Victorias Station & Vic's Boathouse
86 Wharf Street
Salem, MA 01970Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Victorias Station & Vic's Boathouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: www.victoriastationsalem.com & www.vicsboathouse.com
- Phone: 9787453400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Ryan Jalbert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: A venue isn't just a physical space in which to hold your event – it should be a place where you want to create memories. At Victoria Station, every celebration and gathering is very important to us. Our attention to detail and high level of service will help make your event extraordinary and unforgettable. Whether it be an intimate group or a large gathering, we offer many options from which to choose when planning your occasion. As we are a full service restaurant, we are able to offer a broad range of delicious appetizers, entrees, and desserts.
- Private Party Facilities: Every celebration and gathering is very important to us. Our function facilities range from cozy, small-scale private rooms to larger sized private areas with floor to ceiling bay windows, providing panoramic views of the Salem waterfront. Our attention to detail and high level of service will help make your event extraordinary and unforgettable. Whether it be an intimate group or a large gathering, we offer many options from which to choose when planning your occasion. As we are a full service restaurant we are able to offer a broad range of delicious appetizers, entrees and desserts. To accommodate each and every guest, we gladly cater to individual needs or dietary restrictions.
- Private Party Contact: Elizabeth Collett 9787453400x
- Entertainment: Every Wednesday Night (9 pm-12 am)- KARAOKE;
Every Thursday Night (9 pm-12 am)- OPEN MIC;
Every Friday Night (9 pm-12 am)- DJ;
Every Saturday Night (9 pm-12 am)- LIVE BANDS; the most popular local bands, guarantee a night of non-stop dancing; April through December Sundays (6 pm-9 pm) - ACOUSTIC PERFORMANCES & REGGAE
- Special Events: Rehearsal Dinners, Wedding Receptions, Bridal Showers, Baby Showers, Anniversaries, Birthdays, Social Gatherings & Events, Banquets, Holiday Parties, Family Reunions, Christenings, Corporate Luncheons & Dinners, Business Parties, Retirement Parties, Award/Recognition Events, Fundraisers and Private Events
- Cross Street: New Derby Street
- Public Transit: Train service: Newburyport/Rockport Commuter Rail Line from Boston"s North Station; Bus service: Bus Route 450; Salem Depot - Boston Via Highland & Western Ave; Bus Route 455/459; Salem Depot - Haymarket or Downtown Crossing Via Loring Ave.,Central Sq.,Lynn & Western Ave.;Bus Route 451; North Beverly - Salem Depot Via Cabot St. or Sohier Rd.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking Garage located on Congress Street.
A word from Victorias Station & Vic's Boathouse
Victoria Station & Vic's Boathouse is a Staple on the North Shore and stands above the rest for their unique proximity to the water, historic ambiance and tempting menu items. American comfort cuisine and fresh, locally sourced fish and vegetables are key ingredients to staying true to Victoria Station's traditions while still captivating a new generation. Vic's Boathouse offers local craft beers and traditional brews, elegant wines, chic martinis and creative pub fare. Come and enjoy great food and drink, live music, and a slight ocean breeze in a setting that's the definition of waterfront "wow".Continued
"Best Bar North of Boston" by Boston Magazine
"Best Waterfront Dining" by North Shore Magazine (the past 3 consecutive years)
"Best Bar North of Boston" by Boston Magazine
"Best Waterfront Dining" by North Shore Magazine (the past 3 consecutive years)
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Victorias Station & Vic's Boathouse - Best Restaurants in Salem, MA ›
Victorias Station & Vic's Boathouse reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (54)great for outdoor dining (46)good for groups (23)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (18)special occasion (11)vibrant bar scene (10)fit for foodies (8)romantic (7)late-night find (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This place is very charming, but the service was sketchy, and the food missed the mark. Everything was good quality, but lacking in seasoning.Special Features:
- Great time overall.GreatDined on 8/16/2014Our server was darren, he was great, we sat at pur reserved booth, food was great, atmosphere was crowded but to be expected on a sat night. I cant say enough about darren though great waiter will be going baxk again for sure.Special Features:
- popof6Dined on 8/9/2014Food was very good and the waiter very good. I would go back in a secondSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2014I have always enjoyed dining at Victoria Station over the past number of 15 years. The view is spectacular, the food is good, the prices are fair and the staff is friendly and helpful. However, on this recent visit I found the restaurant to be fairly dirty. The rugs were worn, stained and smelled and the menus were stained. It concerns me that if management believes this is acceptable that there may be other sanitation issues present in the restaurant that I did not see. For this reason, I am very sorry to say that I will most likely not return to the restaurant until they address these issues.
- Great ViewTwilightlillyDined on 8/3/2014The view was fantastic. Our server was very attentive, but the food was average. The lobster Mac-n-cheese lacked flavor. However, the chocolate mousse was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, scenic viewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014Overall the experience was good and they accommodated our request for water view and putting a candle on a birthday dessert. One complaint is that service slowed down considerably during the latter half of the meal. The server disappeared and it took forever to get the dessert menu, order and receive dessert and get the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Happy, But.....OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014I am very happy with this restaurant and my family had a great time. However, I was disappointed in Open Table because when I booked this reservation about a week in advance, I never received a confirmation email. I called the restaurant 2 days before my reservation date, and the restaurant informed me that my "party of 11" was not in the books. Luckily, the restaurant was able to accomodate me... but I was disappointed in this experience. Up until this point, I have always had a great experience using open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IcedregularDined on 8/2/2014Delicious food and fresh salad bar. You can dress up and feel fancy just as you would dress down and feel comfortable casual at VS. We had prime rib with absolutely no fat, no bone - super tender -and lobster. They forgot to give us a tool to crack the lobster - no big deal. Would def recommend or go again. The only draw back is it gets loud with big parties as there are no privacy walls, just curtains.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014It was my first time visiting Victoria Station. I couldn't have been happier. The food was delicious. I had the baked stuffed haddock. By far the best that I have had. The service was ok. They made sure our food was ok and that we had drinks but I am there for the food so I didn't mind the service being a little unattentive. I would recommend other to go for dinner and wharf rats!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedluv2eatDined on 7/26/2014We went to Victoria Station for my sons Birthday dinner. He had the Lobster Mac & Cheese before and said that it was the best he has ever had. Well, unfortunately not this time. There was hardly any lobster in it this time - the last time it must have had an entire lobster in it! Our meal came out in a bizarre order. First we were served our caesar salads, then the appetizer arrived while we were halfway through with our salads, then the bread while we were still eating the salad and appetizers. About 20 minutes after we had finished all of that our meals finally arrived - strange. Whenever we go there they do not have the draft beer in stock that is listed on the menu.Special Features:
- on the waterTodSDined on 7/24/2014Nice location on the water. Food and service were good,standard fare. Also would be good for apps and drinks.
- Vic's Boathousegabbi10Dined on 7/23/2014This spot has become a go-to hang out for me when planning large group get togethers.The sandwiches and seafood is great. We love the calamari and the lobster quesadillas! Perfect view of derby wharf!Special Features:
- Reliable favoriteEllenDined on 7/19/2014Nice evening for dinner out by the ocean. Casual bar for drinks followed by dinner outdoors. Love the salad bar. Perfect server, attentive AND inobtrusive - she was fantastic.Special Features:
- YummyKcrabbyDined on 7/18/2014Lobster Mac and cheese was delish. Caesar salad was very large...plenty to share. Large restaurant with lots of outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Happy Memory...AugustfoodiesDined on 7/16/2014While it has been close to 13 years since we've been to Victoria's Station (simply because we are traveling from New Jersey), we are happy to report, it has remained an exceptional dining experience. A casual, laid back kind of restaurant where you can bring your family or a date for that matter. The prime rib is to die for and the salad bar is an extra bonus. A must try is the Wharf Rat! ALWAYS a treat!! I'm proud to say we're on our 3rd generation glass :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always has been a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014I have been eating at Victoria Station for decades now. It has been a great place to eat with a bunch of old friends gathering together. The food is nice and the salad bar is fresh. We did not feel rushed and the service was pretty good too.Special Features:
- Mixed bag regarding the experienceunsatisfiedDined on 7/12/2014We had an issue where a member of the party asked specifically about the ingredients included in a dish on the menu. Long story short, the dish did include somethng in which the member of my party is allergic to. After taking a bite she realized this and immediately spoke to the server. The server was apologetic (as he should) but the manager did not come over to speak with us for approximately 30 minutes. She never asked was the person OK, is there anything we can do for you, etc. Just bad customer service and a lack of concern over someone's health after ingesting something she's allergic to. Perhaps a more experienced wait staff is in order.Special Features:
- Best Prime RibFoodExtraordinaireDined on 7/11/2014Victoria Station (VS) has the best salad bar & prime rib in the land. The only way to improve would be to offer béarnaise sauce. We eat at VS often & this has never happened before. However, this time our meal came to the table almost immediately after ordering. Unfortunately, this did not allow us any time to enjoy their fabulous salad bar. The waitress did offer to take it back & keep it warm. But, we all know that the best time to eat steak is right after it is cooked. Another suggestion would be to offer reservations for outdoor seating. When you make reservations, the reservation is for inside only. When you arrive your name is placed on a different list for outside. That can take up to a wait time of 1 hr. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service over priced so-so fooddiane1952Dined on 7/9/2014Chris was our server and was pleasant and friendly. Quickly removed dirty water glasses from the table and returned with clean ones. The salad bar was more like what you would expect at a diner--nothing special considered the charge for just the salad was $12. Speaking of prices, my husband had the smaller prime rib with rice and the "salad bar"? His was good. I ordered fried shrimp which came with French fries (no choice) and a tablespoon of slaw and cost $22.00--no salad or anything else. While the shrimp were nicely cooked, for the price to include the so called salad bar would have made me at least feel that I got something besides a plate 3/4 of French fries. This restaurant is definitely for the tourists money.Special Features:
- Great food, exceelent locationSantaDined on 6/30/2014This is my sons favorite place so we took him there on his birthday. Beautiful night, on the water, food was very good. Waiter was too. Never had a bad time/food here. Food is not @ the excellent level but its consistently very good and the portions are such that you wont walk away hungry.Special Features:
- not worth itDisappointedDined on 6/27/2014Not worth it because you are worth nothing to them. Restaurant hosting wedding rehearsal. Curtain across to leave 4 tables one stuck in corner with family of 6 trying to celebrate a 50th anniversary felt really bad for them. Very disappointing and then to top off we waited half hour for food because come to find out another room has party of 20 and their order beat ours to kitchen by 20 seconds.
- Not ImpressedmyreviewDined on 6/20/2014Food was good and great salad bar. Disappointed that at 7pm they ran out of wine and the dinner special, and our server was not aware of this when he approached our table. He took our order and returned with the news that the items were not available. Not impressed with 4 hostesses standing at entrance drinking ice coffee and forgetting to seat us 20 minutes after our reservation time.Special Features:
- Great SpotJeanneDined on 6/19/2014Great summer spot to dine outdoors. Food is great and lobster rolls are amazing. We have been coming to this restaurant for more than 30 years and can't think of any restaurant we like better.Special Features:
- Great food, no so great serviceMarkRDined on 6/16/2014Server was a bit rude and seemed grumpy to be dealing with our table. The food and the view was excellent and sitting outside was perfect for my 2 yr old that loves birds and planes! The hostess and host couldn't have been more friendly when we arrived and were helpful in letting us move our table so our daughter could have a better view of the water.
- Disappointing VisitWaterLoverDined on 6/15/2014When I made reservations a week ahead for Father's Day, I had requested an outside table on the water. When we arrived, we were shown to an inside table. When I explained I had requested an outside table, I was told that Victoria Station did not take reservations for outside tables. Had I know this beforehand, I would have selected a different restaurant with waterside tables. I was very disappointed by the lack of communication.Special Features:
- Very Nice !SonnyDayeDined on 6/14/2014The service and atmosphere were excellent. My guest had the macaroni/cheese/lobster dish that was delicious. I had the prime rib, although, very tasty and tender, it was a little dry without any au jus sauce which I prefer. I asked the waiter for a side of au jus that he accommodated, but it tasted like a rather poor substitute.Special Features:
- Great locationDevanDined on 6/8/2014The location is great, the manager knows she has some training challenges at the host station. We had issues the manager did address once we asked the server (who was doing a good job) to get the manager. The hostess didn't do that when we asked to speak to the manager. If you want to sit outside ("Vic's Boathouse"), that could be a challenge, even if you made a reservation. If you get to sit there, it's terrific. If they seat you inside when tables are clearly available outdoors, then. . . .Special Features:
- Excellent diningDingoDined on 6/6/2014We so enjoyed the New England baked haddock that was cooked to perfection. The lavish salad bar that came with our dinner was a welcome delicious treat. This place has great food and is very inexpensive compared to many other of restaurants on Pickering wharf. Great views of harbor here tooSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud and RudetryalllonceDined on 6/1/2014We made a reservation weeks before for 7 people to sit outside, and they told us they couldn't accommodate that when there was an open table outside. They sit us in the bar area where we had to ask them to turn down the music 4 times because it was so loud. The waitress didn't pay attention and it was hard to get drinks refilled. The food was good butt not enough to experience the rudeness again.
- disappointingenjoy2eatoutDined on 5/25/2014My husband and I chose Victoria's Station for our anniversary. We live locally but have never been. We made advance reservations and were seated promptly...that's where it ended. We waited some time for a waitress and when one finally appeared she apologized and told us she thought the other waitress had taken care of us. She took our drink order as well as our meal order together. Bread and butter appeared much later. Our food arrived by others and we were never checked on to see if we were all set. Food was good and the salad bar had plenty of choices. We were never offered coffee or dessert. A check was placed on the table and we never saw our waitress againSpecial Features:
- Graduation dinnersecaiamiDined on 5/23/2014We were seated promptly at our table for 7 people. The waitress came right over and took our drink order and brought water as well. Food was hot, delicious and prompt. Meals were generous, and although I did not get the salad bar, several of my party did and said it was outstanding. The only drawback would be the parking, but since it was Memorial Day Weekend and a college graduation weekend, that could have been a contributing factor to the congestion. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous EnvironmentblessedDined on 5/18/2014Food was great and the service top notch! EXCELLENT !!! NICE CHANGE IN THE TOTAL SETTING! WEB PAGE & PHONE BOOK list the wrong phone #...754 ---745???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 6 reviews are from the Victorias Station & Vic's Boathouse reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/29/2014Great restaurant. Great service and great food. Loved the salad bar. Prime Rib was the best. We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- surprisingly terrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014I really thought the food was going to be delicious but it was awful and the wait staff friendly but not because salem is amazing and had nothing less than a fabulous experience until we went to Victoria Station. Chicken really dry and entire meal was bland. The waitress put just enough effort in to do her jib which I guess is better than nothing. I will return to salem but not this restaurant. Kids running all over the restaurant almost knocking down the wait staff. This is the first bad review I've written.
- Where's the beef?BossDined on 4/7/2014Well, I can tell you, if you are looking for beef go to Victoria's station. I have been dining there for years and usually get the Baked Haddock, as I am usually on a diet. However, the other night was a special occasion, so I opted for the prime rib. OMG.....it was so delicious. Paired with a baked potato and the ever present salad bar, I was so delighted with my choice! Several of my friends also got the prime rib but they got "the biggest portion on the menu". I opted for the gate cut and just barely made it through. I don't know how they were able to finish the ginormous portions that they got Maybe because they were men. LOL I would recommend Victoria's Station over and over, have never had a bad meal there yet. Thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bartenders were nice and attentive,DawnDined on 3/22/2014Bartenders were nice and attentive, although we did have to ask for bread & butter. Chicken wings had the appearance & tasted like a store bought frozen food product that had been deep fried to warm up. Caesar salad good. Steak & lamb entrees were cooked perfect. Both baked & mashed potatoes were barely warm. Bartender quickly retrieved a piping hot baked potato for me. My husband chose to just not bother with the mashed. Had apple pie & ice cream for dessert. The heat throughout the pie was inconsistent, like it had been heated in microwave rather than oven. This was our third visit and have noticed a slight decline in the food preparation in the last two visits. Not anxious to return.Special Features:
- ClubClubDined on 2/28/2014I had not been to Victoria Station in several years and it was as good as I recalled. Excellent salad bar, the food was very good. Most of all, our server was excellent. She was very friendly and provided helpful info and good service.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Went for valentines day and had great service. Food was just as good had calamari for an app, I had swordfish for dinner my girlfriend had a salad both were very good. Had chocolate covered strawberry for desert. Overall great dining experience especially for the occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.