21 Phillips Avenue
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatatvidalia.com/
- Phone: 6098964444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm;
Monday: Closed: Will open for parties of 20 or more.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian
- Executive Chef: Salvatore Scarlata
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout
- Catering: We are happy to host events in our restaurant during normal business as well as off hours. The restaurant holds 48 people comfortably and our outdoor dining area will hold 50 people as well. We be happy to provide a great custom family style meal for your event or your guests can order a la carte from our menu.
No matter what the event is, we feel confident we can provide you with a warm and wonderful dining experience with great food and great service.
We also cater off site events and will be happy to provide you with any information you need about our catering menu.
- Private Party Facilities: You may rent the restaurant for private events or outside dining. We are closed on Monday, but we will gladly open for you if the party consist of 20 or more. Lunch or Dinner. Please call for details or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Contact: Salvatore 6098964444
- Entertainment: Al Fresco Dining with entertainment, weather permitting and Wine Tastings and outdoor fireplace
A word from Vidalia Restaurant
Welcome to Vidalia, Lawrenceville premiere destination for gourmet cuisine and impeccable service. Accented by soft lighting and elegant décor, Vidalia aims to please and succeeds in doing so. The professional staff caters to its guests’ every need making sure not to cut corners and only offering the finest, highest quality ingredients. The menu is vast and eclectic showcasing an impressive selection of Authentic Italian specialties. Treat your guests to an evening that they won't soon forget. The professional and friendly staff at Vidalia looks forward to making your next dining experience truly unforgettable with pleasant dining and superb cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Vidalia Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Lawrenceville ›
Vidalia Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (75)neighborhood gem (74)fit for foodies (52)special occasion (41)romantic (36)great for lunch (20)good for groups (18)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)Show More
- Excellent place for lunch or dinnerGreenVIPDined on 9/14/2014It was always OK but it has enhanced the food and has lots of energy. It was crowded during midweek, one sign of improvements. And, it's a BYO. Check it out.Special Features:
- Nice little place w personal touchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014Charming little restaurant with a friendly staff. Chef came to our table twice, first to welcome us, ask about any food or spice allergies, and offer to modify dishes, then to check on how we liked our meals. Beautifully presented and tasty beet salad. Hearty lasagna. We were there early on a Saturday night. Small dining room grew a bit crowded and a little noisier than we would have liked for a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Great service !DeekoDined on 9/5/2014We have always enjoyed our meals at Vidalia! Chef / owner Salvatore is an inspired chef! It's always a treat to try his specials! The food being awesome and service being good ... It's worth going there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodFPSoldgynieDined on 9/5/2014It was delightful. A splendid late Summer night and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday DinnerwineanddineVIPDined on 9/5/2014Brought a friend to dinner and everything was perfect. Despite having to move inside when a brief storm came up, it was all a memorable occasion from the shared starter to our individual entrees, and, of course, the always outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner ruined by noise levelNJGrandmaVIPDined on 9/5/2014We love Vidalia---have been twice and will return. However, this last time was unbearable noise-wise. There was a large party and the room is very small. We were told the party was to be outside but the weather was not pleasant so they were inside. The noise level was miserable---not just "energetic." We could not even talk to each other. It is too bad because we were looking forward to a great dinner and the food was excellent. However, we could not leave soon enough. The owner was very apologetic and offered free dessert and coffee but we were eager to find some quiet. We will definitely check to see if there is a large group before we make the next reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding GemmarkDined on 8/31/2014I found this establishment on the internet and turned out to be one of the best restaurants that we have ever visited. Food and service was extraordinary outstanding!! And we enjoyed BYOB too. If I could, I would give it 6 stars. Too bad it is so far from home; 45 minutes... but we will be back! MarkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- little hidden gemaquarianzDined on 8/29/2014Our first time there was when 10 of us went to celebrate a birthday. Made reservations after reading reviews and looking at their menu. Had never heard about it so was a little skeptical but was pleasantly surprised with a small, personal feeling place, and beautiful ambiance of outdoor seating with lights, great friendly service and good food. Everyone really enjoyed what they ordered. It's byob which worked perfect for our large group. The entree prices are $30 on avg, which was ok. Will definitely return for a date night or another birthday celebration. To get that 5th star...The only thing missing is live music... Maybe someone singing and playing piano or guitar...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italian food the right way!Messina1Dined on 8/28/2014Best Italian restaurant in a 50 mile radius. BYOB. Specials are over the top. Only place left that knows how to prepare a crispy duck as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at VidaliaLizHDined on 8/26/2014The chef took the trouble to redo a duck dish, which turned out to be perfect. It was worth the wait. Service was very attentive and friendly. Lovely ambiance on outdoor terrace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant, tasty but expensivebudgetgourmetDined on 8/26/2014The garden dining is beautiful. The food selection is excellent. Service is good. Food is excellent in quality and presentation. Portions are smaller than I would expect but adequate. The prices are consistent with the area but the specials that we ordered were definitely over priced. We did not inquire as to the cost before ordering and were shocked at the bill. I would definitely dine at Vidalia's in the future but would surely ask prices before ordering to ensure that the bill was not a total shock again!!!!!Special Features:
- A Favorite Place to DinefoodforjoyDined on 8/26/2014Whenever I bring friends to Vidalia's for lunch, I get lots of credit for my choice of restaurant. Actually, it's Chef Sal and his staff that deserve the kudos. The food, service and ambiance (inside or outside) are very satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerwineanddineVIPDined on 8/21/2014The dinner was outstanding from the soup to the chicken scarpariello. First class food and service, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious as always!missylrpVIPDined on 8/20/2014This is our favorite place in the area. Always great service and food never disappoints. We sat on the patio on a beautiful, cool summer evening and were immediately greeted by our server. Without missing a beat, the water glasses were filled, wine opened and warm bread arrived. They obviously train their wait staff well and care about fine service. We asked for dishes prepared w/ some substitutions and it was no problem. Only issue is the inside is very small and can fill up quickly so it's difficult to go last minute. We also missed seeing Salvatore the owner/chef who usually visits each table. It was busy so he needed to stay in the kitchen. We wanted to tell him dinner was delicious as always.Special Features:
- Service hurt the experienceMikeDined on 8/16/2014Our order was lost when it went into the kitchen. After the table (next to us) that arrived after us was served their appetizers first by the same server something should have gone off on his head, but it didn't. He didn't pay much attention and we asked another waitress to find our server and food. It was obvious he never put the order in. He (Logan) actually never came back to our table the rest of the evening. The chef did come out and apologize for the lost order. I expected a comped desert or come back invite and we will make it better but it was not to be. Ashame because the food really is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMTnestDined on 8/16/2014We had an amazing meal here. Starting with the buttery, garlicky, crunchy warm garlic bread, to the special sausage-stuffed vidalia onion appetizer, then chopped beet salad, Osso Buco and Veal Parm entrees. Raspberry Tiramisu and Creme Brulee pie for dessert. Everything was perfect and delicious. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Vidalia is a hidden gemGigglesDined on 8/10/2014The food and service were worth the trip. The shrimp wrapped in bacon made so flavorful by the sauce needed to be soaked up by the delicious garlic bread. The lamb, duck, and pork shank were so tender that a knife was barely needed. Desserts were homemade and filled the sweet requirement. Bring friends; this place is worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alfresco Fine @ VidaliaMyOhBMIDined on 8/9/2014Bottle service for this BYOB was excellent. Servers could not be nicer or kinder. Specials were numerous and clearly involved constructions. My onion soup was the best I've had on two continents: tangy cheese and a delightful sweetness. My wife's Vidalia onion special was the hit of her night - gotta get it when it's there! My veal with figs was a happy memory far too soon - wanna 3rd medallion! Orange/fennel salad with a balanced and mild balsamic vinaigrette very interesting. Raspberry tiramisu for one fills two happi-fully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/9/2014Vidalia never disappoints. Their presentation is always artistic and the flavors rich and fulfilling. We had the day's special - Lover's Scallops. It looked beautiful and tasted great. We were a party of five and the only issue was that the food was not brought out simultaneously so two of us got our food but had to wait almost fifteen minutes for the rest of the table to be served. That's not the norm though, so we chalked it up to an error. Great place though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely setting, food lackingBryanDined on 8/9/2014I picked this restaurant without any personal recommendations, based on the excellent reviews I read here. We liked the BYOB, the outdoor seating was lovely, the service was excellent. The 2 appetizers we ordered were very good, but the main courses were extremely disappointing. There were 4 of us, and each couple ordered the same 2 dishes, so we actually only tried one pasta and one chicken dish, so our variety was not a good sampling. But we all reached for the salt and asked for parmesan cheese to try and add some seasoning to very bland meals. It surprised me to find such a lack of creativity and taste in a fairly pricey entrée ($18 for the pasta, $19 for the chicken). I think for the money we could have done much better elsewhere.Special Features:
- So Good!wineanddineVIPDined on 8/7/2014It was an outstanding lunch. Everything was perfectly prepared with the usual attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vidalia..How Sweet It Is!njjoanDined on 8/3/2014Excellent food! I had the veal with figs and mushrooms which was out of this world. Birthday boy, aka hubby, went for the steak and shrimp which was equally delicious. Our kids had seafood and pasta...all wonderful. Chef/owner came out to say hello; a nice personal touch to dining. Love the fact that it is a byob.Special Features:
- Great Food in unexpected placeBambooLakayeDined on 8/2/2014I will definitely go to Vidalia again..... Friendly staff... the food was great. I will love to try some other things in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Lawrenceville RestaurantArthurJacobVIPDined on 7/31/2014Another fine dining experience at Vidalia on their terrace.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor seatingGracieDined on 7/31/2014We sat outside on a beautiful night. Our waitress Diana was attentive and pleasant but not overbearing. Sal the owner came over to see that everything was ok with our meal. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A rare find . . .ruminari54Dined on 7/31/2014Vidalia's captures the essence of great Italian Cuisine marked by an atmosphere that is quaintly elegant and intimate. We were lucky to have celebrated a milestone birthday, for our father, in such a good restaurant. . .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menucharlieDined on 7/29/2014Our meals were very good and the menu left us wanting to come back againSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!Good4eatingDined on 7/29/2014The service was fantastic. My girlfriend and I were overwhelmed in a good way with the decisions we had to make. We payed less than $100 for a 4 course meal. Definitely a great place to go with a small group or a lover.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vidalia is a charming restaurantArthurJacobVIPDined on 7/24/2014We had such an enjoyable and relaxing dinner here out on their terrace. The service was particularly notable because it was so very gracious and accommodating. We will def. return in the near future.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We had a unique experience from the moment we walked in to the time we left-- courteous, knowledgeable kind staff; professional from wait staff to presenters of food. This small restaurant is a GEM! Chef is amazing-- presentation and food taste a like. Comfortable; dressy or not as you wish. We were delighted with the extreme profefssional feel of this place and yet relaxed and un rushed to enjoy a birthday celebration. Beet salad was delicious and the Creme Brule Pie not to be missed. Even provided a lit candle for the birthday celebrant. We will be back many times-- with our teens and with other friends. HIGHLY recommendSpecial Features:
- Very good.wineanddineVIPDined on 7/24/2014Excellent meal with the soup of the day and the eggplant. All in all, a very good lunch on a day that was perfect for dining outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ben FOnlythebestDined on 7/22/2014Friendly attentive service. Outstanding food quality and preparation. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get Your Act TogetherUrbanDinerVIPDined on 7/20/2014This is a small restaurant with an ambitious menu which delivered on our menu choices. Portions are adequate but not generous, and we are light eaters. You may leave hungry. We arrived early and asked to be seated outside. The hostess offered us any available table so we chose one in the corner in the shade. After being seated and served water with our menus, another (male) waiter came over and told us the table we were seated at was "reserved" and we would have to move. This annoyed me but we cooperated. An hour later, we paid our bill and were leaving. The "reserved" table was still empty. I consider this an insult. I will not return to this restaurant because of this incident. Very loud and lots of kids. Be aware.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014My husband and I dined in the garden area. It was very pleasant. The food was interestingly prepared and appealing to look at. We enjoyed dining at this restaurant and would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but ExcellentFloraNJDined on 7/18/2014Dinner at Vidalia's was wonderful. The food was the best part of our dining experience. The inside restaurant was a bit cramped (too many tables for the room size) and this made the noise level loud but bearable. The entree I wanted most on the standard menu was "not available." Wasn't happy about this but was very happy with the fish special. All three of us ordered the same speciality item and two out of three asked if the item could be tweaked. It was evident that meals at Vidalia are prepared fresh and as ordered. No cookie cutter service here. Our server was sweet. The chef was in view at every turn. A special place for a special occasion or if you want a special treat go to Vidalia's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, weak serviceVanceDined on 7/18/2014Took a friend here for lunch. Food and ambience was excellent. Only issue was mediocre service. Beverages we ordered never arrived and waitress was difficult to find - and seemed bored. Nevertheless will definitely go back for great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is so-so, service is friendlyChefDeeVIPDined on 7/13/2014It was a Sunday evening, so perhaps the chef was not on his/her toes by this point in the weekend. We were greeted very nicely and seated promptly. Our waitress rattled off the specials very quickly and quite perhaps more loudly than necessary. My friends both seemed to enjoy their meals, but my appetizer (the beet salad) was too sweet with not enough chèvre while my main course (seafood in white wine sauce on linguini) was really flat with no contrasting tastes. Fresh herbs would have been a nice touch and they are readily available in the summer! The desserts were all delicious - the best part of the meal. In general the portions were too big for all courses.Special Features:
- A Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/3/2014This restaurant never fails to be wonderful. It's a small-town feel with a big town sophistication. The menu is diverse enough to accommodate all palates. It's a BYOB so the prices are much more reasonable.Special Features:
- Alwaqys a great meallaxrefDined on 6/28/2014We have eaten at Vidalia's on a number of occasions and the food was terrific every time. If not the best Italian restaurant in Central Jersey, it's certainly one of the top 2 or 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!!TommyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Been to Vidalia a few times and it just seems to keep getting better!!! From the appetizer to rhe salad - to the main course, everything was way above par!!! Too stuffed for desert but watching around us, that looked great too! Service was very friendly, knowledgable and speedy!!!Special Features: