Victor's Italian Restaurant
554 S. Ogontz Street
York, PA 17403Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Victor's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.victorsofyork.com/
- Phone: (717) 854-7958
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: George Sheffer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Entertainment: We have live music Friday & Saturday evenings. Friday Night Jazz every Friday from 8pm to 11pm and local music on Saturdays from 9:30pm to 12:30am.
A word from Victor's Italian Restaurant
Victor's Italian Restaurant has delicious food served in a quaint, cozy, renovated church. The atmosphere lends itself to romantic dates or special evenings spent with friends and family. All meals are made to order and created from fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Victor's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in York ›
Victor's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (37)romantic (25)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)great for lunch (8)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Outstanding...again!StevernoDined on 6/18/2014Different seasonal specials paired with wine specials resulted in flavor explosure. This continues to be our favorite go to place for special occasions. Walked away completely satisfied.Special Features:
- Shared with FriendsSavorDined on 6/14/2014We introduced another couple to Victor's this time and they will be back (as we will be). Exceptional specials and Victor's Favorites were the entrees we ordered. Lots of sharing, including desserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was outstanding.ErickDined on 6/6/2014Our server brittany was one of the best servers I have ever had a a resturant.This is a quaint little resturant in york that i would recommend to anyone and they have great wine and great craft beers. To the owners at victors dont. Change anything about your resturant it is perfect. Sincerely, Erick and Jennifer hicksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BoooomWolfboneDined on 5/27/2014I took my girlfriend here for a surprise birthday dinner. She broke up with me two days later. However, this had nothing to do with our time spent at Victors. This place will always be one my personal favorite places to dine, drink and be merry. Staff is elite in their knowledge of what they serve and the manager always has a smile on his face and is genuinely a hands down good guy. Dinner here often feels like dinner at a family members house. If you have not been here yet, go this week. If you have been here before, go back soon.Special Features:
- Noisy but Nice location & Good FoodNomNomNomivoreVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food was very tasty – thoughtful dishes, cooked to perfection. I had the scallops, which were among some of the best that I've ever had. The location is slightly off the beaten path in a residential area, and a large lot provides ample parking. The overall ambiance was nice, though the place is small and as a result got noisy quickly. We found it difficult to carry on a conversation at our table without straining and raising our voices.Special Features:
- MattDined on 5/21/2014You can always count on at least one thing at Victor's, the food is GREAT! If you like Italian, or food for that matter, give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnerPartyof12onTuesdayDined on 5/20/2014Brittany provided us with exceptional and friendly service on 5/20! We loved the food and atmosphere. It was a successful business function. All 12 of us were raving about our experience the next day. Thanks again!Special Features:
- Victors Best in York PaluvfoodDined on 5/16/2014Wonderful dining experience. Great food.Excellent service. Love the variety of dishes. Always consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Viva La ItaliaDrLarryVIPDined on 5/13/2014In a city, town?, of limited dining options, I need to make a reservation for me an 5 colleagues, visiting from places likes like Dallas, Las Vegas, Cincinnati, Minneapolis, and New York. I took a chance. They did not fail on making it delicious and enjoyable for everyone involved! Quite the feat for a foodie group. If business takes you from out of town to York, I urge you...do not miss this spot.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantjonfioDined on 5/10/2014Took my date to Victor's before our prom dance. The atmosphere was romantic and perfect for the occasion. The food was expensive, but very tasty .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!ChocyDined on 5/2/2014We frequent Victor's on special occasions and to have a nice meal with our friends. Each person in our party chose seafood dinners which were incredibly delicious, fresh, and presented well. Chef George creates a new menu each season along with keeping his favorites. The wine and beer list are quite extensive. The decor is pleasing. My only concern at Victor's is the noise level. I do hope that will be addressed in the future which would enhance the whole dining experience. I highly recommend Victor's for an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing eveningSpiritDined on 4/30/2014Warm and friendly reception from the time we walked in. Wanted a low stress relaxing evening and service was perfect. Food was very good; excellent menu selection. Definitely a neighborhood gem tucked away on a back street in York.Special Features:
- Did not dissapoint!!ChefmmDined on 4/25/2014We had a wonderful dining experience at Victors last Friday. Wonderful service, not rushed but very close at hand when needed. Arrived very early for our reservation and were told our table was ready for us whenever we arrived. So nice to be accommodated with such a good demeanor and smiling faces. The food was all prepared very well---seasoned nicely and presented beautifully. A bit of the beaten path but a nice setting in the neighborhood. Will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of YorkPghTransplantDined on 4/19/2014We've been here multiple times now, and this has become our go-to standard. We recommend the mushrooms and crab cakes for starters, the scallops or any if the pastas for a main, and the dessert with the espresso cup - delish! The ice cream ball is pretty good too. The service here is better than any more-expensive place, and their wine and beer list can't be beat in York. Definitely check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under appreciated gemGlennMillerVIPDined on 4/18/2014Victors is without exaggeration one of the finest restaurants in York. We have been coming here for many years and it just keeps getting better and better. From the high-quality creative Northern Italian cuisine, to the excellent service and wonderful atmosphere, it simply can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leave more timeToadstoolDined on 3/28/2014Food was great, our seat wasn't ready on time so we choose to eat on the bar side at a tiny table, it was a little crammed but food was worth it. Leave plenty of time for your dining experience. Never had surf and turf made quite that way, very tasty. My wife enjoyed her meal as well, the food was worth the wait. The waiter was young and did a great job despite the busy area he had to cover Good craft brew selection, Peroni on Tap would have made the wait much better :) to many high test craft beers are not good for any commute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly staff, food optionbruceDined on 3/22/2014friendly staff, food option good for a msall place way tooooo noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Take on FoodHungryBaltimoreanDined on 3/19/2014First time there and love the ambiance - converted church turned into beautiful restaurant. Caesar salad was infused with a lemon zest that definitely made it different. Eggplant and chicken parmesan entrees were delicious! Could use a little bigger wine list, but the house wine was excellent! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was spot on. DessertskyleDined on 3/15/2014Dinner was spot on. Dessert was fabulous as well. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I love Victor's.DeKeDined on 3/15/2014My husband and I love Victor's. The food is reliably good and fresh. My husband always gets the eggplant parm but I try different dishes. Anything with shrimp or scallops is my favorite there. I definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night outKevinDined on 3/13/2014My wife and I had nice time. Small portions but very good. Would recommend it to folks that are into foo foo dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- super experienceangieDined on 3/12/2014My husband and I did the date night Wednesday night. The restaurant is in a little neighborhood in an old church. We liked the atmosphere. They had a great wine and beer menu. The date night menu choices were limited though and portions were quite small. However, the food itself was delicious, fresh, and I understand "farm to table". Regular menu is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingIrishDined on 3/8/2014My wife and I went to Victor's with another couple and had the best service and food that we have had in the entire York, Lancaster, Harrisburg area. We like to dine out often and have not found a better, nicer place to enjoy ourselves. I highly recommend Victor's Italian Restaurant. Please be sure to make reservations because many other people have found this "jem" as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal (but dessert debacle)FamilyManInMdDined on 2/28/2014Our waiter Matt was fantastic. He was friendly, very knowledgeable about the menu, and extremely attentive. Grade A+ Wife had the soup special for an appetizer and I had the crab cake trio. Very nice. Wife had the chicken parm for dinner and thought it was very good. I had the shrimp and scallop pesto and enjoyed it. Bread was freshly baked and delicious. If we had ended the meal at this point, I probably would have given them a 5 because our server was fantastic and we really enjoyed the food. Grade A Unfortunately, they blew it on dessert. Drop me a note for more details since I have exceeded the number of characters. Despite the dessert debacle, we would definitely return, the overall meal and service were great...Special Features:
- Good, but......brianDined on 2/19/2014I liked the atmosphere and the service was very good. I also thought the food was quite good but if it were not for the wednesday special (2dine for $40) i would consider the food overpriced. The special was worthwhile and offered some nice options to sample. The meatball app was underwhelming. I make the same at home, only smaller. When i'm in a chef's " house" i expect to try something different and unique, not everyday. It was good but...not memorable. However, i thought the shrimp and asiago raviolis were wonderful-- flavorful and surprisingly light for ravioli. Overall, worth the trip for a special night out but don't forget the visa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but alittle noisy.JsmithDined on 2/15/2014The food was very good, but it was kind of loud, not ideal for a special occasion like Valentines or an Anniversary. Any other time well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice DinnerlittlelabowDined on 2/14/2014We had a very lovely Valentine's Day Dinner at Victors. The ambience was quiet and there was a quartet walking around singing acapella which was wonderful! Our dining experience was great, and the food was wonderful. I wasn't crazy about our waiter though. We asked him what the "Chef's Vegetables" were today as it was mentioned in one of the entrees. He said "I don't know whatever the Chef decides- I think it may be asparagus". There were some other questions we asked about the entrees, and he didn't appear to be very helpful. Other than that though - fantastic experience! Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience.DaveTammyDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend & I came here for Valentine's day. Our waiter was very nice & helpful, I wish I could remember his name. We had several questions & my girlfriend had a special request that they were happy to do. Both our meals where excellent. We had a wonderful time & will return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful mealRobJDined on 2/8/2014This is such a nice place. Food was excellent and the service was great. Matt did an outstanding job taking care of us and I'd recommend this place to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceSingerDined on 2/7/2014Victors is a real find in York, Pa. The food is delicious and the wait staff is excellent. It is a small place, so reservations are highly recommended, especially on Fridays and Saturdays when they have live music in the bar. A nice place to celebrate a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out, once again!12341234VIPDined on 2/7/2014As usual, Victor's is the best place to eat in Central Pennsylvania. Inventive cocktails, great menu, fabulous service. It was a little noisy this time, but the place was packed, which is great to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute spot - lots of potential!MrshawkDined on 1/25/2014This was actually the second time in one week we got food from Victor's and the first time we dined in. Super cute place, great ambiance - we were celebrating our 10 yr anniversary. Our server was awesome as was my basil gimlet - my husband loved the craft beer options, the menu is really extensive. I had chicken parm last week and the pasta special this week, I don't think they make their own pasta - but they should. I enjoyed my meals - the salads are sparse though. We had a great time and think there is so much potential for this place!Special Features:
- Client DinnerSnowyOwlDined on 1/24/2014My husband and I brought one of our top clients here for dinner (her choice) and we were very impressed! Artfully designed, delicious aromas, pleasant and helpful staff, and the BEST italian food I have had for ages. The only problem was finding a parking space, which on a Friday night is to be expected. A full parking lot is always a good sign, too. We are looking forward to our next special meal at Victor's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodbmaksdadDined on 1/18/2014The food is some of the best in town. We had a great night out with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food. Service was sub par.62FairlaneDined on 1/18/2014Fantastic food quality. Amazing steak. The duck was a little on the gamey side. I've had better duck at the Shepard Mansion. Waiter left a bit to be desired. Somewhere along the line someone failed to communicate my request for my wife's birthday cake and ruined a simple surprise. For what I paid this could have been a lot better experience. The waiter was arrogant, condescending, and didn't seem to care we were paying customers since gratuity was included.
- ImpeccableTastefulDelightsDined on 1/16/2014As a Hidden Gem known to locals, this restaurant has maintained its moniker in the community. From the ambiance of dining , to friendly and professional wait staff, to the Chef and his team, its by far one of the top places. The Menu is updated with unique collaboration of italian foods. Its impeccable to the taste buds! The Timing of meals is never hastey, they allow the guest to enjoy at leasure, as every mouthful is savored. !Special Features:
- It was our anniversary night,PalsDined on 1/11/2014It was our anniversary night, and Victors's came through with just what we were hoping for in a dining experience. Victors provides the Romantic ambiance coupled with great food and perfect service. We had a long leisurly dinner, never felt rushed, which is important to us. Thank you for knowing what to do to make everyone feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great everythingSemiRegularDined on 12/28/2013osso bucco was out of this world good the night we dined so was the tuscan t-bone steak, the cheeseboard with italian meats was well worth the money, simply couldn't fit dessert in. impressive wine by the glass list in addition to the beer selection(wife a wine drinker, and i can appreciate a well selected beer or wine myself). Service was top notch. Definitely make a reservation for this place! been here before and couldn't get a table ate at the bar before though just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner, Rushed ServiceEllenDined on 12/27/2013I hadn't been to Victor's for several years and was impressed with the changes to the décor. All started out well and both myself and my friend ordered the Veal Saltimbocca which was melt in your mouth good. This was a holiday gathering from my friend and I so we were talking and enjoying the leisurely flow of our meal. That was until the waiter came to the table, with carryout containers, picked up my friends plate and put her food in the container without even asking if she was done. Then he went for mine as I was taking a bite! We were flabbergasted. Then the check appeared and he stalked the table until (not saying anything) until we put our money out. I would still recommend Victors just be on the look out for pushy waiters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had the best experience.Stacee1876Dined on 12/27/2013We had the best experience. No complaints whatsoever. Everything was just perfect. Will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.