Vida Southwestern Grill
21810 Kingsland Boulevard
Katy, TX 77450Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Vida Southwestern Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vidalocakaty.com/
- Phone: 2816009600
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast and Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday, Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Wednesday, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We put a personal touch on all our catering jobs. Whatever you want we can make happen. We have done a wedding for 600 with a different cuisine to a child’s birthday party where we brought our very own Curious George.
- Private Party Facilities: We have two indoor rooms that seat 25 and 40 or we have two of the largest patios in town where we can do extravagant large parties. We also have a facility right down the road that we use for larger indoor parties.
- Private Party Contact: CHRIS or JAKE 2816009600
- Entertainment: Wed:Live DJ
Thurs: Sand Volleyball Tournament
Fri: Salsa Night w/ Rudy & Grupo De KaChe
Sat: Various Live Bands from Classical Rock to Mo Town & even an Elvis Show
Sun :Brunch Buffet, Sand Volleyball & DJ
A word from Vida Southwestern Grill
Come experience one of the most unique restaurants in town. Whether you come for the amazing food, live entertainment, enormous patios or to sip on a margarita served out of a fresh coconut or pineapple you are sure to have an amazing time at Vida Southwestern Grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vida Southwestern Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Mothers day brunch4mydiningDined on 5/12/2013Made a reservation for the patio. They set us inside. Food from buffet was cold and most bins were empty. Service was bad that day. I love this place, but probably will not do a brunch there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!EllieBDined on 5/12/2013We try to go here every Mother's Day and this year was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been to Vida Loca manyEMSMVIPDined on 5/7/2013Have been to Vida Loca many times. It is progressively going downhill fast. Went on Tuesday 6 pm to see the Grateful Geezers, a great band. Requested seating on the patio where the band was playing and was told there was no waitstaff for that area, we would have to go to the bar to order. There was one bartender to take orders for 15 people on the patio and fix drinks for the whole restaurant. A table of six went inside to eat and never returned It took over an hour to get our food. After eating, I got a large serving tray and removed the dishes from our table. I'll go back to see the band, but will eat somewhere else first.
- AverageJbrown1128VIPDined on 4/14/2013The food was good, the blueberry mojito was excellent. They ran out of poblanos which was my original order. Sitting on the patio, you get to look at an intersection. Overall it's an ok place to eat, no better than a franchise restaurant.
- My Birthday dinner with myOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013My Birthday dinner with my family. Bad service , food not that great and it was cold.Special Features:
- Great place for Mexican!sdfs1031Dined on 1/1/2013My fiance and I have been here a number of times and our experiences have all been good. We have come here for brunch, dinner, and a birthday party planned for me. The food is good and flavorful and the service responds to your needs. The drinks tend to be on the great and quickly served and I would recommend the Bull-rita.Special Features:
- Disapointing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012Patrons should be told of a cover charge for sitting outside with the band. Food was disapointing. Band was great and entertaining; an intimate new years eve venue.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012When the Grateful Geezers band perform there it is a great place to be. They pack the place with followers. Over the years I have been there with friends and relatives and a great time has had by all. Always recommend reservations to assure seating.Special Features:
- First time there...celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012First time there...celebrating a birthday...it was a lot of fun and the food was very good.Special Features:
- We appreciated the extra effortOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/7/2012We appreciated the extra effort made to find us a seat so we could hear the band Identity Crisis. We enjoy hearing them play so much. The host went to great trouble to find us a place. We ended up dead center in front of the band. It was a most enjoyable evening as far as the band, help from the wait staff, and being with our friends. Thanks for the extra effort! Sherry BrownSpecial Features:
- Great service and Food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2012This is a Fun place and good food, very nice patio area. I preffer the Patio area the inside seating is noisy and the hostess stand area is so noisy they could not understand that I had a reservation until I repeated myself 4 times.Special Features:
- I used open table to mameOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/28/2012I used open table to mame the reservation and noted in the special notes section that I wanted to be outside on the patio for Elvis night - good thing I called because they didn't read my special notes. Also for Elvis night we had to pay $20 ahead prepayment for reservations. I understand paying $20 ahead but not for the reservation. Other than that it was great. Love Elvis night, also fun.Special Features:
- Made a reservation as usualTexasVIPDined on 3/24/2012Made a reservation as usual and when we go their they would not sit us in the patio where we always sit. The excuse was we did put in the reservation that we wanted to sit in the Patio. We have made a reservation 10 plus times to eat there and never had to put on the reservation for the patio. The entire interior of the Resturant was empty. The food is pricy and the quality med but the ambiance on the Patio make up for it. We went to Kukos instead were the food is awesome.
- Horrible waiter. Didn't seemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2012Horrible waiter. Didn't seem to want to be there, was rude, never thanked us once even as we passed him when we were leaving, brought us one check without seeing if we wanted multiple separateand when we tried to tell him this we could not find him and had to ask a manger to help us out. He should never have gotten the automatic 18% gratitude fee
- Loca Si, Bueno No!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2012This was quite a disappointing visit to Vida Loca. With a party of 7 including one great grandmother the restaurant was very loud, which they tried to solve by giving us a service area that was not being utilized and having one server from the outdoor area wait on us. She proved to be very inefficient but more disappointing was the food. One fish order was sent back as it was totally inedible. One burrito dish so salty that it was difficult to eat and the queso was amazingly Velveeta-like...can't say we will be going back ever again. Tilapia as the Catch of the Day - C'mon Man!!!
- Five star experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/2/2012Had a great time!! Our server joshua made everything very special for our birthday boy!Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere not so good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2011The Entertainment was good and atmosphere was pretty good but we had a party of 15 and the tables were not ready and we waited for 45 minutes to be seated when we had a reservation. The waiter that took care of us forgot about us for a while and never brought water or asked us if we wanted any more drinks. We ended up after finishing eating having to go up to the bar to get our own drinks.Special Features:
- When I reserved with OpenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2011When I reserved with Open Table I said we need a space where we could have a conversation. They had no area set for us when our reservation time came. We were set on the patio with all the other diners and we could hear each other talk. Not what I had hoped for.
- wish i lived closerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2011Fabulous people, moved our party indoors at our request. Awesome food. Amazing service and FANTASTIC MARAGRITAS!Special Features:
- They were charging $10 coverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2011They were charging $10 cover to see the band play. They didn't advertise the cover and I planned a 10 people gathering to go see the band and I was embarrassed with my friends because we didn't get to see the band. THat's the reason we went to the restaurant.
- We had a large group, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2011We had a large group, service was a bit slow, but our waitress was working hard. Great dinner!Special Features:
- Food was good. Wish our waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011Food was good. Wish our waiter would of been dedicated to only us that night. Overall wonderful. Lit sparkler candles for my Mom's 50th Birthday and helped to decorate the room.Special Features: