Victor's Italian Restaurant
554 S. Ogontz Street
York, PA 17403Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Victor's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.victorsofyork.com/
- Phone: (717) 854-7958
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm,
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: George Sheffer
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
- Entertainment: We have live music Friday & Saturday evenings. Friday Night Jazz every Friday from 8pm to 11pm and local music on Saturdays from 9:30pm to 12:30am.
A word from Victor's Italian Restaurant
Victor's Italian Restaurant has delicious food served in a quaint, cozy, renovated church. The atmosphere lends itself to romantic dates or special evenings spent with friends and family. All meals are made to order and created from fresh ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Victor's Italian Restaurant - Best Restaurants in York ›
Victor's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (38)romantic (26)notable wine list (18)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)great for lunch (8)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Another Great Night at Victor'sDanCDined on 11/21/2014We go to Victors about once a month either for a Happy Hour or a Dinner. Their food is Chef Quality and the presentation and taste are second. We would say that Victor's is definitely one the the finest places to eat in the York area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in YorkBusiness6Dined on 11/18/2014In an area with few fine dining restaurants, Victor 's is a gem. We eat out often and in many notable cities around the globe. The food here us competitive with fine dining establishments. Six of us dined so there was a good sampling of the menu. The service was a tad slow but still quite good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RetireesDined on 11/18/2014They have the absolute best eggplant caprese salad I've ever had!! Everyone in the group I met there said they'd have to order that next time we go there. We meet once a month and have decided to meet at Victor's every month from now on because the food is so good! The service is great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- to go dessert order was wrong :-/BlumDined on 11/15/2014It was almost as if the food was trying too hard to live up to the community's expectations. This restaurant came highly recommended and it fell way short. We definite will not return. Service was mediocre at best. Entrees were just missing something. We ordered dessert to go and the order was wrong.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedChildsDined on 11/8/2014I took a chance and took my wife to Victor's for our 1st anniversary. When I heard that it was built in an old church I was sold. We were seated shortly after arriving and getting some drinks at the bar. We were greeted by our waiter, which was at our table just the right amount of time. We both ordered steaks which were beyond our expectations, one of the best steaks I have ever had! ( And I have a lot of great steaks) I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experience!LibixDined on 11/8/2014Went here with another couple...got a bottle of wine for the table and house salads that all came out fine. My dinner was wrong ( think the waiter heard the wrong dish). No hesitation to take it back and gave me a free glass of wine while I waited. Our friends got dessert which they said was good. Would go back again!Special Features:
- Great charm and foodReesesPiecesDined on 11/1/2014We are considering holding our rehearsal dinner here next summer, but had never been here because we live 30 minutes away. We enjoyed the charm of the old church and overall ambience. The food and wine was also excellent. We'll definitely return for dinner again and if they can handle a group our size we will most likely book our rehearsal dinner there as well.Special Features:
- DisappointeddinerinyorkDined on 10/31/2014The bruschetta came on soggy bread. The waitress explained that it was on gluten free bread. My opinion, that should be an option, not the standard. The salad was nothing spectacular, just chopped lettuce on a small plate. Wife had ceasar, I had house. The only difference I could see was I had 2 tomatoes whereas she didn't. The entrees and desert were outstanding which is why I gave the food section a 4. The service was outstanding. A wedding party of 30 came in around 8. We went for dinner at 730 so we could enjoy the band that went on at 8. By 815, the wedding party was so loud and obnoxious we couldn't hear the band from 10 feet away so we just decided to leave. This definitely was not worth the $100 we spent for the evening.Special Features:
- John & MimiteameganDined on 10/3/2014Went to Victor's for the first time, it was a Friday night. There was a Jazz band playing in the Bar. Loved it! Our server couldn't have been any nicer, took great care of us. Extra bread, without having to ask. Food was delicious!! The whole night was great. Have already raved to others about how wonderful a time we had, & they must go. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Church can be deliciousKristenDined on 10/3/2014We've been dining at Victors as much as we possibly can (without the kids). The chef is amazing and I usually order whatever is on the Chef Special. You can't go wrong with any of their meals. I'm not a beer drinker but their beer list is incredibly vast. The service is top notch as well. When asked about a great place to go I always suggest Victors. ...BTW it's in an old church...very neat atmosphereSpecial Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014My wife and I went out for dinner on a Monday night for our 35th Wedding Anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the house red white was very good. It is not an intimate setting, but the noise was minimal and there is some level of privacy. The service was excellent and the prices were reasonable. We enjoyed our evening and will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome find!BBrunoVIPDined on 9/23/2014We were very surprised and very pleased with Viktor's once we entered the building. Everything was outstanding from the food to the service. Their wine selection list was very impressive. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and great location!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/18/2014The food at Victors is amazing and full of flavor! We had excellent service and could not complain about anything. We will definitely visit Victors again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice food, nice settingAdamisVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food is well prepared and really better than most Italian restaurants. We sat at the bar and the bartender was attentive, and friendly. They served respectable drink. The calamari app was tasty and spicy. nice and crispy and tender. Our seafood dishes were very tasty(Shrimp and lobster parpadelle and Fuuiti di mare) the seafood was cooked properly and pasta was nearly just right(a tad on the soft side). The restaurant, I believe, is in small old church or some such building, giving it a different, but pleasant setting. The outdoor dining looked nice, as it was on a quiet little street with little traffic passing by. This restaurant was an especially good one given the rather rural area it is in.
- Night OutNiteOutDined on 9/12/2014Hubby had swordfish and I had the scallops. Both we're delicious. Always a wonderful evening. Only complaint is that there is limited parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JEMSDined on 9/12/2014ALWAYS great food at Victor's. Classy with great atmosphere. Parking is at a premium so be prepared if you are going on a weeknight late in the evening.Special Features:
- A true VictoryAllanNanceVIPDined on 9/8/2014When you set out to find a place to ear on your Wedding Anniversary in a town 700 miles from you home can be a challenge. Wit the help of Open Table I feel I was Victorious in finding Victor's Italian Restaurant in York, PA. The food, wine and ambiance were wonderful. I would return many times if we lived closer.Special Features:
- Small Place-Big AchievementsSavorDined on 9/6/2014Victor's has the combination of excellent food, excellent wine, and excellent service. We always ask for Bridget and consistently have service that is prompt, friendly, and attentive. She knows the food and wine and is skillful in recommending items to fit your preferences. The specials are always worth consideration, using the pick of local ingredients at the peak of freshness. Yet, the seasonally changing menu is reliably good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!MsdinerDined on 9/5/2014The food was excellent and the atmosphere was wonderful and relaxing. We were not rushed at all, the server brought our next courses out at our own pace. Because we were able to work through our meal without feeling that we had to hurry up and vacate the table, we were able to sample more beers and wine, try some desserts, and really made a night of it. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone in the mood for a relaxing evening with some great drinks and great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch food!arloeDined on 9/5/2014Always a pleasant time! The food is delicious and original. The wine and beer lists are also outstanding. Definitely a special occasion place but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food RelaxedBDE1Dined on 8/29/2014Good food, service, and atmosphere - overall nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Victor'sPerpetualVictorclientDined on 8/26/2014Outstanding restaurant!!! "Go to" place for special personal occasions in addition to the "date night" arrangement held on Wednesday evenings.Special Features:
- Great Food but Crab caneoli just okaug192014Dined on 8/19/2014Outstanding lasagna. Crab Cannelloni....pasta sheets stuffed with Ricotta and Jumbo Lump crab was mediocre. It was too crisp, too much cheese but had a nice a smoked marinara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food superb. Great atmosphere!GastronomeDined on 8/13/2014Always enjoy going to Victor's. Food & Service has always been excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great customer serviceMarkKDined on 8/12/2014I cannot express how satisfied I am with the customer service. I went there with my fiancée (been engaged 4 days) and they gave us a nice, private table in the corner. The food was amazing and the beer selection is fantastic (great for craft beer fans)! At the end of the night, the shift manager bought us dessert as a congratulations on our engagement. I highly recommend that everyone gives Victor's a try!!! You won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesTJR55Dined on 8/7/2014The food here is classic and truly amazing. It's so delicious I get cravings to return. My favorites - pesto arancini, heirloom salad, and saltimbocca. My guy got the filet last time and it was heavenly. Service is great! I live mostly in Philadelphia with no shortage of great food and this restaurant is still in my top 3. Check it out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AliciaDined on 8/7/2014I Hadn't been to Victor's in quite some time and was pleased to see the menu had changed. We had the lobster and shrimp paperdelle pasta and it was absolutley fantastic. The service was great also. We will definitely make this a go to.Special Features:
- Great food, very noisy.DhopDined on 8/6/2014I have been In and around the York, PA area forever but never knew Victor's existed. I was surprised to see signs that they are celebrating their 30th anniversary. Victor's is housed into a converted church.The bar area is a cool area to just hang out and meet interesting people. The menu is Mediterranean, with lots of interesting dishes. I had crab ravioli and my friend had flank steak, both items not normally on the menu. We were both very pleased. The beer list is excellent. Service was top notch. The place was full and very noisy as the dining is space is open and the tables are close together. I recommend Victor's for a fun evening with friends, not for a quiet romantic dinner or to discuss important business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special AnniversaryNiteOutDined on 8/1/2014We went to Victor's to celebrate our anniversary. Our table was ready only a few minutes after we arrived. Cocktails - Green Fairy (absinthe served right at table side & the Basil Vodka Gimlet. Both we're amazing! Our meals were served promptly and we're piping hot. Everything was perfect! We will certainly go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing MealTrickyLynnDined on 8/1/2014The menu was absolutely incredible and we had a hard time choosing from all the great dishes listed. From appetizer to dessert we were blown away, everything was amazing. The crab and shrimp ravioli were so good. The icing on the cake was the tartufo for dessert, it was so unique and refreshing. The only problem we had was the noise level, it was super loud and we had a very hard time holding a conversation with each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 179 reviews are from the Victor's Italian Restaurant reviews archive.
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Victor's never seems to disappoint! It is always a struggle narrowing down what you are going to eat because the entire menu looks so good. Great craft beer selection as well.Special Features:
- great ecperienceeatoliveDined on 7/19/2014Service was spot on. Food was exceptional.I would consider this more of a fine dining experience. The dishes are a little more exotic and creative. Great place to celebrate a special occasion. It is in an old church so it was loud. And the air condoning was a bit too cold. But neither took away from the overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific placethe7winosDined on 7/15/2014Our server was terrific. She was patient as we waited for our entire party to arrive. She made sure we had what we needed as we waited. Once our entire party was present she was very cordial and listened to our needs. One member of our party had a special dining need and she made sure to get the information needed for the kitchen crew. Our meal was served with an appropriate amount of time from ordering to the table. Dishes cleared, when needed and respect of our conversations we had going on. We never felt the need to stop talking while they cleared the table, as i have had to do at other places. They seemed to know when to clear and when to steer clear of the table. We had a great night!! Thank you !Special Features:
- A little disappointed...AngieDined on 7/9/2014Heard great things about the restaurant before I went to lunch with 3 friends. Its in an old church, so something a little different and the decor added to the experience. Our waiter was very attentive. I did find it to be crowded and noisy for trying to hear my table mates. The menu was interesting, but what I chose, I would not select again. The grilled chicken sandwich wrapped in prosciutto. This is a fatty ham, so at a restaurant of this stature, I expected it to be trimmed. It was not. Also the tomatoes served at our table everyone's order had them) looked horrid. This is July they should be beautiful! They appeared to have been frozen or maybe just cut and refrigerated--I expected more. I will not return.Special Features:
- Celebration!Winelovers111602Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I had reason to celebrate, so without much debate, we decided to celebrate at Victor's, and it did not disappoint! The food was outstanding, and the service was excellent. There was also a nice selection of wines by the glass, so we were able to try a few different ones with our various courses. We'll definitely be looking forward to our next trip back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A personal touchDrBombayDined on 6/28/2014Victors has great food prepared with love and attention by a dedicated staff. When you park out back you see how small a kitchen they must have, but the food comes out quickly and with flare. The beer selection is always exceptional and they even offer cask pulled beers like an English pub. A family favorite with a local feel and consistently good food.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerHappyInLuvDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary as first time diners at Victor's Italian Restaurant and enjoyed it very much. The food was fantastic and the atmosphere and ambience were the perfect setting for our special day! We will be returning for those special occasions.Special Features:
- Superb food, waitress commendableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014My husband and I were thrilled with the restaurant and quality of food. Each item had a unique flavor; and the menu met the needs for both of us. As a vegetarian, there were ample choices to meet my needs. And the waitress explained that accommodations could be made for other menu items. We commend the chef! My only disappointment was the noise level in the restaurant. Though my request for a quiet table to celebrate our anniversary was given the best possible location, it was only upon our arrival that we realized, there is no quiet, romantic location. Seated next to us was a party of six, with diners definitely enjoying their dinner. At times, we could not hear each other. Recommend for superb food, not for a quiet romantic meal.Special Features:
- Who knew?..Joan35Dined on 6/21/2014Who knew a person could find such a wonderful restaurant in a quiet residential neighborhood in York? At first we thought it was the neighborhood church, but we quickly discovered that this little church building had been renovated to become a real gem of an eating spot with indoor tables and an outdoor patio for quick bites. We were not an easy group, with food allergies and specific requests easily met by the server. Our 8 month old grandchild was with us, and our server was so great with him, even bringing him soft food to try out. We were so surprised and pleased with the food, service and decor that we will be sure to return next time we're in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hamfly1Dined on 6/20/2014One of Yorks best restaurants. Awesome food and service. Yahoo News rated it as one of 10 best restaurants outside of Philly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.