2721 Kavanaugh Blvd
Little Rock, AR 72205-3848Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.vieuxcarrelr.com/
- Phone: 5016631196
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am -2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Greg Wallis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have two private dining rooms. The Hillcrest room seats 10, and the Kavanaugh Room seats up to 30. The Restaurant and The Afterthought can also be rented for larger parties.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 5016631196
- Entertainment: Live Music Nightly in the Afterthought. Monday Night Jazz Tuesday Night Jam Session Wed Night is open mic night Thursday Night Karaoke Friday and Saturday Live Music Happy Hour - Live Acoustic Music Wednesday to Saturdays
A word from Vieux Carre
Located in Historic Hillcrest, Vieux Carre offers casual upscale dining. With a New Orleans/Southern inspired menu, Executive Chef Greg Wallis makes sure that your time at Vieux Carre is special. The Afterthought is Little Rock’s legendary Jazz bar. The Afterthought Bar offers Jazz every Monday night and live music every night of the week, The Afterthought is a great place to visit any night of the week, and a great way to finish the evening after dinner at Vieux Carre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vieux Carre reviews from OpenTable diners
- Easter Lunch 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2014Made a reservation for 1:00 p.m. originally - called and changed to 1:30. Was told by the waitress at 1:45 they would be closing at 2:00. Was never advised to this when changing the reservation. Felt a little rushed but overall was good experience. Will return but just earlierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchHarryMDined on 4/20/2014We had Easter Brunch and it was perfect. Admittedly the great weather added to the experience. Good selection, great taste, timely service, and a very nice atmosphere. We plan to go back for other brunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Hillcrest BrunchLRFoodieDined on 4/20/2014Previously known as "Vieux Carre," this local gem is now under new ownership as "The Afterthought." I highly recommend this spot for a weekend brunch! Our coffee cups were kept full, the music and overall ambience is lovely, and the pancakes are TO DIE FOR. The crab cake eggs Benedict is good, but not my favorite. The real winner is the banana pancakes with strawberries and whipped cream. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Valentines DaycbramDined on 2/14/2014I took my wife here for Valentines Day. Great service and fantastic food. I'm not a "fancy food" kind of guy but I ordered the steak and it was absolutely amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodStanbDined on 1/8/2014The food and drinks where great will go back again.Service was great. Had a party of four and we all had something different and everyone liked their meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingSatisfiedDined on 12/3/2013Took my daughter and friends. The food and service was excellent. Everyone enjoyed their dish. The maui-maui was wondering. The pasta dish had fresh well seasoned, plump shrimp. Definitely looking forward to coming back. My regards to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunch with guestsJimWDined on 11/10/2013Reservations for 2 thru OT were easy & raised to 5 thru phone call an hour before reservation. New owners have maintained pleasant ambiance, friendly staff, and enhanced it with new decor. More than ample time was allowed for conversation, aided by low noise level and aptly spaced tables. Food was delicious from an adequately diverse menu. Portions were generous but not super-sized. No comment on either alcoholic beverages or dessert, since none were ordered. Altogether it was a very enjoyable lunch which added to getting acquainted with new friends from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change Agent, But Wrong DirectionMaximusVIPDined on 8/26/2013I've been a fan of Vieux Carre for years. It had been a while since my last visit. My most recent experience was unfortunate. The server was friendly and polite, that was the best part of the experience. The place was empty, not surprising given the cafeteria quality of my meal. The crab cakes used to be the best in Little Rock. They have deteriorated to a small pile of unfresh mush. To that point, we left crab on the plate...this NEVER happens in the crowd with which I frequently dine. The recipes have changed and most have simply lost their flavor, elegance, and freshness. Think thrice before choosing this as your destination. I will not return until something dramatically changes.
- Mixed resultsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2013After a long 1 hour wait, we enjoyed our brunch--especially the salmon enchiladas and the BLT with egg. The strawberry crunch salad was too salty but the staff was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.