21 Phillips Avenue
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatatvidalia.com/
- Phone: (609) 896-4444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm;
Monday: Closed: Will open for parties of 20 or more.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Scarlata
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: We are happy to host events in our restaurant during normal business as well as off hours. The restaurant holds 48 people comfortably and our outdoor dining area will hold 50 people as well. We be happy to provide a great custom family style meal for your event or your guests can order a la carte from our menu.
No matter what the event is, we feel confident we can provide you with a warm and wonderful dining experience with great food and great service.
We also cater off site events and will be happy to provide you with any information you need about our catering menu.
- Private Party Facilities: You may rent the restaurant for private events or outside dining. We are closed on Monday, but we will gladly open for you if the party consist of 20 or more. Lunch or Dinner. Please call for details or email at email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Salvatore 6098964444
- Entertainment: Al Fresco Dining with entertainment, weather permitting and Wine Tastings and outdoor fireplace
A word from Vidalia Restaurant
Welcome to Vidalia, Lawrenceville premiere destination for gourmet cuisine and impeccable service. Accented by soft lighting and elegant décor, Vidalia aims to please and succeeds in doing so. The professional staff caters to its guests’ every need making sure not to cut corners and only offering the finest, highest quality ingredients. The menu is vast and eclectic showcasing an impressive selection of Authentic Italian specialties. Treat your guests to an evening that they won't soon forget. The professional and friendly staff at Vidalia looks forward to making your next dining experience truly unforgettable with pleasant dining and superb cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Vidalia Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Lawrenceville ›
Vidalia Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (70)great for outdoor dining (53)fit for foodies (51)special occasion (37)romantic (30)good for groups (16)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Most every aspect of our experience was A #1, especially the service by Meaghan. Unfortunately the veal was a bit tough which caused me to chew a bit more than was desirable. We will go again, maybe even New Year's Eve, but I will avoid the veal. Roger MooreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local FavoriteVenueFinderDined on 11/8/2014Great food, friendly staff, small venue. Noise was more of a distraction than in past visits (we dine here once a month), but due to several big tables being served at the same time. Reservations are a must and difficult to get! BYOB. See you there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday DinnerwineanddineVIPDined on 11/6/2014It was quite a delicious combination of foods. The Portobello mushroom soup and the chicken con fico were both outstanding! The restaurant was full up, but the overall quality of the food and the service was still up to their usually high standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERYGOODOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014As usual, very good! I like it as a special place for celebrating birthdays and other momentous occasions. The evening was understandably noisier than usual because there was a group of about 20 people apparently having a good time. Not really objectionable, but it was difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply DeliciouswhycookVIPDined on 10/29/2014We have been to Vidalia many times. It never disappoints.Special Features:
- not badscotchontherocksVIPDined on 10/22/2014The dishes tend to have heavy sauces. Some like this. I like things lighter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The Specials offered for the night never, NEVER disappoint. Especially the Duck entrees....the Chef knows how to cook duck to perfection!!! Been diners there for years & have enjoyed every aspect Vidalia offersSpecial Features:
- Thurday DinnerwineanddineVIPDined on 10/9/2014This was a very nice evening for dining outside (as the evenings for doing this are quickly dwindling) and everything was up to the usually high standards. One can feel lucky to have so many nice BYOB restaurants in one's immediate area, and Vidalia should be numbered among the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Choice2theboneDined on 10/9/2014We hosted a farewell/retirement luncheon for a colleague at Vidalia's. It was a beautiful fall afternoon and we were seated in the outdoor patio dining area. The menu and daily specials were well planned, leaving everyone in our party delighted with their selections. The mozzarella app melted in your mouth, as did the stuffed mushrooms. The soups are consistently good. The generously portioned mediterrean (with crab & shrimp) and california salads were excellent. The eggplant and the rigatoni vodka did not disappoint. Ample free parking is a plus!Special Features:
- Vidalia Restaurant, Outstanding!VCVGDined on 10/3/2014Our son & daughter in law gave us a gift certificate at Christmas 2013 and wish we had gone sooner. The dining there and the food just outstanding! The prices were very reasonable for the excellent choices. We will return to try the pasta dishes which sound very nice & seeing other tables ordering some of the dishes, we will be back! The chef certainly knows how to cook just in a perfect way and a nice way to present his dishes when the server brings your meal. The service was quick and very attentive to our table with everything we would need. Our water glasses were kept filled as well. Just an excellent restaurant! It is also a BYOB which is a way to keep the prices lower as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb diningPleasedVIPDined on 10/1/2014The restaurant is consistent in the service and excellent quality of food. The chef prepared an tasty Osso Buco accompanied by Tomato Risotto. The meat was tender and the sauce delish. As a BYOB restaurant the pricing is far and worth the trip to the Village of Lawrenceville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialJackDined on 9/28/2014The food was first rate. I loved it, would recommend to my friends, and would go back soon and often. The Food was very good and service was attentive without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDukeVIPDined on 9/21/2014Great food, excellent service. A must try resturant. We now be a regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Round Excellence!wineanddineVIPDined on 9/18/2014A perfect, late summer evening paired with the usual, well-prepared food and attentive, well-paced service. To say anything more would be pointless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014As afisherman and cook, I enjoy all types of seafood and will order it often at restaurants. This was the best piece of fish I have ever ordered outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place for lunch or dinnerGreenVIPDined on 9/14/2014It was always OK but it has enhanced the food and has lots of energy. It was crowded during midweek, one sign of improvements. And, it's a BYO. Check it out.Special Features:
- Nice little place w personal touchOnceawaiterDined on 9/13/2014Charming little restaurant with a friendly staff. Chef came to our table twice, first to welcome us, ask about any food or spice allergies, and offer to modify dishes, then to check on how we liked our meals. Beautifully presented and tasty beet salad. Hearty lasagna. We were there early on a Saturday night. Small dining room grew a bit crowded and a little noisier than we would have liked for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food & outdoor dining!SharonDined on 9/11/2014We had the good fortune to dine al fresco on a beautiful evening at Vidalia. The ambiance was fabulous only to be outdone by our delicious meals. I would highly recommend this restaurant. The servers were attentive and welcoming. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great Food & Great service !DeekoDined on 9/5/2014We have always enjoyed our meals at Vidalia! Chef / owner Salvatore is an inspired chef! It's always a treat to try his specials! The food being awesome and service being good ... It's worth going there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFPSoldgynieDined on 9/5/2014It was delightful. A splendid late Summer night and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday DinnerwineanddineVIPDined on 9/5/2014Brought a friend to dinner and everything was perfect. Despite having to move inside when a brief storm came up, it was all a memorable occasion from the shared starter to our individual entrees, and, of course, the always outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner ruined by noise levelNJGrandmaVIPDined on 9/5/2014We love Vidalia---have been twice and will return. However, this last time was unbearable noise-wise. There was a large party and the room is very small. We were told the party was to be outside but the weather was not pleasant so they were inside. The noise level was miserable---not just "energetic." We could not even talk to each other. It is too bad because we were looking forward to a great dinner and the food was excellent. However, we could not leave soon enough. The owner was very apologetic and offered free dessert and coffee but we were eager to find some quiet. We will definitely check to see if there is a large group before we make the next reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding GemmarkDined on 8/31/2014I found this establishment on the internet and turned out to be one of the best restaurants that we have ever visited. Food and service was extraordinary outstanding!! And we enjoyed BYOB too. If I could, I would give it 6 stars. Too bad it is so far from home; 45 minutes... but we will be back! MarkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little hidden gemaquarianzDined on 8/29/2014Our first time there was when 10 of us went to celebrate a birthday. Made reservations after reading reviews and looking at their menu. Had never heard about it so was a little skeptical but was pleasantly surprised with a small, personal feeling place, and beautiful ambiance of outdoor seating with lights, great friendly service and good food. Everyone really enjoyed what they ordered. It's byob which worked perfect for our large group. The entree prices are $30 on avg, which was ok. Will definitely return for a date night or another birthday celebration. To get that 5th star...The only thing missing is live music... Maybe someone singing and playing piano or guitar...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italian food the right way!Messina1Dined on 8/28/2014Best Italian restaurant in a 50 mile radius. BYOB. Specials are over the top. Only place left that knows how to prepare a crispy duck as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at VidaliaLizHDined on 8/26/2014The chef took the trouble to redo a duck dish, which turned out to be perfect. It was worth the wait. Service was very attentive and friendly. Lovely ambiance on outdoor terrace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant, tasty but expensivebudgetgourmetDined on 8/26/2014The garden dining is beautiful. The food selection is excellent. Service is good. Food is excellent in quality and presentation. Portions are smaller than I would expect but adequate. The prices are consistent with the area but the specials that we ordered were definitely over priced. We did not inquire as to the cost before ordering and were shocked at the bill. I would definitely dine at Vidalia's in the future but would surely ask prices before ordering to ensure that the bill was not a total shock again!!!!!Special Features:
- A Favorite Place to DinefoodforjoyDined on 8/26/2014Whenever I bring friends to Vidalia's for lunch, I get lots of credit for my choice of restaurant. Actually, it's Chef Sal and his staff that deserve the kudos. The food, service and ambiance (inside or outside) are very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerwineanddineVIPDined on 8/21/2014The dinner was outstanding from the soup to the chicken scarpariello. First class food and service, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always!missylrpVIPDined on 8/20/2014This is our favorite place in the area. Always great service and food never disappoints. We sat on the patio on a beautiful, cool summer evening and were immediately greeted by our server. Without missing a beat, the water glasses were filled, wine opened and warm bread arrived. They obviously train their wait staff well and care about fine service. We asked for dishes prepared w/ some substitutions and it was no problem. Only issue is the inside is very small and can fill up quickly so it's difficult to go last minute. We also missed seeing Salvatore the owner/chef who usually visits each table. It was busy so he needed to stay in the kitchen. We wanted to tell him dinner was delicious as always.Special Features:
- Service hurt the experienceMikeDined on 8/16/2014Our order was lost when it went into the kitchen. After the table (next to us) that arrived after us was served their appetizers first by the same server something should have gone off on his head, but it didn't. He didn't pay much attention and we asked another waitress to find our server and food. It was obvious he never put the order in. He (Logan) actually never came back to our table the rest of the evening. The chef did come out and apologize for the lost order. I expected a comped desert or come back invite and we will make it better but it was not to be. Ashame because the food really is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMTnestDined on 8/16/2014We had an amazing meal here. Starting with the buttery, garlicky, crunchy warm garlic bread, to the special sausage-stuffed vidalia onion appetizer, then chopped beet salad, Osso Buco and Veal Parm entrees. Raspberry Tiramisu and Creme Brulee pie for dessert. Everything was perfect and delicious. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Vidalia is a hidden gemGigglesDined on 8/10/2014The food and service were worth the trip. The shrimp wrapped in bacon made so flavorful by the sauce needed to be soaked up by the delicious garlic bread. The lamb, duck, and pork shank were so tender that a knife was barely needed. Desserts were homemade and filled the sweet requirement. Bring friends; this place is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alfresco Fine @ VidaliaMyOhBMIDined on 8/9/2014Bottle service for this BYOB was excellent. Servers could not be nicer or kinder. Specials were numerous and clearly involved constructions. My onion soup was the best I've had on two continents: tangy cheese and a delightful sweetness. My wife's Vidalia onion special was the hit of her night - gotta get it when it's there! My veal with figs was a happy memory far too soon - wanna 3rd medallion! Orange/fennel salad with a balanced and mild balsamic vinaigrette very interesting. Raspberry tiramisu for one fills two happi-fully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2014Vidalia never disappoints. Their presentation is always artistic and the flavors rich and fulfilling. We had the day's special - Lover's Scallops. It looked beautiful and tasted great. We were a party of five and the only issue was that the food was not brought out simultaneously so two of us got our food but had to wait almost fifteen minutes for the rest of the table to be served. That's not the norm though, so we chalked it up to an error. Great place though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting, food lackingBryanDined on 8/9/2014I picked this restaurant without any personal recommendations, based on the excellent reviews I read here. We liked the BYOB, the outdoor seating was lovely, the service was excellent. The 2 appetizers we ordered were very good, but the main courses were extremely disappointing. There were 4 of us, and each couple ordered the same 2 dishes, so we actually only tried one pasta and one chicken dish, so our variety was not a good sampling. But we all reached for the salt and asked for parmesan cheese to try and add some seasoning to very bland meals. It surprised me to find such a lack of creativity and taste in a fairly pricey entrée ($18 for the pasta, $19 for the chicken). I think for the money we could have done much better elsewhere.Special Features:
- So Good!wineanddineVIPDined on 8/7/2014It was an outstanding lunch. Everything was perfectly prepared with the usual attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vidalia..How Sweet It Is!njjoanDined on 8/3/2014Excellent food! I had the veal with figs and mushrooms which was out of this world. Birthday boy, aka hubby, went for the steak and shrimp which was equally delicious. Our kids had seafood and pasta...all wonderful. Chef/owner came out to say hello; a nice personal touch to dining. Love the fact that it is a byob.Special Features:
- Great Food in unexpected placeBambooLakayeDined on 8/2/2014I will definitely go to Vidalia again..... Friendly staff... the food was great. I will love to try some other things in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Lawrenceville RestaurantArthurJacobVIPDined on 7/31/2014Another fine dining experience at Vidalia on their terrace.I would recommend this to a friend.