Victoria's Restaurant @ The King Edward Hotel
37 King Street East
Toronto, ON M5C 1E9Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
ContinentalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Victoria's Restaurant @ The King Edward Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thekingedwardhotel.com/victorias-restaurant/
- Phone: 4168634125
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 6:30am – 11:30am
Saturday & Sunday 7:30am – 11:00am
Sunday 11:00am – 1:00pm
Friday – Sunday 2:30pm – 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Daniel Schick
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Wheelchair Access
A word from Victoria's Restaurant @ The King Edward Hotel
Located in one of Toronto’s most prestigious hotels, King Edward Hotel, Victoria's is a popular spot for business brunches and theatre goers alike. Executive Chef Daniel Schick has brought the guests of King Edward almost 17 years of astonishingly delicious and consistently inventive gastronomy. The Chef fuses traditional and cutting-edge contemporary in his preparations, integrating seasonal and local ingredients with classical cooking methods.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Victoria's Restaurant @ The King Edward Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (3)romantic (2)Show More
- Don't book for a special occassion!ilikeyummiesDined on 5/11/2014Totally unreliable. I reserved ahead for mothers day. A couple of days before mothers day they called and announced they were canceling high tea for mothers day and asked if I would like to book another day instead, not seeming to register why I would have reserved for this particular day. By the point, all other venues for high tea were fully booked and I had to scramble to figure out something else. I would never take a chance on this place again.Special Features:
- PearlgirlDined on 5/11/2014I made reservations for Mother's Day at the King Edward due to its excellent reputation. They phoned me 3 days before Mother's Day to tell me they would not be honouring my reservation. They offered me a 2 p.m. seating in their lobby. This time was of no use to us as our grown daughters both had to work. Obviously, trying to get a reservation at that late date anywhere in the city ended up as one would expect...no Mother's Day happened for us. Astonishingly poor service from a hotel of its calibre. Since we did have the opportunity to actually experience the restaurant my ratings are 1 star (as a rating is required). I would like to think the actual experience would be better!
- Afternoon teaTengziDined on 5/3/2014Great environment. Very nice dining space. Plenty of food with afternoon tea. However, based on taste alone, tea at Windsor arms is much better. The tea pots are plain white, and I would have enjoyed it a lot more if we had fancy tea potsSpecial Features:
- The following 138 reviews are from the Victoria's Restaurant @ The King Edward Hotel reviews archive.
- Faded gloryBillDined on 4/10/2014The menu and food are fine; but the service was formal and seemed slow. The room is dated and needs an update.
- Went for usual Sunday brunchLuv2e8tDined on 4/6/2014Typically I don't enjoy buffet style dinning, but the food prepared was not what you typically get in a buffet. Everything was fresh (and I also showed up in the later part of the afternoon) and there was a great selection. The service was great, our waiter constantly kept checking out pots of coffee and refilling our drinks before we were empty. Definitely one of my favourite brunches to date. Many birthday brunches were going on, they can accommodate any size group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business BreakfastSterlingzincVIPDined on 3/3/2014One of the best places downtown for breakfast. Service however is sometimes lacking. Often understaffed, which means longer than necessary dining. Food is always excellent and location and ambience make it a Power breakfast location. Always sorry they took it out of its original location.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had great experience withWeiweiDined on 2/23/2014I had great experience with my friend and we are planing to come next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful afternoon tea.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014I booked the Afternoon Tea for myself and my daughter to celebrate her birthday. We had enjoyed tea at the Ritz in London on our visit last spring and wanted to recreate the experience here at home. It was a lovely peaceful afternoon, good service and atmosphere and overall a very enjoyable way to celebrate a special occasion. I had mentioned it was for a birthday when I was speaking to them on the phone and they graciously put a candle and Happy Birthday greeting on our tea tray, a very thoughtful surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant brunch, downtown TorontoAnnieCANADADined on 2/16/2014The staff were friendly and efficient but not intrusive. The food was excellent.I was quite impressed with the eggs Benedict. I am very fussy about this dish. English muffin crisp, warm, egg yolk runny but not raw. Hollandaise sauce excellent! food beautifully presented, and hot. I highly recommend this brunch for couples and families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Sunday afternoon teaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2013Little sandiwches, scones with cream and jam, selection of sweets, great selection of teas, and a champagne option. All served graciouslySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Afternoon tea was ordinaryachiintoDined on 7/20/2013The service was poor and the environment was not so nice when we were being seated at the lobby. The price is a bit low compared to other hotel's afternoon tea. However the portion and the quality also decreased. The service received was equal to a low end Chinese dim sum restaurant. As for food. Their teas are great. Sandwiches were tasty. However, their scones and desserts were predominantly berries flavoured. In summary, food is acceptable but nothing outstanding. I heard great thing of the afternoon tea at King Edward. But I am surely disappointed.
- I had Afternoon Tea with amirliciousDined on 4/7/2013I had Afternoon Tea with a girlfriend at Victoria's. We were glad to be seated inside the restaurant instead of the lobby. The food was great, however, the service felt rushed.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013I went for afternoon tea with my parents, grandparents, My sister brought her newborn (14 days old), both of our husbands and my neice. We were there to celebrate my mum's birthday. The scones were delicious! So we're the deserts and sandwiches. Everyone enjoyed picking their own tea. The noise level was perfect to chat, have my grandfather hear us and yet not be awkward. We had a great time.Special Features:
- The food and the service wasCandyDined on 1/13/2013The food and the service was excellent! Will going to try the brunch next time.Special Features:
- A "surprise" special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012A "surprise" special occasion with family was only further embellished with a breakfast at Victoria's. We were served in a very timely, and efficient manner. The food was hot and beautifully presented. Accomodations were made for our little one at the table with a convenient highchair and a little 'extra' attention. Very nice. Will be back to try the sunday brunch.Special Features:
- The quality of the brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/16/2012The quality of the brunch offerings was quite high. Almost all dishes were very well prepared. The lamb and the capon were chewier than optimal, and the mackerel too heavily seasoned. This is the best brunch experience I have encountered in the GTA. I will certainly be back. I would recommend it to others without reservation.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2012We had a wonderful time at Sunday Brunch with 18 members of our family. Food selection was great!Special Features:
- Ambiance was better in theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/4/2012Ambiance was better in the lobby area, but the service was quite slow.
- No ambiance inside the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2012No ambiance inside the restaurant so I would recommend sitting at a table in the lobby area, except the service is much slower in the lobby area.
- Victoria's restaurant hasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/25/2012Victoria's restaurant has an amazing brunch. They host it in stunning ballroom, which is huge, and lined with buffets of delicious food. The spread includes a large selection of hot and cold items as well as a huge dessert table. Servers come by with coffee, fresh orange juice and fresh plates throughout the meal. The food is great. I particularly recommend the beef Wellington; their great selection of house smoked fish; and their beautifully prepared vegetables; and virtually everything else... All of which is to say, the food is uniformly excellent, with the exception of Danish and croissants, which on the day I visited seemed a little stale (?). But with so many other options, it did not matter.Special Features:
- A brunch everyone should experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2012Great spot for Brunch. Its a pricy joint but well worth every cent. Brunch runs $53.00 per person ++ but well worth checking out.Special Features:
- By far the best brunch I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/30/2012By far the best brunch I have ever been to, I limited myself to spoon sized portions so I could try everything and it was too much. Each dish, was better than the next, and I mean the first was amazing. of course i kind of thought it would be when the waiter brought juice, and after one sip, i realized, it was fresh squeezed Can't wait to go back,Special Features:
- Wonderful Traditional High TeaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012Reservations were made on line & we got written and phone confirmations with in 24 hrs. Tea was set up in the the hotel lobby and the restaurant. On arrival we were quickly greeted and seated at a linen covered table, looking into the lobby. Our tea experience started with choosing our teas from a "sniffing" box of 20 different teas. I chose lap sung and my friend, the peppermint tea. We started with Bristol creme sherry, followed by the usual tea fare....finger sandwiches, scones and cakes. The sandwiches were just delicious. Good variety. The scones deserve special mention, served with whipped butter and jam... irresistible. The salted caramel, gnash topped square was memorable too. Excellent service, the whole experience was wonderful!Special Features:
- was very elegant and lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/25/2012was very elegant and lovely but the servers were a little "rough" and more suited to a steak house then a high tea service. The food was lovely and it was an amazing experience.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/7/2012Able to be seated early rather than having to wait. Superb apetizers creatively presented. Main course was outstanding. Beautiful job. Desserts were terrific. Overall dining experience 10/10. I would very highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- We were at the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/3/2012We were at the restaurant for lunch, Winterlicious menu. Food was decent, but the service was extremely slow, so main dish arrived cold, and overall it took almost 2 hours to finish our meal. The ambient was nice, but overall experience was dissapointingSpecial Features:
- Food was wonderful. ServerMickDined on 1/27/2012Food was wonderful. Server approached us when appropriate and left us alone when not. Very professional! We will return. MSpecial Features:
- Victoria's great for lunch meeting.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/12/2012This restaurant has a very good chef. I am a foodie and not easy to please as more than slightly jaded by many years of resto food. We dined as a threesome for lunch and everyone found their selections delicious, beautifully prepared & presented. Perfect service as well. We wanted a quiet location for a biz meeting w/lunch and it filled the bill.Special Features:
- This was for high tea, soOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/20/2011This was for high tea, so it's a specialized niche. The chef prepared a gluten free tea plate for my friend.Special Features:
- My fave spot now for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/20/2011Victoria's has become my go-to lunch spot when I need to take clients out, or simply a place to enjoy the lunch and be able to converse with friends without loud music or background noise.Special Features:
- Good food, beautiful surroundings,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2011Good food, beautiful surroundings, perfect for business dining.Special Features:
- Very fine afternoon tea withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2011Very fine afternoon tea with a nice variety of teas to choose from as well as very tasty sandwiches, scones and deserts. Relaxing, refined atmosphere allows for a lovely break in the day.
- yummy Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/13/2011bit pricey for sunday brunch but they have a very good selection of food (also good quality) and also good variety from dessert bar. The creme brulee was fantastic!Special Features:
- Service was as always great.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/6/2011Service was as always great. We were late due to traffic problems and when we called they were very accommodating and polite. The service is excellent and they don't rush you in any way.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a wonderful tableRoyalDutchVIPDined on 9/18/2011Enjoyed a wonderful table in the lobby. Nice to be so open and yet feel part of the restaurant. Will be back again.Special Features:
- The restaurant was a uniqueLilyDined on 7/18/2011The restaurant was a unique experience in a landmark hotel. We attracted to restaurant because of its location in thw King Edward Hotel. The food was amazing ... impeccable service ... very high end. Beautiful experience.Special Features:
- We were pretty happy withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/14/2011We were pretty happy with the service and the food, except for the fact that our steaks were done wrong :/ 3 of us ordered medium rare, and 1 of us ordered medium, but we ended up with 3 medium and 1 medium rare. Also the dessert is a little too sweet (but still good).Special Features:
- Let's lunch again at Victoria'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2011The food was really good and the portion sizes just right. The service was excellent and I will definitely recommend this spot if you are looking for a quieter lunch spot with a wonderful ambiance!Special Features:
- Food and service was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2011Food and service was excellent, however, we were seated in the lobby of the hotel which I found to be very impersonal. felt like a second class citizen.
- Brunch at the King Eddy: meh!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2011The buffet brunch selection is very good (cold meats and cheeses, shrimp, crab claws, leg of lamb, beef wellington, chocolate mousse, creme brulee) but the baked goods are terrible. There was one bread which was fresh and tasty - if a little Wonder bread-ish in it consistency, but the croissants, scones, muffins and danishes all tasted like grocery store versions: dry and butter-less. I was disappointed. I am not the best judge of this, perhaps, as I have decided that all-you-can-eat brunches are not for me. They are overpriced ($53 in this case) the food is typically cold, pre-made french toast and eggs benedict are always subpar no matter the quality of ingredients used, and one can never eat enough to feel that it was worth the moneySpecial Features: