Victor's Italian Restaurant
554 S. Ogontz Street
York, PA 17403Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Victor's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.victorsofyork.com/
- Phone: 7178547958
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: George Sheffer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Entertainment: We have live music Friday & Saturday evenings. Friday Night Jazz every Friday from 8pm to 11pm and local music on Saturdays from 9:30pm to 12:30am.
A word from Victor's Italian Restaurant
Victor's Italian Restaurant has delicious food served in a quaint, cozy, renovated church. The atmosphere lends itself to romantic dates or special evenings spent with friends and family. All meals are made to order and created from fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Victor's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in York ›
Victor's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (38)romantic (27)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (11)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)great for lunch (7)good for groups (5)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Amazing food and great location!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014The food at Victors is amazing and full of flavor! We had excellent service and could not complain about anything. We will definitely visit Victors again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, nice settingAdamisVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food is well prepared and really better than most Italian restaurants. We sat at the bar and the bartender was attentive, and friendly. They served respectable drink. The calamari app was tasty and spicy. nice and crispy and tender. Our seafood dishes were very tasty(Shrimp and lobster parpadelle and Fuuiti di mare) the seafood was cooked properly and pasta was nearly just right(a tad on the soft side). The restaurant, I believe, is in small old church or some such building, giving it a different, but pleasant setting. The outdoor dining looked nice, as it was on a quiet little street with little traffic passing by. This restaurant was an especially good one given the rather rural area it is in.
- Night OutNiteOutDined on 9/12/2014Hubby had swordfish and I had the scallops. Both we're delicious. Always a wonderful evening. Only complaint is that there is limited parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JEMSDined on 9/12/2014ALWAYS great food at Victor's. Classy with great atmosphere. Parking is at a premium so be prepared if you are going on a weeknight late in the evening.Special Features:
- A true VictoryAllanNanceVIPDined on 9/8/2014When you set out to find a place to ear on your Wedding Anniversary in a town 700 miles from you home can be a challenge. Wit the help of Open Table I feel I was Victorious in finding Victor's Italian Restaurant in York, PA. The food, wine and ambiance were wonderful. I would return many times if we lived closer.Special Features:
- Small Place-Big AchievementsSavorDined on 9/6/2014Victor's has the combination of excellent food, excellent wine, and excellent service. We always ask for Bridget and consistently have service that is prompt, friendly, and attentive. She knows the food and wine and is skillful in recommending items to fit your preferences. The specials are always worth consideration, using the pick of local ingredients at the peak of freshness. Yet, the seasonally changing menu is reliably good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!MsdinerDined on 9/5/2014The food was excellent and the atmosphere was wonderful and relaxing. We were not rushed at all, the server brought our next courses out at our own pace. Because we were able to work through our meal without feeling that we had to hurry up and vacate the table, we were able to sample more beers and wine, try some desserts, and really made a night of it. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone in the mood for a relaxing evening with some great drinks and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch food!arloeDined on 9/5/2014Always a pleasant time! The food is delicious and original. The wine and beer lists are also outstanding. Definitely a special occasion place but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food RelaxedBDE1Dined on 8/29/2014Good food, service, and atmosphere - overall nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Victor'sPerpetualVictorclientDined on 8/26/2014Outstanding restaurant!!! "Go to" place for special personal occasions in addition to the "date night" arrangement held on Wednesday evenings.Special Features:
- Great Food but Crab caneoli just okaug192014Dined on 8/19/2014Outstanding lasagna. Crab Cannelloni....pasta sheets stuffed with Ricotta and Jumbo Lump crab was mediocre. It was too crisp, too much cheese but had a nice a smoked marinara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food superb. Great atmosphere!GastronomeDined on 8/13/2014Always enjoy going to Victor's. Food & Service has always been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great customer serviceMarkKDined on 8/12/2014I cannot express how satisfied I am with the customer service. I went there with my fiancée (been engaged 4 days) and they gave us a nice, private table in the corner. The food was amazing and the beer selection is fantastic (great for craft beer fans)! At the end of the night, the shift manager bought us dessert as a congratulations on our engagement. I highly recommend that everyone gives Victor's a try!!! You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesTJR55Dined on 8/7/2014The food here is classic and truly amazing. It's so delicious I get cravings to return. My favorites - pesto arancini, heirloom salad, and saltimbocca. My guy got the filet last time and it was heavenly. Service is great! I live mostly in Philadelphia with no shortage of great food and this restaurant is still in my top 3. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AliciaDined on 8/7/2014I Hadn't been to Victor's in quite some time and was pleased to see the menu had changed. We had the lobster and shrimp paperdelle pasta and it was absolutley fantastic. The service was great also. We will definitely make this a go to.Special Features:
- Great food, very noisy.DhopDined on 8/6/2014I have been In and around the York, PA area forever but never knew Victor's existed. I was surprised to see signs that they are celebrating their 30th anniversary. Victor's is housed into a converted church.The bar area is a cool area to just hang out and meet interesting people. The menu is Mediterranean, with lots of interesting dishes. I had crab ravioli and my friend had flank steak, both items not normally on the menu. We were both very pleased. The beer list is excellent. Service was top notch. The place was full and very noisy as the dining is space is open and the tables are close together. I recommend Victor's for a fun evening with friends, not for a quiet romantic dinner or to discuss important business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special AnniversaryNiteOutDined on 8/1/2014We went to Victor's to celebrate our anniversary. Our table was ready only a few minutes after we arrived. Cocktails - Green Fairy (absinthe served right at table side & the Basil Vodka Gimlet. Both we're amazing! Our meals were served promptly and we're piping hot. Everything was perfect! We will certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing MealTrickyLynnDined on 8/1/2014The menu was absolutely incredible and we had a hard time choosing from all the great dishes listed. From appetizer to dessert we were blown away, everything was amazing. The crab and shrimp ravioli were so good. The icing on the cake was the tartufo for dessert, it was so unique and refreshing. The only problem we had was the noise level, it was super loud and we had a very hard time holding a conversation with each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Victor's never seems to disappoint! It is always a struggle narrowing down what you are going to eat because the entire menu looks so good. Great craft beer selection as well.Special Features:
- great ecperienceeatoliveDined on 7/19/2014Service was spot on. Food was exceptional.I would consider this more of a fine dining experience. The dishes are a little more exotic and creative. Great place to celebrate a special occasion. It is in an old church so it was loud. And the air condoning was a bit too cold. But neither took away from the overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific placethe7winosDined on 7/15/2014Our server was terrific. She was patient as we waited for our entire party to arrive. She made sure we had what we needed as we waited. Once our entire party was present she was very cordial and listened to our needs. One member of our party had a special dining need and she made sure to get the information needed for the kitchen crew. Our meal was served with an appropriate amount of time from ordering to the table. Dishes cleared, when needed and respect of our conversations we had going on. We never felt the need to stop talking while they cleared the table, as i have had to do at other places. They seemed to know when to clear and when to steer clear of the table. We had a great night!! Thank you !Special Features:
- A little disappointed...AngieDined on 7/9/2014Heard great things about the restaurant before I went to lunch with 3 friends. Its in an old church, so something a little different and the decor added to the experience. Our waiter was very attentive. I did find it to be crowded and noisy for trying to hear my table mates. The menu was interesting, but what I chose, I would not select again. The grilled chicken sandwich wrapped in prosciutto. This is a fatty ham, so at a restaurant of this stature, I expected it to be trimmed. It was not. Also the tomatoes served at our table everyone's order had them) looked horrid. This is July they should be beautiful! They appeared to have been frozen or maybe just cut and refrigerated--I expected more. I will not return.Special Features:
- Celebration!Winelovers111602Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I had reason to celebrate, so without much debate, we decided to celebrate at Victor's, and it did not disappoint! The food was outstanding, and the service was excellent. There was also a nice selection of wines by the glass, so we were able to try a few different ones with our various courses. We'll definitely be looking forward to our next trip back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A personal touchDrBombayDined on 6/28/2014Victors has great food prepared with love and attention by a dedicated staff. When you park out back you see how small a kitchen they must have, but the food comes out quickly and with flare. The beer selection is always exceptional and they even offer cask pulled beers like an English pub. A family favorite with a local feel and consistently good food.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerHappyInLuvDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary as first time diners at Victor's Italian Restaurant and enjoyed it very much. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere and ambience were the perfect setting for our special day! We will be returning for those special occasions.Special Features:
- Superb food, waitress commendableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014My husband and I were thrilled with the restaurant and quality of food. Each item had a unique flavor; and the menu met the needs for both of us. As a vegetarian, there were ample choices to meet my needs. And the waitress explained that accommodations could be made for other menu items. We commend the chef! My only disappointment was the noise level in the restaurant. Though my request for a quiet table to celebrate our anniversary was given the best possible location, it was only upon our arrival that we realized, there is no quiet, romantic location. Seated next to us was a party of six, with diners definitely enjoying their dinner. At times, we could not hear each other. Recommend for superb food, not for a quiet romantic meal.Special Features:
- Who knew?..Joan35Dined on 6/21/2014Who knew a person could find such a wonderful restaurant in a quiet residential neighborhood in York? At first we thought it was the neighborhood church, but we quickly discovered that this little church building had been renovated to become a real gem of an eating spot with indoor tables and an outdoor patio for quick bites. We were not an easy group, with food allergies and specific requests easily met by the server. Our 8 month old grandchild was with us, and our server was so great with him, even bringing him soft food to try out. We were so surprised and pleased with the food, service and decor that we will be sure to return next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hamfly1Dined on 6/20/2014One of Yorks best restaurants. Awesome food and service. Yahoo News rated it as one of 10 best restaurants outside of Philly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding...again!StevernoDined on 6/18/2014Different seasonal specials paired with wine specials resulted in flavor explosure. This continues to be our favorite go to place for special occasions. Walked away completely satisfied.Special Features:
- Shared with FriendsSavorDined on 6/14/2014We introduced another couple to Victor's this time and they will be back (as we will be). Exceptional specials and Victor's Favorites were the entrees we ordered. Lots of sharing, including desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding.ErickDined on 6/6/2014Our server brittany was one of the best servers I have ever had a a resturant.This is a quaint little resturant in york that i would recommend to anyone and they have great wine and great craft beers. To the owners at victors dont. Change anything about your resturant it is perfect. Sincerely, Erick and Jennifer hicksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoooomWolfboneDined on 5/27/2014I took my girlfriend here for a surprise birthday dinner. She broke up with me two days later. However, this had nothing to do with our time spent at Victors. This place will always be one my personal favorite places to dine, drink and be merry. Staff is elite in their knowledge of what they serve and the manager always has a smile on his face and is genuinely a hands down good guy. Dinner here often feels like dinner at a family members house. If you have not been here yet, go this week. If you have been here before, go back soon.Special Features:
- The following 165 reviews are from the Victor's Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- Noisy but Nice location & Good FoodNomNomNomivoreVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food was very tasty – thoughtful dishes, cooked to perfection. I had the scallops, which were among some of the best that I've ever had. The location is slightly off the beaten path in a residential area, and a large lot provides ample parking. The overall ambiance was nice, though the place is small and as a result got noisy quickly. We found it difficult to carry on a conversation at our table without straining and raising our voices.Special Features:
- MattDined on 5/21/2014You can always count on at least one thing at Victor's, the food is GREAT! If you like Italian, or food for that matter, give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnerPartyof12onTuesdayDined on 5/20/2014Brittany provided us with exceptional and friendly service on 5/20! We loved the food and atmosphere. It was a successful business function. All 12 of us were raving about our experience the next day. Thanks again!Special Features:
- Victors Best in York PaluvfoodDined on 5/16/2014Wonderful dining experience. Great food.Excellent service. Love the variety of dishes. Always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva La ItaliaDrLarryVIPDined on 5/13/2014In a city, town?, of limited dining options, I need to make a reservation for me an 5 colleagues, visiting from places likes like Dallas, Las Vegas, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, and New York. I took a chance. They did not fail on making it delicious and enjoyable for everyone involved! Quite the feat for a foodie group. If business takes you from out of town to York, I urge you...do not miss this spot.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantjonfioDined on 5/10/2014Took my date to Victor's before our prom dance. The atmosphere was romantic and perfect for the occasion. The food was expensive, but very tasty .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!ChocyDined on 5/2/2014We frequent Victor's on special occasions and to have a nice meal with our friends. Each person in our party chose seafood dinners which were incredibly delicious, fresh, and presented well. Chef George creates a new menu each season along with keeping his favorites. The wine and beer list are quite extensive. The decor is pleasing. My only concern at Victor's is the noise level. I do hope that will be addressed in the future which would enhance the whole dining experience. I highly recommend Victor's for an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing eveningSpiritDined on 4/30/2014Warm and friendly reception from the time we walked in. Wanted a low stress relaxing evening and service was perfect. Food was very good; excellent menu selection. Definitely a neighborhood gem tucked away on a back street in York.Special Features: