4471 Lawn Ave
Western Springs, IL 60558Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vierestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7082462082x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Closed Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Paul Virant
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Vie is the perfect place to host your next private event. Whether you are planning a rehearsal dinner, business presentation, or a family celebration, Vie offers an atmosphere of urban sophistication in a charming village setting.
- Private Party Contact: Julia Termanas, Christopher Harris, Al Tangora 8889892948
- Public Transit: Vie is located steps away from the Metra BNSF Railway Western Springs stop. For the train schedule, please visit http://metrarail.com/content/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/bnsf/schedule.html
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available after 5pm in the Harris Bank Parking lot across the street from the restaurant. There is also ample street parking at no cost.
A word from Vie
The first restaurant in Western Springs to serve liquor since prohibition, Vie offers guests the opportunity to experience urban fine dining in a warm, relaxed village setting. Conveniently located steps from the Metra station, Vie attracts food-conscious diners from the entire Chicagoland area. Guests will find sanctuary in the intimate, gracious dining room housed in a two-story red brick building in the center of Norman Rockwell’s Americana. Chef Virant’s cuisine reflects the seasons, local harvests and the world becoming a smaller place. While the menu celebrates artisanal foods and local family farms, it also takes advantage of the increased availability of specialty foods from across the globe. Vie features Seasonal Contemporary American cuisine inspired by Western European cultures and rustic fare. Virant elevates familiar dishes by relying on the simplicity of a few, high-quality ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Vie reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (125)fit for foodies (123)neighborhood gem (93)romantic (89)notable wine list (67)good for groups (24)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (11)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- IncredibleT13SDined on 8/30/2014Highly recommend! Highly recommend!Highly recommend!Highly recommend!Highly recommend!Highly recommend! Highly recommend! v Highly recommend! Highly recommend! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Impressive the First TimeChigal60Dined on 8/30/2014This was our second visit to Vie. I can say I was much more impressed my first visit than this one. We had the ravioli and squash blossom starters - both were great. We liked the ravioli more, as the squash blossoms had some pickled squash with them, that none of us really cared for, detracting from the blossom rather than supporting it. We had the goat, salmon and fried chicken for our entrees. We much preferred the goat and salmon. The fried chicken was ok, but we have all had better at much less expensive places. Service was great until our dessert order. After that our waiter was non-existent. When they cleared dessert dishes we sat so long someone brought us dessert menus again.Special Features:
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Great food, fabulous waitress, fun evening! We enjoyed a special anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary spotChar47Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I dined at Vie last weekend for our 31st wedding anniversary. Great spot for the occasion. Quiet ambience, easy for conversation. Extremely attentive service and wonderful food. Combinations I would not have thought of (e,g, roasted corn, liver pate and blueberries in a salad) that worked wonderfully. Very imaginative and delicious food. Steep for my budget ($200 for the two of us with cocktails, glass of wine, dessert and tip - but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:
- Vie has a personal touchanniversaryDined on 8/21/2014I noted on our Open Table reservation that it was our wedding anniversary. We were greeted with a "Happy anniversary" given a glass of complimentary wine and were surprised to see "Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. (our name)" Printed at the top of our menus. Vie scores big points for delivering such a personal touch, along with outstanding food and service.Special Features:
- Exceptional Fine Dining+High ValueILGoonDined on 8/19/2014Chef Paul Virant and his absurdly well-trained back-of-house and wait staff provide an amazing dining experience. Perfectly executed classic and modern concept food pairs with a nicely curated wine list. Have been many times, and the very high level of satisfaction is consistent. A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 years and hasn't lost a stepLongtimeLEYEcustomerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Enjoyed Vie's 10 year anniversary menu last week and it was fantastic. Since it was difficult to decide between the two offerings for each of the five courses we shared them all, and the wine pairings and service were perfect. We had a short wait for our table but the bar staff kept us amused. All in all a perfect night out. Paul Virant and his staff just keep getting better and better, which is a tall order considering how very good Vie was when it opened. Looking forward to another 10 years. Thanks for bringing Vie to our sleepy little suburb.Special Features:
- Vie is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is highly recommended, the interior is very modern chic and the seating very spacious and comfortable, nobody is squashed into a corner. The food is fantastic, we dined a French food snob who normally is very critical of US French food but even he had no issues at all and thought that Vie would get a star in France.Special Features:
- Still exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Dined during the 10 year anniversary week with the five course menu. Every course that came out was a perfect balance of flavors, highlighting the qualities of the ingredients. The service was friendly and well-paced. Vie is still fresh, vibrant and innovative.Special Features:
- 10th Anniversary Celebration!JaneMVIPDined on 8/15/2014Vie celebrated its 10th anniversary with a special 5 course meal which was superb! Each course was unique and every element on the plate was purposeful and delicious. Every meal we've had at Vie has been special and a treat to the tastebuds. It's amazing! The service is attentive without being fussy and the waitstaff is excellent (especially Dan!).Special Features:
- 10 Years of Great FoodBuckthornVIPDined on 8/12/2014This week is Vie's 10th anniversary featuring a prix fixe menu of customer favorites and Paul Virant serving tables! We have been several times a year since the opening and the dinners never disappoint and sometimes are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special evening Special friendsMeatandGritsDined on 8/11/2014Our request for a quiet spot to visit with a soft spoken guest was handled beautifully. Service was as always excellent. We were there for the 10th anniversary tasting dinner. Superb food combinations and wine pairings. Presentation for each course was colorful and creative. Sturgeon the night after the sturgeon moon? Accident or genius? It was all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripTgm4bonesVIPDined on 8/7/2014Food, service, and ambience excellent. Well worth the effort to get there from the city!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceAsukaDined on 8/2/2014We celebrate our anniversary there. I did not expect much for food even though we found many good reviews online, I was pretty much wrong. From appetizer till desert, I could not leave any piece of food on the plate because it was really good and sophisticated. I have been in U.S. for more than one year, but I did not have this great service in other restaurants. The waiter speaks several languages and has good conversation skills to entertain costumers.Special Features:
- SperlDined on 8/2/2014We chose the wine selection of the waiter and it was perfect. We have been here before many times and always have a great experience. I love taking guests from out of town as I know I won;t be disappointed in the service or the food.Special Features:
- Simply amazing!Bedkin23Dined on 8/1/2014Simply amazing! Great food, great experience. We had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Vie is always wonderful. Our favorite restaurant. Food is wonderful and service is excellent.Special Features:
- Good food, quiet nightJHLBWBDined on 7/29/2014Overall, great meal. Food was very tasty and had nice presentation. They brought an extra dessert when they overheard we were there to celebrate a birthday. It was a Tuesday night, so it was almost empty--only two other couples for the most of the evening. While this somewhat detracted from the ambience, it was still a wonderful experience with very attentive staff. Always a nice touch when you go to the bathroom and return to find a fresh napkin waiting for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Dinner was amazing!! My wife and I went there for the first time based off a recommendation and it was spot on. It was our one year anniversary! We went with the 8 course meal and was very pleased. It was the perfect amount of food, good size portions. My wife, hit a wall around course 5-6 but I kept going and helped her out. I service was great and ambiance was very nice. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Neighborhood PlaceHinsdaleatsDined on 7/26/2014We have been to Vie many times over the years but hadn't been there for quite a while. We were wondering if it still lived up to its high standards and are very pleased to say that it still does. The waiter, John, was very knowledgeable and friendly. He recommended the "Not Quite Cricket" drink and my wife loved it. What a fun way to have a cocktail. We still recommend it to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/26/2014My only complaint was the service. Waiter was a little too casual for what I feel should be more upscale. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vie a keeperWineguy23Dined on 7/26/2014What a treat for the Western Burbs. Great meal and great service made our special event even better!!!! Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chic Fine Dining and the unusualAverageFoodyDined on 7/26/2014Cool, comfortable, dining experience...creative fresh food, delicious and tasty. A touch on the pricey side, but well done. Especially enjoyed the stuffed zuccini blossom, signature gnochi, and an excellent salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flawless2dynersVIPDined on 7/23/2014This was our first visit to Vie, and it won't be the last. We were entertaining a guest who uses a walker, so we picked this spot. We'd normally head to downtown Chicago for food this good prepared so well with flawless service. I started with the squash blossoms which were prepared perfectly. Our guest picked the fried green tomatoes and she loved them. The wife picked the Vie salad, which was a large portion of local greens, and she loved it. Entrees we picked were salmon, walleye and fried chicken. All were outstanding. Anyone in the western suburbs who enjoys fine cuisine will find great choices at Vie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food disappointingfavpugDined on 7/23/2014this was my 7th visit over 5 or 6 years. It has always been a favorite. I just didn't think the food, which had too many odd combinations, was up to normal standards. I had walleye pike, but it was paired with zuchini bread which had been marinated in something, kale, and carrots. I expect the food to be outstanding and it just wasn't.Special Features:
- Great foodFabfindDined on 7/20/2014We love the ambience, food and the service!The menu constantly surprises us. My husband and I have been going there for 10 years and still going strong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular serviceEclecticJGDined on 7/19/2014I was truly impressed with the service and the attentiveness of the staff here. Everyone from the hostess to the owner showed that this restaurant deserves it's billing as one of the best restaurants in Chicago. I booked this reservation to celebrate our anniversary and it was well worth it. The food was excellent, and the highlight of the evening was the smoked trout. They went out of their way to make our experience there the best possible and in the end, made my wife and I very happy. We left wanting to come back very soon. I definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone that loves food and wants a restaurant that will treat them like royalty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodjuanitaDined on 7/19/2014Consistently excellent food. Wonderful combinations of flavors. Superb service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat!ChrisDined on 7/18/2014You will always return to Vie once you've enjoyed their food and dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Awesome!food4meVIPDined on 7/17/2014I have reviewed Vie before, as we love to dine there, and had another outstanding meal. Everything was delicious, and the service was professional and friendly. Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location, great food-enjoy!foodloverDined on 7/14/2014We were lucky enough to dine at Vie during Barbeque week. The food was delicious and the wine pairings were fantastic. I had the Vie Mule cocktail to start and it was delightful - just right for a hot summer's day. The service was perfectly timed and friendly. We had enough people in our party to try all the BBQ options and agreed that they were all wonderful. We look forward to trying the regular menu on our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vie is Fabulous!WallycatVIPDined on 7/12/2014I dined with six people including two major foodies and everything was outstanding! The cheeses, salads, and the salmon (along with the other main courses) were amazing! The butter cake was wonderful and so was my cappuccino! I live in the area and I'm thrilled that Vie is near my neighborhood! Our server was excellent as well! A true pro: funny, insightful about the menu, and wonderful with the timing of our meal! I would highly recommend Vie!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always New, Never DissappointingDrSusan2013VIPDined on 7/12/2014It is always a pleasure to dine at Vie. One this visit, I tries the walleye pike which was outstanding. Paul Vivrant continues to find ways to bring out the best in ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/10/2014Outstanding service. Food flavors were very strong - but worked together. Worth the trip from Chicago.Special Features:
- VieJudyDined on 7/3/2014Absolutely consistent food . Beautifully prepared and farm to table fresh. Need to go more oftenSpecial Features:
- A gem!gt84Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary there last Saturday and once again Vie greatly exceeded our expectations. We were seated at nice table by the front window and our menus had our names and a note about our anniversary written on them - a very nice touch! The food, well the food was merely spectacular. From the fried squash blossoms to the vichyssoise to walleye and through to dessert, Chef Virant never ceases to amaze. His use of local and small batch suppliers means his menu varies but always impresses. Our servers were very attentive and helpful in selecting between choices. Vie is a very special place, clearly a gem in the western suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SusanDined on 6/28/2014Even nearly empty at 6pm we were given a table near the kitchen - request for another denied ("oh it's not too busy").Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4fnds4lifeDined on 6/26/2014Outstanding attention to us and special "extras" [champagne, extra desserts, our names on menu] made this wedding anniversary one of our best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnnyummDined on 6/26/2014Wonderful evening - food(we both had fish) was perfectly prepared. Appetizer(shrimp, cheese selection) was prepared with same care. Vie's attention to detail is peerless. Staff is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Food & Service was outstanding. If you would like it a bit quieter ask for the room behind the bar. It was a bit noisy.Special Features: