Vida Cantina - St. Louis
1137 St Louis Galleria
St. Louis, MO 63117Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Vida Cantina - St. Louis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.vidastlouis.com/
- Phone: 3148631150
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Tuesday: 4:00pm - 12:00am; Wednesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:30am;
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jason Thomson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Spice up your next social gathering by celebrating with Vida. From corporate events and company meetings to birthdays and holiday parties, the experienced event coordinators at Vida will help you flawlessly pull off an event catered to your needs with a flare that's uniquely Vida. That means completely customizable party plans, including various seating options for parties of any size, Vida’s evolved Mexican cuisine, festive atmosphere, exceptional service and specialty handcrafted margaritas. To book a party please contact our Sales department: email@example.com or feel free to just give us a call!
- Private Party Contact: Andrea Jones 3148631150
A word from Vida Cantina - St. Louis
Vida Mexican Kitchen y Cantina is a unique tequila bar offering traditional, regional and contemporary cuisine in the vibrant Galleria in St. Louis. At Vida, bold, deliciously unexpected flavors are presented with refreshing style, alongside signature "Skinny Margaritas," handcrafted cocktails and an extensive list of tequilas. With its warm, inviting atmosphere, specialty Mexican fare, hospitality and impeccable service, Vida Mexican Kitchen y Cantina offers a distinctive experience for its guests. Vida is evolved Mexican cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Vida Cantina - St. Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
- Margaritas great. Food so-so.MargeArita1248Dined on 6/8/2013Beware of the great frozen margaritas in the amply tall glasses. They're irresistible but carry a lot of tequila! It'll sneak up on you. The food was a disappointment. Tasteless guacamole and all 3 of us thought our dinner food was almost tasteless. We liked the atmosphere bu will only go back for drinks, chips and salsa. Too bad, Vida.Special Features:
- Best Mexican Food in St. LouisDaveMVIPDined on 5/11/2013Vida Cantina is on par with the best Mexican restaurants in Houston and San Antonio, but we get to enjoy it right here in St. Louis! Don't let the Galleria address fool you, the food, the drink, the service, and the atmosphere deliver the best Mexican dining on either side of the river. Way to go, Vida!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and drinks we great.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/5/2013The food and drinks we great. The wait for margaritas was way too long, but the overall service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great!Eatsndrinks43Dined on 5/3/2013Everything we ordered was great (two enchilada dishes). The mojitos were delicious and the cheese dip appetizer was practically licked clean. The price is kinda high for Mexican but the portions were good and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best guacamole I've ever tasted!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2013Vida is a remotely upscale Mexican restaurant with great service, a good selection and really good guacamole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our waitress was outstanding.Mo2ma2VIPDined on 4/26/2013Our waitress was outstanding. She was friendly, patient, helpful, quick with service and drinks. She was everything a waitress should be. Unfortunately, I found the food bland ... which is really strange in a Mexican restaurant. Even the guacamole was bland. Disappointing to say the least.
- Second time to the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/25/2013Second time to the restaurant was a little disappointing because of the service. Food was still very good.
- I enjoy the food selection.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013I enjoy the food selection. It is my favorite Mexican Food Restaurant. I like the sweet ice tea. It is just the right sweetness (not too sweet but excellent flavor).Special Features:
- I had been to Vida once beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013I had been to Vida once before and couldn't wait to take my Mexican food-loving friend. The food is outstanding as well as the sangria. I have celiac disease and they were very willing to make subsitutions at my request, but they are not a gluten-free facility. The wait to have our order taken was a little slow, but once we ordered the food came quickly. It has a really fun atmosphere with fair prices on both food and drink. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- The food and the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013The food and the service was just so-so. I did not enjoy the veggie burrito; only had two vegetables diced up and beans did not compensate for the lack. My husband's order was not put in correctly. We were 1/2 way through our meal before the correct order came out and it still did not come out right. My daughter liked the tacos and plantain. This is really a chain resturant based on menu, atmosphere and service. I suppose I expected more since it was in the Galleria and looked more high-end at first look.Special Features:
- Really good, flavorful dishes.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013Really good, flavorful dishes. I tried the 3 enchilada combo, all were good but the shredded beef was great- melt in your mouth tender. My wife had the fish tacos; perfect crisp with a nice citrusy crema. The service was attentive.
- Wife is from Arizona and sheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/22/2013Wife is from Arizona and she was very impressed by the quality of the food. Definitely plan to visit again.Special Features:
- So So Good! Will Be Back :-)BigJarVIPDined on 3/22/2013This was my 2nd time at Vida Cantina for lunch. The 1st time was not so good but this time was outstanding. We were served WARM freshly (house)made chips and spicy salsa - both were really good. So good that I ate the entire salsa before my friend arrived, but was brought another one - no charge. I ordered FRESH grilled salmon which was TERRIFIC and just the right size. My friend had an equally delicious shrimp entree. The waitress forgot my torilla soup so it was served with lunch, but so good it didn't matter. We stayed and talked and ended with the BEST fresh coffee (yes, coffee). Disregard my previous review........THIS PLACE IS HERE TO STAY. Will be back for happy hour which I hear is as good as the margaritas! Ole!Special Features:
- This was my second time tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013This was my second time trying Vida. I wanted to try something new on the menu but couldn't pass up the same thing I had last time - tacos! They are amazing. You can order three different types so you get to try more than just one. The mango margarita was hands-down the best margarita I've had. And, the service was exceptional.Special Features:
- We had a group of 9 for aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013We had a group of 9 for a birthday dinner. The restaurant was very accomodating when we added an additional person to our reservation ahead of the date, twice! We were seated immediately upon arrival and didn't have to wait. Our server was FANTASTIC! He attended to our needs very promptly and had a great personality. He really made it an extra nice experience for us. Our food arrived at the same time and was all hot and delicious, which is unusual for a larger group. We had heard wonderful things about Vida, and it lived up to our expectations. Our group of friends dines out frequently for brunches and dinners, and we are putting Vida on our "Definitely Return" list!Special Features:
- I met two friends at VidaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2013I met two friends at Vida Cantina for lunch on a Tuesday. It was not busy at all. I ordered a salad, which was very good. My friends and I all commented on the salsa being tasty.
- You Call This Different?BigJarVIPDined on 3/4/2013What a disappointment! They poured so much money into the decor and advertising that I had high hopes to go with the high prices. I really thought it would at least be good. Instead, it was painfully average. Overpriced taco and buritto platters! The black bean literally had NO taste. It was weird but told me that they probably weren't black beans. It was my friend's birthday and they comped her a dessert which was GREAT. Mango tart with vanilla ice cream. The Galleria needs something, but I'm afraid this isn't going to make it. Noise level was "quiet" but that's because there were only five tables at noon.
- Great evening food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2013Great evening food was excellent and our server was efficient, friendly and helpful. We had a leisurely meal served to us when we wanted at the perfect temperature.Special Features:
- Delicious food - not yourAE0123Dined on 2/23/2013Delicious food - not your average Mexican. We all ordered something different and loved it!Special Features:
- Promising Place for Mexican CusineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2013We went on a Sunday night, so not as many people there in the restaurant or bar area. We were seated and attended to immediately. Nice drink menu.My husband I were not overly impressed with their Parita margarita--expensive and not much in the glass for the cost (but lots of ice). However, the delicious salsa and warm, crisp chips made up for that disappointment. I ordered the crab and shrimp enchilada, my husband had a chicken enchilada---excellent choices. The restaurant might want to serve a crispy slaw with it instead of rice and black beans, as beans are in the dish as well. Proportions of food were large enough I could take home some for another meal. Upscale looking Mexican restaurant--shows promise for the future. We will returnSpecial Features:
- Overwhelmed and understaffed,DannaDined on 2/16/2013Overwhelmed and understaffed, from start to finish. Not a good first impression. Our waitress was apologetic but she couldn't overcome the lag time at the bar or in the kitchen.
- Good food. A bit crowded andWinstonVIPDined on 2/16/2013Good food. A bit crowded and noisy on Saturday night. Good treatment of more modern Mexian fare. Server, however, seemed too busy to give us good service. Food was such that I will return.
- expected a great Mexican restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013expected a great Mexican restaurant. Food was not good - It looked delicious on the menu, but was just not good. I ordered a seafood enchilada dish - the tortillas were dry and cracking, the sauce was scant. I though the filling was just okay. My husband got the carnitas - also not good. Margaritas were the premade variety - nothing special. The whole thing was just nothing special. Atmosphere was okay. Our server was very nice. We would just never go back there. Never. ever.
- Date night reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Great Mexican food with a little modern twist. Young family/ night out with the friends atmosphere. And quick and friendly service without the VP expense budget. Great place to go with your significant other and get the night started.Special Features:
- We visited Vida on ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013We visited Vida on Valentines Day. We were originally a little concerned because there were plenty of open tables, but we ended up having a great time and some yummy food. I had seafood enchiladas and my fiancée had the steak and shrimp special. Both were very good but just not oh-my-god good. Our server was terrific - I wish I could remember her name. She was attentive, friendly and helpful, and not overly so. The prices were reasonable. I would go back if I were in the area. Would like to check out the happy hour.
- Very good food. AuthenticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2013Very good food. Authentic Mexican for sure. Excellent salsa! Wish it weren't in a mall. Bar area is beautiful but not very active the night we went. I will go back for the food, for sure. A little expensive for Mexican food, though. Our leftovers were great the next day, too! Service very friendly and attentive.
- I enjoyed the place everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013I enjoyed the place everything was great from the food and service i did recommend to others and will return.Special Features:
- Eh, not bad but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/8/2013It was too bright and loud. Food was just okay; presentation was great but we weren't impressed by the flavor. The drinks were okay as well. Our server checked on us WAY too much, often interrupting our conversation and somewhat lingering as if we were being rushed. He was extremely nice though, so it was hard to be mad. I might return, but probably just for drinks.Special Features:
- We had a waitress (Linda)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/24/2013We had a waitress (Linda) that took excellent care of our table. She was very accommodating for all our needs during our visit. I would definitely recommend requesting a table that she was working at for the night.Special Features:
- Great restaurant! EnjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/20/2013Great restaurant! Enjoyed the braised short rib tacos for lunch one day - melted in my mouth. Then went back for dinner the following night for their filet mignon and lobster tacos! Outstanding!Special Features:
- Everything about Vida wasInallzVIPDined on 1/19/2013Everything about Vida was average. Not a bad experience just mediocrity all around. With so many other good Mexican, Tex-Mex and Southwestern restaurants in town I see little reason to return.
- The food was really good.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013The food was really good. I was a little disappointed in the service, but I think it's just because they are new. If you are looking for original, this is not the place. It has the look and feel of a mall chain restaurant.Special Features:
- It may be having growing painsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/12/2013It may be having growing pains but I have a hard time recommending this restaurant. The menu was interesting and our selections were OK but the service was very mediocre even though the wait staff was very nice.
- Busy but ready for the crowdDawnDined on 1/11/2013I couldn't believe how many people were there but that said we were seated and served right away. Several staff members served us, it was smooth. Everything was hot and delicious.Special Features:
- Food choices excellent. OurOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/10/2013Food choices excellent. Our meals were excellent. Server was very attentive and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Everything I've eaten heretrinitiVIPDined on 1/4/2013Everything I've eaten here has been really good so far, although I think the appetizers are a little high-priced. The entrees and drinks are reasonable. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- Vida Cantina is a Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012The best mexican meal I think I have ever had. Our waiter Michael was top notch. Food so fresh and delicious. Many great choices very hard to choose. Many great fish and vegitarian choices. I recommend the tortilla pie. It was made with chicken but I prefer fish and the accomadated me with substituting with shrimp. Cannot remember what they called the beans I chose but they were the pinto beans and not the refried black beans and the were out of this world and the corn side was woderful. Margaritas were very good. Fed 6 people with cocktails and tip for under $200.00 I would recommend Vida to anyone. I live in Edwardsville Illinois and I look forward to my next visit to Vida Cantina. Enjoy we sure did.Special Features:
- Service needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012The food here was decent, not spectacular. We had children with us and never received children's menus. We also never got all of our waters. Drinks were delivered and were wrong almost every time. The service needs a lot of work.
- Restaurant has a lot of greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2012Restaurant has a lot of great things on the menu. So many that it will force you to come back untill you have tried everything. I look forward to my second visit.Special Features:
- underwhelmed and overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/28/2012your basic tex-mex., trying to jazz-up the fare a little... but my 5 oz. "millionare margaritas" for $15 each sorta left a sour taste on the experience.... should have looked at the prices before ordering... now, I'm just left with the feeling that Vida is a "fleece joint" with pretty good food.... nothing special to warrant the fleece...Special Features: