been to restaurant in a while! The food was outstanding! The appitizer I had was crab cakes tender perfect with more crab then bread! I had the specials salad, pasta with steak excellent dessert was perfection the gelato light flavorful I felt I was back in Italy! Our server was also excellent making sure all our needs when taken care of!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special place for usDebiOcoDined on 11/14/2014We think of this restaurant for all our special occasions and just to dine with friends as well. Have never been disappointed in the food or service. Our server was friendly and pleasant, always with a big smile. The food was excellent and well presented. Try the prix fix menu which is a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welove2eatDined on 11/8/2014We went on restaurant week and choices were great - I had the soup, which was a meal in itself and the short ribs - outstanding food, great service was a little disappointed with churros for dessert - a little too sweet for all at the table Highly recommend this restaurant 😄Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!BrittanyDined on 11/8/2014I've come before in the past and I love it here. The food is amazing and the service is wonderful, and it's right on the water. Even in the cold weather it's still so nice because the interior of the restaurant is beautiful!Special Features:
- Always a special occasionSatisfieddinerDined on 11/7/2014We went to the View for Restaurant Week. It's one of our favorite spots because of the food and ambience. When we arrived the hostess could not locate my reservation (I had accidentally made a reservation at a similarly named restaurant). No worries, she sat us anyway and couldn't have been more pleasant. The choices for Restaurant Week were extensive (unlike many other participating restaurants). The quality and presentation of our meals was amazing and the service extraordinary. We were not rushed even though the restaurant was busy which added to the overall enjoyment of the experience. No doubt we'll be back. ..and soon.Special Features:
- Great meal, great locationMikeinEIDined on 11/7/2014First time to the View, tried the View for the first time during restaurant week. My GF and I enjoyed Short Rib Risotto, seemed like very little short ribs in this dish, then had Korean BBQ tacos that were awesome and a must order appetizer. The tried the Calamari which is one of our favorite dishes, we order it at every restaurant we go to. It did not disappoint On to main courses, she had the scallops and I had the Tilefish, both of these dishes were excellent and would definitely order again. The only negative of this whole meal was it was dark out and couldn't thoroughly enjoy the view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LoryDined on 11/7/2014We have been to the view many times I had my daughters baby shower there. Everything is upscale but relaxed. The only thing we didn't like we found the dining room at little cold went we got there (6:30) other than that all was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014We went for Restaurant Week and had a great meal. The service was outstanding and the atmosphere is always great!Special Features:
- It does have a view!HurricaneVIPDined on 11/6/2014So often the quality of the food is inversely proportional to the quality of the view. Not at The View ... three properly large diver scallops were seared perfectly on one side and melt-in-your-mouth tender and sweet. Service was prompt but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSteadyedDined on 11/6/2014This was our first visit to the View. We had the restaurant week menu. Every thing was delish. My wife's chicken was superb. Highly recommend visiting the View.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedMoochieVIPDined on 11/6/2014I've been to View several times and have always enjoyed it. The food is excellent, the menu has unique choices that are well-prepared, and the service is always friendly and efficient. During Restaurant Week, they provide both the regular menu and the special menu without being asked, which shows they respect their patrons and want to make them comfortable. The daytime scenery is beautiful and the restaurant glows in the evening.Special Features:
- Want to, but can't, like this placecmgparsonsVIPDined on 11/5/2014I have been to the View several times & this time was no different. Fabulous location, interesting menu which generally does not disappoint, and waitstaff that are terrible. Young, inexperienced, & more interested in texting than serving their customers. We had to ask for bread after 15 minutes, asked for a wine cooler when the white wine was delivered at room temperature.....got an eye roll, the waitress never poured the wine, and, I'm sure, had no idea why her tip was less than she expected. If this place had professional waitstaff, it would be stellar. We live nearby and would like to like the View, but so far, can't.Special Features:
- Almost Completely SatisfiedPleasemypalateDined on 11/2/2014We dined with a small group for the first evening of Restaurant Week. There were special occasion large groups there at the same time so the noise level was high.The hostess was very nice and sat us in the bar area which was a better choice. We all enjoyed our first 2 courses and looked forward to the creme brûlée but was disappointed that it was sold out.The cheesecake was tasteless and not creamy.The 2nd choice was a chocolate parfait which one person had at the table. There should have been a substitute in place as 2 choices are not enough.An apple dessert with ice cream would be pleasing for diners and less costly for your menu.There should have been more preparation beforehand with large groups dining.That's why there are reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great viewMinnie64Dined on 11/2/2014got there early had drink at bar nice appetizers provided for no charge--restaurant quiet at 4:30 but by 6 every table was filled--server was excellent but since it was restaurant week we had pre-fixed meals that were good and not skimpy when bill came however there was an additional charge of $11 for pre-fixed appetizer when brought to server's attention she said that there had been problems with extra charges and she removed $12 from our check--all in all a good experience--love the ambiance--best on Long IslandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAnaRDined on 10/26/2014Took out of state guests to dine here this past Sunday evening. The setting is breathtaking ( sunset view was awesome) and dining area beautifully appointed. Disappointed with service and food. The bread took so long to arrive. The waiter took it to the next table who were just seated! No one came around to ask how everything was. Impersonal service at best. Food was not at par with the prices. Big noisy group seated by us thankfully left after a whole ! Better seafood restaurants on the water on Long Island . Other than the view can't recommend this place.Special Features:
- Nice timeGoodfoodieDined on 10/24/2014Pretty dinning room, good food, seafood tower tasty as always....Wait staff does a good job and never seems to rush you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's by the water!!TheWhiteKnightDined on 10/24/2014First time there and it as delightful. It's off season and it was a cold rainy day, but overall lunch with friends was enjoyable. For the price, the food was not that great, but I'm Italian and that might have something to do with it. I'm 82 and have been all over the world and can judge pretty well what makes a great restaurant, this one offers firstly, it location then it's ambiance, and lastly it's food. It's definitely worth a visit. SABJrSpecial Features:
- Loves2EatDined on 10/21/2014Never disappoints. Great food, great service, great "view".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Very nice place, good food. Just a little loud for private dining, as the bar is right next door and very loud.Special Features:
- Just2LIersDined on 9/25/2014We always enjoy dining at The View. The service, food, and appearance are delightful and we take friends there for special occasions.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner for 14 went greatJMont1Dined on 9/20/2014View is fantastic! Right on the river creating a terrific ambience with inside and outside seating. Beautiful large bar. 14 people all seated together is rare for a restaurant. We felt lucky to get the reservation on fairly short notice. Staff were quite accommodating for all our requests. Mom’s filet mignon was as rare as she likes it. And she would have sent it back if it was not right. Duck taco appetizer was terrific. Everyone was very happy with the event. Seated on time. Thank you to the staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tracy MolloyeifoodieDined on 9/15/2014Excellent. We went for a family reunion. Great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoniaVIPDined on 9/11/2014Four of us had a very good dinner. No complaints as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible SteakSteakmanDined on 9/6/2014Two weeks earlier I was there to have dinner with a fairly large group and everything was fine. I decide to take my wife there for a nice dinner. Well my wife had the lobster tail which she said was great. I on the other hand had the bone- in rib steak. I ask for medium rare and it came medium well. I could have cooked a better one at home. It was very over priced for what I got. Also the rolls were stale. I do not think I will be back there anytime soon.Special Features:
- DisappointedLongIslandDine26Dined on 9/4/2014We went for my boyfriends birthday dinner. I ordered my sushi with seaweed on the inside and no gorganzola on my salad. Sushi came wrong and salad had gorganzola. Waitress was slow, we weren't given bread and had to ask twice. Salmon dinner was ice cold and my crispy chicken had a hair in it. Dessert was good. However throughout the entire dinner we were not checked on or asked how our food or meal was.Special Features:
- RoseDined on 8/29/2014Everything was good, bees were out of control outside dining. One blondie waitress was miserable & unfriendly, great place like this should be more choosy of staff to hire, it ruins the ambiance, worse than the bees!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE LADIES LOVED ITRosietheRiveter1Dined on 8/29/2014WE WERE 11 FOR LUNCH AND SAT OUTSIDE. BEAUTIFUL DAY, BALMY BREEZE, QUIET ON THE BAY. LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT.Special Features:
- View2FoodloversDined on 8/25/2014My boyfriend and I really enjoyed dining at The View. The service was great and the food excellent. The portion sizes perfect, but the view of the water was exceptional as well as the overall atmosphere of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with friendsPeggyDined on 8/22/2014Most people that go to View go there for the outrageous waterfront dining. Food is just ok, a little over-priced, a little greasy, but all in all, nice experience. Staff needs training. Had to wait quite a while to get a 2nd glass of wine, had to find the waitress and it wasn't busy, it was an over-cast windy day.Special Features:
- Consistently good.ChefSandroDined on 8/16/2014This is our 3rd time dining here and both the food and service have been right on the money. Just the view alone is spectacular but combined with the good food and service, it rounds out the experience.Special Features:
- The View27yrsDined on 8/7/2014We are locals and chose The View for a special anniversary dinner with our adult children and their significant others. The menu choices offered enough variety to please all of us. We chose to sit inside on a beautiful night, but our VIEW was gorgeous. Though the wait staff was busy, they were apologetic about the length of time it took for service from the bar and kitchen. Unfortunately many of our meals were overcooked. Our expectations were not met.Special Features:
- Lives Up To Its NamedriceteaDined on 8/7/2014Right on the water with outside tables as well inside tables. The food was very good as was the service. One of the must have items is the Thai Calamari appetizer, perfectly cooked, excellent flavor with just enough spice without it being overpowering.Special Features:
- Fun EveningNMD10Dined on 8/5/2014Took the family to the View for my husband's birthday dinner. Food was very good although we were disappointed sushi is only available Wed-Sun. Overall a nice place for a special occasion!Special Features:
- It's all about the Viewdoublin9Dined on 8/5/2014The best part of this restaurant is the view. On a clear summer night it doesn't get much better in this area. The food was very good. There was quite a variety especially with the small plates and salad. The service was friendly, but one dish took a very long time to come out. The drinks were artful and good sized. You pay a dear price for the view, but I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Erratic servicecmgparsonsVIPDined on 8/2/2014We were a party of seven on a busy Saturday night . Our server was quick to bring drinks, appetizers, &'entrees in a timely fashion. The food was all delicious and the ambience outstanding. Not sure what happened but we sat for 20 minutes after our entrees had been cleared and no one came near us. The manager was in the room but oblivious to our plight. Eventually we did receive our check but were disgruntled at that point so didn't order dessert etc. What a shame that management is not on top of situations like ours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing Saturday Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/2/2014My party of four was very disappointed with our meal this past Saturday night. We ordered the fluke (not fresh at all) filet mignon (ordered rare-came well done, next serving was raw, third attempt was ok-the steak however looked baked not flame broiled), lobster fried rice (meager portion for $45). The menu is short and thus leaves little room for interesting and different offerings. We decided to have dessert elsewhere rather than settle for their limited and unexciting selection. Unfortunately we cannot recommend this restaurant as "the view" cannot make up for the lackluster food.
- Dining with an amazing viewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/31/2014If you are having a special occasion I highly recommend this restaurant. The food was excellent, the service was good both inside and out. If you are a duck fan, please try the duck tacos...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.