2501 N Houston Ave #100
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.victorytavern.com/
- Phone: 2144321900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday 11am-3pm Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5PM - 11PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jim Oetting
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Whether social or corporate, for a half dozen or a few hundred, Victory Tavern City Grille can help you entertain effortlessly with style and simplicity. Our menu is designed to provide a total experience, or to complement your own home-cooked cuisine. Our team of savvy professionals has the know-how and experience to cater any gathering, and we are committed to providing great value.
- Private Party Facilities: Private parties can be held upstairs in our Loft Area. Loft area can seat up to 45 for plated dinner and 60 for reception.
- Private Party Contact: Events Manager 2144321900
- Entertainment: Victory Tavern is a great place to meet & eat before all home Stars & Mavericks games. We're just across from American Airlines Center. Park once with our convenient Valet Parking and stay for the game. Please call for reservations on AAC event nights.
- Special Events: Victory Tavern regularly hosts holiday and special event dinners on major holidays. We also host frequent multi-course Wine & Beer dinners that feature courses that are perfectly paired with featured wines or beers from renowned producers.
- Public Transit: The DART Green/Orange line and the Trinity Rail Express (TRE) stop just to the West of Victory Tavern (Victory Station).
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: In addition to our convenuent front-door valet service, there are also parking lots all around the American Airlines Center.
A word from Victory Tavern
Located in Victory Park at the front door to American Airlines Center, Victory Tavern is a stylish but unpretentious restaurant serving contemporary interpretations of American culinary classics. With modern-day versions of American tavern and steakhouse favorites priced from $10 to $32,Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Victory Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
31 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (14)neighborhood gem (10)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (5)late-night find (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (3)great for outdoor dining (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Another Great ExperienceEdMcKDined on 10/21/2014As usual, Jose and the staff provided great service and a great dining experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdMcKDined on 10/18/2014Great food. Great service and nice atmosphere. Jose and the entire staff do a great job of accommodating us before the Dallas Stars game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcharged & UnderfedDerwoodHamhockDined on 10/13/2014While the service was very good, the fixture, decor, etc. are great and the location is perfect for a concert or sporting event at the AAC the food choice was very limited and the portion was woefully small for the price. I left there hungry and frankly feeling a bit ripped off but since we were pressed for time to get to the show I couldn't really voice my issues. Also the place is excruciatingly loud and very difficult to converse it. In the past we've eaten here before Mavs games, etc. but in the future we will be looking for alternate venues. As the title says, overcharged and underfed. Also slightly deafened.Special Features:
- Great service at pregame eventKeithDined on 10/9/2014Victory Tavern is the perfect pregnant spot for a group of six. I like their round tables, spacious dining area and attentive service.Special Features:
- Busy but goodthe4rojosVIPDined on 9/19/2014This place was the perfect spot to valet our car for an AA event. The server was attentive and polite. The food wasn't over the top, but it was good for what we needed. You will pay extra for the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pre-Event VenueRandyCDined on 8/22/2014My wife and I valet parked and ate at Victory Tavern then walked over to a concert just across the street at the American Airlines center. Wonderful food, outstanding service! Lots of couples in the restaurant with a very energetic atmosphere. Came back after concert and retrieved our vehicle from valet. Most affordable parking although its limited and you must eat at the restaurant. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but too expensiveNewfoodyplaceDined on 7/26/2014A bill of $84.00 for meatloaf and salmon was a bit much. Drinks were $3.00 - $4.00 higher than other places. $9.00 for a small gin and tonic? Really? Would go back for food if prices were adjusted.Special Features:
- Rick VictorRickvDined on 7/26/2014The cost was high for cold food. We asked to have the air turned down and were told that they would. It never was turned down.Special Features:
- Terrible food, totally overpricedLuv2dine2Dined on 7/10/2014We were very disappointed with our experience at Victory Tavern. The food was mediocre at best, they got several parts of our order wrong, and on top of that, it was insanely overpriced. For that kind of money, we could've eaten at the best steakhouse in town. Instead, we all left disappointed and still hungry. The best thing it's got going for it is the location, and I'm sure it would be fine for drinks after a game or concert, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone for dinner.
- Drinks and food were mediocre.Out4MusicDined on 7/10/2014Greatest thing they have going is proximity to the AAC.Special Features:
- The following 515 reviews are from the Victory Tavern reviews archive.
- Burned foodBadeDined on 5/2/2014My crab nachos was burned. Took me 7 minutes to get someone to get me a drink once seated.Special Features:
- Order within ChaosTexasrickDined on 4/28/2014It was just before the Mavs Playoff game and the place was jammed with fans wanting to eat/drink and get to the game. The staff handled the chaos in a very effecient manner. Very impressive! The lady at the next table dropped a glass that scattered across the isle to out table. The staff was all over the spilt drink and wide spread broken glass in seconds. The mess was cleaned up in less than a minute without any unnecessary distraction. The Valet Crew outside should get some praise as they are cheerfull and start the dining event with a cheerful and energetic attitude. We were in a good mood before we hit the Tavern door thanks to their cheerful attitude.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you are deaf, this is the placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/26/2014I have dined here many times, but the noise level was way off the charts causing my daughter to hold her ears the entire meal and mine were hurting too.Special Features:
- MichaelVIPDined on 4/26/2014love the place.....always energetic & classy. Jose runs a great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeating myself againTexasrickDined on 4/12/2014Hey guys, I am there way too often to do these surveys. If there is a problem or a suggested improvement I will let you know. I am a regular for a reason. You do good work. See you next week.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stars v Blues 4/11/14BuckersUKDined on 4/11/2014Fantastic American diner, great pre match atmosphere, good food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The French Dip was outstanding.MikeDined on 3/29/2014The French Dip was outstanding. Sliced prime rib, not just roast beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good atmosphereDestinyDined on 3/29/2014Good place to go before a game for drinks or a burger.Special Features:
- Bait and switch menuBrianGVIPDined on 3/26/2014After making a reservation to ensure a seat before the concert we were attending later, we were seated, ordered drinks and looked through the menu. It was abbreviated from their standard menu. We wanted something smaller to eat, and asked our server to see the full menu. She told us they didn't offer the full menu on event nights. After she refused to ask the kitchen for an exception, we tried to find something to order. Nothing appealed, and it seemed they were only offering the highest priced items. It seemed they were gouging their patrons somewhat, taking advantage that they were be packed with event-goers. We left and had a delicious dinner nearby. Although we've patronized Victory Tavern often, we won't be back after this experience.
- Too many mistakes to go backBeforeConcertVIPDined on 3/26/2014- Dinners arrived on top of apps - salad dressing not on side as requested - 3 steaks all VERY undercooked and cold - "lava" cake room temp and ice cream melted 2nd star is due to the manager taking 10% off! but we won't be back. Lots of other good choices in the area.
- Not GreatdfwdinerVIPDined on 3/26/2014First time at VT and most likely the last. Food was only OK for the price paid. Was VERY busy. Granted it before a concert. Had a problem with the food and it was not addressed as it should have been.Special Features:
- Victory Tavern before Mavs GameJeremiahDined on 3/19/2014Great spot to eat before a Mavericks or Stars game. Prices very reasonable and has a nice feel to it. Good service, great food, cool spot to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snazzy Dinner in Entertainment AreaTexasSunDined on 3/18/2014Great ambiance with eclectic atmosphere. Great spot for business or time to wind down. Love the appetizers and the meals are plentiful. Salads are always fresh and the desserts are the perfect nightcap. Chefs are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Location for AA EventsmurphysctDined on 3/17/2014Great location, food and drinks especially when you are attending an event across the street at the American Airlines Center. Although a little pricey for what you get, the food and selections were good and our server was very attentive.Special Features:
- Same as usual.gpageDined on 3/15/2014Great food. Quick service but always LOUD. Not the place to go if you want to have an easy conversation with your guests over a long dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient to AACSkipDined on 3/13/2014Great place to go prior to concert or any event at AAC. Valet parking $10. Our appetizer was good but salads and entree very disappointing. Drinks and appetizer before a show we will do again.Special Features:
- PricySherryDined on 3/12/2014Ordered the meatloaf and a glass of wine while waiting on teens inside AA Center. Food was very good but the cheapest glass of wine was $12. Service was great.Special Features:
- Good food a little loudJimboDined on 3/8/2014The food was good except the cream of aspergas soup was bland. Meatloaf wasn't as good as my mothers, but excellent all the same. The steak/ frites was also excellent. The prices were a bit high for Dallas and the wine and drink prices were more like New York City. The croud was not large, but it was loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mavs Pre-game spotAngKDined on 3/7/2014This is a perfect spot to meet friends to dinner before your Mavs Game, Stars Game or AAC concert. It's got great food. We had Cobb salad which was great and the tomato soup with roasted pulled chicken was the best I have ever had. I also had a Key Lime Martini! Yummy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD-INCONSISTENT SERVICEYUMMYVIPDined on 3/7/2014SERVICE ISSUE REGARDING CHECK CHARGES. SERVER VERY INDIFFERENT;HOWEVER, MANAGEMENT VERY RESPONSIVE. WE FREQUENT THIS PLACE OFTEN.Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceEdMcKDined on 3/1/2014We had another great dining experience prior to the Dallas Stars game. The food, service and atmosphere were all wonderful! Thank you. Ed Colleyville, TXSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ParkingLucasDined on 2/28/2014My food this last visit wasn't as good as the previous visit. The burgers were awesome, according to my teenage boys.They should continue to offer valet parking, because it attracks Dallas Mavs fans.Special Features:
- Dallas Stars Hockey GameTarpDined on 2/27/2014Great venue for meeting friends and going to a Hockey or Basketball game.! Also the valet parking is awesome, much cheaper than the alternates!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place before a ConcertDoloresVIPDined on 2/21/2014Great place to grab a bite to eat before a concert at the AA CenterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceKQsuburbsDined on 2/21/2014We go here prior to AAC events- food is fresh , tasty...health- conscious choices plentiful, family- friendly, well- behaved kids welcome, service great- bar scene does not interfere w the dining scene- recommend!Special Features:
- Dinner Before the Eagle's ConcertEaglesConcertDined on 2/19/2014We had dinner before the Eagle's concert and had reservations for 7pm. We were seated promptly. We had looked up the dinner menu on-line but when we saw the dinner menu it was different. We were advised they change it for nights that concerts and special events take place. It appeared to everyone in the group that many of the lower priced items had been removed but we were told the only items removed were ones that take longer to fix. However, I am not sure how long it takes to fix fish and chips. The service started out great but later faltered. The place is extremely noisy if you are trying to have a conversation. The food was very good and it gave us just enough time to get to the concert. Good place for before AAC activities.Special Features:
- It's ConvenienteaglesfanDined on 2/19/2014Directly adjacent to AAC, the location is the draw. Food's not bad, but Dinner Menu no longer includes filet or burger. Service was good. Our table for four was up against a glass exterior wall, and air conditioning was a little uncomfortable for mid-February. Can't recommend it, other than the fact it's a decent meal, and just so easy to get in and out of before a concert or sporting event. I recommend reservations...on the night we went, those without waited ninety minutes.Special Features:
- Very Disappointingnick5747Dined on 2/15/2014The valet was not complimentary or based upon tips. We walked in and waited a good minute for the host to finish her conversation with the bartender to assist us to our table. Great looking bar and restaurant with nice environment. The waiter came over five minutes later and ask for our drink order and left after he only got my girlfriend's, forgot to ask me. Then we ordered a appetizer once she got her drink and he came back ten minutes later to ask how it is and didn't realize, he forgot to get it. Got our appetizer a while later and had half of it, ask for the check and the waiter never came back to get my credit card. Ask the host if she could take care of it. Terrible place to eat in Dallas. Honestly it was very disappointing.Special Features:
- Great pre-concert findGreatFind101Dined on 2/15/2014While looking for a local place to eat prior to a concert, Open Table recommended Victory Tavern. With favorable reviews, it was worth a shot. Excellent and easy reservation for shortly after opening time (5pm). Large, friendly crowd waiting to be let in was fun and energetic. Service from the greeting to the departure was well above par and very appreciated. Food service was quick and complete including a special vegetarian plate for my girlfriend. Who knew you could grill creamed corn and shred brussel sprouts in them, adding to the mystique instead of detracting from the combination. All well done and definitely worth a return visit (or more).Special Features:
- Our reservations were at 5pmshmthausDined on 2/15/2014Our reservations were at 5pm when they opened. We were seated upstairs, which is out of the way and quieter than on the main floor. Our server was very attentive as was the "assistant waiter" who kept our tea glasses full. The food was very good and plenty. I had the flat iron steak and it was bigger than I anticipated. My wife had the rainbow trout and she was quite pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.