4471 Lawn Ave
Western Springs, IL 60558Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.vierestaurant.com/
- Phone: (708) 246-2082
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Closed Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Paul Virant
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Vie is the perfect place to host your next private event. Whether you are planning a rehearsal dinner, business presentation, or a family celebration, Vie offers an atmosphere of urban sophistication in a charming village setting.
- Private Party Contact: Julia Termanas, Christopher Harris, Al Tangora 8889892948
- Public Transit: Vie is located steps away from the Metra BNSF Railway Western Springs stop. For the train schedule, please visit http://metrarail.com/content/metra/en/home/maps_schedules/metra_system_map/bnsf/schedule.html
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available after 5pm in the Harris Bank Parking lot across the street from the restaurant. There is also ample street parking at no cost.
A word from Vie
The first restaurant in Western Springs to serve liquor since prohibition, Vie offers guests the opportunity to experience urban fine dining in a warm, relaxed village setting. Conveniently located steps from the Metra station, Vie attracts food-conscious diners from the entire Chicagoland area. Guests will find sanctuary in the intimate, gracious dining room housed in a two-story red brick building in the center of Norman Rockwell’s Americana. Chef Virant’s cuisine reflects the seasons, local harvests and the world becoming a smaller place. While the menu celebrates artisanal foods and local family farms, it also takes advantage of the increased availability of specialty foods from across the globe. Vie features Seasonal Contemporary American cuisine inspired by Western European cultures and rustic fare. Virant elevates familiar dishes by relying on the simplicity of a few, high-quality ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Vie reviews from OpenTable diners
146 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (115)special occasion (113)neighborhood gem (80)romantic (77)notable wine list (62)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (21)good for groups (20)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Love itDonnaVIPDined on 11/18/2014Great food and service. Feels like you are downtown Chicago without the drive, so lucky to have this wondeful Resturant close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebrationGoldieVIPDined on 11/14/2014The waiter was very knowledgeable in the menu and just the right amount of attentiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Spot!DGpaceVIPDined on 11/10/2014My husband and I visited Vie on a Monday night for our anniversary. Perfect place to celebrate! What a beautiful restaurant right in the Western Suburbs and you don't have to make the trek all the way into the city! Conveniently located a few feet from the Western Springs train stop as well! I loved that they called me the day before and asked about any food restrictions and if we were celebrating anything special. They surprised us with a special anniversary dessert, with "Happy Anniversary" written on it. Nice touch.Special Features:
- Great date placeSkeet1Dined on 11/1/2014Awesome evening with great food and ambience. Our waitress was top-notch and tended to all of our needs in a very positive and personal way. My girlfriend had these sturgeon which was out of this world and I had the lion which was alright... A little salty for my taste. Desserts were scrumptious and overall had a wonderful experience at this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great Food and ServicefoodieJVIPDined on 11/1/2014We went on Sat. night. We were welcomed and shown to a great table by the fire. The staff was wonderful!! Service was excellent! The food was outstanding! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectationsDaveWDined on 10/25/2014Had an absolutely fabulous dinner out celebrating our anniversary. 8 course tasting menu with accompanying wine pairing was more than enough to fill you up. Only slight negative was we arrived approximately 30 minutes early for our 8:30 reservation and the hostess asked if we would like to have a drink at the bar while we waited. 45 minutes pass and we eventually had to remind them we weren't intending to have our dinner at the bar and we would like a table. It was about 9 before we got seated. There were quite a few other tables sat from 8-9. Honest mistake and it didn't detract from our evening one iota.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningDianeSDined on 10/24/2014The restaurant is beautifully serene, with a quiet noise level that make conversation easy. The food was very good with chef Virant's pickeling highlighted. My major complaint was the service. It wasn't bad, just indifferent. At this price I expected better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerAPTeaterDined on 10/24/2014I've only been to Vie twice before; somehow the 3rd visit didn't live up to all the hype in my memory. Came to celebrate my 30th birthday, got unfortunately seated right next to the bar, which got louder as dinner wore on. My group ordered 4 smaller plates to share, including the vie salad, a beet salad, cauliflower ravioli and fried brussels sprouts. The sprouts had the most flavor, the ravioli would have been great if not for the inclusion of some kind of citrus, the beet salad was surprisingly beautiful, and the vie salad was rather boring. Probably should have called it a night at that point, but I also ordered the pan roasted walleye pike, which was a little bland. Lesson learned and dessert skipped. At least it's out of my system now.Special Features:
- Attention to DetailsMMooreDined on 10/21/2014This place is great and the service is amazing. I celebrated my boyfriend's 40th birthday and the experience was wonderful. Everyone was nice and wished him happy birthday. We even received free dessert. I definitely recommend this place without hesitation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed a nice dinner at Vie. It was a special birthday dinner for my wife-the staff was very nice and easy to work with. The food was excellent. We will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vie DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed a very nice dinner where the food was prepared very well. Prior to being seated at our table, we enjoyed a cocktail at the bar where the bartender was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Although the service at the dining table was very good, there was a lack of wine list knowledge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprememsm79Dined on 10/11/2014Two glasses of Champagne on the house awaited us on our anniversary. The service was incredible and always is. Cocktails are fantastic as their bartenders are among the best around.Special Features:
- great birthday surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Dinner was a birthday surprise for my husband. We had a special dessert made by the pastry chef. Everyone was very accommodating, friendly and a pleasure to work with. Food and service were great.Special Features:
- jimmy687Dined on 10/7/2014Wonderful dining experience from the time we sat down until we were escorted out after our meal. The staff goes above and beyond their call of duty in this establishment. I look forward to enjoying many more meals there.Special Features:
- It's not cheapOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/4/2014The food was good and they had lots of different options. We had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1101VIPDined on 10/4/2014The food is incredible, however, it is the service that makes this place exceptional. Anyone who has heard of Vie is going there for the food and there is no disappointment on that level. Superb. We were struck by the level of professionalism from the front door to the seating and throughout the service. From the waiter to the man who swept away the dishes not a false note was struck. Truly incredible. It is pricey but then for a special occasion the investment will create a memory that will last a lifetime.Special Features:
- Wonderful in everywaysteveVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was one of the best dinning experiences that we've had in a long time. We dine out every Friday & Saturday at least, usually more. This was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have returned soonerdinealotVIPDined on 9/29/2014My wife and I dined at Vie to celebrate our 24th anniversary. It had been years since we'd been there and we kept meaning to go back, but kept trying new places instead. After our recent experience we will not wait as long to go back. Everything was terrific from the outstanding service to the amazing food. Vie is as good or better than any place the city has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AndrewDined on 9/25/2014Another great meal and service at VIE. My aunt came in from Vegas to visit and never had been to VIE. From start to finish the meal and service was top notch. We were greeted immediately at the front door and was sat. The hostess made you feel very welcomed to the restaurant and when we left thanked us for coming and to have a great evening which makes you feel very appreciated and welcomed. Our server was Dan was outstanding and took care of us very well. The food was outstanding from the cauliflower ravoli, to the wood grilled corn salad to the fried chicken entree. The desserts were outstanding: the blueberry boat in the chocolate boat and the strawberry pie with the graham cracker crust very impressive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Wonderful!JaneMVIPDined on 9/21/2014This is our fifth visit to Vie and each time we are impressed at the wonderful food and service. This time we went for the Family Dinner. There were lots of kids there, but the staff was as attentive as when it's a quiet night with adults only. Food was great! Vie's become our "go-to" fine dining restaurant.Special Features:
- A little disappointingnoneVIPDined on 9/21/2014We've come to enjoy their Sunday dinners. This one was a disappointment. There was a large party with lots of kids nearby, which may have overwhelmed our server. Service was spotty -- not what we've come to expect. We all liked the appetizers, although the heat of the peppers in the cauliflower soup was unexpected. The whitefish and sausage and peppers entrees were both good -- but not served hot. The fourth member of our party ordered the chicken and dumplings and didn't care for it. She especially did not like the pickled green beans. The cheesecake was very good but the other dessert (a baked croissant tart) was over cooked and needed a chain saw to cut.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2014Going to Vie is always a wonderful experience and the food is always exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late for the party...RandyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Wow...we had the 5-course tasting menu. A beautiful experience, food, service, environment. And a nice surprise with the bill with a discount because we we seeing a play by Theater of Western Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suburban with a city feelaimeeepDined on 9/19/2014Fantastic food all around. Attention to detail was amazing. Great flavor combinations! We had bad service the first time we visited 3 years ago, but and a wonderful server this time around. We are looking forward to coming back again for another special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vie never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/17/2014What brings us back is the service and the attention to detail. Our hostess and waiter went above and beyond.Special Features:
- Very special placeTarheelborn1VIPDined on 9/16/2014We had a wonderful dinner from appetizers to desserts at Vie. Drinks were perfect as was the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okKarenVIPDined on 9/12/2014I was expecting so much more. Have wanted to go here for years. Finally made it but I won't go back. Did not care for the flavor profiles. Ordered the steak combination. Meat was very tough. Desserts were unmemorable. Disappointing. I wanted it to be so much more. Maybe the kitchen was having an off night. Shame.Special Features:
- bugdocedVIPDined on 9/9/2014Always a pleasure the trout and gnocchi were excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/8/2014You want City high end foodie consistency ? Get to Vie This place is as good as it can get. Overall over the top food service and decorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overrated!DisappointedDined on 9/6/2014Came here to celebrate a special occasion and was extremely disappointed by the food and slow service. There were 7 people in our party and not one person was happy with their entree. It took over a half hour after being seated to be served just bread and at least another half hour before we were served our salads. Entrees came out 1-1/2 hours after being seated. $30 halibut entree was a 1x2 inch piece of fish with fried zucchini bread filling most if the plate. Another person in our party ordered another fish that was filled with bones. The beef dish was dry and overdone. The chicken was described as having something gelatinous/unrecognizable on it. This was the third time I have been to this restaurant and will not be going back.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/5/2014We have been fans of Vie in the past, but the last meal was disappointing. The ambiance and service remain excellent as always, but food is the essential measure. They were out of our favorite wine, and the goat dish was a disappointment as the flavor of the meat was overwhelmed by the sweet, tomatoey sauce.
- Another fabulous dinnerdinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014Had another fabulous dinner at Vie. Ordered the 5-course tasting menu and everything was delicious. I especially enjoyed the gnocchi and the peach hand pie. Both service and food were spot-on.
- Great food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Excellent dining. Bussers very attentive. We go to Vie rarely - typically for special occasions. This particular night it was obvious that regulars get special consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like home.backhomeDined on 9/3/2014My husband and I just moved here from the city and have been disappointed with most of the food in the burbs. Friends told us about Vie so we tried it for our anniversary. We were so happy with everything about this restaurant from the food and staff to the best bartender ever. We felt like we were back home it the City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleT13SDined on 8/30/2014Highly recommend! Highly recommend!Highly recommend!Highly recommend!Highly recommend!Highly recommend! Highly recommend! v Highly recommend! Highly recommend! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More Impressive the First TimeChigal60Dined on 8/30/2014This was our second visit to Vie. I can say I was much more impressed my first visit than this one. We had the ravioli and squash blossom starters - both were great. We liked the ravioli more, as the squash blossoms had some pickled squash with them, that none of us really cared for, detracting from the blossom rather than supporting it. We had the goat, salmon and fried chicken for our entrees. We much preferred the goat and salmon. The fried chicken was ok, but we have all had better at much less expensive places. Service was great until our dessert order. After that our waiter was non-existent. When they cleared dessert dishes we sat so long someone brought us dessert menus again.Special Features:
- Good for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We had the pleasure to try some unique flavor combinations. I enjoyed the red pepper soup with mussels. The goat entree was also quite unique. However, the salmon was overcooked and tasted plain. Overall, the food and service was good, but not a great value as I had higher expectations.Special Features:
- FunAdgornDined on 8/30/2014Great food, fabulous waitress, fun evening! We enjoyed a special anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great anniversary spotChar47Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I dined at Vie last weekend for our 31st wedding anniversary. Great spot for the occasion. Quiet ambience, easy for conversation. Extremely attentive service and wonderful food. Combinations I would not have thought of (e,g, roasted corn, liver pate and blueberries in a salad) that worked wonderfully. Very imaginative and delicious food. Steep for my budget ($200 for the two of us with cocktails, glass of wine, dessert and tip - but worth it for special occasions.Special Features:
- Vie has a personal touchanniversaryDined on 8/21/2014I noted on our Open Table reservation that it was our wedding anniversary. We were greeted with a "Happy anniversary" given a glass of complimentary wine and were surprised to see "Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. (our name)" Printed at the top of our menus. Vie scores big points for delivering such a personal touch, along with outstanding food and service.Special Features: